Games you still want to be made on the DS

Zelda
Double Dragon (NES)
All Final Fantasy's possible!!!
any 2D Metroid
Iron Tank (NES...really old...lol)
Doom
Quake

Zelda OOT, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Monkey Island 4, Fallout 1/2, Baldur's Gate 1/2, Metroid 2/3/5, another Metroid Prime, Resident Evil 2/3, 3d Tomb Raider and Ultima games. Whew. Long list but I still might think of few more.

Edit>Added Metroid 5

I STILL hope for a FFIX on the DS....but most likey it'll be on PSP
the game is like 4 discs.....kinda impossible if you ask me

and these

Tales of Eternia(Destiny 2)
Valkyrie Profile
Seiken no Densetsu: Legend of Mana
Resident Evil 2 or 3

Black and White
Hexic2
Jewel Quest 2
Puzzle Quest 2
Fire Emblem (New one)
Mario Paint
New Super Mario (Part 2 or do one in the theme of Mario 3)
Mario Party (Online Enabled)
Wii Play-ish DS game
Lumines 3
Another side scroll Metroid.

A decent RPG Maker could be cool..as would online Dodgeball....oh yea and a Mutant League Football smear the queer online game would be most excellent!

You Don't Know Jack
Monopoly Tycoon
Jagged Alliance Deadly Games
LA point & click adventure games, the Dig, DotT, Full Throttle, Grim Fandango, et cetara

Punch-Out!!
Smash Bros
Street Fighter
Hajime no Ippo The Fighting 2
Prince of Tennis 2008
Chrono Trigger remake (come on square!)
Bust a Groove 4 (come on ENIX!)
Super Robot Wars W (Damn licences... I WANT MY VOLTRON!)
Legend of Zelda (as in a remake of Zelda 1 but w/ current graphics)
New Super Mario Bros. 3
Ikaruga DS (wi-fi)

So many ways nintendo can steal more of my money. :D

I think an MMO and Smash Bros would be awesome beyond comprehension (and I would actually play the MMO despite my hatred of most RPGs)

- Mario Baseball and Strikers
- sports management games like Championship Manager
- Sensible Soccer
- a better browser
- an official PDA cart

RC

golden sun 3 would be sweet, although i don't know how they would get a new story unless they just did it in another world.

pokemon gold silver remake, my color version busted and it was one of the best games ever.

smash bros would be so sick. if they did a prequel sort of deal where its all of the characters in their 2d forms, i honestly cream thinking about that.

[quote name='TheYellowDart']golden sun 3 would be sweet, although i don't know how they would get a new story unless they just did it in another world.

pokemon gold silver remake, my color version busted and it was one of the best games ever.

smash bros would be so sick. if they did a prequel sort of deal where its all of the characters in their 2d forms, i honestly cream thinking about that.[/quote] that would be awsome, a retro, 8-Bit super smash bros
it could play like jump super/ultimate stars

I dont know if anyone has said it yet, but i just want a really good beat-em-up ala TMNT arcade or golden axe or Streets of Rage.

and Wifi with them, and i also third the retro smash brothers, that is really bad ass.

I don't understand why anyone would want some of these games on DS with the 2 screens. What benefit does it provide? The 2 screens and extra bulk imo are a distraction for traditional games a la Mario, Metroid, Earthbound, Final Fantasy, etc.

There are some games where perhaps this would be beneficial. Like maybe Pikmin DS, but a side scrolling MetroidVania type game?

I say bring on a new Game Boy system. A little more powerful, better screen, 4 face buttons, and 2 should buttons.

Anyway, I would like Super Metroid (on GBA, but DS is better than nothing). With the slightly updated graphics like Super Mario World had on the GBA and having it portable would make it totally worth a re-buy (since I own it on SNES).

Paper Mario DS (a new game, not a remake), another new 2D Mario Platformer (Super Mario World 3? New Super Mario Bros. 2?), new 2D Kirby game w/ full 2-player download play, Kirby's Dream Course 2 w/ full 4 player download-play, Elite Beat Agents 2 (please!), etc, etc.

Generally speaking, I want to see more games that feature full 2 or more player download-play, using the same approach as Mario Party DS (which works great.) No more mini-game only download-play. If that isn't technically possible, then sell multipacks which include one full copy of the game that can be played standalone, along with 1 or more "multi-card play" cartridges that can't be played standalone, but can be used for full multi-card play when connected to the full copy. I.e. they contain the full game, but are neutered such that they can't be played stand-alone. Obviously for a much lower price than buying multiple full copies of the game.

Intellivision Lives. The DS touchscreen is the only controller capable of doing the Intellivision controller justice. The game is complete, but has been looking for a publisher for the last 2 years.

I'd kill for SqEnix to officially bring over Seiken Densetsu (Secret of Mana) 3 (SNES). Hell, they could simply pay the people who did the (amazing) unoficialy translation patch. All they have to do is port it then.

[quote name='b3b0p']I don't understand why anyone would want some of these games on DS with the 2 screens. ....

There are some games where perhaps this would be beneficial...but a side scrolling MetroidVania type game? [/QUOTE]

I'm going to imagine you have played the Castlevanias on the DS.

The map on the second screen was a tremendous help. How could you not like that?

If Midway can make a decent UMK3, then Capcom in all their greatness should be able to make either Street Fighter 2 or Street Fighter Alpha 2/3

Cone on Capcom! You won't go for broke supporting the DS!

I dunno. DS doesn't have any great fighting games. Sure there was Bleach and the import Jump Ultimate stars, but remember Guilty Gear? That stuff was just plain horrible. Maybe Capcom is just sticking to the safe bets like their 100+ Megamans or maybe they're just focused on the next-gen stuff. Either way, Street Fighter is pretty old, it'd be like kicking a dead horse if they re-re-released another one of those. And I doubt there'll be a port of SF4 to DS.

bread's done
Back