Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='rywateska']Hum... You're telling me that Gameboy, Gameboy Color, and Game Boy Advance all work. Regardless of price, multiples, and smell? No limits either, correct?[/QUOTE]

I don't think GB/GBC games work, only GBA. And smell? Please don't trade any games in at my store :p

[quote name='rywateska']Hum... You're telling me that Gameboy, Gameboy Color, and Game Boy Advance all work. Regardless of price, multiples, and smell? No limits either, correct?[/QUOTE]

OMG....if you read the original post, it says, ANY 3 GBA (game boy advance) games. Videos and classics work

[quote name='onikage']If you're looking for cheap GBA games you might want to check CC. About a week ago I found copies of X2: Wolverine's Revenge and a couple other crappy games(that I didn't buy) that rang up @ $1.99.[/QUOTE]
Might check this out so I can get a second copy of Nintendogs for my bro. Thanks!

And thanks again for the heads up on the deal! What do I do if my EB looks at me like I'm crazy tomorrow?

EDIT: Got a little ahead of myself there...I need the games to come before I head to EB...so scratch the tomorrow lol.

just tell them you heard of the deal, that started today...it is the last promotion under trade in deals on the promotion screen

[quote name='jrbernal83']just tell them you heard of the deal, that started today...it is the last promotion under trade in deals on the promotion screen[/QUOTE]

Sounds good...I'll be there the second my GBA games come in the mail!

[quote name='Malkovich']This is too fishy, maybe its 3 DS games?[/QUOTE]

thats all i heard when I broke the GT4 deal....trust me its real....and it is 3 GBA games....ds games dont count toward anything cause there arent that many out yet. In a year or 2 then there will be trade in deals for ds games

I laugh at all those people who bought ping pals to use towards trade in deals....they all will be POX by the time EB uses DS games for trade in deals...lol ;)

[quote name='Epic Wolf']3 Dirt GBA games for a $40 game...I'm all over this!! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

the game is going to be 29.99

i know this is off topic....way off topic....but what is the least I can get for DVDs at Blockbuster?? If anyone knows just PM me so we can keep it out of this thread

Quick Q for the trade-ins deals...

Once you do this trade, do you still need to pat the tax on the game once it arrvies? Or does this deal cover the tax as well?

[quote name='gizmogc']Quick Q for the trade-ins deals...

Once you do this trade, do you still need to pat the tax on the game once it arrvies? Or does this deal cover the tax as well?[/QUOTE]

it all depends on the law in your state....like in WI it covers it

[quote name='62t']is it possible to change your preorder from nintendogs to another game?[/QUOTE]

some stores might do it...it depends...if i were you i would trade in the games than wait like a couple of weeks, then cancel it, use it towards something else

Wait, so when does the Nintendogs offer end? When the game comes out I'm guessing... but I want to make sure.

[quote name='Vinny']Wait, so when does the Nintendogs offer end? When the game comes out I'm guessing... but I want to make sure.[/QUOTE]

it goes until the day before it comes out

LOL I love how I work at EB and I dont even know about this...sweet deal though, I gotta get some GBA games with that discount ;)

[quote name='gizmogc']Sweet. I have GS credit....Ill pick up some really cheap GBA games and trade them in at EB. Sweet deal![/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was thinking gizmogc. I might even be able to buy back some of the crappy games I used for trade-ins at GR previously. I was heading to EB to do a GT4 trade tomorrow - I KNOW they will think I'm crazy if I mention this Nintendogs deal, but they thought that when I first tried the GT4 deal after jrbernal83 first mentioned it. He was golden with the POX list too, so I trust him.

It just seems odd that EB would give out what should be a hot game for a bunch of crappy GBA games that you'd think they would be phasing out, if anything! I know GBA will be a current system for a while, but seriously, do they really need a bunch of cheap GBA games to sell? Oh well, not complaining - I'll get a few Nintendogs even though this was one DS title I was planning to skip orginally. I bet the kids like it though.

Any ideas what the cheapest GBA games are at GR, gizmo? I'm thinking there's nothing less than $4.99 - so if we're lucky we can get Nintendogs with $10 of GR credit (with Buy 2 Get 1 free). I'm worried that they might only have $8-$10 titles though, which wouldn't really be worth the trouble.

[quote name='io'] I KNOW they will think I'm crazy if I mention this Nintendogs deal, but they thought that when I first tried the GT4 deal after jrbernal83 first mentioned it. He was golden with the POX list too, so I trust him.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the support...also, if you dont find any cheap GBA games at GR, hit up ur local EB they should have a few games at 4.99, or check out CC or target i heard of some being really cheap. You have till the day b4 it comes out for the deal.

GR sounds like a good idea for cheap GBA. I think the videos are pretty cheap, as are some of the older games. I think the cheapest GBA game I have ever seen is $7.99....buy with Buy 2 get 1 free means only $16 for a copy of Nintendogs, which is half price. I'll check 'em out tomorrow.

The only 2 GBA games I can think of losing are Castlevania NES Classic and THUG. Any cheapass ones I can pick up?

EDIT: What's the difference between the different versions of the games?

[quote name='vietgurl']sweet, i can get all three nintendogs just cuz i'm crazy like that. i originally had all three on preorder but cancelled two cuz i couldn't afford them all, lol[/QUOTE]

You do realize that you can unlock all of the dogs in any version of the game right? The dogs listed on the box are just the ones already unlocked in each version.

[quote name='Cyb3-rr']You do realize that you can unlock all of the dogs in any version of the game right? The dogs listed on the box are just the ones already unlocked in each version.[/QUOTE]

So the only difference is basically cover art right?

Is there a POX list? Where can I find it if there is one.

I think I might just go to GR, buy 3 crappy GBA games for $7 at the most each.

EDIT:Crap, that sucks about my xbox. I just got $84 for it last week at GameStop. I probably could of gotten at least $110 for it at EB with the deal. Ah Well. Thanks a ton OP.

Sorry, one more question.

Could I preorder 2 copies of Nintendogs, then cancel one of them, get $30 in credit, then get another DS game? If so, then I think I will be getting Nintendogs and Animal Crossing for under $20!

[quote name='The VGM']So the only difference is basically cover art right?[/QUOTE]

No, the dogs on the cover are the ones that are initially available. The others can be unlocked in the game. So it all depends on which dogs you want to play with immediately.

-Justin

Awesome deal! I have a GBA flash cart so I'll just trade in as many GBA games as I can since I don't use them anymore. :)

[quote name='aaa']Sorry, one more question.

Could I preorder 2 copies of Nintendogs, then cancel one of them, get $30 in credit, then get another DS game? If so, then I think I will be getting Nintendogs and Animal Crossing for under $20![/QUOTE]

You used to be able to do stuff like this (I know I did), but I think they've since patched that "loophole" up.

[quote name='Scorch']You used to be able to do stuff like this (I know I did), but I think they've since patched that "loophole" up.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. If I can't get through, it will be O.K. I really, really hope that I can pick up my copy of Nintendogs in time for my trip. I am leaving on the 23rd, and since it ships on the 22nd, EB will get it in on the 23rd, right? (Haven't bought a game at GS/EB for around a year now) Brand new game for a 6 hour flight would be awesome.

Wow, this thread is generating more late night activity than I usually see on CAG. I'll be up even later - so I'll check CAG first thing when I get up to see if people have been able to swing this deal. That's one advantage to being a night person on the West Coast - everything should be sorted out by the time I get up :D

I was at an EB last night and I noticed they had a huge Nintendog standee outside the store. I didn't really pay attention to it as it just seemed to be about the game itself - but maybe they'll attach something about the deal to it (if it isn't already there and I missed it!). I've seen posters at a few EB's advertising the GT4 deal in the last week too...

[quote name='AntiSocial']Can you only pre-order 1 copy per store?[/QUOTE]

Well, the nice thing about this game is that there are 3 versions, so it wouldn't seem out of place at all to preorder all 3. I'd imagine they would let you do that, in any case. Probably, though, they wouldn't restrict you even if you got the same version (though I wouldn't go in with 15 GBA games and try to get 5 at once!).

I don't own a DS as im not into handheld systems by looking at the title it's already telling me to stay away Nintendogs: Chihuahua and Friends lol.

So is the trade-in value for ps2 $60-70? I don't play mine much and was thinking of getting a slim one after a price drop or my WoW addiction dies down(which ever comes first).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back