Gamestop: $10 off Pre-owned $29.99+ Exp. 9/30 (code works instore only)

SEGAMew

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Was at the mall's food court and saw an Gamestop partnered with Coca-Cola advert type of thing, text a number and led me to this code that is the same code they give you no matter what phone numbers you text them with.

Coupon code: EBC3034713

Expires 9/30/2012

I tried to do this online and code wasn't valid, so in-store only guys! Utilize that In-store pick up :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I hope my gamestop lets me get two games on two seperate transactions. They have both mario kart 7 and NSMB 2 so geting both for $50 would be a steal since you know the values will never drop at gamestop.(Oh and I only have 1 gamestop within 40 miles of where I live :()

[quote name='xenozfan2']Man, I hope my gamestop lets me get two games on two seperate transactions. They have both mario kart 7 and NSMB 2 so geting both for $50 would be a steal since you know the values will never drop at gamestop.(Oh and I only have 1 gamestop within 40 miles of where I live :()[/QUOTE]

You could have Coke buddy #1 buy Mario Kart 7 and Coke buddy #2 buy NSMB for you.... :)

I was able to stack the pur 25% coupon and the coke code.
Ghost recon 14.62
Disc 8.75 promo 13717
Disc 10.00 promo 13654
Disc 1.62 powerup card 10%

The store before it separated my purchase into 2 transactions. He said the computer said it couldn't do 2 coupons. Ymmv on the stack I guess.

Did ghost recon future ps3 only come as the limited version?

[quote name='Toss']I was able to stack the pur 25% coupon and the coke code.
Ghost recon 14.62
Disc 8.75 promo 13717
Disc 10.00 promo 13654

The store before it separated my purchase into 2 transactions. He said the computer said it couldn't do 2 coupons. Ymmv on the stack I guess.

Did ghost recon future ps3 only come as the limited version?[/QUOTE]

That's really awesome you got it to stack. I might give it a try this weekend sometime. I guess I need to redeem one of those $25 codes on poweruprewards.com before sunday.

Thanks to the OP. I was able to buy Ghost Recon Future Soldier for $22. It also came with the Gamestop Preorder bonus DLC code with extra Guns and Camo and stuff. I was shocked it worked.

[quote name='Toss']I was able to stack the pur 25% coupon and the coke code.
Ghost recon 14.62
Disc 8.75 promo 13717
Disc 10.00 promo 13654

Did ghost recon future ps3 only come as the limited version?[/QUOTE]

Did it require a manager override? a 16GB vita memory card for $27 sounds great... Assuming I'm doing my math right. $50-20%=40-10=30-10%=$27.

No override (not that I know of), she said it might not work but that she would try it. The manager was helping somone else on the other computer.

I will have to try it this weekend then. And I just noticed they changed the deal of the week. I knew I should have redeemed that 20% off preowned coupon. The new one says games so I'm not sure it would work with accessories.

Going to try this tomorrow. I dont have a text plan, just google voice. So I just copied the text from the thread someone posted and sent it to my gf and then she sent it to me. So if they ask I'll just show them on my phone the message. Although looks weird as it says MY NAME: Simon: Great pic!...

[quote name='SEGAMew']It would supposed to be $22.49 after PUR, unless the register is hotwired to calculate PUR before coupons XP[/QUOTE]

Gravity Rush is the same price & yup, mine was $22.49 + tax as well.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Any PUR coupons will not work with this. I tried early to combine the $10 off with a $5 off pre-owned coupon and it wouldn't take.[/QUOTE]

I was able to use a $10 off any pre-owned PUR coupon with the Coke code to get Dragons Dogma (360) for $31 an change. No over ride required.

Note the 25% code and $10 code do stack as I reported in the other thread yesterday, but the coke code will only work 1 time per transaction. The 25% code is a 1 time use code. So you need to plan accordingly. You also need to justify the 10,000 points to buy it as a $10 off pre owned coupon normally is 8-10 K.

[quote name='slowdive21']Ended up turning $72.83 in GS credit into $144.90 in BB credit. I kept a 2.99 wii game because I didn't want to trade in 2 of the same game. I would have had more credit, but they wouldn't let me use the coke coupon again to buy another game. I had to use the 25% off coupon.

Just for reference:

The discounts come off in this order. They recently changed how coupons are processed.

1) 25% off code comes off first
2) $10 coke code
3) PUR

So a 37.99 game ends up being 16.64! :hot:

If you plan on using both promos, you need to buy the 29.99+ games separate using the coke code, except for your most expensive game.

Then buy your most expensive game and everything else with the 25% code and the coke code to maximize the discount.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Licasguy']I was able to use a $10 off any pre-owned PUR coupon with the Coke code to get Dragons Dogma (360) for $31 an change. No over ride required.[/QUOTE]
Cool, I was hoping I could use both. Will try this later.

I can't believe this shit. I tried using the code at my GameStop, and was told that since they hadn't heard anything from corporate, he couldn't even attempt to use the code. Then he gave me a 800 number to call, and I got the same fucking answer.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']I can't believe this shit. I tried using the code at my GameStop, and was told that since they hadn't heard anything from corporate, he couldn't even attempt to use the code. Then he gave me a 800 number to call, and I got the same fucking answer.[/QUOTE]

While I haven't personally tried using my code yet, I would just try to go to another gamestop (or that same store when someone else is working). The high amount of success on this thread suggests that it's simply just a employee who wants to be a pain in the ass.

So I talked to somebody else from the 800 number, and I shit you not; the guy tells me to just run with it. "Don't show them(GameStop employee) your cards. They don't need to know where you got the code from!"

I'm laughing while hearing this.

So I went to a different store and got the same treatment as the first one, but after telling them what 'corporate' had told me, they honored the code. Jesus Christ, all this shit for $10. C'mon gamestop that literally nothing for you guys.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']So I talked to somebody else from the 800 number, and I shit you not; the guy tells me to just run with it. "Don't show them(GameStop employee) your cards. They don't need to know where you got the code from!"

I'm laughing while hearing this.

So I went to a different store and got the same treatment as the first one, but after telling them what 'corporate' had told me, they honored the code. Jesus Christ, all this shit for $10. C'mon gamestop that literally nothing for you guys.[/QUOTE]

What you get? Heading over their in a sec but not sure what to get. Maybe a Mario game for 3ds.

[quote name='209chromatic']What you get? Heading over their in a sec but not sure what to get. Maybe a Mario game for 3ds.[/QUOTE]

MGS HD collection :)

sent them a pic of a can of dr.pepper saying "this stuff is better."

got told to fuck off (kidding) 10 dollar off a 29.99+ used game at GS.

Edit: Red Dead Redemption: GOTY is 27.99 used online. I'm going to wait forever to try and get it at 19.99 huh? Well I'll just request it as a present at some point. That's how I got Heavy Rain last year.

Code worked at Gilbert Crossroads in AZ. Cashier took the code and then stacked my PUR $10 off coupon on a used Darksiders 2 for a total of 29.49.

[quote name='jasonfletc']Code worked at Gilbert Crossroads in AZ. Cashier took the code and then stacked my PUR $10 off coupon on a used Darksiders 2 for a total of 29.49.[/QUOTE]

Goddamn it. I tried to do this EXACT thing today, and was told only one coupon per transaction. fucking gamestop.

[quote name='sasukekun']Bought a pre-owned copy of New Super Mario Bros 2 for ~$22.[/QUOTE]

Every time I see a post by you, I find myself staring at that damn cat for at least 5 minutes. JUST LOOK AT IT IT'S ADORABLE.

I'm bummed I couldn't find any Tales of Graces F. Went to the Gamestop at the nearest mall at campus and went home for the weekend for the nearest stores too. I ended up getting MGS: HD Collection PS3 for $24. Is that a good deal? Seems there's never a price drop for the PS3 version.

By the way can I use the code more than once or is it one per account?

[quote name='TKtheknight']I'm bummed I couldn't find any Tales of Graces F. Went to the Gamestop at the nearest mall at campus and went home for the weekend for the nearest stores too. I ended up getting MGS: HD Collection PS3 for $24. Is that a good deal? Seems there's never a price drop for the PS3 version.

By the way can I use the code more than once or is it one per account?[/QUOTE]

Infinite uses. A-hole employees are the only thing standing between you and lots if sweet deals.

@FIF - Awesome! The employee today didn't even hesitate and just input the code after I said I got a code, check out my cell. He reads it and just enters it. Piece of cake.

@Jackovasarus - Nice! We both got MGS: HD Collection. I took the last used copy on shelf and was surprised no one picked it up. It seems hard to find that and Tales of Graces F.

[quote name='S1mplyPr1celess']I text the number and got Service Access Denied. If someone will be willing to PM me a code I would greatly appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

The code is in the original post of this thread. You don't need it on your phone. I just wrote it down on a sticky note and handed it to the cashier. He typed it in without any hesitation and I was on my way with Tales of Graces F for $26ish after tax.

[quote name='S1mplyPr1celess']I text the number and got Service Access Denied. If someone will be willing to PM me a code I would greatly appreciate it.[/QUOTE]
The code is the same.

Just grab the one from the original post

Thanks OP. I'll be trying to use this code all month if need be. I've already picked up :ps3: Max Payne for $22.49 & :ps3: Atelier Meruru with art book for $31.49. Good stuff!

Thanks OP. Used code and got Final Fantasy Theatrhythm (spelling) for $27ish after taxes. Mint complete copy. The game is sweet for FF fans. May use it again since its good till 9/30

Did everyone here used the code without using a phone? My phone doesn't allow me to reply to messages with pictures.....

[quote name='CaoPi']Did everyone here used the code without using a phone? My phone doesn't allow me to reply to messages with pictures.....[/QUOTE]You should be fine if you write down the code from the OP on a slip of paper and hand it to the cashier for him/her to enter.

They still won't let people use the code more than 1 time in my 'district' they have a conference call in the morning to see if it can be reused.

Got the last Tales of Graces F at Luke AFB. Had a hard time getting the code to work. Guy said it needed some dashes or something but I said try it anyways and the code went through. Oh well cheap game and paid for with store credit so I'm happy.

[quote name='TheHelix']Got the last Tales of Graces F at Luke AFB. Had a hard time getting the code to work. Guy said it needed some dashes or something but I said try it anyways and the code went through. Oh well cheap game and paid for with store credit so I'm happy.[/QUOTE]

Hah, I almost went there for that too. I ended up hitting one in Avondale for a copy, had no issues with the code at all.

[quote name='CaoPi']Did everyone here used the code without using a phone? My phone doesn't allow me to reply to messages with pictures.....[/QUOTE]

I just acted like I had the code on my phone and hold the employee I had a code texted to me from a coke promotion. They just asked for the code and I told them it. No problems. One employee was unsure itd work because he thought it was too short but he hit enter and saw it go thru.

wonder what the likelihood of finding doa5 or borderlands 2 used before this expires are.

Does this only work with games $29.99 or above or can you use it with a group of games totaling over that amount?

Picked up Pokemon Conquest today. Funniest thing was the CSR asked me how I got the code so he could get one. He said he was talking to another employee about it 5 minutes before I came in but they didn't know how to get it.

bread's done
Back