Gamestop & Amazon STILL dropping prices for games + 10$GC!!!

ludwigfrech

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
gamestop's site is still dropping prices, for example Demon's souls and Bioshock 2 are now for 32.99 each (they come for less than 30 after tax) and FF XIII is now for 43.99... and after the coupon codes that we ALL KNOW they can come even cheapper:D

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=847&loc=homeflash

EDIT: this morning amazon has PMed some games, DS, Bs2 now for 32.99 each, FF XIII for 43.99$ & GTA: ELC for 29.99$ although some other games haven't changed

EDIT 2: i noticed that some CAGs said that in amazon, a few hours after ordering the order status sais ready to be shipped... this is a point when you can't cancel your order... so you can expect an other PD from GS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition (used) :ps3: $34.99
Demon's Souls :ps3: $32.99
Bioshock 2 :360: $32.99
TOTAL $100.97 (How close is that for 25off?)

EDGE Discount - 10% off in-stock used games - Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - $3.50
25OFF - 25% off any order $100 or more. - Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - $7.87
25OFF - 25% off any order $100 or more. - Demon's Souls - $8.25
25OFF - 25% off any order $100 or more. - Bioshock 2 - $8.25
stackable CS coupon code: - $10 off your order. - $10.00
Sub-Total: $63.10 +$5.52 tax. ($22.87/ea)

+ $20 off future game purchases.

[quote name='isofan1']i think gamestop has easily won 2010 top online retailer by the month of april alone.[/QUOTE]

Not even close.

[quote name='coupegamer']Do the $10 off future purchase coupon codes stack?[/QUOTE]

As someone mentioned, multi $10 coupons dont stack... but who knows with this GS site, things might change or there might be a glitch down the road....

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Just bought two FFXIIIs- one for a friend, one for my girlfriend- and a White Classic Controller Pro for ~$78 after 25OFF and a $10 coupon code I got for a messed up order. Then I'll be getting another two free $10 coupon codes. :D Freaking awesome.[/QUOTE]

FFXIII is going to be $29.99 at kmart next week FYI

just called gamestop for a price adjustment on mass effect 2, 4 dollars only but 4 dollars anyway, and they were nice, is this a dream?

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']just called gamestop for a price adjustment on mass effect 2, 4 dollars only but 4 dollars anyway, and they were nice, is this a dream?[/QUOTE]

You still came ahead with 4 dollars cuz whatever coupon u used, 25% or 15%, u got the discount on higher price!
By the way, I am not a sales guy from GS, but who cares, i like this deal!

[quote name='whoasaywhat']FFXIII is going to be $29.99 at kmart next week FYI[/QUOTE]

Yeah but, remember FFXIII from GS comes with a $10 coupon code.

Dam, I bought used Final Fantasy 13 during their 40% sale. My used copy have slightly lower price compared to this deal if you factor the $10 coupon.

I just called and was told that "just this once" they would adjust the price for me, but because I was partially paying with a giftcard they would be mailing me the difference on a DIFFERENT giftcard.
Kind of fishy, but I guess I will have to wait and see.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Come on. ~40% off used games and 25% off pre-orders isn't good enough?[/QUOTE]

No matter how good a deal is, it will end and we're not even halfway through the year yet. Let alone the deals we often get towards the end of the year. It's too early to cementing a retailer as #1 online retailer of 2010 yet.

Now if Gamestop can keep it up throughout the entire year, then that'd be a different story. Although I'd still probably go with Amazon myself since I don't buy used games from Gamestop where a majority of their deals are usually to be had.

Why do I always have the worst luck with CSRs?

I called and was told that they couldn't adjust it since the price I paid was still lower than the current price (I used 25off)

Gosh fucking dammit, i spent fucking $3 more than I should have on DS last night! I want a fucking refund! In less than 12 hours they fuck me like this! Shit like this PISSES me off to no end!!!

[quote name='Thrinn']Tempting, but Amazon and Gamestop seem to be one-upping each other a few bucks at a time on this title. Hopefully it'll be under $30 plus a GC by the weekend.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm at least going to wait until I can talk to my hubby. He's the one who wants Demon's Souls. Me, on the other hand, I'm looking at FF13 and Heavy Rain. Hope they go down a few dollars more on Amazon as well, as I have Prime and I really don't like dealing with Gamestop.

I'd be tempted for Uncharted 2 or Heavy Rain if I was given my $20 coupon code for SMG2 already, but nooo I gotta wait until may 23rd to receive it and by then these deals will be long gone.

[quote name='NewYorkelite']where is the thread with all of the GS coupons?[/QUOTE]

Seriously?
Look 3 posts above yours.

[quote name='Thorgouge']I'd be tempted for Uncharted 2 or Heavy Rain if I was given my $20 coupon code for SMG2 already, but nooo I gotta wait until may 23rd to receive it and by then these deals will be long gone.[/QUOTE]
ive heard rumors uncharted 2 will be greatest hit in june, just wait a few weeks and with the 20 coupon the should come up at 11 or 12 taxes included

is anyone else having problems purchasing a game. They are not accepting my debit card. For some reason it keeps telling me to input the pin?

Monster Hunter Tri is down to 41.99, plus $10 coupon code, and, while it makes no mention of it, there is a Monster Hunter themed 500 Wii points card included. Ordered one a couple of days ago and it came with it, and it looks like the second one I ordered today will come with one as well.

Great sale. Tempted to pick up NSMB wii for just under $34 after 15% off and tax, but I think I'll just bum the game from a friend :)

[quote name='bringerofdeath']is anyone else having problems purchasing a game. They are not accepting my debit card. For some reason it keeps telling me to input the pin?[/QUOTE]

Pin is needed for gift cards, so maybe u are typing numbers in a wrong section?
for debit card, u should put your CVV number, which is listed on the back of the card.

[quote name='Draekon']No matter how good a deal is, it will end and we're not even halfway through the year yet. Let alone the deals we often get towards the end of the year. It's too early to cementing a retailer as #1 online retailer of 2010 yet.[/QUOTE]
25% off pre-orders, in effect, means 25% off every announced game releasing this year, and even a bit into next year. Plus (not taking shipping into account) you're paying that much ON RELEASE DAY. That alone is enough to make them #1 in my book, no matter what other retailers offer.

[quote name='DrNo888']I placed an order for Uncharted 2. Submitted the order but then realized it was for $48.99 before discount, not the $45.99 that was shown in the cart. Also, the shipping was added back on after I submitted the order. Website wouldnt let me cancel either! Sent email to them. Hope they adjust it or cancel it as requested.[/QUOTE]

This may not be what you're talking about, but as a PSA: ignore absolutely everything that's in the email order confirmation you get. It always shows added shipping and discount-less prices. Order History on gamestop.com is your friend.

[quote name='Draekon']No matter how good a deal is, it will end and we're not even halfway through the year yet. Let alone the deals we often get towards the end of the year. It's too early to cementing a retailer as #1 online retailer of 2010 yet.

Now if Gamestop can keep it up throughout the entire year, then that'd be a different story. Although I'd still probably go with Amazon myself since I don't buy used games from Gamestop where a majority of their deals are usually to be had.[/QUOTE]

I am of the understanding there are really only 2 competetive online game retailers
Amazon and now Gamestop. Some may argue Gamefly or Family Video, but I haven't seen a deal that makes me shop at either.
BestBuy, Walmart, TRU, and other box stores rarely have a deal worth mentioning.

I'm going to point out the very obvious differences:
Amazon:
+ Price matches nearly everyone in the known gaming universe.
+ free shipping on most orders
+ no tax for most people
+ good customer service
+ lots of preorder exclusives
+ $off coupons stack
- $off next purchase coupons only good for a few weeks
- have to mail back returns
- have to mail in used game trades, and wait...

Gamestop.com (not necessarily in-store)
+ pricing competitively in 2010
+ good customer service (at least in 2010)
+ lots of pre-order exclusives
+ regular used game 30%-50% trade-in bonuses (+Edge-stacking)
+ lots of used game sales including B2G1 Free, 25%-40% off (+Edge-stacking).
+ can return, or exchange, games in local retail stores (this is BIG for me)
+ $off next purchase coupons good for TWO years
- $off coupons don't stack
- website can be flakey
- coupons don't always work right (often to our benefit)
- generally lower base trade in values.
- Used games aren't always 100% (if so, just exchange in store)

Now I'm not a big fan of what Gamestop represents, but I have to say that if you play their game, they can pay off with great deals.
That includes getting the email blasts, subscribing to edge/GI, watching CAG for sales and coupons.

In 2010 I've traded and bought a crapload at Gamestop So far they are leading the pack and have my vote for being most competitive.
Whether it continues moving forward???
Let's see what the May deals bring. April was one for my record books with a TON of trade-ins, flips, and game purchases.
If they top 25off coupon next month I will be broke.

Well I just called Gamestop to see if I could get a price adjustment... They're only crediting me with 3 more dollars since the order shows that I ordered when it was 35.99, but I can't complain. I just got Bioshock 2 for under 30 dollars with a 10 dollar coupon... I consider that a win.

I emailed GameStop and within 2 hours I received a response saying they are crediting $19 back to my credit card for 5 price drops. Great sale, great customer service.

A tip for those emailing: I pointed out in my email to them that I had purchased a couple hundred dollars worth of games in the last few days. Don't know if that helped, but it never hurts to point out that you're a good customer.

Well I cancelled my bioshock 2 order with amazon hoping that amazon will price match the now lower price of game stops bioshock 2. Hopefully they do then I will reorder.

[quote name='x_fiddle']So you get a $10 coupon for each of those games if you place an order for mutiple games from that list?[/QUOTE]

Yes. You could even order multiple copies of the same game and also get multiple credits. Just remember they won't stack.

[quote name='raiser']I am of the understanding there are really only 2 competetive online game retailers
Amazon and now Gamestop. Some may argue Gamefly or Family Video, but I haven't seen a deal that makes me shop at either.
BestBuy, Walmart, TRU, and other box stores rarely have a deal worth mentioning.

Amazon:
+ no tax for most people
+ good customer service
+ $off coupons stack

- website can be flakey

Now I'm not a big fan of what Gamestop represents, but I have to say that if you play their game, they can pay off with great deals.
That includes getting the email blasts, subscribing to edge/GI, watching CAG for sales and coupons.

In 2010 I've traded and bought a crapload at Gamestop So far they are leading the pack and have my vote for being most competitive.
Let's see what the May deals bring. April was one for my record books with a TON of trade-ins, flips, and game purchases.
If they top 25off coupon next month I will be broke.[/QUOTE]

I think this is a very good comparison. As a new game buyer only, Amazon still has a huge lead in my book, especially since I will only deal with Gamestop online as their stores are still a nightmare to deal with. The tax thing really makes a difference as well living in a 10% sales tax area. Even with a 25% off coupon that doesn't seem to work all the time and requires a $100 minimum purchase, that really drops the discount down to 15% which isn't worth it to me in most cases, especially since I regularly get Amazon gift cards and I like the $10 game credit stacking.

[quote name='raiser']
I am of the understanding there are really only 2 competetive online game retailers

Amazon:
+ no tax for most people
+ good customer service
+ $off coupons stack

- website can be flakey

If they top 25off coupon next month I will be broke.
[/QUOTE]

There's a lot more positive a negative you can add to each. Of course some of those will differ person to person though, including some of the ones you listed. It's not a bad start though. Also there are many other things that I can say, but that'd just derail the topic and I tend to try and stay away from that as this is a beneficial thread to the community.

Regardless, I still seriously think it's way too early to gauge anything yet. I'll just leave it at that and let the topic carry on as there's no way anybody here can change my opinion on that.

All I know is GameStop is finally hitting it's stride with used and new games, but amazon wins out for me if only because of my ECA order allowing me to still get 30% off games whenever I want plus no tax and free shipping. I did the math earlier, if I were to order GTA4Episodes I would pay either $20 via the $20 off $80 order (I figure it'll be 2 games in the order so $10 off each) or $22.50 with the 25% off code PLUS tax. Where as amazon would be around $22 with free 2 day shipping and a stackable $10 code.

I can see the appeal for all these GS deals, but thanks to ECA (which we now all hate) Amazon always wins out in my book.

Bah.. I didn't see that GS dropped DS to $33... I hope Amazon PM's before my order ships (or is being prepared to ship) so I can get it PM'd from when it dropped to $36.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Gosh fucking dammit, i spent fucking $3 more than I should have on DS last night! I want a fucking refund! In less than 12 hours they fuck me like this! Shit like this PISSES me off to no end!!![/QUOTE]

With that rationale, no store could EVER drop a price, since someone would buy it at the price before it got dropped. That ... would ... suck. Call them and see what they can do, but prices drop all the time.

[quote name='theclaw']Bioshock 2 used $26.39 is tempting... I think I'd rather have more comic books.[/QUOTE]

Gamefly has it if you are interested for 21 something.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']All I know is GameStop is finally hitting it's stride with used and new games, but amazon wins out for me if only because of my ECA order allowing me to still get 30% off games whenever I want plus no tax and free shipping. I did the math earlier, if I were to order GTA4Episodes I would pay either $20 via the $20 off $80 order (I figure it'll be 2 games in the order so $10 off each) or $22.50 with the 25% off code PLUS tax. Where as amazon would be around $22 with free 2 day shipping and a stackable $10 code.

I can see the appeal for all these GS deals, but thanks to ECA (which we now all hate) Amazon always wins out in my book.[/QUOTE]

i thought eca is no good now, no?

Just ordered Borderlands(360) for 26.xx using the $10 coupon from Little Big Planet I recently got. Man this spending is getting out of hand.

bread's done
Back