Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just called my eb and he said the deal was good, no coupons and no other stipulations. I'm gong to run out right now, so we'll see what happens.

I just got back from doing this. After about 15 minutes of trying to get this to work the clerk called the central office. They said you need a coupon, but nobody knows where to get the coupon so they gave the clerk the coupon code over the phone then it worked. My receipt says that the promo number is #3901.

Called a few local stores...some same the deal is going, some say its no,t some say its too good to be true...Oy, you think employees would actually know the damn deals.

i just got back, got the pre-order with no problems.

they dont bump up automatically (at least they didnt for me) the CSR had to manually raise the prices.

[quote name='punqsux']i just got back, got the pre-order with no problems.

they dont bump up automatically (at least they didnt for me) the CSR had to manually raise the prices.[/QUOTE]

sorry but what does CSR mean?

[quote name='docdude316']I just got back from doing this. After about 15 minutes of trying to get this to work the clerk called the central office. They said you need a coupon, but nobody knows where to get the coupon so they gave the clerk the coupon code over the phone then it worked. My receipt says that the promo number is #3901.[/QUOTE]

Is that all? I think that that is just the number for the deal, not the coupon number.

I tried telling the guy the promo code (3901, the one that someone mentioned previously) and that didn't seem to make a difference.

[quote name='Vinny']Maybe I'll wait until this is figured out...[/QUOTE]
what good would come from that? call your local EBs and ask them about it.

Just called two SoCal EB's, both employees knew nothing of this thing. Hate these clueless employees.

I KNEW this was going to fucking happen. I get relatively excited because certain *Cag'ers* have successful attempts at this preorder deal - so I just ran over to my local EBgames.

The employee knew about the deal because I called him about it like 8 hours ago.

Anyway - he couldnt get it to work. I gave him the promo code 3901 - and that still didnt work. I mean - he was willing to get it to work for me but because the deal wants this stupid fucking coupon - he didnt know how to get around it.

If anyone that works for eb KNOWS how it works - Id love to hear it so I can relay that info to an employee there. Pathetic that a customer would have to tell an employee how to work his machine - but .. you know. :lol:

Although I guess there's the possibility that he was lying to me-

It seems like it isn't not an actual promotion that automatically pops up, but the clerk I dealt with knew about it and just raised the trade in value of my gba games to equal the 29.99 for nintendogs. He had a problem at first, and was about to call the manager, but then decided to just do it manually. I can scan my receipt if anyone really wants, assuming my scanner works. Although, my receipt does not have any sort of promotion information on it, just the enormously inflated trade in prices for my gba games.

[quote name='dayglo']It seems like it isn't not an actual promotion that automatically pops up, but the clerk I dealt with knew about it and just raised the trade in value of my gba games to equal the 29.99 for nintendogs. He had a problem at first, and was about to call the manager, but then decided to just do it manually. I can scan my receipt if anyone really wants, assuming my scanner works. Although, my receipt does not have any sort of promotion information on it, just the enormously inflated trade in prices for my gba games.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me... but the guys at my store knew nothing about it. He found something on the computer explaining the deal though and after some initial problems getting it to work he just upped the value of my games. So I'm happy, I traded in two games I got during the 90% off Toy's R Us sale and bought some game @ EB for $3.99 (cheapest game there, didn't even notice what it was)... not bad at all.

Yeah, I think the computer thing will be fixed in a few days. It didn't work on the computer but it's listed in the promotions email. No coupon is mentioned in the email. Just tell them to check the promotions.

cool, hopefully this will all work out on sunday, thanks for the heads up everybody

my goal is to trade in 9 gba games, and preorder all three versions, then switch the two i don't want to meteos and nanonstray :)

[quote name='docdude316']I called an EBgames in Northern, VA and the clerk looked it up in the computer, and said I didn't need a coupon.[/QUOTE]

a fellow cagger in NOVA :D which EB did you call?

[quote name='punqsux']what good would come from that? call your local EBs and ask them about it.[/QUOTE]

I already did, I'm having no luck. I called my local EB and the guy said he couldn't find anything (it was the guy who always lets me slide on deals, he even recognized me!:)) and if he couldnt' find it, I knew that they didn't know about it.

I call the next closest EB and they told me that I had to get a coupon though he didn't give me a name or know where to find it.

Can someone tell me if you can use the multiple copies of the same game? I have two copies of Driver 2 for the GBA, can I trade both of those in and would it count towards this deal?

[quote name='Ninjazn']Can someone tell me if you can use the multiple copies of the same game? I have two copies of Driver 2 for the GBA, can I trade both of those in and would it count towards this deal?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure you can't do two of the same game in a deal.

[quote name='Ninjazn']Can someone tell me if you can use the multiple copies of the same game? I have two copies of Driver 2 for the GBA, can I trade both of those in and would it count towards this deal?[/QUOTE]

YMMV or Your Luck May Vary . . . depends on the clerk . . . they shouldn't let you . . . but it happens. I wouldn't even bother trying . . . goto GS and buy a $2.99 Iridion . . .

I bet Nintendo is forking over alot of cash to EB for doing this deal, they want to get Nintendogs in as many DS's as possible to show off the wireless conectivity of the DS.

OK, since some folks have had some success with this deal and I have not heard back from Streetwise with a coupon yet, I am going to give this a try. I have to drive 30 minutes to my nearest EB so it better work. I don't like to call first, because it is easy for them to say "NO" over the phone, but much more difficult in person.

I have 9 GBA games and I am going to try to reserve one of each copy of Nintendogs, but I will be happy if I can get 1 copy for 3 games.

I have a good feeling that this deal will not work for me, because the manager at the local EB is the most unpleaseant person I ever dealt with and he makes the deals the best for his store. For example back when they had the trade in 3 PS2/GC/Xbox games get an extra $10 deal he tried to tell me the exclusion list applied so I call the DM and this fixed the problem, but the manager is not to happy with me.

[quote name='Follandboy']OK, since some folks have had some success with this deal and I have not heard back from Streetwise with a coupon yet, I am going to give this a try. I have to drive 30 minutes to my nearest EB so it better work. I don't like to call first, because it is easy for them to say "NO" over the phone, but much more difficult in person.

I have 9 GBA games and I am going to try to reserve one of each copy of Nintendogs, but I will be happy if I can get 1 copy for 3 games.

I have a good feeling that this deal will not work for me, because the manager at the local EB is the most unpleaseant person I ever dealt with and he makes the deals the best for his store. For example back when they had the trade in 3 PS2/GC/Xbox games get an extra $10 deal he tried to tell me the exclusion list applied so I call the DM and this fixed the problem, but the manager is not to happy with me.[/QUOTE]

Good Luck, please post back with your results.

All 3 Nintendo Dogs version will be MINE...........ahahahhahaha ;)

So FAR i have 4 junk GBA games (I need 2 more to get 2 Free Nintendo dogs) ;)

I just called two EB Games in the Orlando area and the employees knew of the deal, but said it isn't in their system yet and the deal was on the website for a couple of weeks. When I asked where I'd find it on the site, he said they might have taken it down.

One also said to keep calling incase they do get it in their computer.

[quote name='AntiSocial']Did anyone here from Long Island have any luck?[/QUOTE]

Hey a fellow Long Islandite. Anyway, I don't know where you are. But i've tried the EBs in

Plainview Shopping Centre - Said they didn't know about it
Huntington Station (in the Mall) - Needed coupon (they know me well there)
EB and EBX in Roosevelt Field Mall - Need coupon (know me there too).

So, basically. Nope. Nope...it's dead....atleast around here for now.

Unless you're planning to sell 2 of them, why would you get all 3 versions of Nintendogs? Do you know how time consuming and tedious it would be to take care of puppies on all of them? That's like having to weed 3 Animal Crossing villages each day. Fun? No!

[quote name='rjarmstrong100']Hey a fellow Long Islandite. Anyway, I don't know where you are. But i've tried the EBs in

Plainview Shopping Centre - Said they didn't know about it
Huntington Station (in the Mall) - Needed coupon (they know me well there)
EB and EBX in Roosevelt Field Mall - Need coupon (know me there too).

So, basically. Nope. Nope...it's dead....atleast around here for now.[/QUOTE]

I'm out in Shirley. I called the EB Games here and they don't know of this deal yet but told me to call back tomorrow.

[quote name='moe11888']I'm sure that you get all the dogs in each game. You just start out with 6 different kinds and have to unlock the rest.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you do. All the dogs are eventually available no matter what version you buy.

[quote name='Follandboy']OK, since some folks have had some success with this deal and I have not heard back from Streetwise with a coupon yet, I am going to give this a try. I have to drive 30 minutes to my nearest EB so it better work. I don't like to call first, because it is easy for them to say "NO" over the phone, but much more difficult in person.

I have a good feeling that this deal will not work for me, because the manager at the local EB is the most unpleaseant person I ever dealt with and he makes the deals the best for his store. For example back when they had the trade in 3 PS2/GC/Xbox games get an extra $10 deal he tried to tell me the exclusion list applied so I call the DM and this fixed the problem, but the manager is not to happy with me.[/QUOTE]

No Luck, guys. When I got to EB, unfortunatly for me, the only one working was the Manager, who I am not that great of friends with. He said that you need a Streetwise Coupon to trade it in. I told him that other stores were allowing people to do this trade w/o the coupon and he said "It say EB is not responsible for misprints."

I then asked him where to get the coupon and he said he assumed it would be in next months flyer (August).

When I got back home, I call EB customer support and they were clueless as to where to get the coupon.

Here's hopeing its in the August Flyer.

As of right now this deal sounds YMMV. Good Luck.

Also, I wanted 3 copies, 1 for myself and 2 for tradeing. There are already 14 people requesting it on TGN.

Maybe to help a lot of us out like the trade with GT4, can someone post there reciept so we have proof when we go into do this deal and make it easier?

I don't shop at EB much. For the flyers you guys speak of, do you just pick it up in-store? Or do you have to subscribe to something?

[quote name='moojuice']I don't shop at EB much. For the flyers you guys speak of, do you just pick it up in-store? Or do you have to subscribe to something?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they usually have them instore. They're usually in the open but sometimes you have to ask for them.

The cashier at my EBGames (Memphis Paragon location) was VERY friendly and helpful, but she said that the computer wouldn't let her do the deal without the physical coupon. Her general manager was out of town, so she called the EBGames on Winchester. After some deliberation, they decided that the deal absolutely could not proceed without said coupon, which was a bummer, because she wanted to use it, too. I told her that some stores were honoring the deal without the coupon since the Streetwise site wasn't working properly, and she said to just keep trying on the website.
She said that she could offer me seven dollars for the games I brought in, but otherwise, I'd have to find the coupon :whistle2:(

so far, all the posts about the coupon have stated that no one, not even eb employees, know where the coupon can be obtained from and when it will be coming out. it's been assumed it will be in the next flyer.

LOL, it worked for me. The employee knew about the deal, but for some reason the discount was not being taken off. So, he decided to manually adjust the trade in credit for each GBA game, 10 bucks. Nintendogs for $2.09. NIIIIICE.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but does the lunchbag and screen wipe come when you pick up the game? I pre-ordered it today at Brairwood Mall with no problems.

It's lame that some stores are requiring a coupon I can't currently get a hold of. I will try my local stores next week to see if they can help me without it, but I'd much rather have a coupon in hand when I go in. :cry:

I tried the EB in the Poughkeepsie Galleria mall, and the manager hadn't heard anything about such a deal, although he did mention that some I wasn't the only one to ask about it. Oh well, maybe it'll take effect soon.

[quote name='Mews']Just called two SoCal EB's, both employees knew nothing of this thing. Hate these clueless employees.[/QUOTE]

Which EB's did you call? I live near LA (in the Valley), so I was wondering if you called the ones I was gonna call.

Latez,
Yoda

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back