Gamerush Thread #7 Buy any $49.99 game new for $39.99 excludes Xbox360

Status
Not open for further replies.

uzumaki_star

CAGiversary!
New thread and will try to update this post as best I can so we can keep track of everything Gamerush in the thread. Trade-in prices, pre-orders, and deals offered from Gamerush.

Link to the Thread #2 - http://cheapassgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56713

Link to Thread #3 - http://cheapassgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66496

Link to Thread #4 - http://www.cheapassgamers.com/forum...ead.php?t=69110

Link to Thread #5 - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71650&page=1&pp=50

Link to Thread #6 - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73561&page=1&pp=50
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

Buy any Used game from Gamerush for 25% off started 9/13/05 and ends 1/31/06 Thanks io for the end date for the deal.

Buy any New game that is normally $49.99 will be $39.99 excluding Xbox 360 titles (YMMV because some people have been able to actually get 360 games with this one). Started 11/22/05 and ends ?

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

(Thanks to Nemesis35 for these two deals too)
Purchase of either a Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness Bundled Gcube system or Mario Party Bundled Gamecube System you will receive your choice of 1 of these games:
Pikmin 2
StarFox: Assault
Paper Mario: Thousand year door
Metroid Prime 2
Geist
Legend of Zelda: legend of the 4 swords

Originally Posted by Zon27
I picked up a new flier today at GR. It's a single fold ad with some new deals that should be in the OP:

50% OFF all pre-owed Playstation and GBA accessories (that's all it says)

Buy a Pre-owned Playstation 2 ( ($99.99), get a pre-owned PS2 game priced $19.99 or less. Not valid with the slim system.

Buy a Pre-owned Gamecube ($69.99), get a pre-owned GC game priced $19.99 or less.

Buy a Pre-owned Gameboy Advanced (not SP) ($29.99), get a pre-owned GBA game priced $19.99 or less.

2 for $30 on the following games (all systems where applicable):
Star Wars Battlefront
Taito Legends
Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
Sonic Heroes
Final Fantasy X-2
X-men Legends
Simpsons Hit and Run
Kingdom Hearts (ps2)

Xbox Logitech Wireless controller $29.99 (limited time offer)
Xbox Phoenix Live controller $21.99 (ugly orange controller with headset)(limited time offer)

GBA SP new Brighter Screen version ($79.99), Free GBA game with purchase (up to $35).

Just a note, I don't know the length of any of these deal as there are no dates on this flier
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

$21.99 for 1 Game

http://www.gamerush.com/rules_gamepass.php click this link to find out about gamepass at Gamerush.

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions. Website updates happen but most deals are in effect way before they are updated on gamerush.com so check in the thread for the newest deals.

http://www.gamerush.com

[quote name='Usa Ghost']I called gr and was told by 2 different stores that timesplitters FP is only getting $6[/QUOTE]

when i called BB yesterday, i was told that no such game existed. when i informed them that i was looking directly at it, the response was that i was welcome to bring it in, but that they couldn't buy it from me because it did not exist...

i thought that was funny, but i declined their offer

I struck out on TSFP yesterday none in stock.:cry: I was just browsing their website and they give more for a Micro than they do for a DS. :roll:

Here is a list of their system trade values:
Micro 70 (brand new systems are $90 @ EB)
DS 60
GC 25
Xbox 67
psp 160
ps2 slim 90
360 350

high trade games xbox and ps2

1. 50 Cent: Bulletproof Vivendi M $32.00
2. Peter Jackson's King Kong Ubi Soft T $32.00
3. Battlefield 2 Modern Combat Electronic Arts T $30.00
4. Star Wars Battlefront II Lucas Arts T $30.00
5. True Crime New York City Activision M $30.00
6. Call of Duty Big Red One Activision T $27.00
7. Need for Speed Most Wanted Electronic Arts T $27.00

[quote name='theeipi']when i called BB yesterday, i was told that no such game existed. when i informed them that i was looking directly at it, the response was that i was welcome to bring it in, but that they couldn't buy it from me because it did not exist...

i thought that was funny, but i declined their offer[/QUOTE]

They might have it listed as TimeSplitters 3

Has anyone checked the DS or GC preorder lists lately? Obviously there's no deal anymore, but I have a ton of credit to blow and nothing in stock interests me. If not, I will see if I can get an actual list when I stop in today or tomorrow.

Also, a repeat of a previous question, do all 49.99 games get marked down to 39.99 for preordering too?

A bunch of Q1 2006 games popped up on Amazon/TRU today, hence my question (Tales of Phantasia for GBA, Odama for GC, etc). Do they even do GBA preorders?

[quote name='botticus']Has anyone checked the DS or GC preorder lists lately? Obviously there's no deal anymore, but I have a ton of credit to blow and nothing in stock interests me. If not, I will see if I can get an actual list when I stop in today or tomorrow.

Also, a repeat of a previous question, do all 49.99 games get marked down to 39.99 for preordering too?

A bunch of Q1 2006 games popped up on Amazon/TRU today, hence my question (Tales of Phantasia for GBA, Odama for GC, etc). Do they even do GBA preorders?[/QUOTE]

They used to have a few GBA games on the printed preorder sheets they had at my GR. When I switched my VJ DS to Phantasy Star Universe the other day, I had asked about a couple games before doing so - no Xenosaga for DS, no Suikoden I/II for PSP. I didn't ask about Odama. If you find out this has been added let us know and I might switch one of my Zelda's.

I don't know about the $49.99 -> $39.99 on preorders, but it would be nice to know, especially as we get closer to the end of the $39.99 deal and want to get games that aren't coming out till after it ends (assuming no new preorder deal by then - I'd wait at least till late Jan to see if they bring one back). When I was in the other day this guy was buying several games for Christmas presents. He didn't even know about the $39.99 deal (despite it being on flyers right at the register) and was thrilled that 2 of his games came up $10 cheaper. I wonder how much GR is really benefitting from this deal? I know they got lots of extra sales from the preorder deal - this one, maybe not so much.

[quote name='io']I don't know about the $49.99 -> $39.99 on preorders, but it would be nice to know, especially as we get closer to the end of the $39.99 deal and want to get games that aren't coming out till after it ends (assuming no new preorder deal by then - I'd wait at least till late Jan to see if they bring one back). When I was in the other day this guy was buying several games for Christmas presents. He didn't even know about the $39.99 deal (despite it being on flyers right at the register) and was thrilled that 2 of his games came up $10 cheaper. I wonder how much GR is really benefitting from this deal? I know they got lots of extra sales from the preorder deal - this one, maybe not so much.[/QUOTE]
I didn't see any signs when I was there, so if they don't advertise, probably not much. I can see it benefiting the average buyer, but I'm not sure how many of those shop for games at GR... and they barely had any selection of new games to even make it worthwhile from what I could see, though they might have a lot of the newer stuff back in the drawers (is this common practice or is what you see on the floor what you get?). Not too many games that I would put off buying at 49.99 and then be excited about at 39.99. Though it is GR credit, which makes the hit a little easier to handle. I think with my current stash, I'm working at about 200% cash value ($40 credit = $20 cash). I will probably just end up taking my long list of future game purchases to ask about if I make it there.

I should put Xenosaga DS on my list, though. I never even thought about the game, then when I bought the XB sequel to trade in at GR, I looked it over and thought "This actually looks like a decent game."

Yeah, I see myself going to GameRush less and less now. I check for USED 360 games, but that's about it. No good deals, for me at least. 360 games are pretty much all I want....my PSP just sits there, and the XBOX is boxed up now.

The Gamerushes in my area finally got another wave of Xbox360s. When I say wave, I mean one X360 at one store, and 2 at the other.

Does GR ever get restocked with new games? No Animal Crossings there, just curious if I should ever expect them to get more.

[quote name='botticus']Has anyone checked the DS or GC preorder lists lately? Obviously
QUOTE]

Yes, i did one for a customer the other day.

[quote name='botticus']Does GR ever get restocked with new games? No Animal Crossings there, just curious if I should ever expect them to get more.[/QUOTE]

AFAIK, probably other CAGs can confirm, but I'm pretty sure they are no longer carrying GBA and DS games for sale or rent.

[quote name='Zon27']AFAIK, probably other CAGs can confirm, but I'm pretty sure they are no longer carrying GBA and DS games for sale or rent.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I know about the renting part, and I kinda figured if I didn't preorder I was screwed, but ah well.

[quote name='Zon27']AFAIK, probably other CAGs can confirm, but I'm pretty sure they are no longer carrying GBA and DS games for sale or rent.[/QUOTE]

HUH? They are not going to sell new DS games? Are they going to clearance them to get rid of what they have now?

Mine had a Mario Kart DS bundle like 2 days ago, i'm going to go get it in the morning if they still have it. :pray: That'll be all my credit spent. :cry:

So it looks like Kameo finally arrived, but something very strange happened to me. My preorder was no longer in the system. I swear I had preordered this game, but I did it so long ago that I can no longer find the receipt, or it's one of the receipts with the disappearing ink (you know what I mean). This is like the third time that I was convinced I had preordered something only to be told I had not. The other two times was not certain, but this time I'm convinced I order it. I remember being so p.o'd when I heard it had transferred to the 360.

Anyone else had something like this happen ?

[quote name='$hady']HUH? They are not going to sell new DS games? Are they going to clearance them to get rid of what they have now?

Mine had a Mario Kart DS bundle like 2 days ago, i'm going to go get it in the morning if they still have it. :pray: That'll be all my credit spent. :cry:[/QUOTE]\

I transferred my credit to the gift card and got the +5 dollars, then turned around and bought that new DS pinball game, it has a rumble pack for the DS which is cool.

They are still selling NEW DS games at mine, I haven't paided attention to which new ones have come in, but I did see the new Mario game.

[quote name='stoned99']They are still selling NEW DS games at mine, I haven't paided attention to which new ones have come in, but I did see the new Mario game.[/QUOTE]
Well, its more a matter of really stocking them. I can pretty much guarantee that Animal Crossing was not a big preorder item at my GR. So the fact that they have zero copies for sale would imply that they're basically only filling preorders. And judging by the number of new DS games I saw this week (maybe 5 to 10) I'm betting those were either ordered before they stopped renting DS games, or they're the result of cancelled preorders.

[quote name='stoned99']So it looks like Kameo finally arrived, but something very strange happened to me. My preorder was no longer in the system. I swear I had preordered this game, but I did it so long ago that I can no longer find the receipt, or it's one of the receipts with the disappearing ink (you know what I mean). This is like the third time that I was convinced I had preordered something only to be told I had not. The other two times was not certain, but this time I'm convinced I order it. I remember being so p.o'd when I heard it had transferred to the 360.

Anyone else had something like this happen ?[/QUOTE]

Hmmm they shouldn't dissapear unless someone removes it from the system manually or it is delivered.

The only similar experience I had was picking up Battlefront 2, they told me I had already picked it up a few weeks ago even when I told them I hadn't been in the store for 3 weeks... they checked their security tapes and it turned out some employee was delivering games to himself off other peoples accounts!

[quote name='stoned99']So it looks like Kameo finally arrived, but something very strange happened to me. My preorder was no longer in the system. I swear I had preordered this game, but I did it so long ago that I can no longer find the receipt, or it's one of the receipts with the disappearing ink (you know what I mean). This is like the third time that I was convinced I had preordered something only to be told I had not. The other two times was not certain, but this time I'm convinced I order it. I remember being so p.o'd when I heard it had transferred to the 360.

Anyone else had something like this happen ?[/QUOTE]

The reason you chose stoned as your user name is becoming clearer and clearer each day.

Yeah, my GameRush had 2 360's in this week....I asked just out of curiousity (1 was promised to a pre-order, the other someone bought...oh well, there went my Ebay profit)

Also, no NEW 360 games in the system. I told the girl that I really didn't want my XBOX game pre-orders and she lets me switch them. I switched one game and she was like...I see you have a few more, do you just want to switch them all. I didn't know what games they had in the system, so she read them all.

Here is what I remember (that is not already released)
-DOA4
-College Hoops 2K6
-Top Spin
-Darkness
-Demonik
-Godfather
-Tomb Raider
-Ghost Recon 3
-Frame City Killer
-Full Auto
-Saint's Row
-Burnout
-Prey
-Timeshift
-Splinter Cell 4
-Moto GP06 (new?)
-The Outfit
-Elder Scrolls Oblivion
-Final Fantasy XI
-Gears of War

I think that was it (help from EBgames on remembering)

Sweet... they have one copy of Animal Crossing for sale at my GR, I guess I will be going there after all.

I might check on some preorders, but nothing is coming up very soon (December seems like a very slow month), and the new game deal is only on 49.99 games, of which very few are of interest, so I'll probably give a report on Odama and that's it.

[quote name='botticus']Well, its more a matter of really stocking them. I can pretty much guarantee that Animal Crossing was not a big preorder item at my GR. So the fact that they have zero copies for sale would imply that they're basically only filling preorders. And judging by the number of new DS games I saw this week (maybe 5 to 10) I'm betting those were either ordered before they stopped renting DS games, or they're the result of cancelled preorders.[/QUOTE]

At my GR they had a pile of at least 6 AC's, 2 of which I had preordered. Still, I'm glad I was around this week because they had them all sitting by the register and could have sold them without saving mine (like with Mario Kart). I'm just wondering then they are going to get PopoloCrois... Saw it at Fry's yesterday.

While they have yet to get another Mario Kart, or any copies of Viewtiful Joe, I did notice that they had the Harry Potter and Narnia games (both of which I'm sure weren't cancelled preorders) in for DS. So they must still be ordering new DS games to sell.

Someone asked if they are having a sale on used DS/GBA - all they did at my GR was put all their rental copies in the used game section at regular, used price (minus the 25% of course). I was very tempted to pick up KH:Chain of Memories. I think they have it at $19.99. But then I looked at the pile of GBA games I will never play (what with all the DS and PSP games I haven't gotten to yet), and decided against it. There's also a Castlevania DS there, which I never did get originally, but it seemed to be overpriced as a used game ($29.99 I think).

traded in PS2-NFSMW Black for $30 and picked up a used GC-1019 memory card for 9.99 (found out it rang up as a 64MB card instead of 16.99 as marked... score!)

Xbox 360 - Quake 4 - $37.10 with tax credit

:D I got this for either $29.99 or $39.99 b4 the employees realized they weren't supposed to do the preorder deal on 360 games with just a $10 upcharge. I wanted to like it but I never could get into it, the online didn't tickle my pink. Oh well..... :cry:

Used all my remaining credit and finally bought a Mario Kart DS bundle, i'm loving it! I gotta figure out how to get online now....

[quote name='sevdustflyer']The reason you chose stoned as your user name is becoming clearer and clearer each day.[/QUOTE]
Your funny!!! I wish I had a killer wit like yours :applause:

[quote name='x_fiddle']Hmmm they shouldn't dissapear unless someone removes it from the system manually or it is delivered.

The only similar experience I had was picking up Battlefront 2, they told me I had already picked it up a few weeks ago even when I told them I hadn't been in the store for 3 weeks... they checked their security tapes and it turned out some employee was delivering games to himself off other peoples accounts![/QUOTE]

Interesting, I was told today you can request a full account history on line as opposed to the 6 months or so that they can print in store.

anyone know how much mario party 7 trade in for.. been busy the last couple of weeks.. may try to trade it in.. before the price drop.. thanx

[quote name='racthamp']anyone know how much mario party 7 trade in for.. been busy the last couple of weeks.. may try to trade it in.. before the price drop.. thanx[/QUOTE]

$30

[quote name='doubledown']Yeah, my GameRush had 2 360's in this week....I asked just out of curiousity (1 was promised to a pre-order, the other someone bought...oh well, there went my Ebay profit)

Also, no NEW 360 games in the system. I told the girl that I really didn't want my XBOX game pre-orders and she lets me switch them. I switched one game and she was like...I see you have a few more, do you just want to switch them all. I didn't know what games they had in the system, so she read them all.

Here is what I remember (that is not already released)
-DOA4
-College Hoops 2K6
-Top Spin
-Darkness
-Demonik
-Godfather
-Tomb Raider
-Ghost Recon 3
-Frame City Killer
-Full Auto
-Saint's Row
-Burnout
-Prey
-Timeshift
-Splinter Cell 4
-Moto GP06 (new?)
-The Outfit
-Elder Scrolls Oblivion
-Final Fantasy XI
-Gears of War

I think that was it (help from EBgames on remembering)[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure that Moto GP is new. Thanks for the list. You are really lucky. If I could of switched all of my XBOX 1 preorders to XBOX 360 preorders for $10 more, I would have about 12 paid for. Congrats tho.

I have GoW and Oblivion (gonna switch to CE probably) on preorder. I want to PO Splinter Cell 4, Ghost Recon 3 (maybe), Prey, and Saints Row (Maybe)

Interesting....

According to the GameRush front page, they are giving $350 for the xbox 360 "pro" system. I'm surprised they'd give so much.

[quote name='aaa']Interesting....

According to the GameRush front page, they are giving $350 for the xbox 360 "pro" system. I'm surprised they'd give so much.[/QUOTE]

probably cause its garunteed to sell

[quote name='takingchase']probably cause its garunteed to sell[/QUOTE]
Yeah, they could probably price it at retail (399) and it would be out the door in a second.

EB gives $300 for the premium. I was in there today looking for AC for the DS and the guy was trying to get me to trade my 360 in since I was obviously done with it he said. LOL :roll: :lol:

[quote name='botticus']Yeah, they could probably price it at retail (399) and it would be out the door in a second.[/QUOTE]

I think they sell used 360's for $389.

GR still doesn't have Viewtiful Joe DS for me.. seem like they got at least one in but sell it out to someone else.. first.. the manager is quite cool and said he'd switch to other titles for me.. thought about phonix wright.. but didn't..... anyone know if either princess peach DS or other 'must have' DS game are available in the system? the store was quite busy and didn't wanna bother the manager to look them up. Thanx..

[quote name='racthamp']GR still doesn't have Viewtiful Joe DS for me.. seem like they got at least one in but sell it out to someone else.. first.. the manager is quite cool and said he'd switch to other titles for me.. thought about phonix wright.. but didn't..... anyone know if either princess peach DS or other 'must have' DS game are available in the system? the store was quite busy and didn't wanna bother the manager to look them up. Thanx..[/QUOTE]

I switched my VJ DS to Phantasy Star Universe for PS2. Doesn't look like they will ever get VJ. Now I'm wondering when/if they will get PopoloCrois for PSP.

Super Princess Peach is in the system - I reported that a few weeks ago. It was the last preorder I did with the $29.99 deal.

I went to get the "GBA SP new Brighter Screen version ($79.99), Free GBA game with purchase (up to $35)."

I had their AD in hand and they REFUSED to honor their ad even after arguing. At first he said it was only a used game and then came back and said it was only a free game if it was bundled in like Mario Party is with the GC and Mario KArt is with the DS. I told him it was bullshit and I am going to contact Blockbuster.

[quote name='kapkorn']I went to get the "GBA SP new Brighter Screen version ($79.99), Free GBA game with purchase (up to $35)."

I had their AD in hand and they REFUSED to honor their ad even after arguing. At first he said it was only a used game and then came back and said it was only a free game if it was bundled in like Mario Party is with the GC and Mario KArt is with the DS. I told him it was bullshit and I am going to contact Blockbuster.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that dude was WAY fucking off wasn't he! That's funny, in that "wow, what an idiot" kind of way :)

[quote name='billyknoxville']The Gamerushes in my area finally got another wave of Xbox360s. When I say wave, I mean one X360 at one store, and 2 at the other.[/QUOTE]

Will they let you preorder? Mine wouldn't since they said it's already been released. :(

So did TS: FP for Cube drop in price? I only saw one person report on it, hopefully one of the GR "regulars" can confirm it.

Traded in two games today and got PoP: The Two Thrones (Xbox) for $16 and change with the $10 off deal.

The two games I traded in were:

MotoGP 3 (Xbox) - $19
Burnout 3: Takedown (Xbox) - $7

first you have to find one...

[quote name='Bezerker']Hmm, so you can buy a used 360 at Rhino for $220 and then trade it into GR and make a $160 profit, not bad.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back