Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='evergoo']You beat me to the punch (posting, too).

Yeah, I am extremely irate right now. So much that words cannot describe it. I'm the one who was shafted by you. I've been closely following this deal, since it started and now I'm screwed.

That was very dishonorable for a CAGer to do. Oh yeah...these two copies of Nintendogs were for my girlfriend and my two little sisters in San Diego. And I am also Vietnamese.

And have fun with Sim City (SNES version)...for the first time.[/QUOTE]

Dude, seriously. It's a 30 dollar game.

This is a nice deal, yeah, but don't freak out when it doesn't work.

Okay moojuice, I read that whole thing and I have just one question: how was going back to your car to get another game faster than using a credit card?

No, I went back to my car because he still couldn't get the deal to the work after forking the cash.

Also, can anyone tell me how this Edge card thingy works?

Quick question here... I read your wall of text, so you should be courteous and answer this.

Is it GBA games only? I'm pretty sure someone said they traded in console games, but I'm pretty tired. GBA games only? It's still worth it. I need to find my games!

Thanks in advance.

Oh, and BIG5 has a point.

[quote name='62t']do you mind telling me what store you went to? there are quit a few EB around here.[/QUOTE]

i live in san lorenzo. i called/went to the EB near Southland Mall in Hayward.

I Could not get it to work here in Fort Walton Beach, Fl. I went to my local EB during a break from work and the guy said that there was a deal and did not mention the coupon. So after work I went by there with 3 games and was almost done with the transaction when he noticed that I needed the coupon!
Needless to say, I went ahead and took what the trade ins were worth ($20) and paid the extra $10 to get my copy of Nintendogs. So close!

Yeah, I am extremely irate right now. So much that words cannot describe it. I'm the one who was shafted by you. I've been closely following this deal, since it started and now I'm screwed.

That was very dishonorable for a CAGer to do. Oh yeah...these two copies of Nintendogs were for my girlfriend and my two little sisters in San Diego. And I am also Vietnamese.

Hey man, Ryan's my friend and I really didn't want to get him into any trouble; I didn't want to screw anyone out of any deals or anything. If I didn't think that he might get in trouble, I would never have done that. I know it was dishonorable as a CAGer but I would have been a fucked up friend if I hadn't spoken up.

[quote name='Tide123']i live in san lorenzo. i called/went to the EB near Southland Mall in Hayward.[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much! I used to attend school in San Lorenzo and now lives in Haywad.

[quote name='vietgurl']Hey man, Ryan's my friend and I really didn't want to get him into any trouble; I didn't want to screw anyone out of any deals or anything. If I didn't think that he might get in trouble, I would never have done that. I know it was dishonorable as a CAGer but I would have been a fucked up friend if I hadn't spoken up.[/QUOTE]

Don't let him send you on a guilt trip... you did what you had to do. If it's down to risking your job to help someone here, I don't think it's worth it. It's not like they need the game to survive or anything.

Don't take that crap Vietgurl. You're just doing your job. I mean we're CAG's but one game isn't worth a CAG'ers job.

god damnit! i just bought some GBA games for $5 at gamestop and come back to realize the deal will probably be dead tomorrow! SHIT!

[quote name='moojuice']...so he just gave the guy $1.25...

So, he gave my friend the $1.50 back...

So in the end, I ended up pre-ordering Nintendogs, Buying Meteos, and got an Edge card with a whole $.01 on it.[/QUOTE]

And you even made 25 cents back on the cash swap - SWEET :D :D :D.

I went in tonight to the same EB (Clackamas Town Center for you Portand CAG's) I got one at last night and was able to reserve a different version - now I have Dach. and Lab. They changed the DS demos from yesterday (which was Kirby) to Nintendogs - so you can actually try the game out. I wish the kids were with me tonight!

Anyway, I had a little more trouble than last time. Luckily I brought in the receipt from before and with that and some phone calls she was able to work it out. At first she tried to tell me it didn't work because Iridion 3D was POX. Then she tried to call the manager but couldn't reach him. She asked if I could come back tomorow when he was there but I live kind of far from there so I said I could do some more shopping and check back later (so she could call again). When I came back she said he told her to override each price and make them $10. She said the normal trade value of my 3 games combined would have been $2.25! Yikes.

Anyway, it all worked out so I'm set. Two other EB's around here have NO idea about the promo - they think maybe they'll hear about it this week. That seems kind of odd, but it doesn't matter now as I'm done. Later, I went into one of the other stores just to check it out (it is a brand new store just minutes from the Mall store) and the guy said the Nintendo rep was just in and she told him nothing about Nintendogs.

Oh - I asked about the freebies and they don't have them yet so she wrote on the slip that I didn't pick them up yet. I guess normally you have to get your preorder freebies right away? I've never preordered anywhere but Gamerush -they never seem to have any of the bonus items anyway. Has anyone else gotten the Nintendogs preorder items from EB?

OH - and NO mention of any coupon during my two deals or in the phone discussions between the EB clerks and their managers. This coupon thing is very mysterious indeed.

[quote name='Gotchaforce']god damnit! i just bought some GBA games for $5 at gamestop and come back to realize the deal will probably be dead tomorrow! SHIT![/QUOTE]

Well, I wouldn't go that far. It could get much easier and more official tomorrow as well - could go either way :D.

[quote name='io']
Oh - I asked about the freebies and they don't have them yet so she wrote on the slip that I didn't pick them up yet. I guess normally you have to get your preorder freebies right away? I've never preordered anywhere but Gamerush -they never seem to have any of the bonus items anyway. Has anyone else gotten the Nintendogs preorder items from EB?
[/QUOTE]

They don't ever give you the preorder bonus early anymore, since you can just grab the bonus and cancel the preorder.

You get it the day you pick up the game, usually.

[quote name='Roufuss']They don't ever give you the preorder bonus early anymore, since you can just grab the bonus and cancel the preorder.

You get it the day you pick up the game, usually.[/QUOTE]

Interesting - she sure went through a lot of trouble writing long notes on my receipts to say I didn't pick them up yet though :D. Hey, given how much this deal cost me to swing, I won't complain if I never get the preorder bonus - I just didn't want to miss it in case they have limited amounts and I wasn't paying attention.

after a few days of following this thread, it seems like so much trouble to go through =P

my sister gathered up some gba fodder and ill be calling up an EB (maybe 2 or 3 if the first doesnt work) and making sure that the deals work with them before going and getting in on the offer. i'm going to the fairfax, va EB on Pickett... wondering if anyone has had success there perchance?

Erm, actually, I missed the 2 on the keypad, he gave my friend back $1.25, so I did come out with a $0.01 profit I guess. Whoops.

Did anyone else get an Edge Card too that didn't already have one?

[quote name='SAGExSDX']after a few days of following this thread, it seems like so much trouble to go through =P

my sister gathered up some gba fodder and ill be calling up an EB (maybe 2 or 3 if the first doesnt work) and making sure that the deals work with them before going and getting in on the offer. i'm going to the fairfax, va EB on Pickett... wondering if anyone has had success there perchance?[/QUOTE]

Good luck, let us know (I'm especially interested as I will be able to get to the Fairfax one if it turns out well).

[quote name='SAGExSDX']after a few days of following this thread, it seems like so much trouble to go through =P

my sister gathered up some gba fodder and ill be calling up an EB (maybe 2 or 3 if the first doesnt work) and making sure that the deals work with them before going and getting in on the offer. i'm going to the fairfax, va EB on Pickett... wondering if anyone has had success there perchance?[/QUOTE]

Even if your EBs rejects you when you call, don't give up. Call back the next day so you can talk to someone else. I called the same 2 EBs everyday for three days until I found a guy who knew of it and let me do it. So 1 out of 6 worked for me.

I just got the latest Streetwise newsletter and here is the latest news on the Streetwise coupon:

"Please read what the industry is saying about this title and help us spread the positive word. As always, EB Games is the best place to go to grab all your favorite games. As we get ready to refresh the EB Team, we’d first like to thank everyone who contributed to the experience, like these fine Teamers who recently hyped EB with style. The new Team will be helping us promote a cool new summer promotion involving tons of pre-played games and a hot new convertible to win. "

I would suggest getting on Streetwise.co and subscribing right away as the coupon will probably be in one of their emails.

Hey, I've not gone, but if you do have any luck, tell me, because the Fairfax EB isn't far from me. I'll be going to the North Point EB in Reston, well, calling them, actually. If I can get it to work at any stores closeby me, I'll let you know, since the shouldn't be too far from you. I'm going to try Dulles Town Center, Reston, and Tyson's Corner. You tell me if you get anything.

i got in on this yesterday. i called ahead and the guy working said i didn't need a coupon. it took him a while to get the deal to go through, but in the end i now have a voucher for free nintendogs.

[quote name='Follandboy']I just got the latest Streetwise newsletter and here is the latest news on the Streetwise coupon:

"Please read what the industry is saying about this title and help us spread the positive word. As always, EB Games is the best place to go to grab all your favorite games. As we get ready to refresh the EB Team, we’d first like to thank everyone who contributed to the experience, like these fine Teamers who recently hyped EB with style. The new Team will be helping us promote a cool new summer promotion involving tons of pre-played games and a hot new convertible to win. "

I would suggest getting on Streetwise.co and subscribing right away as the coupon will probably be in one of their emails.[/QUOTE]

This wording sounds like it already was in one of their emails . . .

Just to let everyone know that may be in the NE area of Philadelphia, I just got in on this. I thought I would have a hard time but I called up the local EB Games which is about 1 mile down the road an hour ago. I asked if he knew anything about the deal and he says "One second..." and 20 secs later he comes back on and says "Yeah, any three GBA games for Nintendogs" so I said great I'll be right over. First try worked out great, and NOTHING mentioned at all about a coupon. What a GREAT deal and I want to thank the original poster for finding this for us. I dumped off Defender (Horrible remake of the original I got free), Tony Hawk and ESPN Golf 2002 and in turn got Nintendogs Dachshund.

For the record the store was EBGames in Shelly's Plaza on Frankford Ave in NE Phila.

Good luck guys, this deal DOES work.

So where can I get 3 cheap GBA games to trade in? I don't have any crap ones. The crappiest one (actually, cheapest, defintely awesome) I had was Jet Grind Radio and I just traded it for Feel The Magic.

I looked at Gamecrazy and GS.. I couldn't find any cheapy GBA games! I would look at EB but they won't let you trade it what you just bought.:whistle2:(

Well crap. Seems that between all this waiting around to see if a coupon would surface and worrying about how I'd pick up my game if I'd moved back to college, I missed out. According to what I was told at the Fleming Island (Orange Park,FL) store, their promo ended when the new month began (he even checked the computer). The clerk told me the deal was trade in three GBA games for $25 towards Nintendogs. I didn't bother to ask whether or not a coupon was involved, since it was over anyway. My the variations this promo has...

C'est la vie. I guess I'll see what's up at the store close to my new apartment when I move-in in two weeks.

[quote name='schultzed']This wording sounds like it already was in one of their emails . . .[/QUOTE]

I have been a Streetwise member ever since the whole "Cash 4 Stash" deal 6 months ago or so. This is the only email I have gotten from Streetwise in the past month.

[quote name='Vinny']I looked at Gamecrazy and GS.. I couldn't find any cheapy GBA games! I would look at EB but they won't let you trade it what you just bought.:whistle2:([/QUOTE]

I don't know about that...I was just over there at EB when I got my Nintendogs preorder in and I found quite a few preowned $4.99 crapfests like Fire Pro Wrestling in the case. Gamestop doesn't seem to have anything below $7 or $8.

Just grab a 3 $4.99 ones from EB, then go to a different EB if it makes you feel better and you can get Nintendogs for at least $15 and change. Still better than $29.99, especially if you were really interested in it. And who isn't interested in rubbing little digital puppies? :D

[quote name='Womp']I don't know about that...I was just over there at EB when I got my Nintendogs preorder in and I found quite a few preowned $4.99 crapfests like Fire Pro Wrestling in the case. Gamestop doesn't seem to have anything below $7 or $8.

Just grab a 3 $4.99 ones from EB, then go to a different EB if it makes you feel better and you can get Nintendogs for at least $15 and change. Still better than $29.99, especially if you were really interested in it. And who isn't interested in rubbing little digital puppies? :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'll probably have to do that... but only other EB near me is a pain in the ass to get to. It's only a 15 minute drive (30 minute total) but roads are crap.

Oh well, I got about $25 so maybe I can pick up 5 titles and throw in one of my own.

And Nintendogs owns! I played the kiosk demo and damn was it fun!:D

[quote name='Follandboy']I have been a Streetwise member ever since the whole "Cash 4 Stash" deal 6 months ago or so. This is the only email I have gotten from Streetwise in the past month.[/QUOTE]

Any insider information available yet on the hard-to-find coupon? :D

Boy, this deal is all over the place. I just called 5 stores on LI. Here were my responses:

EB/East Meadow - heard of the deal, but it is not starting until Thurs or Fri (call back)
EB/Westbury-Source Mall - have not heard of deal (just the lunch bag promo) - It sounded like he just may not have wanted to honor it, but that is just my feeling after speaking to him
EB/Hicksville - Broadway Mall - have the deal, then some guy in the background said you needed the coupon but doesn't know where to find it
EB/Massapequa-Sunrise Mall - nothing available (they seemed clueless, I may have to call again in a couple days)
EB/Huntington-Walt Whitman Mall - YES! bring your 3 GBA games in, no mention of a coupon

It looks like I am off to get my 3 cheapass GBA games.

The EB is San Jose on Saratoga Ave. honored the deal without a coupon for me. They know you're supposed to have a coupon but seem not to care. I only reserved one, so I don't know if they'd honor it more than once for somebody looking to make money off of this though.

[quote name='Vinny']I looked at Gamecrazy and GS.. I couldn't find any cheapy GBA games! I would look at EB but they won't let you trade it what you just bought.:whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Really? I bought some there and used it on the deal. The guy just scanned the game, then hit a button, then scanned it again (Scan once to buy it, then scan again to trade it in)

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']Any insider information available yet on the hard-to-find coupon? :D[/QUOTE]

Unfortunatly, No. The only thing I can supply is that they are going to relaunch the EBgames team on Streetwise in the beginning of August. With that they say that they will have exclusive deals on pre-played games.

I went to my local today and the manager was the one staffing the store. I talked to him about it and he found the deal in the computer. He took my 3 games and punched them all in. Everything was going well until the computer stopped him. He said I needed a coupon, but he didn't know what streetwise was. So he did more checking and claimed that the coupon was an EB coupon, though he had never seen it. So he sent an email to someone (assuming DM) and they told him to call marketing. At this point I had been in the mall for about an hour and a half and had to catch a bus back to work. So he said he would take my preorder and keep calling Marketing trying to find out what the heck is going on. He said to come back later and if all works out (if he finds the coupon, or some other development) that he would take my games for it. Bleh. And yesterday they claimed I didn't need a coupon.

:(

[quote name='KongaKing']Really? I bought some there and used it on the deal. The guy just scanned the game, then hit a button, then scanned it again (Scan once to buy it, then scan again to trade it in)[/QUOTE]

Yeah I don't see the issue really, I mean just buy them, bring em home...take off those stupid yellow preowned pricetags (Which would be coming off anyway if I bought them to keep) and go back over later.

Its definitely WEIRD concerning this whole coupon business. I think the best thing to do is if/when you manage to get this deal smoothly with no probs, provide the store info for other CAG members that may be in that area that they can also make in on this great offer. This morning I got a little list of the billion EBGames stores that seem to be littered around the area with the idea I'd have to be calling around (Like a few others mentioned) to find someone who had a clue about what was going on. I was TOTALLY shocked when I struck gold on my first call to the closest store on the list. No coupon, no hassles no nothing. I walked in, said "Hi, I called earlier about the Nintendogs offer" he says "Sure man no problem, do you have the games?"...Put them on the counter, he tapped em in...asked me what version I wanted, I said "Dachshund", asked for my name and phone number...got my reciept and left.

I can't wait to play this....For me the main benefit of this deal is now I can afford to get Advance Wars Dual Strike since before there was no way the wife would have allowed me to get BOTH these games on release day. :(

[quote name='tinskat']Boy, this deal is all over the place. I just called 5 stores on LI. Here were my responses:

EB/East Meadow - heard of the deal, but it is not starting until Thurs or Fri (call back)
EB/Westbury-Source Mall - have not heard of deal (just the lunch bag promo) - It sounded like he just may not have wanted to honor it, but that is just my feeling after speaking to him
EB/Hicksville - Broadway Mall - have the deal, then some guy in the background said you needed the coupon but doesn't know where to find it
EB/Massapequa-Sunrise Mall - nothing available (they seemed clueless, I may have to call again in a couple days)
EB/Huntington-Walt Whitman Mall - YES! bring your 3 GBA games in, no mention of a coupon

It looks like I am off to get my 3 cheapass GBA games.[/QUOTE]

I was at the sunrise mall last night and there was a line out the door for reasons i dont know. but ive never seen it so busy. not even on a system release

I just got off the phone with a District Manager of Electronics Boutique discussing the deal of trading in any three GBA games and get Nintendogs free.

Firstly, he want ed to know where I heard of this deal, I just told him a website, and he knew it was this site. He told me that the deal was never to be made public as of yet. He said that they are trying to figure out who posted the deal as they have had a lot of feedback regarding this deal.

He said starting tommarrow (Wednesday) they will start this deal:

TRADE IN ANY 4 GBA GAMES AND GET NINTENDOGS FREE.

I then asked if I had 8 or 12 GBA games if I could reserve multiple copies and he said YES, as long as you reserve differnt versions of the deal.

He then said that Streetwise will begin issueing the coupon latter this week and the deal still stands TRADE IN ANY 3 GBA GAMES W/ THE STREETWISE COUPON AND GET NINTENDOGS FREE. I asked how to get the coupon and he said that the coupon is not out yet, and he said I should check Streetwise.com.

I hope this helps everyone out who is having trouble with this deal.

[quote name='Womp']Yeah I don't see the issue really, I mean just buy them, bring em home...take off those stupid yellow preowned pricetags (Which would be coming off anyway if I bought them to keep) and go back over later.[/QUOTE]

I didn't even bring mine home. I just told the guy I was a game short, and picked out a 5 dollar game. Told him I was going to buy it and trade it right back in. he did it all in one transaction even.

[quote name='CheapyD']I am going to merge this post with the other thread and cut and paste your post into the OP.[/QUOTE]

Thats fine CheapyD. I just wanted everyone to find out the truth without having to dig through the other Thread.

Here is the truth as posted on the streetwise message board:

Thanks for asking about the Nintendogs coupons. They are currently being developed and will soon ship out to any EB Team member who told us they'd be willing to promote Nintendogs in a survey that went out a little while back.

As far as the Team goes, we will soon be refreshing the Team, not closing it. Those who did a kick ass job will be invited back. The new Team will be in the new single Team format, meaning swag will go out to those who were the most active.

The refreshing of the Team will not effect the timing of the coupons going out to the Team

So it doesnt look like you get the coupon unless you were on the team before...

[quote name='SaraAB']
So it doesnt look like you get the coupon unless you were on the team before...[/QUOTE]

Or unless someone posts it and you print it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back