Games you still want to be made on the DS

[quote name='Strell']I'm going to imagine you have played the Castlevanias on the DS.

The map on the second screen was a tremendous help. How could you not like that?[/QUOTE]

Neat, but not needed to enjoy.

[quote name='b3b0p']Neat, but not needed to enjoy.[/QUOTE]

No, it isn't. But it enhances the game. You made it sound like that specific game couldn't have been enhanced by a second screen, when clearly it is.

Strictly speaking, it is not required, but then, most things aren't.

[quote name='Strell']No, it isn't. But it enhances the game. You made it sound like that specific game couldn't have been enhanced by a second screen, when clearly it is.

Strictly speaking, it is not required, but then, most things aren't.[/QUOTE]

I much prefer conventional games and game play. I like the 4 face buttons and shoulder triggers, but don't really enjoy the extra screen and touch. I don't feel it's needed that is all. I like my Game Boy (micro) much more so.

It enhances the game in a way, but it's not something I care either way about.

[quote name='b3b0p']I much prefer conventional games and game play. I like the 4 face buttons and shoulder triggers, but don't really enjoy the extra screen and touch. I don't feel it's needed that is all. I like my Game Boy (micro) much more so.

It enhances the game in a way, but it's not something I care either way about.[/QUOTE]

And the second DS Castlevania didn't use the touchscreen (unless you count the extra modes, which is kind of a stretch).

You're just making that argument where you draw this conclusion that's based on something that isn't really true, and instead is relying on a sort of pseudo-logic rooted in what-ifs and hypotheticals. "What if the next Castlevania is nothing but touch screen play" and so on.

The DS offers more choices for input. It doesn't require all of them to be used. And yes - certain games work much better with only buttons, some work well with a combination, and some work well with only touchscreen.

Don't sit there and pretend that having those additional options somehow destroys and voids conventional input. That's just silly.

But by now you should have realized you've moved from the two screens argument to the "multiple inputs" argument, so now we're on completely new ground since you are changing your position.

I have to agree with Strell. Play Portrait of Ruin, and then try to go back and play Circle of the Moon, and you'll just be irritated by how often you're pausing to look at the map.

I'd like to see Mario Baseball and a new Kirby Canvas Curse.
Also a Donkey Kong Country or DK climber.
Maybe a Nights game or something that uses the stylus well.
I'm always up for a new Zelda and 2d Metroid.

[quote name='Strell']
The DS offers more choices for input. It doesn't require all of them to be used. And yes - certain games work much better with only buttons, some work well with a combination, and some work well with only touchscreen.

Don't sit there and pretend that having those additional options somehow destroys and voids conventional input. That's just silly.
[/QUOTE]

Yep, it sucked for the first year as developers were trying to use the touch screen, microphone etc. rather than just making good games and using them as needed.

That's not the case any more for the most part. There's stuff like Zelda which I'd have enjoyed much more if it had traditional controls, but there's also stuff like the last castlevania which didn't use it at all, New SMB which barely used it etc.

Two screens, ignoring the input part also have their uses. For instance, having the map constantly displayed in Castlevania was a god send. I don't like when games get split across it though...like the Yoshi's Island sequel. But it has it's uses for sure.

bread's done
Back