Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called got the same thing, I needed a StreetWise coupon.

He also told me is wasnt for 100% for the game, you get $30 towards the price of the $29.99 Nintendogs, and then you just need to pay the tax. Not a big deal just a FYI.

Now if only that guy would come back who started this with more info about this StreetWise thing...I'm really looking foreward to getting this game.

Yep, definitely just went to EB and got completely rejected, she didn't even have a clue about the deal. I hate when deals pan out like that, makes you feel like an idiot.

I really hope there are ways around this damn coupon thing..

I just readied my 3 games to trade in (Sonic Advance 2 [got it for free], Ultimate Muscle [$5], and Sonic Smash Pack [around $5, I think]. Plus I don't like any of them either, sooo.. ;)

[quote name='Heyricochet']Yep, definitely just went to EB and got completely rejected, she didn't even have a clue about the deal. I hate when deals pan out like that, makes you feel like an idiot.[/QUOTE]

don't worry, you're not alone. I got rejected twice with the GT4 yesterday hehe. but third time's a charm and that store's clerk knew about the deal :)

I'm on the phone with them as we speak, heh :)

This employee looked up the promotion and sure enough.. a Streetwise coupon is needed.. and had no clue as to where to get this

How long do we have until this deal expires?

I actually was going to BUY this game for my girlfriend--now I must get it cheap...

-Adam

ok it sounds like the guys who are in the eb games group get coupons in the mail. (Found this on their forums) So we need someone who is in that group to give us the Coupon/scan of it/promo code thing. Something off of it.

Called EB, the guy looked it up on the comp and it does exist... but streetwise coupon is needed. The guy said he has no idea what that coupon is.... anyone has any ideas?

... There's a buy 2 get 1 free sale at Gamerush?

[quote name='gizmogc']GR sounds like a good idea for cheap GBA. I think the videos are pretty cheap, as are some of the older games. I think the cheapest GBA game I have ever seen is $7.99....buy with Buy 2 get 1 free means only $16 for a copy of Nintendogs, which is half price. I'll check 'em out tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Has anyone with AIM tried clicking on those buddy icons on the streetwise site? If you go to the Ebgames team page, there are three you can bring up - and I'm at work so I can't try them...

[quote name='Heyricochet']Yep, definitely just went to EB and got completely rejected, she didn't even have a clue about the deal. I hate when deals pan out like that, makes you feel like an idiot.[/QUOTE]

As things stand right now, we are all underinformed about this deal, so there is no reason for you to feel like an idiot. I certainly hope the EB employee didn't actively try to make you feel like an idiot, since she clearly has even less information than we do at this point.

[quote name='guessed']As things stand right now, we are all underinformed about this deal, so there is no reason for you to feel like an idiot. I certainly hope the EB employee didn't actively try to make you feel like an idiot, since she clearly has even less information than we do at this point.[/QUOTE]

Well I went in with the typical "My friend who works at EB told me", so I kinda deserved it. She then proceeded to offer me 2.24 for Virtua Tennis and Konami Arcade Advanced. Firepro Wrestling was POX.

[quote name='guessed']we are all underinformed about this deal, so there is no reason for you to feel like an idiot.[/QUOTE]

Hey, if the man wants to take it upon his shoulders to feel like an idiot for the rest of us, let him do it. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. :D

I am a member of the EBgames Streetwise team or whatever they call it. Right now I am checking my deleted email and the streetwise site. If I find a copuon I will submit a scan.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']Hey, if the man wants to take it upon his shoulders to feel like an idiot for the rest of us, let him do it. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. :D[/QUOTE]

Hey, I technically never called myself an idiot. I said "Makes you feel like an idiot". :D

OK guys, I looked through my EMail, NOTHING. I looked on their site, NOTHING.

I emailed both Streetwise help and [email protected] help with this email:

I am a team member of EBgames. There is spouse to be a coupon that can be used a local EBgames stores to get Nintendogs for free after you trade in three GBA games. For some reason, I was not sent the coupon. Can I get a coupon please sent to me?

Thanks

Here's hopeing for some success.

[quote name='jrbernal83']........NOPE......:lol:[/QUOTE]

Oh snap, time for me to score a new DS game.

EDIT: Damn it all, seems like there's more to this. :(

What the hell is the streetwise club anyhow?

[quote name='Vinny']Damn, looks like there's more to this deal... I hope the OP comes in and clears things up.:whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Would be nice... I appreciate the two deals the OP has brought us so far, but if he really does work at EB, the essential things like promo codes and "do we need coupons" would be a big help in the first post, espically since the OP is more knowledgable then 90% of the EB staff nationwide.

I thought that GR deal was over...
Alright ^_^!
Any 3 GBA games ... I've read through this whole topic and it seems that it is ANY 3...
Not sure what a POX list is but I'm assuming it's a list of games that don't qualify for this? Can anyone help me out?

hey OP, isn't at eb games there is certain keys you have to press to get to the promotion

do you think you can explain those steps maybe i will tell the guy at eb

[quote name='Mind_n_Soul']hey OP, isn't at eb games there is certain keys you have to press to get to the promotion

do you think you can explain those steps maybe i will tell the guy at eb[/QUOTE]

F12 :p

Unless the promotion isn't in the computer...but most people won't give you a promotion that isn't in a computer although I have seen stores that bump POX games up manually.

If you're buying games online to use in this deal, don't forget to add a cheap piece of hardware to get the UPS instead of USPS delivery for free, using the SAVER code.

[quote name='vietgurl']F12 :p

Unless the promotion isn't in the computer...but most people won't give you a promotion that isn't in a computer although I have seen stores that bump POX games up manually.[/QUOTE]

o ic, but isn't there a specif promo code number for each promotion?

[quote name='62t']so where can i find cheap gba gmes?[/QUOTE]

Why don't you read the thread where its been discusssed where to get cheap GBA games from atleast 5 different stores.

[quote name='Mind_n_Soul']o ic, but isn't there a specif promo code number for each promotion?[/QUOTE]

If they're trying to look up a promotion in the email, then the promotion number can be found there. But when you're checking out, there's no way to enter some number to give someone that promotion; the computer automatically does it and puts the promotion number on the receipt. Employees usually don't give a damn what the promotion # is, hehe. I rarely even glance at it.

Tried this at my EB today, but they said that something called a "streetwise coupon" was needed for the promotion to work. The computer wouldn't bump up the values without a coupon and none of them (nor the manager that they called) knew where to get one.

Ugh...this sucks! I'm still holding out hope though...the coupon must exist somewhere, and all we need is to find one and all CAGs are in luck.

[quote name='stoned99']If you're buying games online to use in this deal, don't forget to add a cheap piece of hardware to get the UPS instead of USPS delivery for free, using the SAVER code.[/QUOTE]

Whoops...too late, but for future reference, how does this work?

[quote name='Follandboy']OK guys, I looked through my EMail, NOTHING. I looked on their site, NOTHING.

I emailed both Streetwise help and [email protected] help with this email:

I am a team member of EBgames. There is spouse to be a coupon that can be used a local EBgames stores to get Nintendogs for free after you trade in three GBA games. For some reason, I was not sent the coupon. Can I get a coupon please sent to me?

Thanks

Here's hopeing for some success.[/QUOTE]

i have heard the coupon will be in the next flyer (this flyer ends on the 31) i Heard the next flyer comes out aug 12? and it should have the coupons

[quote name='slidecage']i have heard the coupon will be in the next flyer (this flyer ends on the 31) i Heard the next flyer comes out aug 12? and it should have the coupons[/QUOTE]

That would be amazing...where did you hear this?

I would like to apologize about the deal...i didnt finish reading it yesterday...i noticed it today, im really sorry guys

[quote name='jrbernal83']I would like to apologize about the deal...i didnt finish reading it yesterday...i noticed it today, im really sorry guys[/QUOTE]

So is the news about the flyer on August 12th correct?

[quote name='jrbernal83']I would like to apologize about the deal...i didnt finish reading it yesterday...i noticed it today, im really sorry guys[/QUOTE]

It's alright....but is there hope of us finding the coupon?

A simple mistake. Most of us appreciate the heads-up, and hopefully the coupon will surface sometime soon. Incomplete information is not all that uncommon on deals sites, you gave what you had, which, as far as I am concerned, is better than not giving at all.

More specific details regarding Nintendogs trade-in promotion.

Trade in ANY three GBA carts to receive $30.00 in credit towards Nintendogs. You still have to pay tax on this so it's not EXACTLY free.

Promotion lasts till August 21st.

This was confirmed when I called into my local store to verify.

[quote name='valkyrion']More specific details regarding Nintendogs trade-in promotion.

Trade in ANY three GBA carts to receive $30.00 in credit towards Nintendogs. You still have to pay tax on this so it's not EXACTLY free.

Promotion lasts till August 21st.

This was confirmed when I called into my local store to verify.[/QUOTE]

What about this mysterious coupon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back