GameRush Thread #8 No Current Deals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

There are no sales at this time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reported Trade-In Prices

All recent trade-in prices will be listed here along with the date they were reported. Trade-in prices are usually universal at both Blockbuster and Gamerush, but there are some that differ per region. Trade-in prices generally change on Tuesdays.

:ds:

$10
Polarium 1/8/06
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory 1/15/06

$4.50
Sprung 1/8/06

:gba:

$10
Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn Of The Souls 1/23/06

$2
Cartoon Network Block Party 1/15/06

:gc:

$30
Mario Strikers 1/5/06

$27
Fight Night Round 2 1/5/06

$24
Geist 1/25/06

$1.25
Metroid Prime 1/9/06

:ps2:

$30
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 Collector's Edition 1/21/06

$28
Need For Speed: Most Wanted 1/23/06

$27
Delta Force: Black Hawk Down (differs by region)1/16/06
Dynasty Warriors 5 1/7/06
God Of War 1/25/06
Romance Of The Three Kingdoms X 1/12/06 (Possibly dropped to $10)

$24
Disgaea 1/19/06
Echo Night 1/25/06
Kuon 1/25/06

$22
Killzone (differs by region) 1/8/06

$21
Psychonauts 1/22/06 (Down from $24)

$19
Ghost In The Shell 1/25/06
Haunting Ground 1/11/06
King Of Fighters Maximum Impact 1/16/06
Nightmare Of Druaga 1/16/06
Samurai Western 1/22/06
Winning Eleven 8 12/31/05
World Tour Soccer 2006 1/19/06

$13.50
Metal Slug 4 & 5 1/5/06
NASCAR 2005: Chase For The Cup 1/19/06

$12
Killer 7 1/9/06
Romance Of The Three Kingdoms IX 1/9/06

$10
Alien Homind 1/23/06
Delta Force: Black Hawk Down (differs by region) 1/1/06
Killzone (differs by region) 1/9/06
Romance Of The Three Kingdoms X 1/16/06 (Possibly dropped from $27)

$7
Killzone (differs by region) 1/11/06
Madden 2005 1/19/06
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 1/19/06
The Sims: Bustin' Out 1/19/06
SpongeBob SquarePants: Bikini Bottom 1/19/06

$6
Burnout 2 1/19/06
Powerdrome 1/16/06

$5.50
Dead Or Alive 2: Hardcore 1/21/06

$5
Siren 1/24/06

$4.25
Fallout: Brotherhood Of Steel 1/25/06

$1.50
Duel Masters 1/2/06

:psp:

:xbox:

$28
Need For Speed: Most Wanted

$27
Flatout 1/16/06
Half-Life 2 1/3/06

$24
GunGriffon: Allied Strike 1/24/06

$19
Burnout Revenge 1/2/06
Galleon 1/20/06
Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction 1/19/06
King Of Fighters Maximum Impact: Maniax 1/12/06
Charlie & The Chocolate Factory 1/5/06

$16
Winning Eleven 8 1/9/06
Wrestlemania 21 1/20/06

$15
King Kong, Peter Jackson's 1/9/06

$12
FIFA Street 1/23/06
PowerDrome Racing 1/12/06

$10
X-Men Legends II: Rise Of Apocalypse 1/2/06

$9.50
Monster Garage 1/19/06
Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic II 1/19/06

$7
American Chopper 1/19/06
Kung Fu Chaos 1/15/06
Prince Of Persia: Warrior Within 1/9/06
Silent Hill 4 1/9/06
Sonic Mega Collection Plus 1/19/06
Spider-Man 2 1/19/06
X-Men Legends 1/9/06

$6
Prince Of Persia: Sands Of Time 1/9/06
Project Gotham Racing 2 1/9/06

$4.25
Red Dead Revolver 1/19/06

:360:

$35
Amped 3 1/21/06
Call Of Duty 2 1/24/06

$28.50
Kameo 1/7/06
Perfect Dark Zero 1/24/06

$28
Madden 06 1/21/06
Need For Speed: Most Wanted 1/23/06

$9
Headset 1/8/06

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

$21.99 for 1 Game

http://www.gamerush.com/rules_gamepass.php click this link to find out about gamepass at Gamerush.

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions. Website updates happen but most deals are in effect way before they are updated on gamerush.com so check in the thread for the newest deals.

http://www.gamerush.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to previous Gamerush Threads: 2 3 4 5 6 7

[quote name='botticus']

Unfortunately for my GR, I actually recognize a lot of the used games as ones I've traded in :p The best is at my Blockbuster where I traded in Lunar DS. They didn't even know what a DS game was, and now there on the shelf it sits, priced at 34.99.[/QUOTE]

I actually brought Lunar with me on this trip to play (I'm about halfway through).

Don't feel bad - the local BB still has my copy of Ping Pals that I got from ebgames.com for $2.99 :D. They too, didn't know what it was, but since it scanned and gave them a trade-in price they took it. But they have sold a few of the GBA games I gave them back during the $5 bonus deal.

Overheard a GR employee say that the 25% off PO deal ends on Jan. 16th. Has anyone heard what kind of deal might be replacing it?

As of Today 1/12/2006:

Galleon Xbox - $19.00
PowerDrome Racing Xbox - $12.00
Nightmare of Druaga PS2 - $19.00
King of Fighters: MI Collect Edtion PS2 - $19.00
Romance of the 3 Kingdoms X PS2 - $27.00
King of Fighters: MI Xbox - $19.00

I was wondering how many of the same game they'll allow before you get "The Letter".

I think ive traded in around 6 Kuon's over the period of 12/25-1/8. 4 Gamestop's by me have restocked Kuon, and im wondering if i did trade in another 4 copies within the next week, i'd get flagged for the letter. Anyone know?

Also, do you need to sign up for a "trading" account(aka fill out and sign all those forms) at each individual Gamerush? Or will my membership card for one be good for all the Gamerushes?

[quote name='Bezerker']I was wondering how many of the same game they'll allow before you get "The Letter".

I think ive traded in around 6 Kuon's over the period of 12/25-1/8. 4 Gamestop's by me have restocked Kuon, and im wondering if i did trade in another 4 copies within the next week, i'd get flagged for the letter. Anyone know?

Also, do you need to sign up for a "trading" account(aka fill out and sign all those forms) at each individual Gamerush? Or will my membership card for one be good for all the Gamerushes?[/QUOTE]

You have to sign a trade agreement with each different BB or Gamerush you go to.

6 copies...sheesh. I think they link your accounts, so if you trade in at STORE X, STORE Y can see what you traded...correct?'

I wouldn't push your luck though. I traded in 2 copies....never did more than that. It's tempting though for a $14 profit. Now, if I could find some other games....

I think I still have $127 in credit with 8 360 games pre-ordered

I may pre-order a PS3 when available.....I'm sure I can always sell it during launch if I don't want it. Any news on when they will start taking preorders?

Got Half Life 2 (Xbox) for $17 and $7 credit at GR thanks to the TRU sale/closing. Went to the store in Indy to see if they had any 360 Marketplace points cards and decided to browse the software. There was nothing left, minus about 100 copies of Killzone.

However, while browsing, I happened to look behind some copies of Xenosaga II and Soul Calibur II, and saw that someone had hidden a copy of Haunting Ground and a copy of Romance of the Three Kingdoms X. I snatched 'em up, ran over to Game rush and got a brand new copy of Half Life 2 and $7 left over in credit!

[quote name='cdeener']You have to sign a trade agreement with each different BB or Gamerush you go to.[/QUOTE]

K, thx...

[quote name='doubledown']6 copies...sheesh. I think they link your accounts, so if you trade in at STORE X, STORE Y can see what you traded...correct?'[/Quote]

I hope not, i was kinda hoping that they wouldnt count, but i guess it'd be the same acct number, so its probably all the same to the "GR powers that be" that keep track of who gets a letter.

So are they able to see EVERY game you've ever traded in? I hope not, cuz that'd make the stories ive been telling as to why i have more than 1 copy of a game seem really suspicious.

[quote name='Bezerker']K, thx...

I hope not, i was kinda hoping that they wouldnt count, but i guess it'd be the same acct number, so its probably all the same to the "GR powers that be" that keep track of who gets a letter.

So are they able to see EVERY game you've ever traded in? I hope not, cuz that'd make the stories ive been telling as to why i have more than 1 copy of a game seem really suspicious.[/QUOTE]
The stores can't see what you've traded at other stores, but if the district manager decides to check things out, everything would be available to him. I traded in some 4 or 5 copies of D2R2 a few months ago and nothing happened, so I'm not too worried. I've only traded in 3 copies of Kuon at the moment, plan on trading in one more, then that'll probably be it.

[quote name='botticus']The stores can't see what you've traded at other stores, but if the district manager decides to check things out, everything would be available to him. I traded in some 4 or 5 copies of D2R2 a few months ago and nothing happened, so I'm not too worried. I've only traded in 3 copies of Kuon at the moment, plan on trading in one more, then that'll probably be it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the way this has gone down before, according to Dr Frielgood, is in one of two ways:

1) A careless trader (won't name names, but some used to post here) got VERY greedy and the local BB/GR employees cared enough to bring it to the District Manager for attention. This tended to happen with abuse of the $5 PO game deal last summer. We've had other people who have had store managers that simply didn't like them and gave them trouble at particular stores (and one even got a district ban). They didn't particularly abuse any deals, but just had bad luck and/or personality conflicts with certain employees.

2) In Dr Frielgood's district (have no idea how big districts are but he was in Detroit) the DM did a review of all trade accounts which had more than $10,000 in trade-in value obtained (whether on account or card or whatever - doesn't matter). Seems they may have banned anyone over that limit.

So, basically, as long as you aren't too obvious about it (and that is why it is good to go to different stores even if the DM can see all your trades together) and don't go over the $10,000 limit, you should be OK. But then again, that $10,000 limit was some arbitrary numer set by that one DM for that one review. They could decide on any limit I suppose. Though, like all of these things, it would be nice to make it part of the trade agreement if some sort of limit is going to be enforced. $10,000 is SO high, though, they figured it was only people trying to make serious money off of them, as opposed to most of us who simply try to fund our gaming habits via exploiting their deals :D.

Let's not forget, though, that the only hard and fast rule about trade-ins is that you are only allowed 2 of a title PER DAY (and isn't there like a 10 or 20 total trade/day limit - I don't have the agreement with me). Any rule they choose to enforce beyond that falls under the vaguer parts of the trade agreement.

Holy crap, some ppl earned 10k???

I'd be happy to end up with 1k, lol. Well right now after some spendings im down to $350. But if i can nab & sell the (at least) 4 copies at the 4 GS's near me, ill have at least another $96.

[quote name='Bezerker']Holy crap, some ppl earned 10k???

I'd be happy to end up with 1k, lol. Well right now after some spendings im down to $350. But if i can nab & sell the (at least) 4 copies at the 4 GS's near me, ill have at least another $96.[/QUOTE]

It is your total trade credit earned over the history of your account, regardless of what you are currently holding. Regardless, I doubt you'll come up in a search any time soon - now trade in 100 more copies of Kuon and you could be on to something :D.

I imagine that most of those people over $10,000 didn't get it from straight game trading. They were doing TRUE flipping - using the trade 3 get a used for $5, and then trading that back in (some even to the same store), rinse, repeat... After all, if it was $10,000 in games traded in then at least GR has all that stock to sell (about $20,000 - $30,000 worth at their sale prices, though granted they would never sell them all above the trade-in price they paid). The people who flipped games back and forth took credit without giving anything of value.

[quote name='bmulligan']Has anybody traded in Geist lately? is it still getting $19[/QUOTE]

no, it is getting around like $4 now from what I heard

I just did these trade ins at GR today:
Powerdrome PS2 - $6
powerdrome XB - $12

price quoted at GR:
Devil may cry 4.25
COD: finest hour PS2 4.25
Riddick 6.00

But before I did that I decided to check BB a few miles down the street. Who my friend told me had some good GBA games for sale. While I was there I asked to check the price of the games. The first 3 games were the same, but the lady had quoted me:
Riddick $7, COD $6 . Maybe I should check how much bestbuy would give me for these games before I trade them in.

With trading Geist, GR will give you $4, but if you go there, they have that best price guarantee, and gamestop/eb games is offering $12....

Have them call and they'll give you $12 for it plus 10%.....

[quote name='train789']With trading Geist, GR will give you $4, but if you go there, they have that best price guarantee, and gamestop/eb games is offering $12....

Have them call and they'll give you $12 for it plus 10%.....[/QUOTE]

That is an interesting point since I tried to match the trade-in price for Robocop (Xbox) at Best Buy and the manager told me that the sign, No One Beats Our Buy Back Prices. Guranteed., "was just a ploy to get people to trade with them". Yes, those were the manager's exact words.

I asked to see what their printed guidelines were and the manager did not know what or where they were. He stated, "That statement can mean anything."

I do not intend to pursue it any further. I justed wanted to see if BB would honor their advertisement or make-up some lame excuse. Now I know.

The thing is that I provided a print-out copy of a previous trade with with Best Buy that showed the trade-in price of $30 (the same day).

Background info: I picked up 2 copies of Robocop for $9.98 at the TRU sale two days ago. I planned to trade one and play the other copy.

[quote name='menchirox']Does anyone know if Gamerush will be getting Mega Man X Collection?[/QUOTE]

Some stores got it, some did not. I checked with my local store yesterday and the Assistant Manager checked the computer and told me that they weren't due to recieved MMXC or Wild Arms 4, he told me that they "weren't on order."

[quote name='eraser813']Hey Unforseen, so Robocop is worth $30 at Best Buy? If so...yahooooooo![/QUOTE]

According to the Best Buy trade-in thread at Request a Video Game Deal forum, yah it's worth $30 to Best Buy. So is Death by Degrees, and Darkwatch, and Zelda Four Swords, and a bunch of other average games. Look here near the bottom of that page for a list of updated prices for trade-ins at Best Buy.

[quote name='SOSTrooper']According to the Best Buy trade-in thread at Request a Video Game Deal forum, yah it's worth $30 to Best Buy. So is Death by Degrees, and Darkwatch, and Zelda Four Swords, and a bunch of other average games. Look here near the bottom of that page for a list of updated prices for trade-ins at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Thanks SOS for the backup.

[quote name='eraser813']Hey Unforseen, so Robocop is worth $30 at Best Buy? If so...yahooooooo![/QUOTE]

Am I understanding correctly that Best Buy is now taking used game trade ins?

Thanks,

vgc

[quote name='vgc']Am I understanding correctly that Best Buy is now taking used game trade ins?

Thanks,

vgc[/QUOTE]

I believe it is being tested at a few locations in the country.

[quote name='doubledown']6 copies...sheesh. I think they link your accounts, so if you trade in at STORE X, STORE Y can see what you traded...correct?'

I wouldn't push your luck though. I traded in 2 copies....never did more than that. It's tempting though for a $14 profit. Now, if I could find some other games....

I think I still have $127 in credit with 8 360 games pre-ordered

I may pre-order a PS3 when available.....I'm sure I can always sell it during launch if I don't want it. Any news on when they will start taking preorders?[/QUOTE]

that is totally correct. my friend traded 2 copies of kuon at a time one day at a gamerush, he then bought another copy to the regular bb the next day and tried to trade. his account was already flagged and it saids on his account that hes not allow to trade any more kuons life time. limit 2 copies of the same title ever... i know it's kind of strange but i guess gamerush employees have the power to do watever they want. Also for the question about 25% off ends at jan 16, it's ending at jan 16 at the store i am around.

P.S. If you are lucky, game rush has gitaroo man for 16.99, after 25% off its 14.xx.

[quote name='Indiana']I believe it is being tested at a few locations in the country.[/QUOTE]

i wish every bestbuy would do that, even tho we are only getting store credit... theres virtually unlimited things i want from there! we can like build up enough credit to get a plasma tv thats worth 2000 bux with the original game spending of 500 bucks... LOL!

Traded Kuon x 2 and Echo Night for $72 total, got Wild Arms 4 and Mega Man X collection for another 2 bucks out of pocket. I was surprised when Echo Night got $24 - I thought it was $19

Dave

[quote name='MightySlacker']Traded Kuon x 2 and Echo Night for $72 total, got Wild Arms 4 and Mega Man X collection for another 2 bucks out of pocket. I was surprised when Echo Night got $24 - I thought it was $19

Dave[/QUOTE]
Are you joking? That's in stock at all my GameStops too, for the same price as Kuon :p Time to diversify!

I predict two Echo Nights being traded at Blockbuster, and one at GR with another Kuon. A nice and easy $30->$72.

[quote name='Bezerker']Echo Night as in the PSX version? Or Echo Night: Beyond for PS2???[/QUOTE]
For $24, I would hope it's the PS2 version. If they're giving $24 for a PSX game, God help them ;)

[quote name='botticus']For $24, I would hope it's the PS2 version. If they're giving $24 for a PSX game, God help them ;)[/QUOTE]

lol... theres like 1-3 copies for that game around me in every gamestop... within 10 miles.. lol. lmao lamo.

[quote name='sweet_gorgor']lol... theres like 1-3 copies for that game around me in every gamestop... within 10 miles.. lol. lmao lamo.[/QUOTE]
Ditto, but 8 copies is too many. I'll stick with the three I normally visit, unless something takes me near one of the others.

[quote name='botticus']Ditto, but 8 copies is too many. I'll stick with the three I normally visit, unless something takes me near one of the others.[/QUOTE]

I think I'll stay well clear of Echo Night Beyond. Weren't we buying that several months ago at EB for $10 (new!) and getting $30 for it at GR? There's been so many games I forget the exact details (and don't have my trade slips handy to check) - I know I traded a few in though :D.

[quote name='io']I think I'll stay well clear of Echo Night Beyond. Weren't we buying that several months ago at EB for $10 (new!) and getting $30 for it at GR? There's been so many games I forget the exact details (and don't have my trade slips handy to check) - I know I traded a few in though :D.[/QUOTE]
Haha, lucky(?) for me, I wasn't a GR junkie back then, so I'm good to go with this one.

Yea, i can confirm that it is the PS2 version (Echo Night Beyond) that gets $24.

I picked up 2 copies at the two closest Gamestop's to me, and one more Kuon. All of my gamestop's within 20 miles have Echo Night in stock, so i think ill have some driving to do this weekend.

Damn I wish there were games I wanted that were out now :(

Oh well, at least it gives Berzerker free reign on all the Kuons and Echo Nights :lol:

I really wish that it was possible to get a complete list of trade in values, im sure theres tons of $9.99 games under our noses that go for $24+.

my trades for the day:

DBZ Budokai 3: CE(PS2)- $30
Echo Night Beyond(PS2)- $24

I was going to grab one copy of Kuon as well but some ass cleaned out every store in my area yesterday.. oh well.

Also does anyone know how much War of the Monsters(PS2) trades for? I know where I can a get a few new copies for $9.99 a pop.

Sweet Echo Night Beyond is available at the Gamestop next to my local BB. I have some credit left at Gamestop I need to use up and this is perfect.

Anyone actually got a chance to play Kuon or Echo Night Beyond? I was about to trade these 2 into GameRush but I sat in my car for 5 mins reading and looking at screenshots of these games. I thought they look and sound kinda interesting, especially Kuon, since it reminds me of Fatal Frame. I got $48 off of them nonetheless.

[quote name='SOSTrooper']Anyone actually got a chance to play Kuon or Echo Night Beyond? I was about to trade these 2 into GameRush but I sat in my car for 5 mins reading and looking at screenshots of these games. I thought they look and sound kinda interesting, especially Kuon, since it reminds me of Fatal Frame. I got $48 off of them nonetheless.[/QUOTE]

haha. that was funny...:) i read your message then thinking you may not trade them in..but a twist at the end hehe :)

Thank you Unforseen and SOStrooper for you info. I'm an avid trader at Best Buy and frequent the "Devil Custormer Unite" thread regularly but I've been working many hours lately and haven't been keeping up so when I saw the Robocop info I just had to smile and think, Logitech Harmony remote here I come!

Yep, went to GR, traded 2 Echo's and 1 Kuon, got a nice $72, picked up the new Shonen Jump. I was kinda dissapointed they didnt have the new 360 magazine with the Final Fantasy XI demo in it. Hopefully the Blockbuster that i have my movie/game pass at will have it (they had last months issue a few days ago)

[quote name='SOSTrooper']Anyone actually got a chance to play Kuon or Echo Night Beyond? I was about to trade these 2 into GameRush but I sat in my car for 5 mins reading and looking at screenshots of these games. I thought they look and sound kinda interesting, especially Kuon, since it reminds me of Fatal Frame. I got $48 off of them nonetheless.[/QUOTE]

I played and own a copy of both games. I liked them but I'm also a big fan of horror games in general.

Kuon has a cool setting and atmosphere(very Fatal Frame'ish), but there are some problems you have to be able to overlook to enjoy it. The view is WAAAYY too zoomed out(usually a 3/4 viewpoint) and often it feels like you are playing a new version of Gauntlet or something. It really could have benefitted from the awkward angles that horror games are known for, it's just hard to be really scared unless you feel like you're right there.
Another problem is you can't run that often or your character hits patches of invisible evil that causes your view to get totally screwed and puts you one hit away from death. Also your attacks are really sluggish and you can run into some unavoidable cheap deaths if you get surrounded by enemies.
Not a bad game at all but it left me wishing they had made a few small changes.

Echo Night was probably my favorite of the two, but it's definitely NOT for everyone. It's basically a 1st-person Horror adventure. You have no attacks, you have to solve problems/puzzles to get past the ghosts. The setting and atmosphere are great and has some genuinely scary moments when you run into a ghost.
The game can be pretty diffcult at times, I had to consult a FAQ a few times to figure out exactly what I was supposed to do next. Another problem is that the game's controls feel slow and sluggish, although this may have been intentional seeing as how you are walking around in a huge spacesuit. Lastly there is a lot of backtracking, then again it's a horror game and that kind of comes with the territory.

Like I said before I recommend both if you love horror games, but if you only play that genre casually I'd definitely pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back