GameStop Ad 12/26-12/29: 50% Extra Credit on Games; Double Credit on Systems

klimb22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
GameStop Ad 12/26-12/29: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/weeklyad/current/122612/pdf/olfsi_122612.pdf

6 pages of meh, but some highlights from the last 2 pages:

• B2G1 on any Pre-owned Wii or DS games p.7
  • Double In-Store Credit when you trade any system p.8
  • 50% Extra In-Store Credit for every game you trade p.8

I know this is usually litepink's thing (props), but I'm not about type out the whole ad when the .pdf is readily available. I wikified the thread if litepink or others would like to add other items of special interest.

I got quoted 160 for my old 80 gig, I wasn't really even considering getting rid of it but I literally haven't played a game on it in months so it seems like a good time to let it go.

[quote name='Throwerguy']Do iOS count for double system credit?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure iDevices are a separate thing altogether and also have their own promotions associated with their trade-ins, except in the case of the power trade, where you should be able to get 30% extra.

[quote name='Daring']anyone know the trade in value for a PSP-3000. Gamestop won't give me a quote w/o going into the store.[/QUOTE]

Call another store. You are going to probably to deal with a lot of disgruntled employees today though because of all the people spending their gift cards/returning gifts.

[quote name='DemonsMaster']Call another store. You are going to probably to deal with a lot of disgruntled employees today though because of all the people spending their gift cards/returning gifts.[/QUOTE]

Really!!! If u don't know the price, please don't respond with idiotic response. I'm sure no one here is stupid enough to post a question and not have tried to call several GameStop. Sheeshhhhh!!!!

I was thinking of trading in my playstation move sharpshooter gun, does anyone know if the 50% bonus applies to that as well :p?

[quote name='Daring']Really!!! If u don't know the price, please don't respond with idiotic response. I'm sure no one here is stupid enough to post a question and not have tried to call several GameStop. Sheeshhhhh!!!![/QUOTE]

I guess we now know why no one will help you out. :roll:

I have a 120GB older, but functional, xbox 360 with a Microsoft controller. Just got an Xbox live gold card for Christmas but the Xbox has no real way to connect to a hard line and has no wifi built in. Wifi adapters still cost like $70, so maybe, MAYBE this deal wouldn't be so bad if I got a good value for my old system. Either that or upgrading my 3DS to a 3DS XL. Anyone have any luck with those?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='msgamer']Just confirmed the Vita WiFi base trade in is $60[/QUOTE]

I think. Well trade in my Vita then tomorrow. $120 after bonus is probably as High as I'm going to get, I haven't touched it in so long. Would rather use the money to get games that I will play. Just can't really get into gaming on mobile devices

[quote name='kinney_bmx']I think. Well trade in my Vita then tomorrow. $120 after bonus is probably as High as I'm going to get, I haven't touched it in so long. Would rather use the money to get games that I will play. Just can't really get into gaming on mobile devices[/QUOTE]

i'll buy your vita off you for more $ if your interested

[quote name='illmatic8582']i'll buy your vita off you for more $ if your interested[/QUOTE]

Don't throw your money away.

I like to play my vita on vacation or visiting my girlfriends family out of town, or when there's something I want to watch on tv our my girlfriend wants to watch something on tv... Mostly for me why I'm watching sports.

[quote name='JohnDM']I have a 120GB older, but functional, xbox 360 with a Microsoft controller. Just got an Xbox live gold card for Christmas but the Xbox has no real way to connect to a hard line and has no wifi built in. Wifi adapters still cost like $70, so maybe, MAYBE this deal wouldn't be so bad if I got a good value for my old system. Either that or upgrading my 3DS to a 3DS XL. Anyone have any luck with those?[/QUOTE]

I would just upgrade imo

[quote name='klimb22']
[*]B2G1 on any Pre-owned Wii or DS games p.7
[/QUOTE]

Any idea whether 3DS games fall under this or not?

[quote name='uiengineer']$80. i traded one today[/QUOTE]

Nice, so 160 all in all then :) Though I wonder if it's YLOD, how much would it be... with the promo and everything.

[quote name='newtype06']Nice, so 160 all in all then :) Though I wonder if it's YLOD, how much would it be... with the promo and everything.[/QUOTE]
i think 120

[quote name='kinney_bmx']Isn't that only for games?[/QUOTE]

If it isn't, please let me know! I have a Wii I'm trying to unload! :roll:

Hey guys, I was hoping someone would help me with a problem I have.

I am trying to get rid of my 120 Gb Slim PS3, but the hardrive inside is a 500gb. I tried to trade it in to two different Gamestops and both said they wouldn't take it cause it doesn't have the original hardrive. I just wanted to know if anyone has had this problem and a solution.

I imagine the only way would be to put in a different hardrive since the original slim models never had a 500gb model.

I have a 20GB PS3 I want to unload and was wondering if I needed to have all the original cables and manuals? The warranty seal has also been taken off so I don't know if that factors in and they'll take some money off?

[quote name='TheFirstAvenger']I have a 20GB PS3 I want to unload and was wondering if I needed to have all the original cables and manuals? The warranty seal has also been taken off so I don't know if that factors in and they'll take some money off?[/QUOTE]

they wont take it without the warranty seal intact (unless you get a lazy employee who doesnt really care and just tests it to play) and yes you need all original hook ups and 1 controller

[quote name='panther628']Hey guys, I was hoping someone would help me with a problem I have.

I am trying to get rid of my 120 Gb Slim PS3, but the hardrive inside is a 500gb. I tried to trade it in to two different Gamestops and both said they wouldn't take it cause it doesn't have the original hardrive. I just wanted to know if anyone has had this problem and a solution.

I imagine the only way would be to put in a different hardrive since the original slim models never had a 500gb model.[/QUOTE]
I imagine putting the original hard drive isn't an option? If that's the case, you're sol.
[quote name='TheFirstAvenger']I have a 20GB PS3 I want to unload and was wondering if I needed to have all the original cables and manuals? The warranty seal has also been taken off so I don't know if that factors in and they'll take some money off?[/QUOTE]
You need the cables, no manuals. Also if the warranty seal is broke, you're also sol.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Post if you do trade in that PS3 to confirm how it went! I won't be able to trade mine till Sat.[/QUOTE]
I didn't do it today. I went to ask and see if they will. 1 store said the promo won't apply to broken system and the other said they will, but was apparently 5 bucks less for the base. And they don't know how much the refurb deduction is (though first store said 40 bucks deduction). Yeah... I decided to go to my friends house to pick up my 360 to trade in and apparently it RROD and they tossed it even though it may still be under warranty. They said they will pay me back. Probably charge them more.

I'll probably try tomorrow morning so I'll let you know.

[quote name='msgamer']Yes, only games qualify for the 100% bonus[/QUOTE]

That and I believe in store they don't take systems with the exception of certain store taking in DS Lites.

[quote name='panda911']You need the cables, no manuals. Also if the warranty seal is broke, you're also sol.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Assau1tedCracka']they wont take it without the warranty seal intact (unless you get a lazy employee who doesnt really care and just tests it to play) and yes you need all original hook ups and 1 controller[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick responses! Guess I'm just out of luck, will probably give it to a family member.

Does anyone know if the white super slim ps3 has been confirmed for release in the U.S.? I am willing to trade my ps3 in now to get more credit towards it only if that rumor is indeed true

Still a crappy deal. New Super Mario Bros. Wii U barely came out a month ago. Its a $60 game and still is. Hell its a Mario game. We know those don't go cheap. Tried trading my copy in and they tried giving me $19 and then the 50% plus power up rewards upped it to just $28. I think I'll be selling my copy online for $50

[quote name='Daring']PSP-3000 trades in for $20 ($40 after bonus)[/QUOTE]

Help a cag out, I'm looking to buy a psp 3000 in excellent condition for a couple of bucks more than what GS is giving + shipping.

[quote name='Deader2818']Wii base is still 25?[/QUOTE]

Got 23 for mine. Not sure how they treated the Motion+ dongle cause I traded in a few old remotes.

[quote name='Assau1tedCracka']they wont take it without the warranty seal intact (unless you get a lazy employee who doesnt really care and just tests it to play) and yes you need all original hook ups and 1 controller[/QUOTE]

They take it with warranty seal out but it has to have the rubber thing that hides the screw.

This was tempting, as my 3ds xl will be coming in any minute now. I was hoping to unload the old 3ds after the transfer, but base dropped to 40, so it would be 80 bucks credit. I still might, anyone know where you can trade it in for more?

[quote name='btwhitehouse']This was tempting, as my 3ds xl will be coming in any minute now. I was hoping to unload the old 3ds after the transfer, but base dropped to 40, so it would be 80 bucks credit. I still might, anyone know where you can trade it in for more?[/QUOTE]

I just got $122 from Amazon but that was a promo with the gamespot show. Currently they are giving about $91.

I saw 91 but it says it requires the original box. I'm missing the box and the AR cards, so it looks like I would be in the 78 dollar credit range for Amazon. I still might just do it through amazon, better prices, more options on things to get with the credit. Thanks!

[quote name='Algertman']Got 23 for mine. Not sure how they treated the Motion+ dongle cause I traded in a few old remotes.[/QUOTE]

That was how my trade was going to be, plus I was gonig to get $4.50 or so for the dongle. I am still debating, because a nunchuck is required and so its pretty much a wash to trade in the wii and then have to go and rebuy a wiimote and nunchuck.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Post if you do trade in that PS3 to confirm how it went! I won't be able to trade mine till Sat.[/QUOTE]

Update. I was able to trade it in. At the store I traded it in to had the system for 75 bucks (other store I checked was 80) so I got 150 out of it. The store's refurb fee was 35 (compared to other store's 40 fee) so in the end I got 115 which is pretty nice. Both stores I checked had different prices and lost about 5 bucks but thats nothing considering 1 store said the promo doesn't apply with broken system. I rather lose 5 bucks than gain nothing.

Hope when you do it on Saturday that you don't have any issues. Just make sure it's complete. I brought a mini usb cable to be safe. Not sure if that is something you do need to bring.

damn, i dint have a stylus with my Ds Lite and the guy couldn't give me the 50%. Then refused to let me buy a stylus and take it out and give it to him with it. guess ill do it tomorrow after buying a stylus.

I have a regular white Wii (one of the older versions, one of the first ones released) but it's missing the SD slot cover and when I called in they said I wouldn't get the full trade in but only part of it (plus the 50%).

But they wouldn't quote me a trade in price unless they saw the Wii at the store.

Anyone have any idea how much they might dock off for not having a SD slot cover? (besides that it's in excellent condition + everything else included).

[quote name='foreverjoe20']I have a regular white Wii (one of the older versions, one of the first ones released) but it's missing the SD slot cover and when I called in they said I wouldn't get the full trade in but only part of it (plus the 50%).

But they wouldn't quote me a trade in price unless they saw the Wii at the store.

Anyone have any idea how much they might dock off for not having a SD slot cover? (besides that it's in excellent condition + everything else included).[/QUOTE]

i tried to trade in my ds without a stylus and they were going to knock about 8 bucks off but wouldnt give me the 50%.....after i asked how much the stylus was he said 8 so they may just deduct the price of what ever is missing.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slowdive21']There will be a post x-mas b2g1 according to a manager I spoke with. He said it is pushed back, but it will happen.[/QUOTE]

Yes! then I will put back some cash until then.

bread's done
Back