Gamestop & Amazon STILL dropping prices for games + 10$GC!!!

ludwigfrech

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
gamestop's site is still dropping prices, for example Demon's souls and Bioshock 2 are now for 32.99 each (they come for less than 30 after tax) and FF XIII is now for 43.99... and after the coupon codes that we ALL KNOW they can come even cheapper:D

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=847&loc=homeflash

EDIT: this morning amazon has PMed some games, DS, Bs2 now for 32.99 each, FF XIII for 43.99$ & GTA: ELC for 29.99$ although some other games haven't changed

EDIT 2: i noticed that some CAGs said that in amazon, a few hours after ordering the order status sais ready to be shipped... this is a point when you can't cancel your order... so you can expect an other PD from GS.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='supershammy']I was using Amazon on a display comp at Best Buy to read reviews of a set of headphones Best Buy had listed for $80. A manager came up and asked me if needed help with anything, not implying I was doing anything wrong or anything like that. I told him I was just reading reviews, and he said "You know, we can match any price if you find them listed for some other price elsewhere." Turns out that Amazon had the $80 headphones listed for $20! I showed it to him, and he matched it on the spot. Great customer service right there - so in other words, definitely give online pricematching a shot.[/QUOTE]

Good to know! Thanks fellas. I'll definitly give it a shot next time I need my gaming fix and I'm up near a BB. Doing something like this might actually make it worth walking into a BB again.

Gamestop just sent me a $10 off coupon code, because I bought Just Cause 2 'USED' for $28.

These guys are really stepping their game up. I thought this only applied to new games.

[quote name='Archfiend']Yea baby I called and complained about Demon's Souls dropping price since I bought it a week ago and they gave me a code for $20 off a future purchase. The original difference was only $5 HAHAHA gamestop is rocking these days:D[/QUOTE]

Im starting to think they hired a bunch of new people at gamestop online who doesnt give a crap about a profit :)

few weeks back i ordered Puzzler world for the ds.. Game came broken.. They said they will not carry it again so they gave me a refund....

Last tuesday i got a package from gamestop OVER NIGHT with puzzler world in it...

called up and they told me to keep it and keep the refund

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']Gamestop just sent me a $10 off coupon code, because I bought Just Cause 2 'USED' for $28.

These guys are really stepping their game up. I thought this only applied to new games.[/QUOTE]

Supposedly somewhere during the sale they removed the $10 coupon from the USED versions and you would have to buy the NEW version to get it.

Forgive me if I missed it (or if I am just daft), can someone tell me if I will still get a GC from pre-ordering RDR and Alan Wake in-store? I made some trades today and asked if I were to pre-order while there if I would get everything I would if ordered online and they assured me I would. I asked several times and they repeatedly assured me that even the GC is included. On the site it says "online only"...do I trust them?

[quote name='MachineElf']Forgive me if I missed it (or if I am just daft), can someone tell me if I will still get a GC from pre-ordering RDR and Alan Wake in-store? I made some trades today and asked if I were to pre-order while there if I would get everything I would if ordered online and they assured me I would. I asked several times and they repeatedly assured me that even the GC is included. On the site it says "online only"...do I trust them?[/QUOTE]

It specifically states that it's an online only promotion, so I'm not sure what they were talking about.

[quote name='machineelf']forgive me if i missed it (or if i am just daft), can someone tell me if i will still get a gc from pre-ordering rdr and alan wake in-store? I made some trades today and asked if i were to pre-order while there if i would get everything i would if ordered online and they assured me i would. I asked several times and they repeatedly assured me that even the gc is included. On the site it says "online only"...do i trust them?[/quote]
no

[quote name='DeathMoJo']Supposedly somewhere during the sale they removed the $10 coupon from the USED versions and you would have to buy the NEW version to get it.[/QUOTE]

Huh.

Well I must have just got in under the cut-off, then, because I only ordered it a couple days ago..

Still, nice deal. :)

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']Gamestop just sent me a $10 off coupon code, because I bought Just Cause 2 'USED' for $28.

These guys are really stepping their game up. I thought this only applied to new games.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I found it so strange. It might guarantee them another sale, but I only spend credit at GS anyway. Win/Win.

[quote name='isofan1']i think gamestop has easily won 2010 top online retailer by the month of april alone. these prices are insane and amazon has done absolutely nothing to match them.[/QUOTE]

Pity their customer service, staff, stores and policies are still a pile of bullshit and chips though. Low prices doesnt make them a good company and not enough to win back my business.

Besides, between ebay, amazon and a couple other places I can always beat their prices or at the very least get it for the exact same price.

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']Huh.

Well I must have just got in under the cut-off, then, because I only ordered it a couple days ago..

Still, nice deal. :)[/QUOTE]

For sure, i bought a new Demon's Souls since they lowered the price to the same point.

[quote name='isofan1']i think gamestop has easily won 2010 top online retailer by the month of april alone. these prices are insane and amazon has done absolutely nothing to match them.[/QUOTE]

Considering that Amazon has matched them step by step, AND allows you to stack credit, I'd say they (Amazon) deserves that title. Hell, their customer service wins the title by itself.

[quote name='Ardrid']Considering that Amazon has matched them step by step, AND allows you to stack credit, I'd say they (Amazon) deserves that title. Hell, their customer service wins the title by itself.[/QUOTE]

Amazon didn't match the 25% off coupon, though, which was the biggest deal of them all. I ended up canceling all of my Amazon pre-orders and moving them to GameStop because of that. Most of the games didn't have credits associated with them anyway, so the credit stacking issue didn't matter so much to me.

Yep, I canceled Agarest, 3D Dot, and Deathsmiles at Amazon and switched to GS because of that sick ass deal. Even with tax I still saved over 30 bucks.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Yep, I canceled Agarest, 3D Dot, and Deathsmiles at Amazon and switched to GS because of that sick ass deal. Even with tax I still saved over 30 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Did the same with Deathsmiles and Agarest.

[quote name='gargus']Pity their customer service, staff, stores and policies are still a pile of bullshit and chips though. Low prices doesnt make them a good company and not enough to win back my business.

Besides, between ebay, amazon and a couple other places I can always beat their prices or at the very least get it for the exact same price.[/QUOTE]

Its hilarious how so many of these positive feedbacks are from Gamestop paid employees posing as CAG members! :roll:

[quote name='leopaw']Its hilarious how so many of these positive feedbacks are from Gamestop paid employees posing as CAG members! :roll:[/QUOTE]
Yes, it must be a conspiracy. Thank you undercover GS employees, you guys saved me a shit load of money.

I am ashamed to say I moved Mario Galaxy 2, Deathsmiles, and 3D Dot Heroes to Gamestop because of the 25% off. I dislike GameStop as well but I saved almost $30 even after paying taxes. I even bought Bioshock 2 there before Amazon matched the price w/$10 game credit.

Rather annoying that Amazon does not have the three games I want for the same price. I suppose I will have to get SMT: Devil Survivor, Atelier Annie, and Rockin Pretty at LameStop.

Yea, I actually moved Agarest to GS, and it got me to pre-order 3D Dot Heroes and Mario Galaxy 2, which I wasn't planning on, and didn't bother with Amazon at all for Deathsmiles. Sorry Amazon.

Also, I ended up trying to put both of my $10 coupons on the same order, hoping it'd apply to different items in my cart, since it was showing $10 off one item in my cart and 15NEW applied to the other. That caused my second code to become invalid. I emailed them, and they sent me a new code, so I went to order the second item... and the invalid code was automatically applied. Meaning I now have an extra $10 coupon code that I shouldn't have gotten =P

I don't know where to mention this but Rune Factory Wii is down to 14.99 now, I think that is a really good price because its 24.99 everywhere and copies on ebay seem to be going for 24.99 still. It was part of the gamedays sale and my store had at least 3-4 copies left today after I went in and bought one. For 14.99 this game will give you a lot of bang for your buck especially if you are looking for a long game to play on your Wii.

I am guessing they are going to mark this one up in a few weeks because its 24.99 for a used copy, and 14.99 for a new one.

[quote name='leopaw']Its hilarious how so many of these positive feedbacks are from Gamestop paid employees posing as CAG members! :roll:[/QUOTE]

Really? And where is your evidence of that, exactly?

I suppose that since I posted something positive about the 25% off coupon, that's directed at me as much as anyone. For the record, I never have, don't, and never will work at/for GameStop. I've had plenty of negative things to say about their stores in the past, and I don't shop in them often because I've had too many bad experiences there. I don't care for many of their store policies, and I don't really like supporting their stores because of it.

But you know what? First, the website is practically a different entity -- the few times that I've had to deal with their website customer service, they've been (unlike many of the store employees I've encountered) nothing but courteous and helpful (even if they can be a little clueless at times). Second, regardless of anything else, 25% off on pre-orders was way too good a deal to pass up.

Seriously, I did most of my pre-orders for the next year using that 25% off coupon. I ordered $945 worth of games for $705 (again, spread out over the whole rest of the year, so that's not as bad as it sounds). At Amazon's current listed prices for those games, they would have cost me a total of $927. Even if I'd managed to get some of the games in my gold box, the total discount from Amazon would have been considerably less than GameStop's total discount. So as far as I'm concerned, ordering from GameStop is saving me well over $200 off of Amazon's prices. That's a pretty damn big deal.

And yes, I know that eventually I would be able to get all of these games for that much or cheaper elsewhere. Honestly, I don't care. These are titles that I want at release, and this is, by far, the best deal that I'm going to get at release.

I don't know why I would have to be a GameStop employee for that to sound like a good deal. Oh, right, because in your little world, GameStop can never do anything positive. Whatever. While you're sitting there being pissed at GameStop, I'll be enjoying my games.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='arcane93']Really? And where is your evidence of that, exactly?

I suppose that since I posted something positive about the 25% off coupon, that's directed at me as much as anyone. For the record, I never have, don't, and never will work at/for GameStop. I've had plenty of negative things to say about their stores in the past, and I don't shop in them often because I've had too many bad experiences there. I don't care for many of their store policies, and I don't really like supporting their stores because of it.

But you know what? First, the website is practically a different entity -- the few times that I've had to deal with their website customer service, they've been (unlike many of the store employees I've encountered) nothing but courteous and helpful (even if they can be a little clueless at times). Second, regardless of anything else, 25% off on pre-orders was way too good a deal to pass up.

Seriously, I did most of my pre-orders for the next year using that 25% off coupon. I ordered $945 worth of games for $705 (again, spread out over the whole rest of the year, so that's not as bad as it sounds). At Amazon's current listed prices for those games, they would have cost me a total of $927. Even if I'd managed to get some of the games in my gold box, the total discount from Amazon would have been considerably less than GameStop's total discount. So as far as I'm concerned, ordering from GameStop is saving me well over $200 off of Amazon's prices. That's a pretty damn big deal.

And yes, I know that eventually I would be able to get all of these games for that much or cheaper elsewhere. Honestly, I don't care. These are titles that I want at release, and this is, by far, the best deal that I'm going to get at release.

I don't know why I would have to be a GameStop employee for that to sound like a good deal. Oh, right, because in your little world, GameStop can never do anything positive. Whatever. While you're sitting there being pissed at GameStop, I'll be enjoying my games.[/QUOTE]

Seems like someone's sarcasm meter isn't working today... ;)

[quote name='worshipsf']Seems like someone's sarcasm meter isn't working today... ;)[/QUOTE]

Eh, it's hard to tell when people are being sarcastic on here, because I've seen those kinds of comments far too many times from people who have meant it. Maybe that guy was being sarcastic, but (knowing nothing about him other than that post) I'm not necessarily counting on it.

[quote name='Vinny']Looks like Gamestop isn't matching Amazon/WM on the $20 GC for Red Dead Redemption.[/QUOTE]

They may not feel that they have to because they have the "special edition" for whatever that's worth. Or it may be that they just haven't caught up yet since the Amazon change happened over the weekend, and they'll match it tomorrow. One way or the other, this whole price war is getting very interesting. I wonder what sparked it now suddenly, since all of these companies have been in the game business a long time before this. Hopefully they keep it up for a while! :lol:

[quote name='arcane93']Eh, it's hard to tell when people are being sarcastic on here, because I've seen those kinds of comments far too many times from people who have meant it. Maybe that guy was being sarcastic, but (knowing nothing about him other than that post) I'm not necessarily counting on it.[/QUOTE]

I thought the rolling-eyes smiley was a dead giveaway personally. ;)

[quote name='argyle']I thought the rolling-eyes smiley was a dead giveaway personally. ;)[/QUOTE]

This isn't something that I really care enough about to argue out further (so last post on this from me), but the context doesn't support that -- the person he was replying to didn't say anything at all about the "positive feedbacks" about GameStop that he was complaining about. In fact, I don't think anyone in this thread said anything (positive or negative) about the fact that there were positive comments being made about GameStop before he mentioned it. Given that, it looked to me like he was piling onto the complaint that person was making, not mocking it. I personally interpreted the "rolling eyes" as being directed at the "GameStop paid employees" (as he put it) rather than at the post he was responding to. But, to each their own.

I don't know why I would have to be a GameStop employee for that to sound like a good deal. Oh, right, because in your little world, GameStop can never do anything positive. Whatever. While you're sitting there being pissed at GameStop, I'll be enjoying my games.[/QUOTE]
do they charge you the entire order when you order or charge each individual game when it ships?

[quote name='snakelda']do they charge you the entire order when you order or charge each individual game when it ships?[/QUOTE]

They charge on shipment.

I've got every game that I want preordered through the end of the year too. 25% off on retail for a new release game is a great deal, plus I have the option of canceling if I do find a better deal.

[quote name='snakelda']do they charge you the entire order when you order or charge each individual game when it ships?[/QUOTE]

If you're paying with a credit card, they charge each individual game when it ships. I believe (but am not sure, as I've never done trade-ins at GameStop) that if you pay with Edge trade-in credit, they charge you that right away.

[quote name='arcane93']If you're paying with a credit card, they charge each individual game when it ships. I believe (but am not sure, as I've never done trade-ins at GameStop) that if you pay with Edge trade-in credit, they charge you that right away.[/QUOTE]

Negative on the trade-in credit, I pre-ordered Picross 3D with Edge credit and have not been charged yet. Also, I believe gamestop.com treats gift cards and trade-in credit the same, so this is likely true for gift cards also.

I worked at Gamestop a long time ago for about 6 weeks. The stuff that goes on there is shocking. If they like you locally and get sucked into buying the games they are told to try to sell then they will love you. When you start to walk out they will be laughing.

I stopped buying at gamestop about 5 years ago locally. I tried there online store with about 50 orders over the last 3-4 years mostly psp umd stuff. There were way to many issues with orders and took me about 8-12 hours total talk time/sending emails to get them to follow through with what they promised.

I remember working there and they told me to not even test the consoles people sold to gamestop if we are to busy. We would just resell them and did not care if they brought it back complaining. I remember once some guy brought a xbox console back with a baggie full of roaches and eggs that were in it. We all laughed and told him to buzz off pretty much. There is no way we could tell if it was from the store or he just trying to scam us. I know later that week there was a roach problem in the bathroom where we kept a bunch of stuff. I quit soon after that.

I also often get the stuff delayed shipping to me when it was supposed to be shipped overnight and get here on release date. I spent about 6 hours total fixing that issue and got the game 1 1/2 weeks after release date. They refunded me the overnight shipping. If i known this i would of went somewhere else for a time sensitve game.

I know some people will like to bash me back but how they work needs to be known. I get a bunch of orders fine but about 25% of the time over the years i have some sorta issue either coupons disappear after i order and get full charged or they ship budget when i paid for overnight or 2 day. Then getting so many unplayable used games. The returning process is a pain since i will never step in another GS store again. I now pay more so i do not have to deal with GS and places alike.

If I have 2 $10 Video Game Credits in Amazon, could I use both in a single game? Does it work with pre-orders?

Any way to fix a problem with using the $10 credit at Gamestop? I put in the code and it shows up in the card. I then login to finish checking out and the credit is gone at the very end. The code is still listed but the discount is not there.

[quote name='my2k2zx2']Any way to fix a problem with using the $10 credit at Gamestop? I put in the code and it shows up in the card. I then login to finish checking out and the credit is gone at the very end. The code is still listed but the discount is not there.[/QUOTE]

Are you trying to stack it with another code? If so, it will more than likely eliminate either it or the others, as the $10 codes aren't supposed to stack. If not . . . um, call them, I guess? I know that their coupons were being a bit wonky last week -- it was sometimes necessary to try a couple of times before an order with a coupon on it went through correctly.

[quote name='Azuvidexus']If I have 2 $10 Video Game Credits in Amazon, could I use both in a single game? Does it work with pre-orders?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Amazon promo credits can stack on a single order and on pre-orders. Also if you do the PRIME trial and pre-order something that ships after your PRIME expiration with free release day or 2 day shipping, it will still be free after your PRIME expires. I personally ordered all games i might be interested in buying for the next 2 years before my trial expired lol.

I had 3 promo credits built up, and used em all on Dragon Age Awakenings and got it for free. Even had 4 bucks left over I used on FFXIII.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I know some people will like to bash me back but how they work needs to be known.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I think that all of your points are fair enough, so I don't think there's any reason that anyone should bash you, though I don't think there's any great mystery to most of them.

First of all, I really don't get why people pre-order from GameStop stores (or any other b&m stores charging full retail price, for that matter), at least when there are no pre-order bonuses involved (and even then, given their reputation for not handling those bonuses properly in-store, I'd question it). I mean, seriously, if you're going to be paying full retail price anyway, why not hold out and see where the best deals are on the release date? Hell, I can see why they'd be laughing, because they pretty much just took that $5 deposit from you for no reason (at least online there's no deposit to worry about). The only time that I'll pre-order is when I get a particularly good deal (such as the 25% off coupon) or, on rarer occasions, if there's a pre-order bonus that I really want.

Secondly, honestly, used consoles are for suckers in so many ways. Even with a console that seems to work absolutely perfectly at the moment, you never know how it has been treated or how much life is left in the hardware (the drive may work fine today and fail tomorrow, for example). And even if the store did test every one of them, the test would only be cursory at best regardless (so, ok, maybe their test disc works, but if half of the others put into it don't, they're not going to know). As for your cockroach story . . . ew, gross -- but honestly, it's entirely possible that it wouldn't have even been noticed with a thorough test and inspection -- depending on where inside of it the eggs were, it may have worked just fine, and they may not have been visible. It could happen anywhere, it's not just a GameStop issue. The moral to this story, kids? Avoid used consoles.

Unplayable used games? Yup, I won't buy used games from them online, specifically because I can't see what I'm getting. I've done it exactly once, recently, as a test to see what I'd get, and I ended up returning it right away because I didn't find the condition acceptable (to be fair, I'm pretty picky -- I want my used games to look practically new or I'm not interested). I won't be doing that again. The guy in the store didn't give me any problems with returning it, though -- I went in, did the return, and left in under three minutes. Now I only buy used games from them in the store, where I can inspect them before buying.

As for your issues with online ordering -- well, that sucks, but all I can say in response is that I've never had an issue. Then again, I've also never paid extra for overnight/release date shipping, I've always taken the free budget shipping option, so I can't speak to how reliable they are with that. So far, at least, I've pretty much always gotten my game no later than Friday on the week it's come out, which is fine with me (with my backlog, I never get to anything that quickly anyway). Actually, the last time I had a significantly longer than normal delay on a new release game, it was coming from Amazon (for some reason it took Amazon nearly two weeks to get SMT: Strange Journey to me).

So yeah, your points are valid, and I can see why you wouldn't want to shop there if those have been your experiences. Fortunately, I guess I've been lucky so far, and I haven't had those issues. If at some point in the future I do have them (at least those that apply -- won't be buying any used consoles from them anytime . . . well, ever), obviously I'll have to re-evaluate.

[quote name='chankk']This sale is weak.[/QUOTE]

Don't know what you mean by that, but...

Through Amazon and the constant sales with games that come with GC.

For a total of $128.96 (and using the constant GC's with each consecutive purchase) I've been able to get SSFIV, Bioshock 2, GTA: EfLC, and Red Dead Redemption. And I still get another $20 GC from RDR...which I'll use for UFC 2010 (which comes with another $10 GC as well).

It's been a great sale so far actually! :)

For about $86 (after 25OFF) I got Borderlands, Bioshock 2 and Demon's Souls all for PS3. They came with 3 $10 coupons so today I picked up GoW Collection for $15, which comes with another coupon. Now I need to figure out what else to use these 3 coupons on...

bread's done
Back