GameStop: B2G1 Free on 1st Party PS Vita Titles - Now Live Online

The Afroman

CAG Veteran
Purchase 2 select PS Vita games and get 1 free. Free game must be of equal of lesser value, while supplies last. Expires 2/25/12

Uncharted: Golden Abyss $49.99
ModNation Racers: Road Trip $29.99
Hotshots Golf World Invitational $39.99
Wipeout 2048 $39.99
Little Deviants $29.99

So i walked in today to GS and picked up the PDP Folio and started talking to the GS Employee, about how i'm waiting till Target's B2G! offer.. Well he then says "We are doing that now.." I said "Wait what?!" He says yeah B2G1 free on Vita Launch titles. So i proceed to pick out my games and get ringed up. It seems that he couldn't do it.. He was mistaken The promo doesn't start till Sunday (he pulled up the internal memo and showed me) but he said "Well i said it was valid now so what the hey.." And rings it up.

*Update 2* It seems that the deal is live on Gamestop.com. First party titles only alas. But this is NOT regional it's nation wide. seems that some managers don't have there Sh*& together to notify customers.. ah well.

*Update* It seems that some of you have been able to confirm this and see that it's "apparently" First Party Titles only.. Since my GS was willing to do the promotion early and i guess didn;t read the fine print LOL I got a YMMV but.. Here are the titles that are CONFIRMED so far..

Modnation racers
Wipeout 2048
Hot shots golf
Little deviants
Uncharted

(scan of my receipt)
2for1.jpeg

I came in here to mention this as i know I went to Target and they are acting like idio

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='neuropunk']bunch of garbage[/QUOTE]

Holy shit you are just truly too dumb for words. lmao @ no rpgs when an rpg releases next month and many more within the year, but continue to have your head up your ass. The fact that you use the same tired "HERP DERP WASSUP WITH DEEZ shooter THESE DAYZ aND teh people that like teh gunz LOLZ XDD!!!" speaks volumes :applause:. Just because a system doesn't carry your specific genre of games doesn't mean the console or handheld HAZ NO GAEMZ

And no ive never heard of any of those meme's cause i dont spend all my time on the internet like some stupid ass oxygen thief. I was too busy playing all the so called "no good games within 3 years" to even bother wondering what random ass idiots on the web think about a console they're too broke to afford.

[quote name='renique46']Holy shit you are just truly too dumb for words. lmao @ no rpgs when an rpg releases next month and many more within the year, but continue to have your head up your ass. The fact that you use the same tired "HERP DERP WASSUP WITH DEEZ shooter THESE DAYZ aND teh people that like teh gunz LOLZ XDD!!!" speaks volumes :applause:. Just because a system doesn't carry your specific genre of games doesn't mean the console or handheld HAZ NO GAEMZ

And no ive never heard of any of those meme's cause i dont spend all my time on the internet like some stupid ass oxygen thief. I was too busy playing all the so called "no good games within 3 years" to even bother wondering what random ass idiots on the web think about a console they're too broke to afford.[/QUOTE]

There's no point in arguing. He's just going to keep trolling as long as you people give him a reason.

[quote name='neuropunk']What's up with current gamers and guns anyway?
[/QUOTE]

Have to agree with you here. If the Vita just caters to the new "core" gamers who only want to shoot one another in war-torn destroyed utopias, count me out.

[quote name='skubish']Dumbest thing I have heard on CAG. Uncharted 1&2 and warhawk all came out in the first 3 years of the PS3.

Argument Fail. Enjoy last gen. I am moving on to next gen.

Only valid reason to wait on a Vita: you can't afford it.[/QUOTE]

Buahahaha all the good games that are coming out on the vita are console ports enjoy playing your overpriced psp2 while I go through my backlog and wait for a price drop in true CaG fashion.

[quote name='skubish']Dumbest thing I have heard on CAG. Uncharted 1&2 and warhawk all came out in the first 3 years of the PS3.

Argument Fail. Enjoy last gen. I am moving on to next gen.

Only valid reason to wait on a Vita: you can't afford it.[/QUOTE]

I love new tech, like what the Vita is shaping up to be and own all consoles. I had a DsiXL and a PSP. And I have to say, cost is not the only reason to wait on a Vita.

I, personally, am not sold on the launch lineup. I see Uncharted as the only game worth buying at even B2G1 prices. That's not a matter of affording it, it's playing value for me. That's just personal preference, but it's still another reason to wait.

I do find it a little odd that one of this great system's major changes was to add a second analog stick to cater to the FPS crowd yet there's no FPS to speak of at launch. Not "launch window", whatever that is...but launch. Fighting games bore me after 5 minutes, and Ridge Racer sucked on PS3 (thus I'm not willing to drop $30 or $40 on a portable version of it). The other titles are getting poor to lukewarm reviews, which doesn't mean anything but it's just another question mark surrounding the software - for me.

I have my eye on Vita, but I'm not jumping in right now because the games aren't there. When my birthday rolls around in August, Resistance, Motorstorm and probably a few others will make this more enticing to own...and we just might hear buzz about a price drop by then.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Any chance of being able to Price Match an old purchase or something? Literally just brought 2 Vita games there on Wednesday

Can we seriously not turn another deal thread into an anti-vita/vita sucks/wait on vita thread? The damn thing is already out and numerous people (Myself included) love it

[quote name='midloo']Have to agree with you here. If the Vita just caters to the new "core" gamers who only want to shoot one another in war-torn destroyed utopias, count me out.[/QUOTE]
Rayman, Lumines, Escape Plan, Mutant Blobs Attack, Hot Shots and Katamari all involve guns and war-torn destroyed Utopias?!?! Sonofabitch! Canceling my preorder right now!

Seriously though, there's a lot of game variety on the Vita at launch and it's got one of the strongest launch lineups ever. I for one can't wait for mine on Wednesday. I have a 2-year-old and my gaming time is limited - handhelds and specifically the Vita are exactly what I'm looking for right now.

Now let's all shut up with the bashing and get back to the deal at hand. Can anyone else confirm that this B2G1 is actually happening?

I tried calling 3 stores, both acted like i was crazy (Which was my expected response).

Even asked the manager who i have known for a few years now, and he said he hasnt heard anything

[quote name='dgwillia006']I tried calling 3 stores, both acted like i was crazy (Which was my expected response).

Even asked the manager who i have known for a few years now, and he said he hasnt heard anything[/QUOTE]

I just called my local GS too where the store manager is my friend and he hasn't heard anything about this and he read all emails from corporate for the day.

I called and they acknowledged the possibility of the deal. They're not sure if its first party limitation or not though.

If you guys want to hate on the thread title, I'm down with that. But all this hate for the Vita is just plain childish.

But seriously, which games are technically considered first party o_O? Just the Sony produced ones? Or is it anything that launched on 2/15 too

[quote name='GizmoGC']Used Vita games only. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Yeah the title is very misleading. Also, how do you have used vita games when they are only less than a week old.

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']Yeah the title is very misleading. Also, how do you have used vita games when they are only less than a week old.[/QUOTE]

Did you even bother to read the first post in this thread? I'm guessing you didn't.

Just came back from my local GS. Both sales people told me the offer is valid starting next week, but is only for first party Vita games.

I apologize for the misleading title guys. I didn't mean to get your hopes up. I was just comparing to the B2G1 that Target offers. It's for new games obviously.. Although i did pic up a used copy of Little Deviant's already. :p

Sorry.

So we have like 5 titles to choose from for the buy 2 get 1 free, so Uncharted, Hot Shots golf and idk what else, I wish it included pre-orders, would get mlb the show I suppose. I guess I could just trade in the third title.

[quote name='WormFOODx']I call a manager friend. Not real.[/QUOTE]

I called a few friends of mine that are managers and plus I worked at GameStop for many years and this is not real. Also that receipt shows a "promotion not found" discount which will probably lead to a termination of that employee which sucks for him. Or the possibility that select stores that are close to target will match that deal. Christiana Mall in Delaware usually matches with Best Buy in trade deals as well as Target so it mite not go into effect later tonight or tomorrow morning at those locations. Basically its a waiting game now...

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Game selection I suppose.[/QUOTE]
Won't they have all of the titles available for launch? Or are people judging things based on the games that release on the 15th..

[quote name='Apathetic-Irony']Won't they have all of the titles available for launch? Or are people judging things based on the games that release on the 15th..[/QUOTE]

Supposedly all stores arent carrying all of the launch titles, the target here wont have Ninja Gaiden or Dungeon Hunter.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Supposedly all stores arent carrying all of the launch titles, the target here wont have Ninja Gaiden or Dungeon Hunter.[/QUOTE]

Target near me already has their shelf tags up and they are only going to have 3-4 games...

Ok, now that I'm not around and about town I can elaborate. I called two manager friends and I also used to work at GameStop. This deal is not only uncharacteristic of GameStop, it's not in their emails. Don't get your hopes up people.

[quote name='buckythekat']Target near me already has their shelf tags up and they are only going to have 3-4 games...[/QUOTE]

Very unlikely. Most Targets should have at least half of the launch titles according to the inventory info people have found in the Target thread.

I called my local store and the sales associate checked the emails right then. He said that he saw nothing of the sort.

Same. I called all 5 stores around me and all said they have no such deal. They wont honor the target ad of course and one actually said I dont think we need to do that thats a waste of our time. So again, GS fails.

I have never seen GS doing a B2G1F deal that is not on used games. This is very strange. I ll believe it when I see the add. Btw I asked the store manger at GS and he had no idea.

[quote name='Apathetic-Irony']Why?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Game selection I suppose.[/QUOTE]

What he said.

[quote name='aramsey1986']Same. I called all 5 stores around me and all said they have no such deal. They wont honor the target ad of course and one actually said I dont think we need to do that thats a waste of our time. So again, GS fails.[/QUOTE]

I've heard that myself once before, when asked why they wouldn't match a Gunstringer GC offer. Told me that GS is such a leader in game sales that they don't need to hold aggressive sales.

Hookay, buddy.

This thread sucks and needs to be removed, it's not happening or at the very most YMMV price match to Target at the OP's Local Gamestop. Mods please remove this post.

[quote name='tightclaws']this thread sucks and needs to be removed, it's not happening or at the very most ymmv price match to target at the op's local gamestop. Mods please remove this post.[/quote]rabble rabble rabble

[quote name='Sonne']I've heard that myself once before, when asked why they wouldn't match a Gunstringer GC offer. Told me that GS is such a leader in game sales that they don't need to hold aggressive sales.

Hookay, buddy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it is laughable how some of these store managers are. O have one by my house that said he wont sell the games till the system comes out. Unless you pre-ordered them all. I am like no thank you I will go to another retail (Amazon/Target) an get my copies from them.

[quote name='Sonne']I've heard that myself once before, when asked why they wouldn't match a Gunstringer GC offer. Told me that GS is such a leader in game sales that they don't need to hold aggressive sales.

Hookay, buddy.[/QUOTE]

The leader in exploiting soccer moms and old people.

Spoke to my local GS manager. He checked the system for the deal, and said there was no evidence but...

did indicate that there was a conference call early in the morning which was highly unusual for a Sunday. So, there is a possibility that this deal is real.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Supposedly all stores arent carrying all of the launch titles, the target here wont have Ninja Gaiden or Dungeon Hunter.[/QUOTE]
How do you know? Do they already have all of their stock for launch, even the games that release on 2/22 (like Ninja Gaiden)?

Sorry if I'm being repetitive, but it wouldn't be the first time the internet gets carried away. I'm planning on getting Uncharted, Lumines, and Virtua Tennis 4, so I want to make sure I can get them and not have to worry about whether or not Amazon decides to do its own promotion =]

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back