Games for girlfriend/wife?

cartman58

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I guess this could basically be family games. However, since I got a PS3, the Wii has turned into my girlfriend's system for the most part. She doesn't play a whole lot, but I like to get her games for it occasionally.

We've already got Cranium Kabookie, Wario Ware: SM, and Catz 2 or whatever it is.

If this was PS3 related I wouldn't even have to ask, but since it's the Wii and there have been a ton of duds I've gotta ask: What are some games I should consider getting her for Christmas?

I'd suggest the new Animal Crossing game that's coming out (Animal Crossing: City Folk) - I played the GC version and it was great.

Do you have the Wii sports/play already (these are normally a given...). If she likes the "old school games" (like original Marios/Sonic/arcade games, etc), you could pick up some Wii points and get the games on the Marketplace. :)

Personally, I've enjoyed Mario Galaxy (you can have a second person (kind of) play! And MarioKart is a must for social gatherings!! ;) Then there's rock band/guitar hero if she likes that type of thing. And yeah, I've heard good things about Animal Crossing, but have never tried it myself. Most of my (girl) friends have enjoyed Mario Kart best out of all the games we've tried though!

Good luck! :D

My wife is currently obsessed with:

Retail - Karaoke Revolution, Wii Fit, Guitar Hero World Tour (singing)
WiiWare - Dr Mario, Tetris Party and World of Goo

In the past she was really into WarioWare (which you already mentioned), Smarty Pants, Cooking Mama Cook Off, Link's Crossbow Training, and Rayman Raving Rabbids.

I like the suggestions so far. How is Raving Rabbids? That and the Monkey Ball game have been on my "eh..maybe" just because I hear mixed reviews.

BTW, we've got Rockband for PS3. She loves to beat the living hell out of my drum set, but she's pretty good so it's allowed. Better her beating the drums around then me. :lol:

My girlfriend really enjoys Big Brain Academy, which is now 29.99. She dl'ed SMB, SMB3, and she's really enjoying Cubello.

Stemming from the dance aerobic minigame in Wii Fit, which she also enjoys overall, she's expressed interest in getting a DDR game. She also plays around in Wii Music.

Oh, she also digs all the Zapper games. Link's Crossbow more than the others.

My girlfriend likes Cooking Mama on the DS, and she's been waiting for me to get it on the Wii. Other than that, Zack and Wiki is fun for both of us, but it keeps her entertained when I'm not around.

[quote name='PR Mega X']but it keeps her entertained when I'm not around.[/quote]

;)

Boom Blox, just to stay on topic

[quote name='will530'];)

Boom Blox, just to stay on topic[/QUOTE]

You beat me to it. BB is good for single, co-op and party play.

I got my wife to play LBP last night and she loved it. My wife does not really play any games at all and has not owned a console since Super NES days. But I could not pry the controller out of her hands. Plus its something you guys can play co-op.

Puzzle Quest for the DS (yeah, I know this is the Wii section). My girlfriend is addicted to it and she doesn't play games at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
de blob- my sister loves it
also agree with boom blox
my girlfriend really liked death jr since it was co-op, fairly easy and has a kind of goofy romance

This topic keeps coming up and it always amuses me.

The fact is - there's no rhyme or reason to what girls/women like. My wife finished the first dungeon of Twilight Princess and has fond memories some Famicom version of Stinger for NES from when she was a little girl, which she called "Twin Bee." She also liked World of Goo. Also Katamari.

But nothing for more than 5 minutes

[quote name='FallMoon']Cooking Mama.[/quote]
Because all women like to cook. In fact, you might say it is in their nature. Cook, cook, cook.

Actually, this is not a bad recommendation. Because women must cook. It is woman law.

[quote name='The Crotch']Why did I read "cook" as "cock"?[/quote]
Because all women also like to cock. Especially Cocking Mama. Silly.

I also like the thread title - "girlfriend/wife". Just make sure you don't mix up their names on the tag, man, or that'll be an awkward fucking Christmas.

bread's done
Back