Gamestop: $10 off Pre-owned $29.99+ Exp. 9/30 (code works instore only)

SEGAMew

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Was at the mall's food court and saw an Gamestop partnered with Coca-Cola advert type of thing, text a number and led me to this code that is the same code they give you no matter what phone numbers you text them with.

Coupon code: EBC3034713

Expires 9/30/2012

I tried to do this online and code wasn't valid, so in-store only guys! Utilize that In-store pick up :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slowdive21']They still won't let people use the code more than 1 time in my 'district' they have a conference call in the morning to see if it can be reused.[/QUOTE]

Same. Got an email the other day saying customers must show proof of text message on their phone now to use the code.

[quote name='joeyshadows']Tempted to pick up Catherine. My friend is balls deep in love with that game.[/QUOTE]Um...I...uh...

I'll just leave that alone. :whistle2:\"

[quote name='joeyshadows']Tempted to pick up Catherine. My friend is balls deep in love with that game.[/QUOTE]

A pretty amusing comment considering an endgame spoiler regarding one of the game's characters.

Man, I guess it was fun while it lasted. The last time I went into GS the manager said that the stores in the area have been notified to not allow the coupon to be used anymore unless you can prove you aven't used it and have the actual text message as evidence. Can they tell if you used the promo via their tracking system? Maybe at that store, but at other stores too? I dont see how they can do that personally since the promo is a corporate thing and the fine print says nothing about one per customer and isn't unique. Seems like a regional manger going on a power trip.

I showed him the actual text and he ended up doing it for me. Partly because he F'ED up a trade in I did last week. Everytime I go in he gets worried I want to do some weird promo. The time he screwed up I wanted to buy some b2g1 wii games, use the 30% bonus on hardware with preorder and the 50% bonus. He only gave me 30% on the games and had a hard time trying to fix it. I ended up getting another 10%, but he still left me with 10% I didn't get. I gave up as it was only $3 or so. But he's been helpful to me ever since even though I often only take advantage of the promos and always cancel the preorders I make for those promos.

Code worked, I bought KH3D for $30, then found a copy on craigslist for 20, so I returned my copy to gamestop and the manager mentioned that after looking the deal up, he said it doesn't actually apply to used games but to new games instead. odd.

this entire promotion seems so sketchy

[quote name='tunavi']Code worked, I bought KH3D for $30, then found a copy on craigslist for 20, so I returned my copy to gamestop and the manager mentioned that after looking the deal up, he said it doesn't actually apply to used games but to new games instead. odd.

this entire promotion seems so sketchy[/QUOTE]

LOL... this looks like something GS corporate worked with Coke and didn't tell anyone about. I would love to pick up any new game $10 off.

Meanwhile, I'll keep hitting refresh on Tekken Tag 2 used in my area until this coupon gets pulled. I doubt it will make it all the way to expiration date without being pulled or "modified."

Edit: sent a coke pic to the number to get the actual text message, just in case they start checking phones. Got the code back in 10 seconds. :)

n1060563957_296586_4139%5B1%5D.jpg

This was the image I used a couple minutes ago and it worked just fine.

Wow! I can't believe I just found about this today! A quick question if you guys don't mind answer, if i want two items i should buy them separately and use the code twice correct? otherwise they only take $10 for only one game, or it will take them off for both in one transaction.

[quote name='LD_Helix']Wow! I can't believe I just found about this today! A quick question if you guys don't mind answer, if i want two items i should buy them separately and use the code twice correct? otherwise they only take $10 for only one game, or it will take them off for both in one transaction.[/QUOTE]

Two transactions and you are good.

Thanks for bringing this to light. I used the code today to get the newly reduced Spec Ops The Line for Xbox 360 for $25 plus tax!

[quote name='Jack_Frost']Ok now my question is...do we just write the code down and give it to the employee or what? Will they ask for a text verification?[/QUOTE]
FYI, GameStop employees (like myself) are being informed that they cannot accept the code without seeing the text message.

For anyone wondering, I was able to use both the $10 promo code and a 4000 point PUR coupon for $5 off a used game on the sale price of a used copy of Skyrim.

[quote name='alihoopz43']FYI, GameStop employees (like myself) are being informed that they cannot accept the code without seeing the text message.[/QUOTE]
I assume you guys caught wind....

[quote name='Deader2818']I dont get why it even matters, why does game stop care if you actually send a picture to coke?[/QUOTE]
Because it's a joint program. They want you to start drinking more coke and buy more games simultaneously.

How long's it take to get your code? I sent my picture, didn't receive a reply for an hour, so I resent the GAME text and it now says that I've already received my code... wtf?

Just to let everyone know i did a return with this code and the employee may have been new but he gave me the full amount for a NEW Ncaa 13. And i told him i wanted to use it for borderlands 2 so i essentially got it free. As i traded in some old games for NCAA 13. Just thought i would brag a little :)

Got denied using this code with 10 PUR coupons. Wasn't mad, Still used this code to get Metal gear Solid HD collection for 22.49. Pay for with a gift card. I was able to just show him the code I didn't need to show him the text or anything either.

[quote name='j.t']Got denied using this code with 10 PUR coupons. Wasn't mad, Still used this code to get Metal gear Solid HD collection for 22.49. Pay for with a gift card. I was able to just show him the code I didn't need to show him the text or anything either.[/QUOTE]

overkil much?

thank you op but I was late to the party finding this and I just got back from gs and ghost recon future soldier was back above $45 used great game but can't pull the trigger on that and there is no other games I can find at $29.99 that I want or think will not below the price w/coupon very soon new but I still have till the end of the month so hopefully something will come up

BAM!
Paid $12.75 cash for Sleeping Dogs!
Used coke promo and a $5 off PUR code, a $10 gift card from GS for a preorder I never picked up 2 years ago and I used my deposit for Black Ops 2 that I cancelled from GS to get BB giftcard instead.

I just texted them twice and no reply. I don't know if this got mentioned in the thread but there are apps that allow you to fake a text message, certainly looks better than just a number on a post it note.

[quote name='kipz']I just texted them twice and no reply. I don't know if this got mentioned in the thread but there are apps that allow you to fake a text message, certainly looks better than just a number on a post it note.[/QUOTE]

Text it to someone or yourself and just change the name in the phone book if you want. Assuming you have a smart phone.

Simon: Great pic! $10 off GameStop promo code: EBC3034713. Good 4 used game $29.99+ @ any GameStop, exp 9/30. Reply w.fav Simon Mall 2 join Mobile Shopper Club!

Anyone recommend Spec Ops?

[quote name='joeyshadows']Text it to someone or yourself and just change the name in the phone book if you want. Assuming you have a smart phone.

Simon: Great pic! $10 off GameStop promo code: EBC3034713. Good 4 used game $29.99+ @ any GameStop, exp 9/30. Reply w.fav Simon Mall 2 join Mobile Shopper Club!

Anyone recommend Spec Ops?[/QUOTE]

spec ops was one of my favorite games of the year

[quote name='breakingcustoms']spec ops was one of my favorite games of the year[/QUOTE]

How's the "multiplayer"? If you played it at all.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']i played through the story 3 times, kinda skipped multiplayer[/QUOTE]
Thanks man. Might just have to give it a shot.

Mmm, there's a used copy of Tekken Tag 2 in a store near me... $48 - $10 - 10% PUp = ~$34.19+tax.

Should I jump on that?

[quote name='apterous']Mmm, there's a used copy of Tekken Tag 2 in a store near me... $48 - $10 - 10% PUp = ~$34.19+tax.

Should I jump on that?[/QUOTE]

Duh! TO get a game that just came out this week for $34 is great.

[quote name='joeyshadows']How's the "multiplayer"? If you played it at all.[/QUOTE]

It's passable but it was tacked on. Even Yager (the devs) didn't want to do multi.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Duh! TO get a game that just came out this week for $34 is great.[/QUOTE]

Picked it up! Manager said it "would be the first time a code like that has ever worked," and of course it worked. :)

Tomorrow I got hunting for a used copy of Ar Tonelico Qoga. Wish me luck.

Now I'm off to play!

[quote name='apterous']Picked it up! Manager said it "would be the first time a code like that has ever worked," and of course it worked. :)

Tomorrow I got hunting for a used copy of Ar Tonelico Qoga. Wish me luck.

Now I'm off to play![/QUOTE]

Did your come with online pass? My did and guess what it work!!! now i can return my $60 preordered copy lol.

thanks to SEGAMew for the code!

i sharpied the code on some blank receipt paper.
(also wasted the time texting myself with the message.)

they were cool with the paper and knew right off the bat it was the coke promo and a good deal. no fuss about lets see the txt message.

snagged Dot.Hack: Part 4 Quarantine (with .hack//Liminality disc) @ $24.99 after the code was applied.
no case, or manual. i probably shoulda checked out some of these trade lists maybe coulda done better.

anyone got some scans of Dot.Hack 3 & 4 covers (or a good site, are there any sites that deal in ordering just the cases and manuals; im kinda doubtful)? or a lead on where i might get a dual disc case like the originals?

picked up the 360 version of Sleeping Dogs for $31

all of the reps including the store manager were floored when i showed them the code, and even more surprised when i showed it wasn't a one-time use code

probably going back tomorrow for something else

just used the code for a 2nd time i got starfox 64 3d just handed the gamestop employee a piece of paper with the code written on it

thanks OP

Found a nearby Gamestop with a used Madden Vita, obviously the pack-in with the bundle since it had no case. $25 for it--I may yet trade it in to Best Buy since it looks like it's good there for $26 after all of the trade-in bonuses. Either way, thanks for posting this coupon code. One of the two associates behind the counter gave me a "Huh?" look when I had the other associate enter a coupon code that I recited from memory, but I explained that it was from a Coke promotion. He was surprised, but understood what was going on.

Think you could use this coupon along with a PUR coupon for money off a generic item or money off a pre owned game?

bread's done
Back