Gamestop 50% off Preowned External Xbox 360 Hard Drives

[quote name='nightmare452']Good deal op. To bad I already got a 120GB one for my phat 360. It a 250 GB one were available, I would have jumped on it prob.[/QUOTE]

I'm needing a 250gb also. Since being on CAG my 120gb HDD sure filled up quick

I had the 120hdd for the phat system but I opened it up and now it works on my slim.

But I am not surprised GS is selling them so cheap last time I try to trade anything they wanted to give me $6 credit for 120hdd.

[quote name='aspen1284']Wish this was in store as well. Im still going on my original 20gb![/QUOTE]

I agree. They probably have a ton sitting on the shelves they could easily get rid of right now and still make some money off them.

[quote name='aspen1284']Wish this was in store as well. Im still going on my original 20gb![/QUOTE]

why wounldn't it be instore. Just go in and show them the page. They would have to honor it and if you are a member 10% discount.

[quote name='jaygood17']I think it is. It says pick up in store. How hard is it to transfer your stuff over?[/QUOTE]

You need a transfer kit (cable and disc). Although you could in theory do it via a USB thumb drive.

[quote name='jaygood17']I think it is. It says pick up in store. How hard is it to transfer your stuff over?[/QUOTE]

It shows up at regular price when pick up in store is selected.

[quote name='scottman']Does Gamestop ensure these are legitimate, or are you likely to get a knockoff?[/QUOTE]

99% they should be legit unless someone has traded in a non-legit one and it wasn't caught when it was refurbed.

[quote name='kill3r7']You need a transfer kit (cable and disc). Although you could in theory do it via a USB thumb drive.[/QUOTE]

try to find a used transfer cable once your done with it return it. Thats what I did at GS.

[quote name='scottman']Does Gamestop ensure these are legitimate, or are you likely to get a knockoff?[/QUOTE]

does gamestop really check anything? people could sell a banned 360 to Gamestop and they'd never know. as far as i know, Gamestop just booted up the 360 and launched a game to see if it worked.

as for legitimacy of the hard drive, did Chinese knockoffs really bother with small 20 GB and 60 GB drives? I understand for 120 GB and 250 GB but was it worth the effort for the smaller ones?

[quote name='dirtyvu']does gamestop really check anything? people could sell a banned 360 to Gamestop and they'd never know. as far as i know, Gamestop just booted up the 360 and launched a game to see if it worked.

as for legitimacy of the hard drive, did Chinese knockoffs really bother with small 20 GB and 60 GB drives? I understand for 120 GB and 250 GB but was it worth the effort for the smaller ones?[/QUOTE]60GBs never came into play because they came out after the 120GB drives were released.

20GBs were also never worth it either because of size. Price difference between a 20GB and a 120GB wasn't that big, even back in the day.

[quote name='Shimrra']I had the 120hdd for the phat system but I opened it up and now it works on my slim.

But I am not surprised GS is selling them so cheap last time I try to trade anything they wanted to give me $6 credit for 120hdd.[/QUOTE]

Say what? You can open up a phat system HD and have it work on a slim? Is this hard to do?

It won't let me use my $20 off online coupon. It says 'excludes consoles' but HHD technically is an accessory not a console. Ugh.

[quote name='chuckywang']Say what? You can open up a phat system HD and have it work on a slim? Is this hard to do?[/QUOTE]

Checkout YouTube for instructions but be warned that MS might ban you for doing this.

[quote name='kill3r7']Checkout YouTube for instructions but be warned that MS might ban you for doing this.[/QUOTE]

Will it void the warranty?

[quote name='Royal High Knight']try to find a used transfer cable once your done with it return it. Thats what I did at GS.[/QUOTE]

At one point people on CAG were mailing the kit to each other as long as the receiving party covered the cost of shipping. Try searching for the old thread.

[quote name='jooanyenna']Will it void the warranty?[/QUOTE]

Nope since you aren't doing anything to the Xbox itself. Do yourself a favor and watch one of the videos.

WTF?!?! I cannot place an order. I keep getting the following error message:

"Thank you for choosing GameStop.com. Based on your billing information entered, we are unable to process your order at this time.

If you have received this message as a result of multiple unsuccessful purchase attempts, please allow 24 hours for security purposes before submitting a new order. Prior to placing a new order, please verify your billing information with your financial institution to ensure all information is accurate and up to date."

No idea what's going on. I use my card all the time and never have any problems. This happened to me when Dark Souls CE was in stock and I got screwed out of the order. THought it was a one time thing, but here it is again. Any ideas?

Thanks for posting this.

I still have my 20 gig HDD that came with my original launch 360. I just ordered a 120 gig. I hope it's a legit drive!

Unfortunately, that is usually what you get when they ban you.

[quote name='dchrisd']WTF?!?! I cannot place an order. I keep getting the following error message:

"Thank you for choosing GameStop.com. Based on your billing information entered, we are unable to process your order at this time.

If you have received this message as a result of multiple unsuccessful purchase attempts, please allow 24 hours for security purposes before submitting a new order. Prior to placing a new order, please verify your billing information with your financial institution to ensure all information is accurate and up to date."

No idea what's going on. I use my card all the time and never have any problems. This happened to me when Dark Souls CE was in stock and I got screwed out of the order. THought it was a one time thing, but here it is again. Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ninjabenja']Unfortunately, that is usually what you get when they ban you.[/QUOTE]

Huh?? Why would I be banned. Cant think of anything I could have done. I have very few returns and I hardly buy anything online or in store. When I do, its just a purchase here or there. No multiples or big orders.

Edit:
Just called Gamestop. I was blacklisted. They said my ip address doesn't match my billing city? WTF??? Rep is trying to fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Building my own 320GB this weekend for $50, but this is a great deal for anyone who needs an upgrade.

Thanks OP I'll pick up two 120GB's. I'm going to open one up for my 4GB slim and keep the other one to use after my 60GB is filled.

Anyone know if this is instore as well? rather get them today than next week.

To make this deal sweeter the hard drive is recognized as a console so it stacks with the 30% off used games, limit 3, code 30CON, just a heads up

awesome deal! just got back from Gamestop with a 120 GB hard drive that cost me $24 out the door (after applying the 10% discount that Gamestop members get).

it's a real 360 hard drive with the second partition for Xbox backward compatibility (tested Ninja Gaiden Black).

it doesn't match my 360 arcade (the drive is black and obviously came from a 360 elite), but for $24, it's totally worth it.

yes, I could've bought a knockoff drive off of Amazon or Ebay and it would've been a bigger 250GB or now 320GB, but I'm happy. much better than running off the internal 512MB of my arcade with the 4 GB flash drive.

YMMV on the in-store deal. Gamestops in my area are not selling these items at the online prices and refuse to honor those prices.

[quote name='romeogbs19']YMMV on the in-store deal. Gamestops in my area are not selling these items at the online prices and refuse to honor those prices.[/QUOTE]
Yea, my local gamestop was selling these at regular prices, o well, that leaves me with another 4 to check out.

[quote name='exaznkid']Yea, my local gamestop was selling these at regular prices, o well, that leaves me with another 4 to check out.[/QUOTE]

that would suck if it's a YMMV.

didn't even bother to buy it online since it's so close to my house. they had drives of all sizes. There was no sales sticker on it so I told them they're on sale for 50% off and it's at the website. They checked the computers and voila, I have a nice 120 GB drive for $24. No questions asked by any of them (3 employees were there).

but I just checked the website and they have the in-store pickup option and the store I actually bought from was among the ones with in-store stock at that price.

bread's done
Back