Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to the Brentwood, PA store today at 10:30 AM, and traded in 6 games that I picked up at Gamestop over the weekend for around $26.00 total. The girl knew about the promotion, but this was the first time she was trying it for anybody, and she could not get it to work. She then called "tech support" and they said that the "streetwise" coupon was needed but even they did not know where to find said coupon. So they told her to call her DM to see if she could bump up the trade values to $10.00 for each of the six games I brought in, and the DM said she could for me but nobody after me, unless they have the coupon.

The six games I traded in would have got me a total of $2.50 in store credit before she bumped them up to $10.00 each.

The six games I traded in:
Fortress
Razor Freestyle Scooter
Fire Pro Wrestling
No Rules(forgot the rest of the title)
Iridion 3D
Iridion 3D

Called yesterday and confirmed that its working at Huntington Beach and Buena Park locations in So. Cal.

EDIT: Went to Buena Park location, got my preorder, I was told I needed a coupon, I informed them that I called yesterday and no one told me anything about a coupon. He said he will do it for me this time.

I just called my EB (in Benton Harbor, MI) today asking about this promotion as well. First he said there was only a free doggy bag offered for it and then he apparently saw it and then put me on hold for a long time. After all that he confirmed it but proceeded to tell me that you need the Streetwise coupon to do the deal. He said I could find it in a gaming magazine or ad or something like that. But yeah, I guess I can't get on this deal at my EB unless someone can find one of those coupons.

The Downtown Boston store (100 Huntingon Ave) is accepting the promotion without the Streetwise Coupon and all GBA games are accepted. I just gave them a call.

For fun I called a few other locations:

Amherst/South Hadley, MA - Accepting the promotion with coupon. ALL GBA games accepted
Holyoke, MA - Accepting promotion with no coupon. POX games exempted.
East Longmeadow, MA - Accepting the promotion, not sure on coupon. ALL GBA games accepted.

Just an example of how varied this seems to be from store to store.

[quote name='gizmogc']So because the sale was not in the computer their idiots? Wow.[/QUOTE]

No, I said EITHER they don't have the deal or the people are idiots.

As in they had the deal but the people overloked it or something.

And I had 2 people lok, so if TWO people overlooked it, then that's kinda dumb.

But if it really wasn't there, then they aren't idiots, they're doing their job.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']No, I said EITHER they don't have the deal or the people are idiots.[/QUOTE]

You must consider that the clerks could merely be ignorant of this promotion, which doesn't necessarily reflect any lack of intelligence on their part. Stupidity is a physical condition which cannot change whereas ignorance can be cured by education. :D

[quote name='BIG5']What is POX?[/QUOTE]

i was wondering the same thing myself. we need to go back to the old days when acronyms would be underlined and if you hovered over them it would tell you what it meant.

[quote name='BIG5']What is POX?[/QUOTE]

I believe that POX is "Pre-Owned eXcluded", meaning that it will not count towards trade-in deals.

Blackstone Valley MA store needs a coupon, for anyone who is near there. She let me do it though cause I called before and she didn't notice the coupon till I got there. As of Friday, West Boylston MA doesn't even have it in their computer. Woohoo! Labs and friends comin my way.

I got it to work but the guy called a Dm (apprently) while I was checking their used games and I heard part of his conversation and it seemed he wasnt supposed to do it?
He never actually said anything to me after the call but it sounded like he was defending himself to whoever he called to ask.

Maybe its off already?

i called the eb here in eugene, or. took a while but the clerk i talked to said it was a go, no restrictions. so yay for eugene. i also asked if the demo was possible to download, and he said he would help me out if i decided to bring in my ds.

this is starting to get ridiculous,

i called up 3 stores, at first one didnt know about it alt all but now they know of the coupon, just as the other one in the mall did.
However, the one further away, knows about it but doesnt care aobut the coupon but first said it started today, and there were exclusions, then i just got off the fone with another employee there and he said that it starts 8-2 with no exlcusions...

i cant stand them not know what the hell is going on

[quote name='Snake2715']The demo is downloadable?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SaraAB']

I played the demo at target today and it looked really good, when i pressed start and power the DS download demo icon showed that it was usuable, so i am wondering if you can download the demo to your own ds, im gonna bring my DS with me one day and try it out.

You gotta press start and power together to bring up the DS main menu where you can get to this option.[/QUOTE]

this was a couple of pages back and i read it a while ago and thought of it when i was talking to eb. so i guess feel free to try anywhere there is a demo.

[quote name='ajh2298']

The six games I traded in would have got me a total of $2.50 in store credit before she bumped them up to $10.00 each.

The six games I traded in:
Fortress
Razor Freestyle Scooter
Fire Pro Wrestling
No Rules(forgot the rest of the title)
Iridion 3D
Iridion 3D[/QUOTE]

Hey, I had 2 copies of Iridion 3D and a Fire Pro Wrestling as well when I went in yesterday! However, I only did one preorder because I didn't think they'd take 2 copies of the same game (I used Mighty Beanz as my third game :D). D'oh! I wish I had just done the second preorder then. Now I have to go all the way back up there again and deal with the YMMV...

I feel really bad, I just screwed someone over who came into a store near where I live (not the one I work at) to try and get this deal. This morning, my manager called and supposedly there was an email sent out to the people in our district explaining that we aren't allowed to do this deal without a coupon; my manager called cuz he was really pissed at me for tricking him. When the guy tried to trade the games in, I told the manager there that there was a coupon needed because I didn't want to get him in trouble...he probably never got around to reading the email or something. :whistle2:( Hopefully a coupon surfaces soon so I don't feel so bad about screwing someone over

[quote name='Chris in Cali']I'm going to try and trade in my Xbox and 3 games today for $100. On EB's website it says the deal ended yesterday, so I hope it still works.[/QUOTE]

Chris, I went to the EB Games in the Pacific View mall and got turned down. Apparentlya coupon is needed.

You beat me to the punch (posting, too).

Yeah, I am extremely irate right now. So much that words cannot describe it. I'm the one who was shafted by you. I've been closely following this deal, since it started and now I'm screwed.

That was very dishonorable for a CAGer to do. Oh yeah...these two copies of Nintendogs were for my girlfriend and my two little sisters in San Diego. And I am also Vietnamese.

And have fun with Sim City (SNES version)...for the first time.

[quote name='vietgurl']Hopefully a coupon surfaces soon so I don't feel so bad about screwing someone over[/QUOTE]

Getting screwed over is pretty much a rite of passage anymore. Heck, the government and various business entities screw you over all the time, so it was only a matter of time before some of this hostility bounced back off of you. :D

I called a few ebgames here in columbus ohio, they told me that the coupon comes from nintendo. So to make a long story short no trade without a nintendo coupon.

I wouldnt want to intentionally screw anyone over, since what goes around comes around, so apparently you really do need a coupon for this deal. Not to mention i wouldnt want to get someone in trouble especially if its someone that i know at my ebgames.

So i wont do it until a coupon surfaces.

I live in the bay area and i called my EB..the guy asked his co-worker and then checked his computer..and he said the deal is active. just trade in three gba adv games for $30 towards nintendogs. he said i didn't need a coupon..so..yeah :)

That would make sense since i have gotten coupons to ebgames before from nintendo power

However the question is are we gonna get an issue of nintendo power before nintendogs is released??

I received the lates NP and while there is a 4-6 page article on Nintendogs there is no coupon. The next issue is scheduled to arrive until August 25th or so, well after this deal ends.

Round three of calling up the two EBs in my area. Here's the past summary.

Call #1 : Friday
Moorestown NJ: "Well, if people you know did it, I guess it's probably a real deal. Bring your games in and maybe it will work." (clueless)
Cherry Hill, NJ: "Nope, no such deal. But I'm sure if your GBA games were new enough you might get enough credit for a free Nintendogs." (clueless)

Call #2 : Saturday
Moorestown NJ: "Sorry, we have no preorder deals for Nintendo-dogs." (clueless)
Cherry Hill, NJ: "Nah, any Nintendogs deals we will be having won't start for a while." (clueless)

Call #3: Monday
Moorestown, NJ: "Yeah...I think you're making this up. Sorry." (clueless)
Cherry Hill, NJ: "Yup, trade in any three GBA games, no exclusions, and reserve Nintendogs for free. Come on in!"

SCORE!!!! Finally, after persistant calls to a bunch of clueless employees, I found someone who knew of the deal! Went through no problem at all...game him the three games and he asked which version I would like. No mention of a coupon or anything.
I will scan the receipt later tonight if anyone wants it.

I traded in Medal of Honor Infiltrator (purchased new for $4 new during the EA Store sale glitch), Operation Armored Liberty (purchased for $3 new last year at EB), and Spy Hunter (purchased for $4 new). So Nintendogs for $11...nice!
And I have 3 games on the way from EB.com for $11 so I can get a version for my brother...

So, if anyone lives near Cherry Hill, hit up that EB! (But call first, as my first two calls there were failures--third time's a charm :) )

And if you don't live in NJ, keep your hopes up and keep on trying!

Just scanned the receipt for you guys...hope it helps:

img019.jpg

Link to larger version for printing: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/TJordan522/92fb3cbd.jpg

Finally, my EB confirmed this! Yay, now I need to find some cheap ass GBA games. And now I gotta do this before the guy decides not to do this... he seemed pretty cool about it.

The plot thickens.... I just called my local EB and the guy replied that they weren't doing any trade-in deals for nintendogs. I told him that I read about a deal for trading in 3 gba games towards nintendogs online and he said "Oh, yeah, we are doing that but it doesn't begin until the 3rd week of this month."

Well, after a long process I finally got it to work at another one. I called up another store and after alot of requirement switching by the guy, I finally got it Nintendogs.

[quote name='Tide123']I live in the bay area and i called my EB..the guy asked his co-worker and then checked his computer..and he said the deal is active. just trade in three gba adv games for $30 towards nintendogs. he said i didn't need a coupon..so..yeah :)[/QUOTE]

do you mind telling me what store you went to? there are quit a few EB around here.

State College, PA EB has the deal and NO coupon is needed. This is the EB by Walmart off of N. Atherton... NOT the one in the nittany mall (which needs the coupon). The EB employee there was cool as hell, even posed as a customer to call the EB in the mall trying to get info on this coupon, lol. This is funny cuz Atherton's EB system said nothing about a coupon, and the one in the mall..2miles away..needs a coupon.

[quote name='evergoo']You beat me to the punch (posting, too).

Yeah, I am extremely irate right now. So much that words cannot describe it. I'm the one who was shafted by you. I've been closely following this deal, since it started and now I'm screwed.

That was very dishonorable for a CAGer to do. Oh yeah...these two copies of Nintendogs were for my girlfriend and my two little sisters in San Diego. And I am also Vietnamese.

And have fun with Sim City (SNES version)...for the first time.[/QUOTE]

Hey relax, it's just a game.

[quote name='Requiem']Hey relax, it's just a game.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention she apologized before even knowing you were a CAG and could read it...

Sadly, no cheap GBA games at GR for me to pick up. Saw a $6.99 and a $4.99, but that was it. Don't really feel like spending more than that to do this deal, guess I'll look elsewhere.

[quote name='evergoo']You beat me to the punch (posting, too).

And have fun with Sim City (SNES version)...for the first time.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully you've had a chance to calm down. Since you've been closely following this deal since it started, you know that it is supposed to require a coupon. Some people have gotten it without a coupon, nobody knows where the coupon is, but as things stand now, they are not supposed to allow it without the coupon (this may change, especially if it turns out that the coupon was never printed anywhere). You may feel that vietgurl screwed you, but there is a good chance that if she hadn't intervened, the manager would have gotten into trouble.

Should it make a difference that you were trying to get the games for your girlfriend and your sisters? Or that you are Vietnamese? I realize that vietgurl is Vietnamese, but does that mean she should have stood by and let someone get into trouble at work? These questions are all rhetorical, btw, as the answer to each of them is "No". You not getting the deal doesn't get anyone into trouble. It may piss you off, but it isn't going to cost anyone their job. It isn't all about you.

Well, I got a few minutes to kill before work, so im gonna share my story :)

I called an EB that I didn't try, and asked them about the deal. The manager of the store actually answered, and when I asked him about the deal, he told me that he just got off a conference with the DM I think, and they talked about how good the deal was. He told me that there were no restrictions, and that all I had to do was bring in the games. He also specifically said it. No mention of a coupon. So, since he never said anything about a coupon, I asked him if he would still be there, since one other time, there was a deal at EB where if you traded in some games, you would get like extra credit for it. When I called up an EB, the guy said that they were doing it, but when I went there, I totally got rejected. So, the manager on the phone told me that he was leaving, and that he would tell the guy working there that I was coming in so I wouldn't get shafted again.

Well, when I got there, I told the guy who I was, blah blah blah, and when he rang in the games, he was like "Oh, um, actually, its not letting me get the credit for you because you need a total of $5.00 credit from the games you trade in the GBA games." This totally threw me off track because I never heard this before, and I asked him why, he spent like a minutte explaining it to me, and I went into a zoned out mental state for some reason, and then I decided it was worth it to give another $1.25 because, hey, the game was practically free anyway. I didn't have any cash, and my friend who was there with me wanted to get out of there fast (credit card would have took several minutes to make the transaction), so he just gave the guy $1.25 Well, the employe, after pressing alot of keys, said that for some reason that the computer wouldn't let him do it. I had an extra game in my car, so I asked him if maybe inputting games that add up to $5.00 would make any difference instead of adding cash, and he said he didn't know, so we decided to try it.

During my trip back to the car with my friend, he called the manager, and the manager explained to him he needed to just give me $10.00 credit each game. So when I got back, the guy was like "um, I actually just called my manager and he told me how to ring up the deal. I was just like "Aw, man, I just walked 5 minutes to my car for nothing..." So, he gave my friend the $1.50 back, typed some more stuff into his computer, and told me that actually I could still trade in my other game for another $10.00 credit. I was thinking about doing this so it would cover tax, then I could have like 8 bucks to spare, and I would just spend it to buy Meteos. So I was like sure.

Then when he finished ringing it up, he said the total for the game would be 50 something, I forget exact, plus tax. I was just like what the heck, and said isn't it 29.99? He was like "Oh, didn't you want Zelda?". I responded by saying no, it was Nintendogs, and he did this face like "Whoa, what the heck I just thinking?" And said that I actually could have my game back. So in the end, I ended up pre-ordering Nintendogs, Buying Meteos, and got an Edge card with a whole $.01 on it.

Speaking of which, I've heard lots of people mention EDGE cards on the boards. What exactly does it do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back