Gamestop B&M: Epic Quest Beta

PimpBot2000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Saw this at my local Gamestop. This might not be going on at all GS stores. I was told it's a beta promotion going on in select GS B&M areas.

http://www.gamestop.com/powerupmission

Basically you get a card at GS and register the code at powerupbonus.com.

Each time you complete one of the 4 missions, you get a reward. If you complete all 4 missions by Nov. 18, you get a $65 rewards coupon.

The missions are:

1. Trade in 4 games valued $10, must have $2.99+ base TIV each (get $10 off one preowned game coupon)

2. Buy 3 preowned games valued $14.99 total, must be $4.99+ each (get $10 off one preowned game coupon)

3. Buy $40 in collectibles, can be completed in multiple transactions (get $10 off one preowned game coupon)

4. Redeem points in the rewards center (get 5,000 rewards points)

A $65 Rewards Cash coupon will be delivered to your PowerUp Account Active Offers within 48-72 hours after all 4 missions have been completed.

[attachment=30930:IMG_7247.JPG]

[attachment=30932:gs18b.JPG]

Smash, no question.
Would have preferred it be $65 credit though so I could spend it on more than one item.
Buy something more expensive than $65 with the Active Offer. Get a gift receipt and return the item. You'll get all of it back in store credit. Then you can split it up however you like.

Lol was confused how I completed the collectible mission. Forgot I picked up the Red Dead Redemption 2 collector's box...

Hey I just wanna pop back in here and give some info.

I thought I'd never get the $10 minimum game trade in. The other day I traded in a wiimote and a sleeve full of disc only wii games. The wii games were crappy and the best one was only like $6 or so. My transaction came out to $30ish.

Anyway a day or two later I get an email saying I had completed 1 part of the trade in mission thing. This got me looking, and my wiimote had a $10 base value... I'm wondering if it didn't count my wiimote?

I've got another wiimote, I'm gonna pop over there tonight and do it in it's own transaction and see what's up. If I get another email I'll definitely let you know. Makes that requirement much more easy!

Anyone know if the pre-owned game discount earned in quest 1, or a reward certificate you purchase for quest 4 can be used when buying games for quest 2 if it takes the price below $14.99?

Meaning... if I'm buying an $18 used game and use a $5 or $10 (or both) discount code on it, does it still count as a $14.99 or higher game?

Anyone know if the pre-owned game discount earned in quest 1, or a reward certificate you purchase for quest 4 can be used when buying games for quest 2 if it takes the price below $14.99?

Meaning... if I'm buying an $18 used game and use a $5 or $10 (or both) discount code on it, does it still count as a $14.99 or higher game?
The fine print does say it has to be $14.99 net price.

Just a heads up the email they send out with "updates on progress" seems to be heavily delayed.

On Sunday I ended up finishing two of the missions and yet today it still says I only have the points mission completed, even though I've already received the coupons for collectibles and 3x 14.99 games mission.

Edit: Also I have no idea how I completed the collectibles with all the clearance stuff I bought it only seems to total about 30 dollars. Weird.

--------

Edit 2: upon completing the final task which was trading in 4 games worth 10~ dollars I instantly got the coupon for 10 dollars off pre-owned instead of it taking 48 hours. Also I got another 10 dollars off collectibles -_-

I really hope it didn't glitch out I was hoping to use that final 65 dollar coupon this weekend.

Anyone else encounter 2x collectible coupons?

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone tried stacking the $65 with say a $50 coupon? Want to use it on a system and really hoping it'll stack.

My trade in from 10/29 doesn't show on my PUR history and I haven't received notice of completion of that part of the quest.  Is there any way to get them to fix it or am I stuck doing another trade in?

I think I completed all the requirements but now 1 of my collectible coupons as well as 1 of my 10 dollar off pre-owned coupons have disappeared.

For the 10 dollar trade in thing I ended up trading in two ps3 controllers, and two wii remotes. Hoping that triggered it properly.

Only thing I did today was buy a ten dollar Pikachu lamp for a christmas gif, and yet now I'm missing coupons :/

----

For anyone who has completed this event how many days before you got the 65 dollar coupon, and did you experience any weird stuff like I did above?

Mines acting screwy too, I definitely completed a few of these and haven't gotten the email nor the coupons... Hoping they show up on Monday... I should be $10 in collectibles short of completion.

Does anyone know if the 14.99 used game purchase requirement counts towards online purchases?
I hope so. It shows up on my rewards history same as everything else and I didn't see anything specific in the fine print.

Must be a PowerUp Rewards member to participate. Epic Quest Beta status will be communicated via the email you have provided for your Account once per week. All 4 missions must be completed by November 18, 2018, but may be completed in any order, to qualify for the Epic Quest Beta Reward. Mission tracking begins after you enter the activation code in the promotion. Complete details can be found at www.GameStop.com/PowerUpQuest. Coupons claimed in exchange for completing each mission cannot be used in combination with any other promotion. Coupons claimed for each mission will be delivered to your Account Active Offers 48-72 hours after you have completed that mission. Must purchase 3 pre-owned games with net value of each game at or greater than $14.99 to complete "Ascend Proving" mission. Must trade 4 games each valued at $10 or more to complete "Best Bartering Bog" mission. "Loot Treasure Cove" mission can be completed in multiple transactions. Mission tracking will not occur until the activation code has been entered and accepted. Activity will not be accrued retroactively. Only 1 mission may be activated per member.

Epic Quest Beta Reward- A $65 Rewards Cash coupon will be delivered to your PowerUp Account Active Offers within 48-72 hours after all 4 missions have been completed and cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion.

$10 off 1 Pre-Owned Game - Offer valid until 12/31/18. Coupon is required at time of purchase. No dealers. No demos accepted. No rain checks will be issued. Prices subject to change. See sales associate for complete details. Selection may vary by store. Some exclusions may apply. Subject to manager approval. Not valid on hardware. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice Limit one coupon per customer per visit.

$10 off 1 Collectibles Purchase - Valid until 12/31/2018. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Valid on select SKU's only. Must be a PowerUp Rewards member. No rainchecks available. No dealers. Limit one per customer. Coupon is required at time of purchase. Valid on any 1 sock, clothing, head ware, jewelry, wallet, blind bag/box, board game, housewares, trading cards, construction kits, POP Vinyl, or plush.

5,000 Point Bonus - to qualify for this bonus, 1 single point redemption of any amount must occur at www.PowerUpRewards.com. Points will be delivered no later than 30 days after the mission has been completed.

Got 2 more quests completed on friday and got the coupons for them this morning so it’s advisable to wait about 72 hours before it reflects on your status.

Got mine today too. Am I paranoid enough to believe they purposely delayed them so I couldn't use it during pro day? Nah.

Anyway $10 more in collectibles and I'm done by my calculations. I think I'll get Pokémon as my free game as long as the coupon is in by then.

Finally got the 65 dollar coupon on Saturday, didn't end up using it since the gamestop that had retro stuff no longer had what I wanted in stock.

Has anyone had any luck turning the coupon into trade credit? Not sure what else I want that is 65+ dollars, but there's plenty of 10-20 dollar games that are interesting to me.

Finally got the 65 dollar coupon on Saturday, didn't end up using it since the gamestop that had retro stuff no longer had what I wanted in stock.

Has anyone had any luck turning the coupon into trade credit? Not sure what else I want that is 65+ dollars, but there's plenty of 10-20 dollar games that are interesting to me.
Do you have to buy a $59.99 game to use the coupon or can it just be a different amount totaling $65?

I did all the quests this weekend. I got the first two coupons ($10 pre owned coupons) and i received my 5k points but nothing on the collectibles... nor the $65 coupon... how long did it take for you guys to get it?

edit: i bought nendoroid figures... they should still count right?

Thoughts on the God of War Collector's Edition. $59.99 and it seems to be available pretty much everywhere nearby. Don't really want it, but I can manage to sell it and break even that would be ideal.

I just have to Trade in one more game worth $10 lol this is soo hard now... I did get my red dead 2 for ps4 & xbox that I bought with pro day/cag16/elite pro coupons. About $34 each, and should trade in for $35 each right now.

I got credited with completion of the EPIC Quest Beta today. Thanks everyone for the trade in tips and thanks bigblueman2006 for the Epic Quest Code!

Did rewards center redemption and traded 4 games over $10. Now the thing that might cause issues is I bought $40+ of collectibles and 3 used games each over $15, online. Crossing my fingers it works out.

Did my last trade-in today.
Fingers crossed that I get my $65.

yes i redeemed 200 points for the sweepstakes and it worked
Did the same and got credited within a day or two. If you're really point hoarding, it's not hard to make that back through the Xtra Points thing.

I only received one of my $10 off preowned coupons. So I have no idea which challenge is hung up.  I technically should have all missions completed, but they haven't sent my update e-mail this week. Bummer. Do you all think it is not sending the second $10 off preowned coupon because it only allows one at a time?

I only received one of my $10 off preowned coupons. So I have no idea which challenge is hung up. I technically should have all missions completed, but they haven't sent my update e-mail this week. Bummer. Do you all think it is not sending the second $10 off preowned coupon because it only allows one at a time?
I received both $10 off pre-owned at the same time on Monday, along with the $65 final coupon. I completed everything during PRO weekend. They really should have a way to check progress besides the weekly email :(

Should work. I did the same and was credited.
Nice. Hopefully it all goes off without a hitch and I get the $65 coupon. Would love to get the coupons by Sunday to use on a PS4 (people said it works on anything, and hopefully sale prices don't somehow nullify coupons like with pro day). Lots of hopes.

bread's done
Back