Games you wanted to play but never did.

SoulEdgeVII

CAGiversary!
I'm not counting the games that you own but haven't played because you have too many games. I'm talking about the ones that you wanted to play but didn't have the money to buy at the time or just plain forgot about or just couldn't find. Hopefully those that have played them can share whether or not they are worth the time and money.

I always wanted to play Blast Corps for the N64. It got great reviews but it just slipped my mind as I was to busy with the Goldeneyes, the Perfect Darks, The Legend of Zeldas and etc. Plus, there was no cheapassgamer.com at the time so each game was about $50 to $60. Another game that interested me was Hybrid Heaven, an action RPG by Konami. I was mildly excited about it but had trouble finding it so I forgot about it. After reading the bad reviews maybe I was lucky.

Hmm, Conkers bad fur day, but alas i was too young to rent it at the time.
Blast Corps was a great game, a friend and i rented it when it came out and had a "blast!"

[quote name='Mustang O-Line 75']hybrid heaven has sat at my local hollywood video for at least 3 years now

i always think about picking it up[/quote]

Same here

xenogears...my friend tells me it's one of the best games ever...incredible story...i almost bought a sealed copy for 8 bucks, but that's another story...

Robotech Crystal Dreams... I remember when they kept hyping up for that game for years and years... I awaited for it like any dedicated Macross fan, then it gets delayed again, and finally cancelled... :? :(

Aside from that, Rez... but I can't think of any more right now.

[quote name='StealthySeal']klonoa ps1.... only cuz i cant find the damn thing[/quote]

I got the game for free... I found 2 good games at a vid store, and they had a buy 2 get one game free....but it was lame cause the free one had to be 14.99 or less. I havnt played it either

[quote name='StealthySeal']klonoa ps1.... only cuz i cant find the damn thing[/quote]

Yaeh, me too. I have a demo of number 2 but have never seen it either outside of Ebay which it goes for a pretty penny. Another game/s that I want to play is Suikoden 1 and 2. Alas, there was no CAG at the time and could ever find it for a reasonable amount, and now they go on Ebay for like 80 to 100 dollars. Another game is Einhander. I have a demo of it, and have played it at my friends house, but I can never find it any used shop, or for a good price. Einhander is probably the number one game I would like to find/get but can't because it is to expensive. on Ebay it's like $30-40 if it's not even sealed.

Harvest Moon, the DDR games, Karaoke Revolution, and... don't laugh... American Idol. I haven't been able to bring myself to spend money on Idol, and I'm just waiting on good deals for the others.

Ninja Gaiden...but I'll get to that soon.
And I probably shoulda picked up the Radiant Silvergun import from EBGames when I had the chance.

I remember when I saw an ad for Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance, and that instant I wanted it, after having so much fun with Circle of the Moon. I contemplated whether or not to get it because I had no cash, and finally settled on 'Maybe some other time.' Well, the game became damn hard to find, and I completely forgot about it, until my friend found a used copy at an EBgames. He let me borrow it, and to say the least, I was dissapointed. Oh well.

Resident Evil 2, Valkyrie Profile, and Saga Frontier 2 for the PSOne.

Most recently:

007: Everything or Nothing
Need for Speed: Underground
Grandia II

[quote name='imacheapasstoo']Harvest Moon, the DDR games, Karaoke Revolution, and... don't laugh... American Idol. I haven't been able to bring myself to spend money on Idol, and I'm just waiting on good deals for the others.[/quote]

I've got a copy of Idol you can trade for - technically, you wouldn't be spending any new money... :wink:

As for me, I've always wanted to play Jet Set Radio Future, but the lack of an Xbox stops me. I guess I'll just have to pull out the DC version again.

Two games I'd like to try out are Radiant Silvergun and Panzer Dragoon Saga. I could have bought Radiant, since I remember seeing it advertised, and I had a Saturn with a convertor that allowed it to play imports, but for some reason, never bought it. I've also wanted to see what Panzer Dragoon Saga was all about. This one, however, I never saw in stores (TRU had it for $20, along with House of the Dead and other rare Saturn games, but all were sold out by the time I found out about it.) Why Sega doesn't re-release it on a current system I'll never know. They drag out a bunch of (mostly) crappy Sonic games, but I guess they assume that the high ebay prices Saga fetches means there is no market for this game.

ikagura, viewtiful joe, and forsaken i remeber the commercial but never got around too playing it, wonder if it was any good

I've wanted to play Panzer Dragoon Orta ever since I saw it at my local rental store.... Alas, no Xbox, so I'm stuck here wondering what its like.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']i thought paper mario was overrated, mario RPG owns paper[/quote]

I loved mario rpg, thats why i wanted to get paper mario

Star Wars: Galaxies. I love starwars but I'm too poor to pay a fee and My computer blows. I wish there was starwars games that was like PSO and free.

Panzer Dragoon Saga, Raidant Silvergun, Steel Battalion come immediately to mind. I may finally get SB this fall.... maybe. I've never had anywhere to put the controller on while I play games so I've never picked it up.

i'm goin a little old school on this one...
battle toads double dragon

the game that combined two of the best side scrolling fighting games of the mid 80s and early 90s

Final Fantasy XI. My PC can't run it, and I won't be getting a new one soon. And even if I did have one, I wouldn't want to pay the $13 monthly fee. On PS2, it would cost me an extra $140 just to run the game (I don't have a network adaptor or hard drive), and then I'd still have to pay the subscription fee. But I can always dream....

kingdom hearts, and gran turismo I have them but I never played them I do not have the time and patetince to play them to much to do to beat them.

[quote name='LeviathynX']I always wanted to play Dragon Force on the Sega Saturn. That game still looks hella awesome![/quote]

Let me tell you, it is awesome :D I beat it 8 times, once with each character. One of the many that I sold in my great Saturn purge of 2002. It has been sorely missed.

I never got around to finishing off the old AD&D gold box series, Secret of the Silver Blades and Pools of Darkness. By the time I bought those games I had Final Fantasy, DW1 and not enough time.

bread's done
Back