GameStop: B2G1 Free on 1st Party PS Vita Titles - Now Live Online

The Afroman

CAG Veteran
Purchase 2 select PS Vita games and get 1 free. Free game must be of equal of lesser value, while supplies last. Expires 2/25/12

Uncharted: Golden Abyss $49.99
ModNation Racers: Road Trip $29.99
Hotshots Golf World Invitational $39.99
Wipeout 2048 $39.99
Little Deviants $29.99

So i walked in today to GS and picked up the PDP Folio and started talking to the GS Employee, about how i'm waiting till Target's B2G! offer.. Well he then says "We are doing that now.." I said "Wait what?!" He says yeah B2G1 free on Vita Launch titles. So i proceed to pick out my games and get ringed up. It seems that he couldn't do it.. He was mistaken The promo doesn't start till Sunday (he pulled up the internal memo and showed me) but he said "Well i said it was valid now so what the hey.." And rings it up.

*Update 2* It seems that the deal is live on Gamestop.com. First party titles only alas. But this is NOT regional it's nation wide. seems that some managers don't have there Sh*& together to notify customers.. ah well.

*Update* It seems that some of you have been able to confirm this and see that it's "apparently" First Party Titles only.. Since my GS was willing to do the promotion early and i guess didn;t read the fine print LOL I got a YMMV but.. Here are the titles that are CONFIRMED so far..

Modnation racers
Wipeout 2048
Hot shots golf
Little deviants
Uncharted

(scan of my receipt)
2for1.jpeg

I came in here to mention this as i know I went to Target and they are acting like idio

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Yeah links arent working but its on the slider on the main page, enjoy folks.[/QUOTE]

Has anyone purchased anything? In my cart the discount showed up but when I went to checkout everything jumped back to full price...

Also, any FS codes?

[quote name='aramsey1986']First party titles only...wow lame Gamestop you dropped the ball on that one.[/QUOTE]

It's still a deal.

[quote name='Gosha']It's still a deal.[/QUOTE]

I guess. Just when you spend $50 an $40 to then prob get a game thats $30 feels crappy.

Just tried this on gamestop.com with Uncharted, Hot Shots, and Modnation racers and got mod nation racers free!!!! So we know it works online. Also I added Uncharted, Hot Shots and Lumines and the deal didn't go through...so it looks like its just on first party games, however I will attempt a few other combos.

The promo that appears.B2G1VITA - Purchase 2 select PSVita games and get 1 free. Free game must be of equal of lesser value, while supplies last. Expires 2/25/12 - Wipeout 2048 - PS Vita

It seems that the deal is live on Gamestop.com. First party titles only alas. But this is NOT regional it's nation wide. seems that some managers don't have there Sh*& together to notify customers.. ah well. First post updated. Not as good of a deal as Target, it seems i got lucky with a manager that jumped the gun. Also Uncharted: GA is 39.99 at Toy "r" Us FYI

bleh I suppose it would be too obvious to get 3 copies of uncharted to resell them elsewhere...

Uncharted is practically $30 at TRU by 2/25 (Spend $50 on Vita products and get $20 gift card deal)

Hey everyone that is talking about how you can't get preorders for games with the buy 2 get 1, I have an idea. Couldn't we buy say Uncharted, Hotshots and Wipeout, leave either Wipeout or Hot Shots sealed because they are $39.99 and just exchange it when MLB The Show comes out? Considering MLB the show comes out March 6th, I think we can get away with that/

I'm not sure how Gamestop does it but at most places like Target if you bought a $50, $40 and $30 game you would get the $30 game for free because it's cheapest but the receipt would should a $30 discount (cost of free game) divided across the three games purchased so in effect your $50 game would show that you paid $40 on the receipt, your $40 game would show $30 on the receipt and your $30 game (FREE GAME) would actually show that you paid $20 for it on the receipt therefore you wouldn't get the full value later on if you tried to return one.

just buy 3 uncharted and take 2 back to walmart for some store credit on a gift card.. sealed of course. one at a time..

[quote name='The Afroman']just buy 3 uncharted and take 2 back to walmart for some store credit on a gift card.. sealed of course. one at a time..[/QUOTE]

You know they track returns.. and furthermore they only allow x amount of returns per quarter without a receipt. I think it's four.

[quote name='GBAstar']You know they track returns.. and furthermore they only allow x amount of returns per quarter without a receipt. I think it's four.[/QUOTE]

Would a gift receipt from Gamestop work if you wanted to exchange one later on for another game? Or do they also lower the cost of each game like Target?

[quote name='spauldingfan']Would a gift receipt from Gamestop work if you wanted to exchange one later on for another game? Or do they also lower the cost of each game like Target?[/QUOTE]

Honestly I have no idea. Best Buy used to do Full Price + Full Price + 0 for a B2G1 free but I know Target and TRU prorate the value of games accordingly.

I don't really buy games from Gamestop so I don't know how they'll ring up

[quote name='GBAstar']Honestly I have no idea. Best Buy used to do Full Price + Full Price + 0 for a B2G1 free but I know Target and TRU prorate the value of games accordingly.

I don't really buy games from Gamestop so I don't know how they'll ring up[/QUOTE]

It might be worth a try, since both GS and BB mark two of the games full price and one at $0, while TRU and Target lower each game. I can go either way with a game like Hot Shots, so most likely just keep it sealed for a week and try to exchange it for Unit 13. If no go, I have no problem keeping it.

Srsly, gamestop employees are so stupid. I called around gamestop 8 30 PM and the employee laughed at me and said thats only Target. Only reason I even go to gamestop is because I get gift cards there through e-rewards and manage to to stack up a lot of credit by getting games on sale and quickly flipping them there

[quote name='bgame2']People owe the OP some apologies for doubting.[/QUOTE]

Why? He didn't provide a letterhead scan of the email to stores, this type of deal is extremely (as in EXTREMELY) unusual for GameStop, he was told about this deal by a GameStop employee (who historically aren't exactly known for making accurate statements) and more people in this thread than not who asked sales associates and managers about the deal were told they saw no email about it.

Not that all this is the OP's fault, but aside from a manually adjusted receipt, what proof did he have that the deal was indeed true? I don't see why anyone owes him an apology, unless they came in and started taking personal shots at him.

All anyone can say is "thanks for sharing the deal OP, we're glad that the deal ended up as real and that you got lucky by not being limited to firsty party titles!"

Im going to call my store manager today an see if I can return uncharted an get hot shots golf an wipeout for the deal. Hopefully he is a cool guy an lets me since I will be spending more $$ lol.

[quote name='captaintek3304']5+ pages of people saying Gamestop would never do this, and "My friend is the manager, he told me its not true!"

Hilarious[/QUOTE]

...because this 'sale' isn't real. This isn't a deal at all, it's a way to get rid of shovelware.

[quote name='GBAstar']You know they track returns.. and furthermore they only allow x amount of returns per quarter without a receipt. I think it's four.[/QUOTE]

I was at Target and this lady was returning w/o a receipt. The employee told her you are only allowed to return $100 worth of merchandise in a year.
The lady was surprised when the employee gave her under half of her return cause the item was on sale that week.:booty:

[quote name='Romeo']...because it isn't true. This isn't a deal at all, it's a way to get rid of shovelware.[/QUOTE]

Wipeout + HSG + Uncharted=not shovelware. At all.

[quote name='The Afroman']Def not trolling. I myself HATE GameStop. never get a god deal there. but since i moved up the Syracuse area there isn't much up here to choose from. I prefer small shops/amazon/fry's
(moved up here from Austin,Tx)
I have been shopping around for the best deals on Vita stuff and i was even going to do the target thing. But i walked into Target 2 days ago and talked to their Electronic employees (they had no f'in clue about the Vita..the games or the releases they are getting) The VG section had all of the PSP stuff mixed in with Vita.. So when i walked in to a GS that wasn;t even close to where i live and they gave me this deal i had to share..
GS can go straight to hell for their pricing schemes.. :hot:[/QUOTE]
What about that Game Craze store that's up in the Carousel Mall? Mind ya, their prices are eBay-esque, so probably not the best idea there. There's also a smaller game shop right near the Great Northern Mall. I forget the name of it though. I've always been pressed for time when I'm up in Syracuse area since I only go up there for work sometimes, but you might wanna check them out too.

But besides that you have THREE malls within 20 miles of each other. You also have Camillus and Fayetteville areas, where there's Target stores and other little shops to some extent around there.

I personally love going to Syracuse, since I almost always score something good from one of the shops, whether it's pennied guides from GS/BB or decent clearance titles from Target.

About the only thing that really sucks is that ALL of the Blockbuster stores up there are closed/closing. Next nearest one is 20+ miles to the east of Syracuse.
[quote name='Bronson-Lee']Wipeout + HSG + Uncharted=not shovelware. At all.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. But out of those three, I'd probably only grab Uncharted myself since I've never been a fan of racing or golf games, even though Hot Shots is more of an arcadey golf game.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
Exactly. But out of those three, I'd probably only grab Uncharted myself since I've never been a fan of racing or golf games, even though Hot Shots is more of an arcadey golf game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I grabbed Wipeout already, I've played enough HSG, and Uncharted is too expensive + apparently has too much touch crap on it. That being said, obv not shovelware there. Modnation looks fine too, if you don't mind that there's no true online.

Heading out to gamestop in a bit to pick up a few games.

Question - does the wifi version come with any kind of memory card? I thought it came with a 4gb but I am not seeing it in the specs anywhere.

[quote name='Bronson-Lee']Yeah, I grabbed Wipeout already, I've played enough HSG, and Uncharted is too expensive + apparently has too much touch crap on it. That being said, obv not shovelware there. Modnation looks fine too, if you don't mind that there's no true online.[/QUOTE]
Ahh. They're doing the touch screen stuff like the earlier PS3 games did the SixAxis crap, huh? I always hated when games offered no way to turn off the motion control stuff(Heavenly Sword, Lair).

[quote name='InvaderZim']Heading out to gamestop in a bit to pick up a few games.

Question - does the wifi version come with any kind of memory card? I thought it came with a 4gb but I am not seeing it in the specs anywhere.[/QUOTE]

Nope.

[quote name='Romeo']...because this 'sale' isn't real. This isn't a deal at all, it's a way to get rid of shovelware.[/QUOTE]

Weird because I would think that a B2G1 is a "sale" as you put it. And also, seeing as how many have confirmed it now , including myself who just bought 3 of these games for the price of 2...it looks pretty real to me. But that's fine that you're ignorant bland have no clue what's going on.

[quote name='Bronson-Lee']Wipeout + HSG + Uncharted=not shovelware. At all.[/QUOTE]

Also, what he said. Learn the definition of shovelware before you make stupid, uninformed comments.

[quote name='Danzego']

1. Why? He didn't provide a letterhead scan of the email to stores, this type of deal is extremely (as in EXTREMELY) unusual for GameStop.

2. he was told about this deal by a GameStop employee (who historically aren't exactly known for making accurate statements)

3. and more people in this thread than not who asked sales associates and managers about the deal were told they saw no email about it.

4. Not that all this is the OP's fault, but aside from a manually adjusted receipt, what proof did he have that the deal was indeed true? I don't see why anyone owes him an apology, unless they came in and started taking personal shots at him.

5. All anyone can say is "thanks for sharing the deal OP, we're glad that the deal ended up as real and that you got lucky by not being limited to firsty party titles!"[/QUOTE]

1. You think this deal is EXTREMELY unusual for GameStop? Well, imagine if Wal-Mart had this deal. That would go BEYOND EXTREMELY unusual since I have never seen a buy 2 get 1 free on games. EVER. Best Buy? Maybe 2 times a year. If anything, Best Buy is a copy cat of GameStop with their 1 year magazine deal if you pay $15 to get discounts on used games. Oh yeah, and now they have B2G1 on used games... where did they get that from? ;)

2. Best Buy doesn't have a good track record with employees making accurate statements either. I have dealt with BB employees who don't know about sales and in some cases it seems that I know more about their deals than these guys who work for the company. "Will you have X game on sale tomorrow"? "I don't know, it is a new game so I doubt it". Next day, game was on sale. Point is, this happens at other retailers but people love to give GameStop a hard time.

3. Duh, employees are not supposed to advertise sales in advance without proper authorization. Can you imagine if Sony told everyone 1 week in advance that the PS Vita will drop $50. Do you think people will hold off for 1 week to buy a Vita? :roll:

4. The OP had proof from one store. Do you think a store employee would jeopardize his job with some BS story about a B2G1?

5. "Glad the deal ended up being real"? So if the deal had been fake, then OP should be banned for life? "Got lucky for not being 1st title games only"? Lucky for what? What would you have done or demanded from OP if this only included 1st party titles?

Dude get the fuck out of your high horse and stop being a Mr. know it all.

Also Danzego, the 5 pages of "I sleep with a manager's next door neighbor so I know there's no sale" discourages people from posting about these types of sales.

I actually find part of the deal to be the early knowledge of the deal. How many times do people on this site say "oh, it's hit SD so the deal might as well be dead. There won't be anything left for me." Your analysis failed to put any value in having the knowledge that the sale was going to happen and fails to account for that fact that future posters may be dissuaded from posting. They might as well say "Well F all of those ungrateful CAGs.

Obviously I'm not trying to start a debate, this is not the forum for that and I certainly have no issue with you commenting on my statement, but I do think there was a significant value to the OP's posting that was not recognized by many posters.

[quote name='bgame2']"Well F all of those ungrateful CAGs."[/QUOTE]
That's what I've been saying for a while about quite a few on here. Why bother posting a deal when someone will obviously come in and repeat the always endearing and original 'durrrr not a deal hurrr hurrr' bullshit or my personal favorite 'shipping kills the deal'(see: GoHastings threads for this).

It's like people expect you to walk them through how to get a deal anymore on here and have free shipping AND % off codes to make the deal more palatable to them. If a deal isn't for you, that's fine. But you don't need to make a comment on it that we've heard 1000x before.:roll:

[quote name='NHDrumline17']Does gamestop sell Vita full game download codes? Trying to figure out how to use this deal to get PSN credit or PSN codes.[/QUOTE]

They do, yes.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']They do, yes.[/QUOTE]

Just called my store and they have no codes and it's not anywhere on the website. Are you sure?

Just went to GS an returned my copy of uncharted an got hot shots and wipeout added. Guy was being kinda egh about it but im like your getting more money from me. dont complain.

@HakurenKyo06

My GS doesn't reveal trade-in value over the phone. You need to be in person with the item in hand for them to give you the amount.

I thought this was with all GSs

To get the download codes go to the deal and if you look on the left you will see "Download Now" click that and then the download codes will show up on the page. I would post the link for it but now it's showing up as a bad link.

[quote name='supraman']@HakurenKyo06

My GS doesn't reveal trade-in value over the phone. You need to be in person with the item in hand for them to give you the amount.

I thought this was with all GSs[/QUOTE]

No, this is just some DBs at your store. Maybe it even comes from your DM. Just pick a random city, in a random state, and Google search for a store near there. Call them and they'll tell you!

[quote name='captaintek3304']No, this is just some DBs at your store. Maybe it even comes from your DM. Just pick a random city, in a random state, and Google search for a store near there. Call them and they'll tell you![/QUOTE]

No it's not necessarily, some states have laws in place that prevent them from giving out trade in prices over the phone iirc.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back