Gamestop & Amazon STILL dropping prices for games + 10$GC!!!

ludwigfrech

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
gamestop's site is still dropping prices, for example Demon's souls and Bioshock 2 are now for 32.99 each (they come for less than 30 after tax) and FF XIII is now for 43.99... and after the coupon codes that we ALL KNOW they can come even cheapper:D

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=847&loc=homeflash

EDIT: this morning amazon has PMed some games, DS, Bs2 now for 32.99 each, FF XIII for 43.99$ & GTA: ELC for 29.99$ although some other games haven't changed

EDIT 2: i noticed that some CAGs said that in amazon, a few hours after ordering the order status sais ready to be shipped... this is a point when you can't cancel your order... so you can expect an other PD from GS.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kjay80']i thought eca is no good now, no?[/QUOTE]

Between either him still having some unused ECA codes and/or having a lot of pending pre-orders he used ECA codes on back when they were active (such as my case), it is possible.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']All I know is GameStop is finally hitting it's stride with used and new games, but amazon wins out for me if only because of my ECA order allowing me to still get 30% off games whenever I want plus no tax and free shipping. I did the math earlier, if I were to order GTA4Episodes I would pay either $20 via the $20 off $80 order (I figure it'll be 2 games in the order so $10 off each) or $22.50 with the 25% off code PLUS tax. Where as amazon would be around $22 with free 2 day shipping and a stackable $10 code.

I can see the appeal for all these GS deals, but thanks to ECA (which we now all hate) Amazon always wins out in my book.[/QUOTE]

Not everyone milked the ECA before Amazon shut that deal down (due to the abuse). I was too late to that party. For everything else besides games I prefer Amazon. And while I order games from Amazon on occasion, I trade all of my games in to Gamestop and always have a couple hundred in credit on my Edge card. So when using play money vs the real thing, Edge credit always wins, even if the price is a tad higher and I have to pay tax. I always wait for deals like 25off or B2G1 free +Edge before spending anyway. If I was only buying NEW, I'd probably favor Amazon. For Used Gamestop is really the only game around (BBV sucks and GameCrazy closed here)

Love Amazon though. Just keep pressuring Gamestop with decent competition so I can take further advantage of Gamestop.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']Now I really feel bad for buying FF XIII (or any game) at full price, when I should have waited less than two months later to get it at half price, like a REAL cheap ass gamer! Damn it! lol[/QUOTE]

FiX'D. You're welcome.

:) im more of a broke ass gamer than a cheap ass one, that's why i wait for months (the only game i have bought within a week off release was GTA IV, and i got it for like $45)

does anyone know whats wrong with codes that include shipping? saver, and 10auto are causing me to be directed away from the cart. i don't wanna wait for another week to get borderlands so i want that 3day shipping.

I like gamestop.com a lot.

A got dirty looks for canceling my paid Red Dead pre-order in store when I told the dude the website was kicking their asses.

i emailed amazon to see if they PM some Gamestop's prices (and to make the war bigger), but they refused arguing that they already have competitive prices for they merchandise

i am going to hold off until tomorrow after 12:00, maybe they will have a better Deal of the day, and it might allow me to get faster shipping.

Oaks day tomorrow, WOO.

Amazon is way better if you already got credit, i already had 10bucks from pre-ordering super street fighter 2, so with 10dollar credit bought demon souls that came out to 25.99 and got another 10buck credit from amazon, so i basically didn't even spend my 10dollar credit, still in the same credit wise i was but got demon soul for 25.99? not bad ;) next game is 3D Dot Game Heroes, must get.... then mario galaxy 2 and then crackdown 2, damn it! why all these games coming out. going broke

Does anyone what shipping company Gamestop uses for their USA ground method of shipping? I've been having some trouble with both UPS and the USPS.

[quote name='edward sechs']does anyone what shipping company gamestop uses for their usa ground method of shipping? I've been having some trouble with both ups and the usps.[/quote]

ups

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Amazon just matched Episodes from Liberty City on PS3. So I am gonna order it for $21 (with my ECA) plus $10 off another game.[/QUOTE]

why not 360? and why not Bio 2? :cry:

Wow glad I waited..... Was going to purchase 2 copies of Borderlands the other day.... I just placed an order for 2 Borderlands and Bioshock 2 for 80.xx with tax! Very Nice! My nephew wanted Borderlands for his B Day.... GS.com has been awesome lately...

Wish I had more cash to grab FFXIII and GTA Episodes...

I keep hearing all this talk about Demon's Souls.... is it really that good?

[quote name='HeSaveDave']why not 360? and why not Bio 2? :cry:[/QUOTE]

Not really sure, but considering I want GTA4 Episodes for PS3 and I own BS2...I can understand your want for the change but I do not share in it, sorry if that sounded cold. Hopefully they'll match it soon though.

I bought battlefield: BF 2 on release day. does anyone know if I would be able to buy a new battlefield copy and return the unopened copy even it its been more than 30 days?

[quote name='jra5015']I bought battlefield: BF 2 on release day. does anyone know if I would be able to buy a new battlefield copy and return the unopened copy even it its been more than 30 days?[/QUOTE]

Waiting for the return fraud discussion on this topic, to derail the whole thread. Talking about this is frowned upon by most people on here.

[quote name='Got_Wii']Waiting for the return fraud discussion on this topic, to derail the whole thread. Talking about this is frowned upon by most people on here.[/QUOTE]

AFAIK this is not return fraud. Return fraud is if he bought it at GS and brought to to Wal-Mart or something for the $60 credit.

He paid $60 for BC2 he just wants to return a different copy of the same game he paid for for his money back. This has been talked about many times on CAG and again as far as I know it is not frowned upon at all.

BTW I doubt you can return it as most stores have a 30 day policy, but you can always buy it from GS/Amazon and try to return it with your post 30 receipt and if they don't take it simply return it back to a GameStop store with your GameStop receipt. As they say, nothing ventured nothing gained.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']AFAIK this is not return fraud. Return fraud is if he bought it at GS and brought to to Wal-Mart or something for the $60 credit.

He paid $60 for BC2 he just wants to return a different copy of the same game he paid for for his money back. This has been talked about many times on CAG and again as far as I know it is not frowned upon at all.

BTW I doubt you can return it as most stores have a 30 day policy, but you can always buy it from GS/Amazon and try to return it with your post 30 receipt and if they don't take it simply return it back to a GameStop store with your GameStop receipt. As they say, nothing ventured nothing gained.[/QUOTE]

I concur, as do most reasonable CAG's.

[quote name='Edward Sechs']Does anyone what shipping company Gamestop uses for their USA ground method of shipping? I've been having some trouble with both UPS and the USPS.[/QUOTE]

I think they use both depending on the value and weight of the item...If they ship a bunch of stuff, I think it is usually UPS, but often if it is a single game, it comes via the postal service.

[quote name='pimpinc333']

I keep hearing all this talk about Demon's Souls.... is it really that good?[/QUOTE]

GOTY for a reason, it's fucken EPIC!

Infact I'ma go play it right now:bouncy:

I'm thinking about reordering two games because the price dropped and they now come with gift cards. Is there a time limit to return the games in store? Also, I only need the packing list (return label) right?

Edit: Nevermind, should have checked the previous page first. If you e-mail them, will gamestop credit your card back after purchase if the price drops within a certain time frame?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Saix_XIII']AFAIK this is not return fraud. Return fraud is if he bought it at GS and brought to to Wal-Mart or something for the $60 credit.

BTW I doubt you can return it as most stores have a 30 day policy, but you can always buy it from GS/Amazon and try to return it with your post 30 receipt and if they don't take it simply return it back to a GameStop store with your GameStop receipt. As they say, nothing ventured nothing gained.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Saix.

I love Demon's Souls. and yeah, gamestop has me won this year. and they do usps and ups. I got 2 packages from them today, brown envelope usps for a single games, ups bubble envelope for 2 games and ups box for 10 games. EA does UPS. gamefly does fed ex :) I think Iv dealt more with my package guys in the last month than in my life. Darksiders also dropped. How can they be dropping these prices so much, especially for new games!

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']Now I really feel bad for buying FF XIII at full price! Damn it! lol[/QUOTE]
Yeah, me too. Oh well, even at $1 an hour, it was so worth it.

[quote name='x_fiddle']Hmmm trying to decide whether to pre-order alan wake or wait for a price drop later.[/QUOTE]
I am in the same boat my friend, using my hands as paddles, paddling in circles.

The way prices are dropping on ALL games, at all retail outlets, it seems to me a good idea to wait on any game you want to play. The only real reason I see that any CAG would want a game on release day in today's market is if they want a strong online community for whatever game they buy. Otherwise, just wait 2 months and it seems every game drops now.

Called Customer Service for a Price Guarantee which they said they don't do but I could return it to the store and rebuy if I wanted. I bought it again with Borderlands, MUA2, and Bioshock 2 and used the 25% off, and got free 3 day shipping. All that and I should receive 3 $10 off coupons for future use for buying Bioshock 2, Borderlands, and Demon's Soul.

I really want to take advantage of the deal here but I'm just not feeling it. I want Just Cause 2 but it's not discounted a whole lot, and I already own Bioshock 2.

[quote name='Gideon68']Called Customer Service for a Price Guarantee which they said they don't do but I could return it to the store and rebuy if I wanted. I bought it again with Borderlands, MUA2, and Bioshock 2 and used the 25% off, and got free 3 day shipping. All that and I should receive 3 $10 off coupons for future use for buying Bioshock 2, Borderlands, and Demon's Soul.[/QUOTE]

I just called not expecting to get anything, and they gave me a credit back on my edge card for the price drop. I guess it just depends on who you happen to get on the phone.

[quote name='wrencrest']The way prices are dropping on ALL games, at all retail outlets, it seems to me a good idea to wait on any game you want to play. The only real reason I see that any CAG would want a game on release day in today's market is if they want a strong online community for whatever game they buy. Otherwise, just wait 2 months and it seems every game drops now.[/QUOTE]

With the credit, I got three pretty big titles for what amounts to $20 each. I don't see any of them dropping any less than that in the near future, and even if they did I don't see how it could be below $15.

A couple of quick questions. FFXIII for PS3 or 360, are the graphics that much better on the PS3? Is GS the only retailer offering a Limited Edition for Red Dead Revolver?

Graphics are much better for FFXIII on PS3.

Now I am debating, since I'm addicted to borderlands on PC, if I want to get it on the PS3 for trophies lmao... I need to know if the online is dead on PS3 or not though.

[quote name='wrencrest']The way prices are dropping on ALL games, at all retail outlets, it seems to me a good idea to wait on any game you want to play. The only real reason I see that any CAG would want a game on release day in today's market is if they want a strong online community for whatever game they buy. Otherwise, just wait 2 months and it seems every game drops now.[/QUOTE]

Developers are getting WISE. Early adopters get bonus freebies like extra levels, maps, outfits, FREE DLC codes. I used to buy nearly everything used with heavy discounts, but lately I've been eying the bonus content as a value add that makes it worth paying a little extra for something NEW.

i.e. I bought BFBC2 new from eastore for $25 to get the free DLC map pack which is $15 alone as paid DLC.
Bought RE5Gold used for PS3 because the extra content is on the disc vs 1-time DLC code on 360.
Gears of War II was the first game I recall to include free maps to 1st buyers.

Alan Wake is coming with exclusive free DLC to new buyers.
Red Dead Redemption Pre-Order only from Gamestop is a free upgrade to Special Edition with bonus content.
Granted you can wait a while and see if the new price drops,
but in the case of COD4:MW-GOTY they REMOVED the bonus content (variety map pack) after the original printing. DOH!

The bonus has to be good enough for me to pre-order. That's why I pre-order games like Mirror's Edge (runner's bag) and MGS3:Subsistence (Existence Disc), rather than games that give you a piece of code or in-game item.

[quote name='josmo420']I cannot get the 10auto out of my cart[/QUOTE]

If you add a new code in, it should overwrite the 10auto code. I used the 25% off coupon and didn't have to delete the 10auto one.

[quote name='raiser'] I used to buy nearly everything used with heavy discounts, but lately I've been eying the bonus content as a value add that makes it worth paying a little extra for something NEW.[/QUOTE]Keep in mind that buying NEW supports the game developer that made the game, while buying USED only supports the store. That's all the incentive I need to buy new whenever possible.

#$@#%$, I was gonna get MW2 for the PC, but it looks like it went back up to full price. I won't buy a PC game for $60 on principle alone.

decent deals.. im planning on buying UFC 2010 anyways so i just need to find something else I want to push me over $100 for the 25OFF...

maybe BF2

[quote name='timobkg']Keep in mind that buying NEW supports the game developer that made the game, while buying USED only supports the store. That's all the incentive I need to buy new whenever possible.[/QUOTE]

There's that too! Again I was quite poorly making the point of why anyone would pre-order a game for $45-$60 that is sure to be $30 in 2 months (per question). You can also support a developer buy purchasing DLC... And they are getting VERY wise to this too (i.e. Activision).

The value adds these days tend to be BEST for pre-orders, OK for buying new retail, and MISSING/NONE when buying used.
Publishers are learning new ways to maximize profits.

Of course it's up to each buyer to determine what value they are seeking and how much they are willing to pay for that.
Some people simply rent everything, some buy brand new, some wait for price drops, some for clearance, and some buy used.
Any way you slice it you're paying for the same thing.

If I buy a used car nothing goes to the manufacturer. But there's a huge market for those.

FWIW: I too buy new for games that I want to support the devs. In fact I'll even buy systems for the right game.
Street Fighter II got me to buy a SNES when I was diehard Sega fan, MGS4 (bundled with BC) got me to buy a PS3 though I love my 360, etc.

I am still unfazed by the whole "preorder exclusive" garbage. I have been waiting for alpha protocol since it was originally was supposed to come out last october, but i'm still going to wait a month or two and get it for 30 bucks. i dont think it will be any less fun without the two extra guns and a bunch of free ammo, sounds like something you'd get through a cheat code or something. The designers made the weapon system, their bosses made them add gamestop guns.

Couldn't resist and picked up all these for 245 w/tax plus $80 in future coupons:

Red Dead Redemption
Borderlands
Bioshock 2

PS3
Final Fantasy XIII
Heavy Rain
Demon Souls

Wii
Super Mario galaxy 2

[quote name='TLFerrill']I am still unfazed by the whole "preorder exclusive" garbage. I have been waiting for alpha protocol since it was originally was supposed to come out last october, but i'm still going to wait a month or two and get it for 30 bucks. i dont think it will be any less fun without the two extra guns and a bunch of free ammo, sounds like something you'd get through a cheat code or something. The designers made the weapon system, their bosses made them add gamestop guns.[/QUOTE]

Totally agreed that MOST of it is garbage. That's doesn't mean once in a while a pre-order deal isn't fabulous. When they start giving things like $10-$15 value map packs only with pre-orders I think you'll see a lot more people willing to sign on. I wouldn't buy a game simply for a bonus in-game vehicle or weapon either. But if you're going to buy it on launch day anyway... why the hell not get something for free?

I went for Borderlands (360), Bioshock 2 (360), and Demon's Souls (PS3) along with Jampack 14 (ps2) for filler to put me over $100 for the 25OFF code. Thanks!

bread's done
Back