Gamestop B&M: Epic Quest Beta

PimpBot2000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Saw this at my local Gamestop. This might not be going on at all GS stores. I was told it's a beta promotion going on in select GS B&M areas.

http://www.gamestop.com/powerupmission

Basically you get a card at GS and register the code at powerupbonus.com.

Each time you complete one of the 4 missions, you get a reward. If you complete all 4 missions by Nov. 18, you get a $65 rewards coupon.

The missions are:

1. Trade in 4 games valued $10, must have $2.99+ base TIV each (get $10 off one preowned game coupon)

2. Buy 3 preowned games valued $14.99 total, must be $4.99+ each (get $10 off one preowned game coupon)

3. Buy $40 in collectibles, can be completed in multiple transactions (get $10 off one preowned game coupon)

4. Redeem points in the rewards center (get 5,000 rewards points)

A $65 Rewards Cash coupon will be delivered to your PowerUp Account Active Offers within 48-72 hours after all 4 missions have been completed.

[attachment=30930:IMG_7247.JPG]

[attachment=30932:gs18b.JPG]

All coupons expire 12/30/2018. Collectibles coupon does have some exclusions. $65 active offer just States off a single item, no other exclusions listed. It does state that it doesn't stack with other promotions. But knowing Gamestop who really knows what that is.

Last edited by a moderator:
All coupons expire 12/30/2018. Collectibles coupon does have some exclusions. $65 active offer just States off a single item, no other exclusions listed.
Now that's interesting. If it works on systems you could likely combine the 65+50+25+however many others they let you for a hefty amount off. Thanks for the confirmation!

In La...called 4 stores and no one knew anything...one of them even swore it was a scam. Manager got mad at me lol.

Do online purchases qualify for the collectibles criteria or are only in-store purchases tracked to make it to $40? Not a ton of stuff I'm interested in at my local store...

For those of you that have done the quest, what value of pre-owned games did you have to purchase and trade? The welcome email terms say 3 games worth $14.99 each, not just total. Were you able to get credit for 3 games adding up to $15 like the OP mentions?

For those of you that have done the quest, what value of pre-owned games did you have to purchase and trade? The welcome email terms say 3 games worth $14.99 each, not just total. Were you able to get credit for 3 games adding up to $15 like the OP mentions?

It has to be 3 preowned games that are $14.99 or more each after Elite PUR/PUR discounts.

So those of you who did this, which 4 games did you trade in? I'm still confused. OP says $3 each which is doable, official rules page says $10 each which I'm gonna really struggle with.

according to gamestop website says 2.99 each.

https://www.gamestop.com/powerupmission
Hellacious from this thread finally helped me to understand. It seems there's 2 of these promos going on depending upon your location and one gives codes for each tier, one gives only the code at the end. The code for each tier one requires the higher dollar trade/purchases. You can tell from the email they sent you when you read the fine print.

I'm assuming the $10 trade value of each game is based on the base value for the mission? I have a couple low-value switch games which would get over $10 now, but only with the bonus $5 going on right now.

Just wanted to post this to help with the confusion.

There are possibly two different versions of this running concurrently, at very least there are two separate urls with separate criteria:

https://www.gamestop.com/powerupmission

https://www.gamestop.com/powerupquest

One is easier than the other.

----

I have the PowerupQuest variant, thanks to bluebigman2006 for getting extras for everyone :D

The main question I have is: can all quests be completed in multiple purchases or only the collectibles as specified?

We recently purchased two 20~ dollar games each in separate transactions if I purchase another and the quest pops I'll update the post.

If everything can be done in separate transactions this seems like a decent thing that most people will accrue naturally. Hopefully this is the case as I rarely buy a bunch of games in one go, mostly since the games I'm buying are usually rarely in stock.

It looks like every quest can be completed in multiple transactions so that's good, I got this in my email to update me about progress:

vQrPq53.jpg

Been waiting for any sort of trade promise to do the trade part and it's killing me. The games I would trade without one trade for $9.60 which is super dumb. C'mon GS!

Been waiting for any sort of trade promise to do the trade part and it's killing me. The games I would trade without one trade for $9.60 which is super dumb. C'mon GS!
I'm struggling to find much in the realm of $10+ now. Even Mario RAbbids is below that

Damn, saw this when it was first posted and meant to participate but totally spaced on it. I know some people have been kind enough to give some extra's away, but I am not expecting that.

Don't care to throw someone a few bucks (paypal or amazon) if they have an extra code. And I'll check my gamestop soon and pay it forward if they are participating.

Thanks, not trying to beg, .....unless you're into that.

I was also having dificult on trading 10+ tradein value games so I traded some controllers with the above value and that worked!!

I just sucked it up and traded some switch games and bought a card game for the remainder of my collectibles total. So now that we're nearing the end, what is everyone using their free game coupon on?

I just sucked it up and traded some switch games and bought a card game for the remainder of my collectibles total. So now that we're nearing the end, what is everyone using their free game coupon on?
Smash, no question.
Would have preferred it be $65 credit though so I could spend it on more than one item.

bread's done
Back