Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, today I decided to go try this out. Last night I called the EB in Burlington, MA. The employee I talked to asked someone else he was working with (a manager?) and confirmed everything when I asked including specific questions--ANY GBA game (only GBA), and no coupon needed. However, when I went there today, the employees didn't know about it, tried it, and it didn't work. They looked it up, and confirmed the ANY part, but I needed the infamous streetwise coupon.

So, I decided to take a chance and go to another EB. I went to the one in Stoneham, MA. The employee there was super nice, and I asked about the promotion and he looked it up, confirmed the deal, and said nothing about the coupon. (He was also excited I wanted Nintendogs, hehe). When he scanned in my three games (Iridion, Operation Armored Liberty, and Advance Wars) the trade in value came to less than $3.00. I believe he must have manually just upped the credit amount, although he didn't say anything. He completed it no problem. All I had to pay was the tax (no biggie!). I noticed that Iridion was actually POX, but because the promo says ANY it didn't matter, hehe!! Yesterday I had purchased Iridion and Operation Armored Liberty from the Burlington EB for $8 (I already had and beat Advance Wars). So I got Nintendogs for $8 + the tax!

Anyway, don't give up, and try your luck! You never know!!!

[quote name='Yoda-JM']Which EB's did you call? I live near LA (in the Valley), so I was wondering if you called the ones I was gonna call.

Latez,
Yoda[/QUOTE]

Not sure where in the Valley you are, but I personally called the Simi Valley store, Thousand Oaks, Weslake, Camrillo, Oxnard...1 said the deal needs a coupon and they don't take POX games, all the others have no idea what I'm talking about.

Ok, i went to 3 different Eb's today and only one of them let me do this trade without that streetwise coupon. The games i traded in, dont even remeber the names, but i bought them for about $9 all together. The ebgames in woodridge did this deal btw if anyone lives close to that

Ok, i just called my EB games and they said that there isnt any deals regarding nintendogs, i am on a first name basis with all the employees at EB games and i have known a few of them since i was in high school.

I know that their flyer is ending on the 31st so maybe that has something to do with it, so maybe the deal will start officially when the next flyer comes out, and we will find out about this mysterious coupon that they are offering.

I should also mention that i was able to join the streetwise website and the EB games team ALTHOUGH it appears the EB games streetwise team doesnt even exist right now.

[quote name='crissy1616']Hey all, today I decided to go try this out. Last night I called the EB in Burlington, MA. The employee I talked to asked someone else he was working with (a manager?) and confirmed everything when I asked including specific questions--ANY GBA game (only GBA), and no coupon needed. However, when I went there today, the employees didn't know about it, tried it, and it didn't work. They looked it up, and confirmed the ANY part, but I needed the infamous streetwise coupon.

So, I decided to take a chance and go to another EB. I went to the one in Stoneham, MA. The employee there was super nice, and I asked about the promotion and he looked it up, confirmed the deal, and said nothing about the coupon. (He was also excited I wanted Nintendogs, hehe). When he scanned in my three games (Iridion, Operation Armored Liberty, and Advance Wars) the trade in value came to less than $3.00. I believe he must have manually just upped the credit amount, although he didn't say anything. He completed it no problem. All I had to pay was the tax (no biggie!). I noticed that Iridion was actually POX, but because the promo says ANY it didn't matter, hehe!! Yesterday I had purchased Iridion and Operation Armored Liberty from the Burlington EB for $8 (I already had and beat Advance Wars). So I got Nintendogs for $8 + the tax!

Anyway, don't give up, and try your luck! You never know!!![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info! Now all I need to do is grow a vagina and I am set!

All these people who have got it to work, and still not one scan. wtf

[quote name='saetia']Thanks for the info! Now all I need to do is grow a vagina and I am set!
[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

This deal's turning out to be YMMV or than anything.

I just got my copy pre-ordered without a problem at the EB in Hainesport, NJ. The store I got it at didn't recieve the lunch bags yet, though...

[quote name='saetia']Thanks for the info! Now all I need to do is grow a vagina and I am set![/QUOTE]

Lol, have fun with that!

[quote name='saetia']All these people who have got it to work, and still not one scan. wtf[/QUOTE]

Here ya go:

You can go back and ask for the lunchbag after you get the preorder, all you have to do is show the preorder slip, ive done it before with other pre order bonuses.

There isnt any coupon scans because no coupon exists, this is because the ebgames streeteam doesnt currently exist, the newsletter when i click the ebgames streeteam link on streetwise.com points me to the ebgames june flyer, which is way outdated. Thats why there arent any coupon scans yet.

A coupon might become availible in the future, in a future flyer is what i think. Like i said before their flyer ends the 31st, so i think more information about this deal will become public after that date, or public to the extent of those that recieve the ebgames flyers. You can get a flyer by going to the store, they are more than happy to hand them out, in fact they pretty much bombard me with flyers every time i go in there!

The way i see it is the chain (ebgames) makes more money on the sale of used games than they do on each copy of nintendogs(this is because each sale of a used game is the entire price of the used game in ebgames pockets), i dont know exactly how much money ebgames itself gets for each sale of nintendogs. Thats why they are running this deal probably since if they get used games traded in, even if they are ones that they do not charge a lot for, they are still making more of a profit for themselves than they would on each copy of nintendogs sold. Also this way they are selling a copy of nintendogs also, so they are also making whatever profit they make from that sale. Its a win win for ebgames.

hey guys, just came back from EB and I got my preorder, though the girl at the register told me i needed the coupon.

The douches at the EB had no idea what I was talking about. They said they could give me $5 toward nintendogs.

Crap, Even if this works for me, I'm moving to college aroung Aug 16.-18 and Nintendogs comes out Aug. 22 I think. I wish they could transfer my preorder.

[quote name='suko_32']Crap, Even if this works for me, I'm moving to college aroung Aug 16.-18 and Nintendogs comes out Aug. 22 I think. I wish they could transfer my preorder.[/QUOTE]

Will you be back there soon? Or any family? If it's not far move (Half hour or so) you can always go pick it up a week or two later. Your preorder will always be good, they just not might have it in stock (they can sell the one they hold for you after 48 hours, but if you come in a week later and they have the game, you can still pick it up of course)

[quote name='suko_32']Crap, Even if this works for me, I'm moving to college aroung Aug 16.-18 and Nintendogs comes out Aug. 22 I think. I wish they could transfer my preorder.[/QUOTE]

Why not preorder it where ever you're going? Otherwise, have a family member pick it up. I'll be in the same boat as you, if I get this to work...

Called both EBs in State College, PA.. 1 didn't know about the deal, the other said coupon is needed. So I went to the EB in Altoona, PA... EB employee looked up the deal and it didn't say anything about a coupon. I was just about to get my nintendog when I realized I'll going back to NJ in a week (graduated) and I can only pick up the game at the place I pre-ordered... So the employee was nice enough to give me the promo code (3901) and his name and store number. Told me if any other EB mention the coupon just have them call this store. Anyway... if anyone's around centre country area... goto the Altoona EB.

I snagged a preorder for Nintendogs (Lab) today... at first the EB clerk said I needed the Streetwise coupon but (based on the suggestions of CAGs) I asked if he could adjust each game manually to $10 credit. He did and I got my $30 preorder down.

I also bought a $9.99 copy of Bard's Tale (XB) before I made the pre-order so I'm sure that made the process smoother and decreased the chances of rejection on the trade-in for Nintendogs.

My receipt looks exactly like crissy1616 (post #281) except NONE of my GBA games were POX (all PO).

- Virtua Tennis
- Konami Arcade Collection
- Fire Pro Wrestling

I'm sure everyone will be able to get in on this trade-in deal once all the EBs get updates and information becomes more concrete... I'm glad I got in right now just in case EB prematurely decides to terminate the deal. Thanks to the OP.

I doubt anyone will be able to get in on the deal, its starting to sound like its been fixed or something.. wouldn't be suprised if the whole deal is canned..

Went to my local EB and they would have gave me the offer, but GBA Videos are not included. So tomorrow I will be going back with three games. Also I don't think you have to buy all three unless you're a diehard collector. Take this as rumor, but I heard all breeds will be available; you start out with the 4-5 breed on original cart, but you can acquire all breeds. Here is the link to the official page http://www.nintendo.com/gamemini?gameid=0d8421b7-6c97-48d5-95f1-f11a16bac6a4
The page states nothing about being limited to only the breeds on your specific cart.

[quote name='punqsux']i just got back, got the pre-order with no problems.

they dont bump up automatically (at least they didnt for me) the CSR had to manually raise the prices.[/QUOTE]

Where was this, in Tuffalo or Blitzburgh? :lol:

Went to the Lakeline Mall EB here in Austin, TX. The girl looked up the deal and said they needed a coupon, so she called another store or district or something to ask about it, and couldn't find out where the coupon was supposed to come from. So she let me have the deal by just ringing up each game as $10. Also, I didn't end up paying for anything, even tax, because I guess she rung up the total after the trade-ins instead of before, or something like that. Sweet! :D

So this is definetly real huh. Looks like I'm getting Nintendogs. Good to see another Massachusetts user on here. Anywhere near Brockton?

Ryan

I showed my boss the promotion in the computer (made sure to press escape before he got to the "coupon must be present" part when he was reading, lol) and he bumped it up. Hopefully the coupon will surface

Success! I mentioned the trade-in deal to the guy and he did spend a while looking things up on two different computers, but he never questioned me further or acted like I was crazy. He just figured it out and did it without a second thought. I bought something else while I was there because I felt like I should thank him!

Forgive my sneakiness, but could you get in on this deal, and then switch your pre-order to another $40 game or store credit? I have no interest in Nintendogs (or even own a DS), but if I could switch it to Sly 3 I'd be all about this deal.

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']Forgive my sneakiness, but could you get in on this deal, and then switch your pre-order to another $40 game or store credit? I have no interest in Nintendogs (or even own a DS), but if I could switch it to Sly 3 I'd be all about this deal.[/QUOTE]

Nintendogs is $30, and I doubt it.

[quote name='neudog']Take this as rumor, but I heard all breeds will be available; you start out with the 4-5 breed on original cart, but you can acquire all breeds.[/QUOTE]

It's true, but there are 6 starter breeds.

I played the demo at Meijers yesterday and you couldn't hit your dog, i kept trying to beat it but it just kept standing there loving on me. I'm not buying the game for this reason.:roll:

Oh and the fact that i dont have a DS............LOL

Who-oa! I just finally got the confirmation email from Streetwise and logged in. Check out the latest news on the EBGames portion of Streetwise:

"7-26-2005 EB Team News

7-26-2005

Hey EB Team!

Our Team activities have slowed down recently as we prepare to relaunch it in August.

The new EB Team will be in the new single Team format. We are evolving away from the street Team / eTeam mode and instead giving out swag to the most active members of a single Team that will be open to all. We'd also like to give you the heads up on our newest SWCC staff member, Nick, who will be a big part of the new EB Team's experience."

My guess is that when they relaunch, that's when we'll be able to get the coupon. Fingers crossed.

$hady, hopefully you don't try this when you go looking for real pets. Maybe someone can be influenced by the violence in GTA...hahaha.

[quote name='masterh']Who-oa! I just finally got the confirmation email from Streetwise and logged in. Check out the latest news on the EBGames portion of Streetwise:

"7-26-2005 EB Team News

7-26-2005

Hey EB Team!

Our Team activities have slowed down recently as we prepare to relaunch it in August.

The new EB Team will be in the new single Team format. We are evolving away from the street Team / eTeam mode and instead giving out swag to the most active members of a single Team that will be open to all. We'd also like to give you the heads up on our newest SWCC staff member, Nick, who will be a big part of the new EB Team's experience."

My guess is that when they relaunch, that's when we'll be able to get the coupon. Fingers crossed.[/QUOTE]

Still never got my email...

[quote name='Scorch']I doubt anyone will be able to get in on the deal, its starting to sound like its been fixed or something.. wouldn't be suprised if the whole deal is canned..[/QUOTE]

Why do you think it will be canned?

[quote name='neudog']$hady, hopefully you don't try this when you go looking for real pets. Maybe someone can be influenced by the violence in GTA...hahaha.[/QUOTE]

Hmm lets see i dog bored petting a virtual dog after about a minute. So my next thought was to hit it, no matter how hard you banged the touch screen the dog would just show you love. His previous owner must have abused him..........:roll:

The ineractive part of the game is cool with the touch screen and voice recognition but in the end this is a game for girls, kids or people with no pets. Luckily i have Mr. Kitty to play with at home so I dont need a virtual buddy. ;)

I am still a little confused on what streetwise is and what i am supposed to do now that i am a member of the website lol.

I hope i dont have to wildly promote eb games or anything, i just prefer telling people they are the better store because they have reasonable prices, dont usually jack up prices on older games, and they put all preorder information into a computer where it cant get lost, unlike, ahem some other stores. Also they have a lot more trade in deals than competitors.

The only thing you gotta watch with ebgames is that they dont stick a 3$ warrenty on every game you buy automatically.

[quote name='BIG5']It's true, but there are 6 starter breeds.[/QUOTE]

If you can get all the breeds from 1 version... what's the point of getting all 3? are there things that's avaliable only in 1 version?

all the versions are basically same minus that you have a diff set of starting breeds on each version... that's all. and everyone already said there isn't a point in getting all 3 unless you're a collector (ie have too much money for your own good)

it's not just the dog breeds that are different...

you can purchase different toys and stuff for your dog, and each version has a set of exclusive items that cannot be purchased in the other versions. the only way to get these is to link up with someone that has a different version and download it from them.

for example, each version has a mario kart toy for your dog to chase around, but (i believe) in one version it's mario, another it's koopa, and the other is peach. or you can buy your dog a frisbee... one version looks like a pizza, another like a ufo, the other like a dart board.

these aren't necessarily a big deal, but it IS something that you can't unlock by just playing one version of the game by yourself.

I shall try this at my local eb tomorrow if it doesn't work i shall try another in west pa as I am going to a family thingy tomorrow...

fw0ggie

I called 2 local EBs. The first one couldn't find it in the computer, so I had a bit of a problem. The second one (20 minute drive) found it in the computer, and told me that if I preorder a few extras for friends, but they decide they don't want them, I can just get the credit back. I am not going to do anything until the new flyers come in, or the streetwise thing gets cleared up.

New question:

I am leaving for my trip on the 23rd of August. Since the shipping date for Nintendogs is the 22nd, will EB get the game on the 22nd or 23rd? If on the 23rd, I won't be able to pick it up, but will ebay hold it for me until September 1st??

Thanks for any help.

[quote name='Vinny']Why not preorder it where ever you're going? Otherwise, have a family member pick it up. I'll be in the same boat as you, if I get this to work...[/QUOTE]

I think I'll have my family pick it up here and ship it to where i am. I won't have a car in college and even though I know where EB is where I'm going, I'll probably be too confused and busy to go. Thanks for the suggestion.

My story:

The first two EB's I tried had no idea what this promotion was, and pretty much thought I was crazy.

The third one I went to had heard of the promo. Of course, when they tried to run it, it didn't work. The store manager was totally awesome though (Eric at the Valley Parkway EB in Escondido, CA btw) and asked me where I heard about the promotion (I told him CAG, and he burst out laughing, seemingly familiar with the site). He called the District Manager to find out what the deal was, but she wasn't sure (she also wanted to know where I heard of the promotion, and when he told her CheapAssGamer, she burst out laughing as well). He read the promo to her straight from the binder (promo #3901) and she wasn't sure why it wasn't working.

I had like 5 people come up to me asking me about CAG as well ;) Anyway, the manager called yet another guy who said I needed a coupon. The manager (who was talking to the guy on speaker phone) asked where to get the coupon, and the guy said he had no idea :lol: The manager asked the guy on the line for a coupon code (I would have memorized it and posted it here for you guys, but didn't want to be a dick when this guy was helping me out) and the guy was hesitant to give it up. The manager ended up getting the code in and I ended up only paying $2 tax.

Keep in mind that this deal launched on the 29th, and it seems like these guys are slow to the punch when it comes to getting their promo's sorted out... anyway, it is possible so best of luck to you all!!!!!!!!

[quote name='aaa']I called 2 local EBs. The first one couldn't find it in the computer, so I had a bit of a problem. The second one (20 minute drive) found it in the computer, and told me that if I preorder a few extras for friends, but they decide they don't want them, I can just get the credit back. I am not going to do anything until the new flyers come in, or the streetwise thing gets cleared up.

New question:

I am leaving for my trip on the 23rd of August. Since the shipping date for Nintendogs is the 22nd, will EB get the game on the 22nd or 23rd? If on the 23rd, I won't be able to pick it up, but will ebay hold it for me until September 1st??

Thanks for any help.[/QUOTE]
Most likely 23rd. They would hold the game if you full paid it.

[quote name='schultzed']fuck I tried this afternoon . . . the guy rang in three used GBA games for tradein and tried to apply them to NDogs and they didn't bump up.

fuck fuck fuck . . . I may not be able to go back until Monday and this will bug the shit out of me all weekend.

Someone with a receipt, what was the promo number?[/QUOTE]

We were heading to my inlaws this morning so I called an EB on the way . . . the clerk knew nothing about it and was pretty rude. So I called another on the way . . . I know the clerk who answered and he's really nice and knows EB up and down and he said it was a go.

I traded in these games:

Zero Mission
Warioware
Minish Cap . . .

Yeah right! . . . who is going to trade good games in on this deal?

Anyway the manager helped me and he is pretty clueless (really very nice but he dosen't know how things work) but the smart guy was there so he helped. They had to override the totals to set them to $10. Great in the case of a return or cancellation . . . no original values to revert to.

I traded Cartoon Network ($2 one), Castlevania classic ($3), Wario Land 4 ($5), Yugioh ($6), Konomi ($5), Ghouls and Ghosts ($5). Most of these were all games on hand most bought from EB with credit (gotten from past deals).

They said Iridion was POX and that it was stopping the deal from working on the computer but it turned out not to be in the sys. I said "excluded" nicely and they nicely gave me an excluded list . . . which had no GBA games but I let it pass . . . My out of pocket (considering I used credit to get the games in the first place . . . was like $15 for 2 Ndogs.

Then I bought four more GBA games $5 Aero Acrobat and Operation Armored Liberty and $6 Dragonball Z and Fire Pro Wrestling ($20 after Edge) with store credit in order to preorder (with Iridion? and another game) more Nintendogs (on Tue.)

I predict this deal will get killed in about a week . . . it is too open for abuse . . . buy $15 worth of games and get $30 game . . . cancel preorder and the credit to buy $30 in games and get $60 in credit . . . on and on.

To prolong this deal do it with some moderation and do not try to "flip" games on the same day . . . wait and go in with them later. Also, do not cancel the preorder immediately . . . be patient and cancel it in two weeks. Do not ask clerks if you can rebuy the games you just traded in.

[quote name='SaraAB']The way i see it is the chain (ebgames) makes more money on the sale of used games than they do on each copy of nintendogs(this is because each sale of a used game is the entire price of the used game in ebgames pockets), i dont know exactly how much money ebgames itself gets for each sale of nintendogs. Thats why they are running this deal probably since if they get used games traded in, even if they are ones that they do not charge a lot for, they are still making more of a profit for themselves than they would on each copy of nintendogs sold. Also this way they are selling a copy of nintendogs also, so they are also making whatever profit they make from that sale. Its a win win for ebgames.[/QUOTE]

A new game (since this will be $30 retail) will cost EB roughly $22 to purchase directly from Nintendo. Each game they sell, they make $8.

When they are buying back your cheap games that they sell for $4.99 they wind up losing quite a bit.

Example
You trade in 3 GBA games that retail for $4.99. They give you a free Nintendodogs.
So far they are losing the entire $30. IF, and thats a big IF, they sell your $4.99 games, they make $15. So now they are only losing $15. But in reality,if this starts to become widespread, not everyone will trade in uber cheap games. ...just us CAGs

[quote name='Diiz'](I would have memorized it and posted it here for you guys, but didn't want to be a dick when this guy was helping me out)[/QUOTE]

PM me with the code!

Damn, the way some of you are doing this I better do it fast if I want to get a free copy of Nintendogs...:lol:

Too bad my EB still has no idea about this deal and won't override it without the coupon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back