GameRush Thread #8 No Current Deals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

There are no sales at this time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reported Trade-In Prices

All recent trade-in prices will be listed here along with the date they were reported. Trade-in prices are usually universal at both Blockbuster and Gamerush, but there are some that differ per region. Trade-in prices generally change on Tuesdays.

:ds:

$10
Polarium 1/8/06
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory 1/15/06

$4.50
Sprung 1/8/06

:gba:

$10
Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn Of The Souls 1/23/06

$2
Cartoon Network Block Party 1/15/06

:gc:

$30
Mario Strikers 1/5/06

$27
Fight Night Round 2 1/5/06

$24
Geist 1/25/06

$1.25
Metroid Prime 1/9/06

:ps2:

$30
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 Collector's Edition 1/21/06

$28
Need For Speed: Most Wanted 1/23/06

$27
Delta Force: Black Hawk Down (differs by region)1/16/06
Dynasty Warriors 5 1/7/06
God Of War 1/25/06
Romance Of The Three Kingdoms X 1/12/06 (Possibly dropped to $10)

$24
Disgaea 1/19/06
Echo Night 1/25/06
Kuon 1/25/06

$22
Killzone (differs by region) 1/8/06

$21
Psychonauts 1/22/06 (Down from $24)

$19
Ghost In The Shell 1/25/06
Haunting Ground 1/11/06
King Of Fighters Maximum Impact 1/16/06
Nightmare Of Druaga 1/16/06
Samurai Western 1/22/06
Winning Eleven 8 12/31/05
World Tour Soccer 2006 1/19/06

$13.50
Metal Slug 4 & 5 1/5/06
NASCAR 2005: Chase For The Cup 1/19/06

$12
Killer 7 1/9/06
Romance Of The Three Kingdoms IX 1/9/06

$10
Alien Homind 1/23/06
Delta Force: Black Hawk Down (differs by region) 1/1/06
Killzone (differs by region) 1/9/06
Romance Of The Three Kingdoms X 1/16/06 (Possibly dropped from $27)

$7
Killzone (differs by region) 1/11/06
Madden 2005 1/19/06
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 1/19/06
The Sims: Bustin' Out 1/19/06
SpongeBob SquarePants: Bikini Bottom 1/19/06

$6
Burnout 2 1/19/06
Powerdrome 1/16/06

$5.50
Dead Or Alive 2: Hardcore 1/21/06

$5
Siren 1/24/06

$4.25
Fallout: Brotherhood Of Steel 1/25/06

$1.50
Duel Masters 1/2/06

:psp:

:xbox:

$28
Need For Speed: Most Wanted

$27
Flatout 1/16/06
Half-Life 2 1/3/06

$24
GunGriffon: Allied Strike 1/24/06

$19
Burnout Revenge 1/2/06
Galleon 1/20/06
Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction 1/19/06
King Of Fighters Maximum Impact: Maniax 1/12/06
Charlie & The Chocolate Factory 1/5/06

$16
Winning Eleven 8 1/9/06
Wrestlemania 21 1/20/06

$15
King Kong, Peter Jackson's 1/9/06

$12
FIFA Street 1/23/06
PowerDrome Racing 1/12/06

$10
X-Men Legends II: Rise Of Apocalypse 1/2/06

$9.50
Monster Garage 1/19/06
Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic II 1/19/06

$7
American Chopper 1/19/06
Kung Fu Chaos 1/15/06
Prince Of Persia: Warrior Within 1/9/06
Silent Hill 4 1/9/06
Sonic Mega Collection Plus 1/19/06
Spider-Man 2 1/19/06
X-Men Legends 1/9/06

$6
Prince Of Persia: Sands Of Time 1/9/06
Project Gotham Racing 2 1/9/06

$4.25
Red Dead Revolver 1/19/06

:360:

$35
Amped 3 1/21/06
Call Of Duty 2 1/24/06

$28.50
Kameo 1/7/06
Perfect Dark Zero 1/24/06

$28
Madden 06 1/21/06
Need For Speed: Most Wanted 1/23/06

$9
Headset 1/8/06

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

$21.99 for 1 Game

http://www.gamerush.com/rules_gamepass.php click this link to find out about gamepass at Gamerush.

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions. Website updates happen but most deals are in effect way before they are updated on gamerush.com so check in the thread for the newest deals.

http://www.gamerush.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to previous Gamerush Threads: 2 3 4 5 6 7

Hoping to see that Haunting Ground is still holding up at $19 tomorrow. I still haven't unloaded my copy from over a week ago. I guess it is my fault if it drops tomorrow, but I'll still be angry.
:bomb:

okay.. now this suck.. i didn't go to TRU until tonight kinda far away.. but though oh what the heck let's check it out.. and grab two copies of Romance of Three kingdom IX and Killzone but it turn out that it fetch only $12 ... and asked for killzone trade in price only get $7.. so i'll just return the rest to TRU i guess... after spending time driving around.. I only get $12 for the game..and still has to return the rest latter :( oh well.. I saw the copy of Kuon that I trade in on sale for $39.99 at the store though :)

[quote name='racthamp']okay.. now this suck.. i didn't go to TRU until tonight kinda far away.. but though oh what the heck let's check it out.. and grab two copies of Romance of Three kingdom IX and Killzone but it turn out that it fetch only $12 ... and asked for killzone trade in price only get $7.. so i'll just return the rest to TRU i guess... after spending time driving around.. I only get $12 for the game..[/QUOTE]

I posted a warning yesterday about Killzone - I would have stayed clear of that one. Unlike all those other TRU games it is a recent GH addition - and they always lower those sooner or later. And Romance X is the $27 one...

[quote name='io']I posted a warning yesterday about Killzone - I would have stayed clear of that one. Unlike all those other TRU games it is a recent GH addition - and they always lower those sooner or later. And Romance X is the $27 one...[/QUOTE]

haha.. thanx io i wasn't paying attention all these time... didn't have time to go to TRU for awhile.. kinda far.. but last night want to get rid of the itch and went.. oh well.. hopefully there will be other trade in coming up, want to build credit for the rev later on :)

[quote name='racthamp']haha.. thanx io i wasn't paying attention all these time... didn't have time to go to TRU for awhile.. kinda far.. but last night want to get rid of the itch and went.. oh well.. hopefully there will be other trade in coming up, want to build credit for the rev later on :)[/QUOTE]
I just like that now there are three different trade values for Killzone (I got $10, the other posted values are $22 and $7). I might just take it over to GameRush tonight and see if it's different there (since I was at a regular Blockbuster). Would be nice if I could get $22 instead of bothering with a return at TRU.

Try calling first, save the gas, lol. Its obviously a regional thing, and a computer error, as they pay $22 for it, then turn around and sell it for $12.72.

[quote name='Bezerker']Try calling first, save the gas, lol. Its obviously a regional thing, and a computer error, as they pay $22 for it, then turn around and sell it for $12.72.[/QUOTE]
Oh, I know. I'm making a trip out there anyway, hence no call is necessary. Gotta preorder Chibi Robo, and will check on Odama.

[quote name='Nemesis35']two new games added to xbox 360 list Halo 3 and Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII[/QUOTE]
i think the one that fetch $20 something is Killzone 2, did that come out at all? my GR ask 1 or 2 when i inquired about the killzone trade in price

Sweet....glad to see HALO3 in the GR system. Still pissed no Dead Rising also...that is just weird. Halo3 is not due out for a while, while Dead Rising seems to be a bit sooner.

Thanks to who ever posted about Kuon was able to take ten bucks in Gamestop Bucks and trade it in to BB and got $24.

Now, I can rent some movies that I have wanted to see for a while and don't have to pay any cash.

Thanks for the info on Halo 3.

I am hoping that we get some clarification about the rumors of there being a new deal starting.

[quote name='jkircos']Any GR get Megaman X Collection in yet? Mine was totally clueless about the game, even though I have a copy pre-ordered.[/QUOTE]

Gamrush is like that. They took a month to get my Perfect Dark Zero.

[quote name='MightySlacker']Wonder what the odds are on them getting WA4 and/or MMXC. Gotta be pretty low on Wild Arms, but MMXC might get there somehow

Dave[/QUOTE]

According to the Gamerush website, they're getting both games in. Those are the only games displayed in the new titles section, so I guess it's a no go on the Castlevania 2 Pack.

Uh oh... more Kuons have been traded in around me, they're trying to feed my habit. Guess I'll be trading one in at my Blockbuster, then getting over to GR to trade in the one I get next door.

Anyone know when the $5 gift card offer ends?

[quote name='Bezerker']Hmm, am i able to buy gift cards with gift cards?[/QUOTE]
Generally, no. You're not even supposed to get the bonus $5 gift cards when using your credit, according to the rules.

[quote name='MightySlacker']Wonder what the odds are on them getting WA4 and/or MMXC. Gotta be pretty low on Wild Arms, but MMXC might get there somehow

Dave[/QUOTE]

I can tell you they are at least getting WA4 in. I've had it preordered there for some time and never expected for them to get it in but when I went in a few days ago and asked them to see if the computer showed them ordering any they said they ordered 4(the 3 preorders put down by me and my friends) and 1 rental copy. In the past if they didn't get the game in it shows that they never even ordered it even though people have it preordered. And after the games release date the computer shows that they had the preorder copies in(which they didn't) but sold them.

Another Tuesday passes, these prices are still good....

Delta Force Blackhawk Down PS2 - $27
Galleon XB - $19
Flatout XB - $27

I can now confirm that blockbuster got in Wild Arms 4 and Mega Man X Collection. I picked up my WA4 preorder today and saw MMXC sitting by all the other new games they got in.

Haunting Ground still gets $19 as of today. Also, at my GR they have a little sign by the used games saying ANY 2 $9.99 games for $15. Decent deal, thought I'd mention it. I'm glad HG still gets $19 because I've held onto it for about a week and a half. :D

[quote name='aoLat']Also, at my GR they have a little sign by the used games saying ANY 2 $9.99 games for $15.[/QUOTE]
Twenty-five percent off a $9.99 game is $7.50. Double that for $15. ;)

They are just stating the 25% off sale a different way.

[quote name='kojubat']Twenty-five percent off a $9.99 game is $7.50. Double that for $15. ;)

They are just stating the 25% off sale a different way.[/QUOTE]

Y'know something.....you're RIGHT. :rofl:

It appears 50 Cent is getting $27....I know Media Play has it for $25, so you can break even if you hate it.

I think I may finally switch my last 2 XBOX pre-orders to 360 games....Halo3(assuming GameRush stays around that long) and Burnout.

I really wanted Dead Rising, but still not in the system

Kuon keeps going and going at $24... this is better than D2R2, I love it. Cheaper (by a dollar), already GameRush quality (as its used) and gets just as much. I'll trade in a fourth whenever I get to GameRush.

For anyone who's traded it in, have yours still had the top sticker seal on it? Each of the three copies I've traded in, bought from three GameStops, have had the top sticker on still, its very strange. Who leaves that on?

I was going to get my free gift cards, but the guy working was new or just slow, so I passed till next time. He was awfully impressed that my not new game got $24, he traded in stuff for $3. I can only imagine what you have to trade in for $3. Max Payne 2 x2?

[quote name='doubledown']MY one KUON had the top sticker still on. I haven't been able to find any more good VALUE games to trade in though :([/QUOTE]

Mine had the sticker too so I think this is because Gamestop may have had some new copies of the game that didn't sale so they just went ahead and labeled it used just to get rid of it. They do this when a game is discontinued.

What i think is wierd is that EBgames sells Kuon for $49.99 new. Not many games from 2004 that are still listed as $49.99, let alone ones you can get for $9.99 used at a store owned by the same company.

Trade in values from yesterday:

KOF:MI (PS2) - $19
Fifa Street (XB) - $19
Killzone (PS2) - $7

I picked them all up at a closing TRU store, so I was willing to experiment with Killzone and risk losing $2 on that one.

Kuon is actually a pretty good game (I played a couple of hours last night) but this baby is going to GR for trade today. I might pick it in a few months when its selling for $4.99 in the Game Rush bargain bin.

Anyone know how much Xbox Robocop is going for?

[quote name='Roufuss']Lots of Kuon's around here, but nothing I want to get at Gamerush anyways... oh well.[/QUOTE]

yeah there's still alot of them out there. I noticed yesterday that all the Gamestops in my area got restocked with Kuon and there's "more on the way".... awesome.

[quote name='ManChowder']yeah there's still alot of them out there. I noticed yesterday that all the Gamestops in my area got restocked with Kuon and there's "more on the way".... awesome.[/QUOTE]

Too bad new releases have slowed to a crawl, and there isn't really anything coming out that is worth the hassle of going to GS, then going to GR, and hoping they have something new in stock, since I'll never preorder with them again.

It's so tempting too because it's so easy, but I don't want to be stuck with credit I'll never use =/

[quote name='ManChowder']yeah there's still alot of them out there. I noticed yesterday that all the Gamestops in my area got restocked with Kuon and there's "more on the way".... awesome.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm - last week there wasn't a single Kuon at the several GS near me, nor any on the way. Now it appears to have changed, and the one closest to my house has some. Too bad I'm 2000 miles from there now :D.

I think someone asked about games from the CC sale. I have no idea what it trades for, but I picked up a Kung-Fu Chaos for Xbox for $4 today. For a while that was a good one from TRU. I might take it tomorrow to a local BB (in MD) that I set up a trading account at (for TRU fodder from their Buy 2 Get 1 free sale) a few months back. I might snag me a Kuon on the way as well - there seems to be plenty of them around here.

And Roufuss, surely there will be *something* you can use the credit on - even if it means buying Xbox360 (or PS3) games at full $60 retail, it is a good deal to use GR credit obtained via games like Kuon. I just wish they would be more consistent with the DS releases - that's probably the system I'll be buying the most games for over the next few months, and I'd definitely by them with my credit if they'd get them in!

At the moment it looks like GR credit equals about .35 per dollar. Give or take, but worst case its less than .50 per dollar. Paying 39.99 for new games using credit seems like a good deal (until new deals come around) because you can get a new game for about $20 cash. True cheapasses (myself included) still think that its too much to pay for games... but for now, thats how you feed the habit. Of course not buying anything at all and just racking up credit using these games (kuon, DF BHD, et al) is better than playing mediocre games. Anyone agree with me on this one.

[quote name='nakanenui']At the moment it looks like GR credit equals about .35 per dollar. Give or take, but worst case its less than .50 per dollar. Paying 39.99 for new games using credit seems like a good deal (until new deals come around) because you can get a new game for about $20 cash. True cheapasses (myself included) still think that its too much to pay for games... but for now, thats how you feed the habit. Of course not buying anything at all and just racking up credit using these games (kuon, DF BHD, et al) is better than playing mediocre games. Anyone agree with me on this one.[/QUOTE]
You're better off spending the credit. I'm paying about 40 cents on the dollar right now with credit, making a new game around $17. It's even better when dealing with DS and GBA games, since they usually retail around 29.99 (~$12 cash). So I will be preordering the games that I'd really like to get (predominantly handhelds if they will get them in at all since they generally don't have price drops as much) and attempting to be patient for sales and price drops with others. Luckily for me the Cube is just about dead, so there aren't as many games that I need to get :p

If you hold onto the credit, who knows what will happen to it. If BB goes bankrupt, they won't fold, but they might close up GameRush. Then you can spend your credit on... movie rentals. And judging by the fact that my Blockbuster in a heavily trafficked area is now pretty empty on Friday nights, bankruptcy might be soon. I'd like to be optimistic about getting credit for a Rev, but... I can't.

What are the odds that PS3 launches/XBOX 360 price drop before GR closes. Once GR announces a closure that credit will be nice for clearance stuff.

[quote name='nakanenui']Of course not buying anything at all and just racking up credit using these games (kuon, DF BHD, et al) is better than playing mediocre games. Anyone agree with me on this one.[/QUOTE]

I agree, though I'm not doing as good as you (.35) with the credit. I'm more around .45 and tend to round that to .50 when considering how much I'm actually paying for something. So I'm not too inclined to get games even at $40 if I think I won't play them for a while - since they will be $20 cash later anyway. Plus, I pretty much preordered everything anyway :D. THAT was a good deal ($15 or less each).

So, I've been storing up the credit. Like Botticus says, though, who knows how long this will go on. GR will be around for at least a few more months, anyway, and if need be I can use my credit on their going out of business clearance sale :D. I would hope, like most here, though, that GR figures out how to stay intact (while still having good deals and trade-in prices!) for a long while. I know that the GR near me sells alot of used games - in fact, the games are getting pretty sparse due to the lack of a good trade-in deal. But I assume this means the stock is getting sold - and that's good anyway.

[quote name='io']I agree, though I'm not doing as good as you (.35) with the credit. I'm more around .45 and tend to round that to .50 when considering how much I'm actually paying for something. So I'm not too inclined to get games even at $40 if I think I won't play them for a while - since they will be $20 cash later anyway. Plus, I pretty much preordered everything anyway :D. THAT was a good deal ($15 or less each).
[/QUOTE]
I still have Zelda preordered for a cash total of around $11 ;) Again why I'm happy there's not much GC stuff coming out. I only have Chibi Robo and Odama on my horizon for that system, which I will pay $20 cash for - not the types of games up for sale often. And with the portables, you really can't beat $10-$15 unless you're holding out hope for a clearance in a year or two, or used cart-only.

Unfortunately for my GR, I actually recognize a lot of the used games as ones I've traded in :p The best is at my Blockbuster where I traded in Lunar DS. They didn't even know what a DS game was, and now there on the shelf it sits, priced at 34.99.

[quote name='takingchase']I can now confirm that blockbuster got in Wild Arms 4 and Mega Man X Collection. I picked up my WA4 preorder today and saw MMXC sitting by all the other new games they got in.[/QUOTE]
Did you play any of it yet? I was thinking about picking it up but am leary of the battle system.

The GS near me finally got in a Kuon. Haven't been to GR in a bit but this is just what I needed.

Well, I traded in another KUON today...still $24. It was my 2nd one...that's it for me, only two max. I also switched some XBOX pre-orders to 360 for $10 more. Halo3 and Burnout are now mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back