Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
hot diggity! this is a great deal! ill have to make sure to find 6 CAG gba games... 1 nintendogs for me... one for my sister...

[quote name='TJordan522']SKU Qty Unit Price Total Platform Name
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
204940 1 $3.99 $3.99 GBA Iridion 3D - Pre-Played
208033 1 $4.99 $4.99 GBA SI For Kids Football - Pre-Played
217322 1 $4.99 $4.99 GBA Konami Collector's Series: Arcade Advanced - Pre-Played
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subtotal: $13.97

Total Discount: -$3.50
Shipping: $0.00
Tax: $0.62
-------------
Total: $11.09

Sweet! I used SAVER, CAG15, and my Edge Card.
Nintendogs for $11 is awesome--thanks so much for posting the deal.
Now to decide which version I want...[/QUOTE]

Funny . . . I logged into EBGames this morning . . . I always scope the $4 games looking for something cheap to give my nephew . . . this morning I noticed that all the crap that always there was gone . . . thought who purchased these?

Then I saw this thread . . . its actually going to get tough to buy crappy GBA games lol

[quote name='aaa']Sorry, one more question.

Could I preorder 2 copies of Nintendogs, then cancel one of them, get $30 in credit, then get another DS game? If so, then I think I will be getting Nintendogs and Animal Crossing for under $20![/QUOTE]

YMMV or Your Luck May Vary by store

I really wasn't planning on getting Nintendogs, but if EB Games is going to give them away in exchange for three cheap GBA carts, I'll have to take advantage of them. I like dogs as much as the next guy, but I've still got at least one vintage Tamagochi in the box that I never opened from ten years ago.

dug and found in my bags

some space shooting game xeivos or something like that paid 2.99
some type of tennis game either got free or paid 1.00
and soem dragonball game i got off Overstock 2 buck deal 2.00

so for around 6 out of pocket i probally grab a copy. then again i dont know if i want to keep my DS

[quote name='onikage']If you're looking for cheap GBA games you might want to check CC. About a week ago I found copies of X2: Wolverine's Revenge and a couple other crappy games(that I didn't buy) that rang up @ $1.99.[/QUOTE]

is there a list of gba games at CC that ring up $1.99?

This deal is ridiculuos. I took 5 $3 EB GBA games down to EB with my GBA to trade in for $50. The Manager said he would not accept the trade in if the GBA did not have the Battery cover. I am glad he did not. Now me and my 2 brothers are going to take 9 GBA games down to EB and reserve a copy each and then trade 2.

Awesome Job OP (leonardo)

I just called my EBGames to see if I could trade in the GBA Videos for this. The girl had NO clue about this promotion, was telling me that she's sure some would equal 30 dollars and I could preorder yada yada.

I told her my friend works for them in another state and he saw posters and such. She told me to call back in 20 minutes--lol.

Any ideas on what I should do? =P

I called EBGames back. They now said they found the promotion, but I need a "coupon" and they have no idea where to get this "coupon" from?

Any ideas? =(

-Adam

[quote name='aaa']Sorry, one more question.

Could I preorder 2 copies of Nintendogs, then cancel one of them, get $30 in credit, then get another DS game? If so, then I think I will be getting Nintendogs and Animal Crossing for under $20![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Scorch']You used to be able to do stuff like this (I know I did), but I think they've since patched that "loophole" up.[/QUOTE]

You may be right (I know you generally have more knowledge of EB than I), but I hadn't heard about that. I know that many/most EBs will no longer let one return a game bought with a trade in deal for store credit, but, last I heard, cancelling pre-orders was still a go.

[quote name='alive741']I called EBGames back. They now said they found the promotion, but I need a "coupon" and they have no idea where to get this "coupon" from?

Any ideas? =(

-Adam[/QUOTE]

Yeah - if anyone knows anything about a coupon - they really should post a scan of it - my local store (Joliet, IL) wasnt aware of the promotion until I called and then claimed that the Promo required this coupon. And of course he had no idea where to get the coupon.

FYI, som stores (locally meijers) have Nintendogs as thier DS tester game. After playing it for the 5 minutes it lets you, i can finnaly understand that weird Japanese commercial with the girl giggling while playing. VERY cute (painfull almost) and quite fun just to play around. You can throw a frisbee, give it a bowtie, play music they bark along too and more.

Thanks for the heads up on this deal...Gonna go see what crap/unwanteds i can find at home :)

Check my local EB, they couldn't find anything about such a deal.

Okay, jrbernal83, where did you learn of the deal? Is there a coupon? Is there a deal number we can ask the rep to search? Any info would be most appreciated.

It's almost too good to be true, but then again so was the 3 for GT4 deal. One good solid hope is worth a cartload of certainties.

Also - the coupon isnt in their latest online newsletter (the store associate asked me to try there , I knew it wouldnt be however)

So I dont know what to do now :(

[quote name='evo t rex']Check my local EB, they couldn't find anything about such a deal.

Okay, jrbernal83, where did you learn of the deal? Is there a coupon? Is there a deal number we can ask the rep to search? Any info would be most appreciated.

It's almost too good to be true, but then again so was the 3 for GT4 deal. One good solid hope is worth a cartload of certainties.[/QUOTE]

YES THERES A COUPON. AND YES THIS DEAL EXISTS. If your local EB employee couldnt find the deal - hes just an idiot. I just called minutes ago, the employee hadnt heard of the deal but was able to look it up in moments for it officially begins today. And it was then that he told me that the deal required a *COUPON*. It was after that, that he claimed he had no idea where to ascertain said coupon. Hence the current mystery. Im thinking it may be present in some odd magazine or circular... but who knows.

Someone who has done this scan your receipt and the promo code for us.

And can anyone put up a list of cheap gba games and where we can get them from?

I have a real dog, so I wasn't that interested in this beyond a rental....but I think that I have some unwanteds to get in on this deal. I'll take in my brand new and sealed Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance, Tactics Ogre, and Super Puzzle Fighter....for my Nintendogs.

BTW, I'm only teasing.

[quote name='Hair6a11']Also - the coupon isnt in their latest online newsletter (the store associate asked me to try there , I knew it wouldnt be however)

So I dont know what to do now :(

YES THERES A COUPON. AND YES THIS DEAL EXISTS. If your local EB employee couldnt find the deal - hes just an idiot. I just called minutes ago, the employee hadnt heard of the deal but was able to look it up in moments for it officially begins today. And it was then that he told me that the deal required a *COUPON*. It was after that, that he claimed he had no idea where to ascertain said coupon. Hence the current mystery. Im thinking it may be present in some odd magazine or circular... but who knows.[/QUOTE]

This is EXACTLY what happened to me. It requires something their system calls a "Streetwise" coupon. He told me his district manager had a conference call today at noon and they would try to find out where this coupon is actually located.

[quote name='Jaket']confirmed and completed at my local EB :)[/QUOTE]

So please enlighten the rest of us on HOW you did it next time you are online.

[quote name='Roufuss']So please enlighten the rest of us on HOW you did it next time you are online.[/QUOTE]

I'd be curious to see whether or not he needed the "magic" coupon that nobody knows where to find (or if the coupon is unnecessary depending on the clerk).

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']I'd be curious to see whether or not he needed the "magic" coupon that nobody knows where to find (or if the coupon is unnecessary depending on the clerk).[/QUOTE]

I did check that "Streetwise" website... it's for Street Teams, people that basacially get the hype going through word of mouth - very popular for smaller bands, never heard of it for video games.

It would suck if you had to be some kind of member and it's an exclusive coupon.

[quote name='the3rdkey']Why trade in three games for one game that is going to retail at $29.99?[/QUOTE]

Because my 3 games I purchased were all less than $1 together.

[quote name='the3rdkey']Why trade in three games for one game that is going to retail at $29.99?[/QUOTE]

Because if you trade in 3 gba games you got for, say, 3 dollars each, you're paying 9 dollars for a 29.99 game?

[quote name='RandyTsai']i believed that this was already asked, but i don't think it was answered. does the gba games have to be complete?[/QUOTE]

No... EB generally throws the boxes and manuals away from what I've seen anyways.

[quote name='RandyTsai']i believed that this was already asked, but i don't think it was answered. does the gba games have to be complete?[/QUOTE]

nope dont need 2 be complete

how much does eb give for an SP ?

[quote name='moe11888']My EB said you need a streetwise coupon. The closest Ive gotten to finding it is the streetwise website that supports EB. www.streetwise.com[/QUOTE]

Streetwise - thanks for posting that. I simply couldnt remember the name that he gave me.

sigh

ok, I lied...

called up my local EB had the guy check. He said he found the deal etc... come on in with your games... I said that the deal was legit thinking it was because the dude on the phone confirmed it

but I had the same coupon problem in store :(

^^I'll let you know that the ebgames group is full but you can still email the team maybe if you ask them. My crappy comp won't let me email them.

[quote name='alive741']Tried, still waiting for the e-mail I have to confirm.

I signed up under 555 fake street, heh.[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting for the email as well, I'll report back if I get it and find anything on the site....

[quote name='n8littlefield']I'm waiting for the email as well, I'll report back if I get it and find anything on the site....[/QUOTE]

I never got the email to come but I got to the ebgames page while being loged in. So the group is full. Theres a contact the team button that I couldn't get to work. Someone else see if they'll answer any questions.

i just got back from my local eb games, and the manager had no idea of this sale and said he couldnt find anything in the computer. But on an upside, I some how managed to get Point Blank 2 and a lightgun for playstation for only $13 lol that was my bragging for the day

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back