Gamerush Thread #7 Buy any $49.99 game new for $39.99 excludes Xbox360

Status
Not open for further replies.

uzumaki_star

CAGiversary!
New thread and will try to update this post as best I can so we can keep track of everything Gamerush in the thread. Trade-in prices, pre-orders, and deals offered from Gamerush.

Link to the Thread #2 - http://cheapassgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56713

Link to Thread #3 - http://cheapassgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66496

Link to Thread #4 - http://www.cheapassgamers.com/forum...ead.php?t=69110

Link to Thread #5 - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71650&page=1&pp=50

Link to Thread #6 - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73561&page=1&pp=50
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

Buy any Used game from Gamerush for 25% off started 9/13/05 and ends 1/31/06 Thanks io for the end date for the deal.

Buy any New game that is normally $49.99 will be $39.99 excluding Xbox 360 titles (YMMV because some people have been able to actually get 360 games with this one). Started 11/22/05 and ends ?

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

(Thanks to Nemesis35 for these two deals too)
Purchase of either a Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness Bundled Gcube system or Mario Party Bundled Gamecube System you will receive your choice of 1 of these games:
Pikmin 2
StarFox: Assault
Paper Mario: Thousand year door
Metroid Prime 2
Geist
Legend of Zelda: legend of the 4 swords

Originally Posted by Zon27
I picked up a new flier today at GR. It's a single fold ad with some new deals that should be in the OP:

50% OFF all pre-owed Playstation and GBA accessories (that's all it says)

Buy a Pre-owned Playstation 2 ( ($99.99), get a pre-owned PS2 game priced $19.99 or less. Not valid with the slim system.

Buy a Pre-owned Gamecube ($69.99), get a pre-owned GC game priced $19.99 or less.

Buy a Pre-owned Gameboy Advanced (not SP) ($29.99), get a pre-owned GBA game priced $19.99 or less.

2 for $30 on the following games (all systems where applicable):
Star Wars Battlefront
Taito Legends
Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
Sonic Heroes
Final Fantasy X-2
X-men Legends
Simpsons Hit and Run
Kingdom Hearts (ps2)

Xbox Logitech Wireless controller $29.99 (limited time offer)
Xbox Phoenix Live controller $21.99 (ugly orange controller with headset)(limited time offer)

GBA SP new Brighter Screen version ($79.99), Free GBA game with purchase (up to $35).

Just a note, I don't know the length of any of these deal as there are no dates on this flier
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

$21.99 for 1 Game

http://www.gamerush.com/rules_gamepass.php click this link to find out about gamepass at Gamerush.

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions. Website updates happen but most deals are in effect way before they are updated on gamerush.com so check in the thread for the newest deals.

http://www.gamerush.com

[quote name='avatar94']Sorry if this was already mentioned but I noticed that the rechargable battery pack for Wavebird was marked down to $0.99 at 2 of my local GR stores. Great deal if you use multiple wavebird controllers on your GameCube. Cheaper than AA batteries.[/QUOTE]

Just to chime in with the others (I had no idea they were THAT bad - I thought just me and a few other people got bad ones):

Yeah, I bought 3 and not one of them worked. I actually returned 2 of them and got my money back :D. I had held out hope for the 3rd because the light actually came on when it was charging - but it doesn't work in the Wavebird. I'll just stick with my NiMH rechargeables - they've worked perfectly for 2 years now in my Wavebirds...

[quote name='doubledown']So, does Timesplitters FP for XBOX get anything decent in trade value. All of my XBOX games are being traded in or sold now.[/QUOTE]
I'll check on the XB version when I call about the GC version as soon as I leave get out of the office.

Trade-in values over the phone:
TimeSplitters: FP (GC): $24
TimeSplitters: FP (XB): $6
Lunar Legend (GBA): $8

I will be trying Blockbuster right down the road first after dinner, hopefully they give the same value for TS. That would save me a half hour drive.

[quote name='io']Just to chime in with the others (I had no idea they were THAT bad - I thought just me and a few other people got bad ones):

Yeah, I bought 3 and not one of them worked. I actually returned 2 of them and got my money back :D. I had held out hope for the 3rd because the light actually came on when it was charging - but it doesn't work in the Wavebird. I'll just stick with my NiMH rechargeables - they've worked perfectly for 2 years now in my Wavebirds...[/QUOTE]

I agree the battery packs are a POS. I bought one and it doesn't hold a charge. I thought it might be handy if I left it plugged in and charging but it doesn't do shit and the battery pack still dies mid game.

Thanks....$6 for XBOX, I don't get it. I guess I'll sell that online probably too, since it seems like the GameRush trade in deals may be drying up.

[quote name='botticus']Trade-in values over the phone:

I will be trying Blockbuster right down the road first after dinner, hopefully they give the same value for TS. That would save me a half hour drive.[/QUOTE]
Trade-in confirmed at a regular Blockbuster, in addition to $18 for Lunar DS.

With $160 in gift cards and $42 on my value card, I am set to make a killing if GR has any worthwhile DS selection. If they don't... I guess I'll be preordering as many DS games as I can and maybe buy a DS for my fiancee...

[quote name='botticus']Trade-in values over the phone:
TimeSplitters: FP (XB): $6
[/QUOTE]

LOL LOL LOL. So the Timesplitters FP that sells everywhere for at least 29.99 trades in for $6, but the one that sells for $9.99 gets $24.

Gamerush, you've done it again!

[quote name='dinovelvet']LOL LOL LOL. So the Timesplitters FP that sells everywhere for at least 29.99 trades in for $6, but the one that sells for $9.99 gets $24.

Gamerush, you've done it again![/QUOTE]

Actually Timesplitters: Future Perfect seems to be droping to $19.99 retail for all three systems at most stores making a $6 trade in value reasonable. Its only that the GC version is on clearance for $9.99 at TRU. The trade in value on the xbox and ps2 dropped to $6 a few weeks ago and the retail GR price drops from $49.99 down to $19.99 went into effect this week.

The $24 trade-in on TS: FP gamecube is likely to change tommarow.

[quote name='x_fiddle']Actually Timesplitters: Future Perfect seems to be droping to $19.99 retail for all three systems at most stores making a $6 trade in value reasonable. Its only that the GC version is on clearance for $9.99 at TRU. The trade in value on the xbox and ps2 dropped to $6 a few weeks ago and the retail GR price drops from $49.99 down to $19.99 went into effect this week.

The $24 trade-in on TS: FP gamecube is likely to change tommarow.[/QUOTE]
It would be great if it didn't... I could see myself trading in another three or four of these over the course of the week if it stays.

XBOX 360
Kameo - $30.21

Not to much of a loss, got it from Gamefly for $39 played it for 2 weeks beat it and got another gamefly game to play during that time and only lost $9. The best part is the BB guy who waited on me is buying the game and with his discount he'll pay $27.98. LOL I love seeing BB lose money! I'm ready to cook the goose!

For those curious, the employees price was $44.95 - 25% off preowned - 20% employee discount on preowned (AND FIRST DIBS) + tax.... Glad it was this guy, he's pretty much the only employee at this store that I like.

:pray: that FP stays the same for another week. I didn't get to go hunt for any tonight and i've almost got enough credit for a DS.

Does anyone know the trade in value for the Feel the Magic and Sprung DS games at Gamerush?

Thanks,

vgc

[quote name='Zon27']I agree the battery packs are a POS. I bought one and it doesn't hold a charge. I thought it might be handy if I left it plugged in and charging but it doesn't do shit and the battery pack still dies mid game.[/QUOTE]

So I have a bunch of these in storage, I wonder if we can just complain to the manufacturer and get replacements... Full price ones no less.

[quote name='vgc']Does anyone know the trade in value for the Feel the Magic and Sprung DS games at Gamerush?

Thanks,

vgc[/QUOTE]

FTM gets $5.50, not sure about Sprung.

[quote name='botticus']Has anyone had a chance to find out if TS: FP has dropped today?[/QUOTE]

I totally forgot to ask....I went to use my free rental coupon for a 360 game, and wasn't thinking. They did have a Call of Duty 2 (360) USED though. I passed since I own it.

Rented FIFA for 360 also, not that great....I think I just odn't like soccer games anymore.

TS: FP does still get $24. The bad news is my TRU is sold out. So... I think I'll trade in the copy that I bought a few weeks ago and have yet to open. I figure by the time I get around to playing and finishing TimeSplitters 2, I'll either find another copy at a different TRU, or it'll be $15 after GGC at Best Buy and I can make money off it anyway.

Mario Strikers is in, and I will find out if I can buy AC: WW when I go to pick it up. As well as buy a $50 gift card to get another $5 and see what they have in the way of DS games.

[quote name='botticus']TS: FP does still get $24. The bad news is my TRU is sold out. So... I think I'll trade in the copy that I bought a few weeks ago and have yet to open. I figure by the time I get around to playing and finishing TimeSplitters 2, I'll either find another copy at a different TRU, or it'll be $15 after GGC at Best Buy and I can make money off it anyway.

Mario Strikers is in, and I will find out if I can buy AC: WW when I go to pick it up. As well as buy a $50 gift card to get another $5 and see what they have in the way of DS games.[/QUOTE]

Surprised about TS:FP. My credit is kind of low now, so it would be nice to give that a shot - but I just KNOW it will drop as soon as I buy a copy. Remember with Xenosaga II and DTR2 they dropped at GR on Weds, not Tues, so beware if you are going to try this - I would trade it in today and not wait till tomorrow.

Good news about Mario Strikers. I hope AC:WW is in. I have 2 copies preordered (one for me, one for my daughter to play over Internet when I'm on trips!) so I had better get them before they sell them to someone else :D. I'm also hoping PopoloCrois is in for PSP. I haven't seen it anywhere else, but EBgames.com has it for immediate ship and is showing in stock at the local EB's. Of course, at GR they told me it had a "street date" of Dec. 9th (surprise, surprise, that is Friday).

By the way, I was poking around the EB web site and noticed they have bumped back a few release dates for games many of us have preordered at GR (all dates are 2006 obviously):

Y's (PSP): March 1st
Kingdom Hearts 2: March 1st
Okami: March 1st
Suikoden V: March 1st
Final Fantasy XII: August 1st

That means if I hold on to the FFXII preorder and it really comes in then, I'll have had it on preorder for almost a year and a half :D.

There are a few other games that aren't even listed at EB: Gran Turismo 4 mobile, and Black & White Creatures for PSP. Don't know what that means, except that maybe they have been pushed back even further.

Holy fuck! I JUST got a call from GR AS I WAS TYPING this post, telling me my Super Mario Strikers was in! No AC:WW though, and I didn't bother asking about PopoloCrois.

[quote name='io']Surprised about TS:FP. My credit is kind of low now, so it would be nice to give that a shot - but I just KNOW it will drop as soon as I buy a copy. Remember with Xenosaga II and DTR2 they dropped at GR on Weds, not Tues, so beware if you are going to try this - I would trade it in today and not wait till tomorrow.

There are a few other games that aren't even listed at EB: Gran Turismo 4 mobile, and Black & White Creatures for PSP. Don't know what that means, except that maybe they have been pushed back even further.
[/QUOTE]
B&W for DS is on EB, not sure what that means.

I'm leaning towards trading in my copy of TS today, might as well. I've had TS2 for about 4 months and have yet to do more than jump into the multiplayer with my friend was over once. Meaning TS FP can wait till... whenever I find a cheap copy. Can't pass up $24, that's a used DS game right there.

More POX nonsense in Greenville, SC area.

Tried to trade in several games today:

Pac-Man World 2 / PacMan Vs (GC) - POX
Links 2004 (XB) - $1.50
Shinobi (PS2) - $4.25
Arc The Lad: TotS - $2.50

I was annoyed because they refused Pac-Man. I had just bought AC:WW at GameCrazy and could have used the credit there. I hope GR isn't going to lenghty POX lists like EB/GS

BTW, I asked about DoA4 for X360 and they said they were expecting it on the 9th? And they showed no copies on order. I pre-ordered anyway since I had a ton of Credit at GR to get rid of.

[quote name='botticus']B&W for DS is on EB, not sure what that means.

I'm leaning towards trading in my copy of TS today, might as well. I've had TS2 for about 4 months and have yet to do more than jump into the multiplayer with my friend was over once. Meaning TS FP can wait till... whenever I find a cheap copy. Can't pass up $24, that's a used DS game right there.[/QUOTE]

Trade it in now - there's a good chance it will drop tomorrow.

There is supposedly a B&W Creatures game coming out for DS, PSP, and PS2, all at different times. It seems the DS version is the furthest along though (and thus coming out first). I need to switch my VJ DS preorder (they just aren't going to get this game in!) to something else and was considering the PS2 version of B&W, but do I really need 3 different versions :D. I've never even played the original PC game. I might switch it to PSU instead, though I'm not sure I'll want to get into that either.

Passed on trading in TS FP which was probably a decent idea. Even though I'll use all my credit eventually, there's not much for me right now. Only DS title that interested me (new or used) was Zoo Keeper, and then only cause the $20 price tag is easier to handle in credit. They didn't have anything new like M&L, Sonic Rush, etc.

Ended up getting my Mario Strikers preorder, tried to buy AC, but it wasn't in (should have preordered it, but no rush there), and got Sword of Mana new for $20 credit. Which is a better deal than I thought as EB sells it new for $30.

Odds are I will probably just use my credit to preorder a bunch of things next time I go in (still a few GC titles I'm looking at, but probably mostly DS/GBA titles).

Oh, by the way... as far as the "new 49.99 game for 39.99" deal, does that apply to preorders?

io: I played the original B&W for PC and it was a good time. I kinda got tired of it after a while as there were a few flaws in the interaction with my creature that got annoying, but even if its the exact same game on DS, the use of the stylus will be the most perfect replacement for the mouse that I can think of. In a similar vein, I can't imagine how that game would be all that fun on the PSP or PS2. The majority of the game is you physically interacting with the creature (patting it on the head, rubbing its belly, etc) which I can't really see being very intuitive with the d-pad or analog sticks. Imagine playing Nintendogs on the PSP.

[quote name='aoLat']FTM gets $5.50, not sure about Sprung.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info!!

vgc

WOW I cant believe the trade in value on TSFP didn't drop! :D I was gonna swing by TRU and grab what I could and just not open them untill I found out the price. Sadly I forgot alll about it untill just now.... I know what i'm doing tomorrow.

BB is another step torwards their doom, all employees got a 15% raise today. :roll:

[quote name='$hady']WOW I cant believe the trade in value on TSFP didn't drop! :D I was gonna swing by TRU and grab what I could and just not open them untill I found out the price. Sadly I forgot alll about it untill just now.... I know what i'm doing tomorrow.

BB is another step torwards their doom, all employees got a 15% raise today. :roll:[/QUOTE]
As io said, be careful tomorrow. I'd plan on doing the same thing, not opening them until you find out the price.

I guess I'll hit up my local TRU tomorow. I'll pick up ONE copy, I don't try to over-indulge like others. I don't want to get banned anyways....

If the trade value does go down, I may have to eat a few dollars, we'll see.

Confirmed, I got $24 for GC Timesplitters FP today. And also PS2 King of fighters maximum impact collectors edition (2 disc set) got $19. This is still $10 at Circuit City if you can still find it there.

I hope that I'm not being a pest, but I really need to know the trade in price on Starwars Battlefront II for PS2.

can anyone help?

[quote name='VA']I hope that I'm not being a pest, but I really need to know the trade in price on Starwars Battlefront II for PS2.

can anyone help?[/QUOTE]

It says $30 right on their website! Sheesh... :roll:

couple of peple said that logitech wireless controller for xbox is $29.99, they don't have it at the GR store i go to.. would they have it at same price at blockbuster store as well? thanx for the input

Finally got a copy of Magna Carta (39.99 after 25% off). My guy I always deal with at GR held the copy that he bought and opened, yet never played it. Everything was totally intact and in perfect condition.

So check your local store to see if people are trading it in (it gets 40 to anyone thinking about trading it in).

[quote name='jkircos']Finally got a copy of Magna Carta (39.99 after 25% off). My guy I always deal with at GR held the copy that he bought and opened, yet never played it. Everything was totally intact and in perfect condition.

So check your local store to see if people are trading it in (it gets 40 to anyone thinking about trading it in).[/QUOTE]

I keep looking for that and Atelier Iris. The PS2 section at my GR has been pretty pathetic for a while now. However, the GC section has some MINTY MINT copies of several new GC releases - I saw Batallion Wars, Fire Emblem, and Mario Party 7 (with mic) at least. They had all been traded in the last couple weeks. I haven't even gotten around to OPENING those games yet :D.

Good news about AC being in - no call to me today, but I'll stop by in the evening anyway. If one GR gets a game they usually all get it.

[quote name='io']I keep looking for that and Atelier Iris. The PS2 section at my GR has been pretty pathetic for a while now. However, the GC section has some MINTY MINT copies of several new GC releases - I saw Batallion Wars, Fire Emblem, and Mario Party 7 (with mic) at least. They had all been traded in the last couple weeks. I haven't even gotten around to OPENING those games yet :D.

Good news about AC being in - no call to me today, but I'll stop by in the evening anyway. If one GR gets a game they usually all get it.[/QUOTE]
What does Battalion Wars go for there? I'm planning on getting it today possibly at BB for $20, curious if its cheap and/or gets good trade-in at GR. Not that they have any good games at my GR, but at least I would know if it was worth waiting out.

[quote name='botticus']What does Battalion Wars go for there? I'm planning on getting it today possibly at BB for $20, curious if its cheap and/or gets good trade-in at GR. Not that they have any good games at my GR, but at least I would know if it was worth waiting out.[/QUOTE]

I think all 3 of those were marked $44.95, but I'll check again when I'm in there later. Battalion Wars is only $20 at Best Buy? Wow, that's a quick drop for a Nintendo game. By the time I play it, it will be $8 clearance fodder like Baten Kaitos :D.

[quote name='io']I think all 3 of those were marked $44.95, but I'll check again when I'm in there later. Battalion Wars is only $20 at Best Buy? Wow, that's a quick drop for a Nintendo game. By the time I play it, it will be $8 clearance fodder like Baten Kaitos :D.[/QUOTE]
Sale for 29.99, coupon for $10 off ;) Picked it up just a few minutes ago.

[quote name='botticus']What does Battalion Wars go for there? I'm planning on getting it today possibly at BB for $20, curious if its cheap and/or gets good trade-in at GR. Not that they have any good games at my GR, but at least I would know if it was worth waiting out.[/QUOTE]

Was just in, Battalion Wars was tagged $44.99, and it was just traded in Nov 25th, so this is probably accurate. What that means for trade-in value though who knows... Anyone trade a TS:FP for GC today? Curious to see if there was a Weds drop.

Oh, and I picked up AC:WW as well...

[quote name='botticus']Sale for 29.99, coupon for $10 off ;) Picked it up just a few minutes ago.[/QUOTE]
Is there a coupon at Best Buy that gets you $10 off Batallion Wars?

Thanks,

vgc

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back