GameStop: B2G1 Free on 1st Party PS Vita Titles - Now Live Online

The Afroman

CAG Veteran
Purchase 2 select PS Vita games and get 1 free. Free game must be of equal of lesser value, while supplies last. Expires 2/25/12

Uncharted: Golden Abyss $49.99
ModNation Racers: Road Trip $29.99
Hotshots Golf World Invitational $39.99
Wipeout 2048 $39.99
Little Deviants $29.99

So i walked in today to GS and picked up the PDP Folio and started talking to the GS Employee, about how i'm waiting till Target's B2G! offer.. Well he then says "We are doing that now.." I said "Wait what?!" He says yeah B2G1 free on Vita Launch titles. So i proceed to pick out my games and get ringed up. It seems that he couldn't do it.. He was mistaken The promo doesn't start till Sunday (he pulled up the internal memo and showed me) but he said "Well i said it was valid now so what the hey.." And rings it up.

*Update 2* It seems that the deal is live on Gamestop.com. First party titles only alas. But this is NOT regional it's nation wide. seems that some managers don't have there Sh*& together to notify customers.. ah well.

*Update* It seems that some of you have been able to confirm this and see that it's "apparently" First Party Titles only.. Since my GS was willing to do the promotion early and i guess didn;t read the fine print LOL I got a YMMV but.. Here are the titles that are CONFIRMED so far..

Modnation racers
Wipeout 2048
Hot shots golf
Little deviants
Uncharted

(scan of my receipt)
2for1.jpeg

I came in here to mention this as i know I went to Target and they are acting like idio

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Danzego']Why? He didn't provide a letterhead scan of the email to stores, this type of deal is extremely (as in EXTREMELY) unusual for GameStop, he was told about this deal by a GameStop employee (who historically aren't exactly known for making accurate statements) and more people in this thread than not who asked sales associates and managers about the deal were told they saw no email about it.

Not that all this is the OP's fault, but aside from a manually adjusted receipt, what proof did he have that the deal was indeed true? I don't see why anyone owes him an apology, unless they came in and started taking personal shots at him.

All anyone can say is "thanks for sharing the deal OP, we're glad that the deal ended up as real and that you got lucky by not being limited to firsty party titles!"[/QUOTE]

I agree. Just glad the deal was a deal. I'm not mad. :p :bouncy:

[quote name='unkleEL']To get the download codes go to the deal and if you look on the left you will see "Download Now" click that and then the download codes will show up on the page. I would post the link for it but now it's showing up as a bad link.[/QUOTE]

The downloads don't seem to apply with this promo :(

[quote name='The Afroman']I agree. Just glad the deal was a deal. I'm not mad. :p :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
...but doesn't it give you a warm feeling inside that all the naysayers are eating crow?

[quote name='The Afroman']Purchase 2 select PS Vita games and get 1 free. Free game must be of equal of lesser value, while supplies last. Expires 2/25/12

Uncharted: Golden Abyss $49.99
ModNation Racers: Road Trip $29.99
Hotshots Golf World Invitational $39.99
Wipeout 2048 $39.99
Little Deviants $29.99

So i walked in today to GS and picked up the PDP Folio and started talking to the GS Employee, about how i'm waiting till Target's B2G! offer.. Well he then says "We are doing that now.." I said "Wait what?!" He says yeah B2G1 free on Vita Launch titles. So i proceed to pick out my games and get ringed up. It seems that he couldn't do it.. He was mistaken The promo doesn't start till Sunday (he pulled up the internal memo and showed me) but he said "Well i said it was valid now so what the hey.." And rings it up.

*Update 2* It seems that the deal is live on Gamestop.com. First party titles only alas. But this is NOT regional it's nation wide. seems that some managers don't have there Sh*& together to notify customers.. ah well.

*Update* It seems that some of you have been able to confirm this and see that it's "apparently" First Party Titles only.. Since my GS was willing to do the promotion early and i guess didn;t read the fine print LOL I got a YMMV but.. Here are the titles that are CONFIRMED so far..

Modnation racers
Wipeout 2048
Hot shots golf
Little deviants
Uncharted

(scan of my receipt)
2for1.jpeg

I came in here to mention this as i know I went to Target and they are acting like idio[/QUOTE]

Dude I would have covered some of those numbers if I were you. Sucks that it's only for Sony titles given Uncharted is the best of that list at $50. Modnation has no online play, Hot Shots is mediocre, and Little Deviants is fine, but not for everyone.

Would have been awesome if Lumines was in that list.

I called my GS to see if they had ninja gaiden out early, and the guy asked me if I had it preordered, I said no and he told me I better come do it today because no one wants it and they won't be getting any.

I hate GameStop so much.

I'm glad this deal worked out for same and that the deal went through. For those trying to shit on us because our manager friends didn't have a corporate email yet you need to get off your high horse. I swear this Vita thing has brought the worst out of this community.

Went to GS and they were out of UC. CSR tried to do the promo with 2 physical copies of games and 1 downloadable and the system wouldn't do it for those wondering.

[quote name='klimb22']...but doesn't it give you a warm feeling inside that all the naysayers are eating crow?[/QUOTE]

Oh it does. :booty:
But as fellow gamers.. I love ya all, and i'm glad i could help.

[quote name='WormFOODx']I'm glad this deal worked out for same and that the deal went through. For those trying to shit on us because our manager friends didn't have a corporate email yet you need to get off your high horse. I swear this Vita thing has brought the worst out of this community.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, because "manager friends" were wrong. This was posted on GameFaqs a few days ago and was wondering how long before someone here posted the same deal.

[quote name='finsfan0210']Went into my local GS and grabbed Uncharted Golden Abyss x 3. Although one was gutted.[/QUOTE]

Why would you get 3 copies?

Just got back...ended up getting JUST Uncharted. I had a powerup $25 off any item coupon and was going to get three games. Couldn't use it with the b2g1. Then I found out you had to buy three DIFFERENT games with NO duplicates...brutal.

Going to get three $39.99 games at Target with a $50 gift card on Wednesday...Gamestop pissed me off...oh well.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Why would you get 3 copies?[/QUOTE]

1 for myself and I'll sell the other 2. Who wouldn't take advantage of GS.

[quote name='loserboy']Just got back...ended up getting JUST Uncharted. I had a powerup $25 off any item coupon and was going to get three games. Couldn't use it with the b2g1. Then I found out you had to buy three DIFFERENT games with NO duplicates...brutal.

Going to get three $39.99 games at Target with a $50 gift card on Wednesday...Gamestop pissed me off...oh well.[/QUOTE]

Actually thats not true cuz I got Uncharted GA X 3.

[quote name='finsfan0210']1 for myself and I'll sell the other 2. Who wouldn't take advantage of GS.

Actually thats not true cuz I got Uncharted GA X 3.[/QUOTE]

He actually showed me the email that states three different titles...you got lucky...

[quote name='plus1zero']I called my GS to see if they had ninja gaiden out early, and the guy asked me if I had it preordered, I said no and he told me I better come do it today because no one wants it and they won't be getting any.

I hate GameStop so much.[/QUOTE]

So why are you mad at GameStop? Are they obligated to carry all games at all times? Stores place orders to their distribution center based on what is needed or out of stock, so if a particular game is not in demand, then the store will not order copies.

[quote name='finsfan0210']1 for myself and I'll sell the other 2. Who wouldn't take advantage of GS.

[/QUOTE]

We have a winner ^^^

Just another CAG who only cares about himself and wants to make a quick buck. Two other people who really wanted the game are out of luck. I guess McDonalds doesn't pay much. You would take advantage of Wal-Mart, Best Buy and any other stores, not just GameStop.

[quote name='oasisboy']We have a winner ^^^

Just another CAG who only cares about himself and wants to make a quick buck. Two other people who really wanted the game are out of luck. I guess McDonalds doesn't pay much. You would take advantage of Wal-Mart, Best Buy and any other stores, not just GameStop.[/QUOTE]
:lol:Wow. Just wow. You really love shilling for GS, don't ya? I mean, are you the CEO's kid or something that you actually care THIS much when people say something bad about a faceless megacorporation? Every comment from you in a GS thread is defending them. It's just beyond hilarious.

When something is a good deal or exploitable and you can resell the other portions of a purchase to make what you're keeping cost little to nothing, then why wouldn't anyone take advantage of a sale like this?

Just another CAG who only cares about himself and wants to make a quick buck. Two other people who really wanted the game are out of luck. I guess McDonalds doesn't pay much. You would take advantage of Wal-Mart, Best Buy and any other stores, not just GameStop.[/QUOTE]
Why do you care what other people do during sales? How does it affect you personally? I'm just curious, since every time there's a sale at GS and someone comments about how GS sucks or how they plan on reselling some of what they bought you seem to jump down their throat.

fuck you man. I work in retail like many CAG's and my wife is a manager at McDonalds so thats offensive to me. There are multiple GS's in my area plus you can order games online or just go to Target. Think before you judge.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Why do you care what other people do during sales? How does it affect you personally? I'm just curious, since every time there's a sale at GS and someone comments about how GS sucks or how they plan on reselling some of what they bought you seem to jump down their throat.[/QUOTE]

I don't care what you do with your money or time. I am just telling you what I think. I am not going to put a gun to your head to change your way of thinking. I am giving my opinion just like everyone else has one. It irritates me a little bit the comments about "screwing" GameStop or how the company "sucks" yet these people run to the store when there are deals like this one. In short, I hate hypocrites (but as I said, do as you please, this is just my opinion). I have been very clear that I used to work for GameStop and I know the other side of the coin where employees put up with shit from customers that try hard to "get their way".

[quote name='finsfan0210']fuck you man. I work in retail like many CAG's and my wife is a manager at McDonalds so thats offensive to me. There are multiple GS's in my area plus you can order games online or just go to Target. Think before you judge.[/QUOTE]

Dude, I used to work in retail (GameStop) so don't come crying to me. Why is my McDonalds comment offensive to you? Suck it up, that's how society views fast food employees. If my comments bother you, then go get a degree (same for your spouse) and get a job that is worth bragging about. I did it while working at GameStop since I knew I didnt want to be in retail for the rest of my life.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='oasisboy']We have a winner ^^^[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Rule number one in a B2G1 free sale is to purchase titles of the same price to get the best discount. Since Uncharted is the only 49.99 title, I'd have done the same thing.

[quote name='oasisboy']I don't care what you do with your money or time. I am just telling you what I think. I am not going to put a gun to your head to change your way of thinking. I am giving my opinion just like everyone else has one. It irritates me a little bit the comments about "screwing" GameStop or how the company "sucks" yet these people run to the store when there are deals like this one. In short, I hate hypocrites (but as I said, do you as please, this is just my opinion). I have been very clear that I used to work for GameStop and I know the other side of the coin where employees put up with shit from customers that try hard to "get their way".

Dude, I used to work in retail (GameStop) so don't come crying to me. Why is my McDonalds comment offensive to you? Suck it up, that's how society views fast food employees. If my comments bother you, then go get a degree (same for your spouse) and get a job that is worth bragging about. I did it while working at GameStop since I knew I didnt want to be in retail for the rest of my life.[/QUOTE]:):)

Gamestop sucks :lol::lol:

[quote name='WormFOODx']I'm glad this deal worked out for same and that the deal went through. For those trying to shit on us because our manager friends didn't have a corporate email yet you need to get off your high horse. I swear this Vita thing has brought the worst out of this community.[/QUOTE]

theres been way worse :rofl:

[quote name='oasisboy']I don't care what you do with your money or time. I am just telling you what I think. I am not going to put a gun to your head to change your way of thinking. I am giving my opinion just like everyone else has one. It irritates me a little bit the comments about "screwing" GameStop or how the company "sucks" yet these people run to the store when there are deals like this one. In short, I hate hypocrites (but as I said, do you as please, this is just my opinion). I have been very clear that I used to work for GameStop and I know the other side of the coin where employees put up with shit from customers that try hard to "get their way".

Dude, I used to work in retail (GameStop) so don't come crying to me. Why is my McDonalds comment offensive to you? Suck it up, that's how society views fast food employees. If my comments bother you, then go get a degree (same for your spouse) and get a job that is worth bragging about. I did it while working at GameStop since I knew I didnt want to be in retail for the rest of my life.[/QUOTE]

All I'm going to say is fuck you and the horse you rode in on. And that is my last comment on the sitation.

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']I picked up Wipeout, Hot Shots, and Uncharted. Rayman was 5 bucks cheaper at Sams.[/QUOTE]

I grabbed the same. Going to check Target Wed or Thurs after I actually get my Vita to see what they still have in their B2G1 sale. Definitely need to find Rayman somewhere. I really wanted Modnation but I've heard so many bad things about it compared to the PS3 version so I may wait for that one to hit the bargain bin.

I had bought Uncharted GA on the 15th so I brought the game back to gamestop and asked if I could return it and rebuy it for the buy 2 get one free offer. He said no problem so I bought Modnation and got little deviants for free!

Yeah they do. I know in my store we only got one copy of quite a few games, so to put them out they had to gut them.

Oh, you're a real piece of work, you are. Ok, I'll play.

[quote name='oasisboy']1. You think this deal is EXTREMELY unusual for GameStop? Well, imagine if Wal-Mart had this deal. That would go BEYOND EXTREMELY unusual since I have never seen a buy 2 get 1 free on games. EVER. Best Buy? Maybe 2 times a year. If anything, Best Buy is a copy cat of GameStop with their 1 year magazine deal if you pay $15 to get discounts on used games. Oh yeah, and now they have B2G1 on used games... where did they get that from? ;)[/QUOTE]

Uhhhh.....ok? Not quite sure why you're rambling on about Walmart, Best Buy, copycats, and all that other "hoo haa". The fact remains that this type of deal IS extremely unusual for Gamestop.

[quote name='oasisboy']2. Best Buy doesn't have a good track record with employees making accurate statements either. Etc.....[/QUOTE]

Again: uhhh.....ok? Talking about Best Buy's track record doesn't make my statement any less true. What exactly are you trying to prove here- that Walmart and Best Buy suck, too? I never said anything to the contrary in my post, so I'm not sure why you're trying to argue that with me. 0_o

[quote name='oasisboy']3. Duh, employees are not supposed to advertise sales in advance without proper authorization. Can you imagine if Sony told everyone 1 week in advance that the PS Vita will drop $50. Do you think people will hold off for 1 week to buy a Vita? :roll: [/QUOTE]

We're not talking about 1 week here; we're talking about the next day. Either way, that's beside the point. The evidence was not pointing at the deal being true, so people had every right and reason to be skeptical.

[quote name='oasisboy']4. The OP had proof from one store. Do you think a store employee would jeopardize his job with some BS story about a B2G1?[/QUOTE]

He had proof that the employ believed such a deal would take place and matched a price because of it. It wouldn't be the first time an employee- wherever they may be working- made a mistake or believed something was going to happen when it didn't. It was definitive proof from the OP that HE got the deal, but it wasn't definitive proof that the deal actually existed. On top of that, in the end, the deal he did end up getting wasn't even the proper deal in the first place, so anything you say otherwise is a moot point.

[quote name='oasisboy']5. "Glad the deal ended up being real"? So if the deal had been fake, then OP should be banned for life? "Got lucky for not being 1st title games only"? Lucky for what? What would you have done or demanded from OP if this only included 1st party titles?[/QUOTE]

What?!?! I never said or implied anything about how he should be banned or whatever had the deal been fake (where the **** are pulling all of this crazy **** from, anyway?). Furthermore, I merely said he was lucky to pick up three games he wanted rather than being limited to first party games, like the deal actually states. And he is.

[quote name='oasisboy']Dude get the fuck out of your high horse and stop being a Mr. know it all.[/QUOTE]

Wow. I need to get off "my high horse"? I'm not the one being a completely condescending whacko and freaking out on someone on a messageboard just because of....well, I don't even know why you're freaking out. Seriously, lay off the uppers, Capt. Internet. YIKES!!

[quote name='oasisboy']1. You think this deal is EXTREMELY unusual for GameStop? Well, imagine if Wal-Mart had this deal. That would go BEYOND EXTREMELY unusual since I have never seen a buy 2 get 1 free on games. EVER. Best Buy? Maybe 2 times a year. If anything, Best Buy is a copy cat of GameStop with their 1 year magazine deal if you pay $15 to get discounts on used games. Oh yeah, and now they have B2G1 on used games... where did they get that from? ;)

2. Best Buy doesn't have a good track record with employees making accurate statements either. I have dealt with BB employees who don't know about sales and in some cases it seems that I know more about their deals than these guys who work for the company. "Will you have X game on sale tomorrow"? "I don't know, it is a new game so I doubt it". Next day, game was on sale. Point is, this happens at other retailers but people love to give GameStop a hard time.

3. Duh, employees are not supposed to advertise sales in advance without proper authorization. Can you imagine if Sony told everyone 1 week in advance that the PS Vita will drop $50. Do you think people will hold off for 1 week to buy a Vita? :roll:

4. The OP had proof from one store. Do you think a store employee would jeopardize his job with some BS story about a B2G1?

5. "Glad the deal ended up being real"? So if the deal had been fake, then OP should be banned for life? "Got lucky for not being 1st title games only"? Lucky for what? What would you have done or demanded from OP if this only included 1st party titles?

Dude get the fuck out of your high horse and stop being a Mr. know it all.[/QUOTE]

Oh, you're a real piece of work, you are. Ok, I'll play.

1) Uhhhh.....ok? Not quite sure why you're rambling on about Walmart, Best Buy, copycats, and all that other "hoo haa". The fact remains that this type of deal IS extremely unusual for Gamestop.

2) Again: uhhh.....ok? Talking about Best Buy's track record doesn't make my statement any less true. What exactly are you trying to prove here- that Walmart and Best Buy suck, too? I never said anything to the contrary in my post, so I'm not sure why you're trying to argue that with me. 0_o

3) We're not talking about 1 week here; we're talking about the next day. Either way, that's beside the point. The evidence was not pointing at the deal being true, so people had every right and reason to be skeptical.

4) He had proof that the employee believed such a deal would take place and matched a price because of it. It wouldn't be the first time an employee- wherever they may be working- made a mistake or believed something was going to happen when it didn't. It was definitive proof from the OP that HE got the deal, but it wasn't definitive proof that the deal actually existed. On top of that, in the end, the deal he did end up getting wasn't even the proper deal in the first place, so anything you say otherwise is a moot point.

5) What?!?! I never said or implied anything about how he should be banned or whatever had the deal been fake (where the **** are pulling all of this crazy **** from, anyway?). Furthermore, I merely said he was lucky to pick up three games he wanted rather than being limited to first party games, like the deal actually states. And he is.

Finally, I need to get off "my high horse"? I'm not the one being a completely condescending LUNATIC and freaking out on someone on a messageboard just because of....well, I don't even know why you're freaking out. Seriously, lay off the uppers, Capt. Internet. YIKES!!

[quote name='bgame2']Also Danzego, the 5 pages of "I sleep with a manager's next door neighbor so I know there's no sale" discourages people from posting about these types of sales.

I actually find part of the deal to be the early knowledge of the deal. How many times do people on this site say "oh, it's hit SD so the deal might as well be dead. There won't be anything left for me." Your analysis failed to put any value in having the knowledge that the sale was going to happen and fails to account for that fact that future posters may be dissuaded from posting. They might as well say "Well F all of those ungrateful CAGs.

Obviously I'm not trying to start a debate, this is not the forum for that and I certainly have no issue with you commenting on my statement, but I do think there was a significant value to the OP's posting that was not recognized by many posters.[/QUOTE]

Wait....WHAT?!?!? Did you seriously just say "Obviously I'm not trying to start a debate"?

LOL. Wow....I haven't seriously laughed in disbelief at something someone crapped out on the internet like what you just said in, like, EVER. If you're actually not trying to start a debate, you may want to completely revamp your psychotic approach toward others, because your approach now completely sucks.

What a jerk. Judging by other people's comments and opinions about you in this thread, I'm not the only one who sees it. Not by far.

Does anyone know if I can do this?
Go in to buy hot shots and wipe out, get mod nation free.
then right away i return hot shots and wipeout to buy rayman and lumines.
will i be able to return the 2 games while keeping mod nation free?

I was excited about this offer until I realized I could only choose from those 5 games. I only want one of those games at all. Uncharted.

Ticks me off that they couldn't just match Targets offer of B2G1 for ALL Vita games. all my credit is at GS though.

[quote name='lllGurulll']I was excited about this offer until I realized I could only choose from those 5 games. I only want one of those games at all. Uncharted.

Ticks me off that they couldn't just match Targets offer of B2G1 for ALL Vita games. all my credit is at GS though.[/QUOTE]

Yea but Target is only offering certain titles. Target isn't stocking certain titles. Hell, Target isn't letting people get these deals until Wednesday.

I don't tend to shop Gamestop anymore but you'd better believe I SPECIFICALLY wanted Hot Shots Golf. Uncharted was a maybe. Wipeout was a possibly. Gamestop got me all three, yesterday, with no arguement. Between Target and Gamestop (and Sam's for Rayman) I've gotten the titles I cared about.

[quote name='Danzego']Oh, you're a real piece of work, you are. Ok, I'll play.

1) Uhhhh.....ok? Not quite sure why you're rambling on about Walmart, Best Buy, copycats, and all that other "hoo haa". The fact remains that this type of deal IS extremely unusual for Gamestop.

2) Again: uhhh.....ok? Talking about Best Buy's track record doesn't make my statement any less true. What exactly are you trying to prove here- that Walmart and Best Buy suck, too? I never said anything to the contrary in my post, so I'm not sure why you're trying to argue that with me. 0_o

3) We're not talking about 1 week here; we're talking about the next day. Either way, that's beside the point. The evidence was not pointing at the deal being true, so people had every right and reason to be skeptical.

4) He had proof that the employee believed such a deal would take place and matched a price because of it. It wouldn't be the first time an employee- wherever they may be working- made a mistake or believed something was going to happen when it didn't. It was definitive proof from the OP that HE got the deal, but it wasn't definitive proof that the deal actually existed. On top of that, in the end, the deal he did end up getting wasn't even the proper deal in the first place, so anything you say otherwise is a moot point.

5) What?!?! I never said or implied anything about how he should be banned or whatever had the deal been fake (where the **** are pulling all of this crazy **** from, anyway?). Furthermore, I merely said he was lucky to pick up three games he wanted rather than being limited to first party games, like the deal actually states. And he is.

Finally, I need to get off "my high horse"? I'm not the one being a completely condescending LUNATIC and freaking out on someone on a messageboard just because of....well, I don't even know why you're freaking out. Seriously, lay off the uppers, Capt. Internet. YIKES!![/QUOTE]

You can't beat the master.

1. By saying that GameStop's deal is Extremely unusual, you are implying that other stores such as Best Buy, Wal-Mart and so on have these type of deals quite frequently. Which is not the case. You are just trying to justify your dislike for GameStop. How come when I see Wal-Mart online deals, people like you don't say "Man, Wal-Mart has a deal, that is Extremely unusual!".

2. All I was saying is that there is no perfect retailer. People love to pile on GameStop's customer service yet the other major retailers are as worse. End of story.

3. How is the evidence not pointing at the deal being true? You are not thinking like a retail employee. Employees at stores wouldn't be pulling shit out of their ass on stuff like this if it wasn't going to happen. Employees get fired for making up shit like this if it is not true. OP got plenty of heat from people like you which deters others from posting future deals.

4. Read point 3.

5. I read your quote as implying that OP got lucky that his comments in his original post became true.

Dude, nobody is freaking out. I am just getting a kick out of all this. It is a nice little break on my day off.

[quote name='Brawl96']Does anyone know if I can do this?
will i be able to return the 2 games while keeping mod nation free?[/QUOTE]

You might be able to pull that off at Target. Just don't bring in the receipt when you do the return and see what happens.

To do it with the receipt, I believe both companies require you to return all three games.

[quote name='Brawl96']Does anyone know if I can do this?
will i be able to return the 2 games while keeping mod nation free?[/QUOTE]
I had tried once at GS with a B2G1 on used games and not sure if it was a smart employee or if the system warned him but he said since I used the B2G1 deal I had to return everything.

It was also an order I placed online so not sure if that makes a difference.

Also having trouble on picking a 3rd game. Wipeout and Uncharted for sure but having issues on picking either ModNation or Hot Shots for the third.

[quote name='oasisboy']
1. By saying that GameStop's deal is Extremely unusual, you are implying that other stores such as Best Buy, Wal-Mart and so on have these type of deals quite frequently. Which is not the case. You are just trying to justify your dislike for GameStop. How come when I see Wal-Mart online deals, people like you don't say "Man, Wal-Mart has a deal, that is Extremely unusual!".[/quote]
Actually anytime I see a real deal at WalMart I damn near pass out since their idea of 'clearance' usually is $.03 off MSRP. So when the recent WM mostly universal but still highly YMMV(dependent on if the price changes were done yet) clearance of older titles got posted on CAG, I just didn't believe it at first. But then when people were finding decent games, I got intrigued enough to check 2-3 of my local ones. As expected, I found the AC/DC Rock Band track pack in numbers I had only ever seen in Gamestop on their used shelves.
2. All I was saying is that there is no perfect retailer. People love to pile on GameStop's customer service yet the other major retailers are as worse. End of story.
Best Buy has been decent(to me anyway)as of late with their customer service. I've done tons of price matching, heaps of game trades and I have a feeling I may even score some penny guides when/if they finally drop some again with the luck I've had there recently.

Don't get me wrong. I know they had a total clusterfuck of a holiday season and angered many customers by overselling products they obviously didn't have in stock to sell in the first place. But for me they've been great as of late. Now TRU, Target, Kmart and WalMart on the other hand have been total shit to me for many months now, but then again I'm not even talking about customer service in regards to those stores but the lack of actual deals for me there.:booty:

[quote name='oasisboy']You can't beat the master.[/QUOTE]

"the master"? LOL. Ooook, Capt. Whatever you say. Anyway....

[quote name='oasisboy']
1. By saying that GameStop's deal is Extremely unusual, you are implying that other stores such as Best Buy, Wal-Mart and so on have these type of deals quite frequently. Which is not the case. You are just trying to justify your dislike for GameStop. How come when I see Wal-Mart online deals, people like you don't say "Man, Wal-Mart has a deal, that is Extremely unusual!".

3. How is the evidence not pointing at the deal being true? You are not thinking like a retail employee. Employees at stores wouldn't be pulling shit out of their ass on stuff like this if it wasn't going to happen. Employees get fired for making up shit like this if it is not true. OP got plenty of heat from people like you which deters others from posting future deals.

4. Read point 3.

5. I read your quote as implying that OP got lucky that his comments in his original post became true.

Dude, nobody is freaking out. I am just getting a kick out of all this. It is a nice little break on my day off.[/QUOTE]

1) I'm not implying anything about any other store in the world. I said that it's unusual for Gamestop to have a deal like that and that's precisely what I meant; nothing less, nothing more. You're wrong.

2) Again, I didn't say or imply anything about any other store, period. You're wrong again.

3) When more people than not are being told that the deal isn't true, then that's precisely what we're led to believe. At that point, it doesn't look like the deal is true. It's actually rather simple to understand. But then, given your replies to the previous two points (despite them being simple and straightforward statements), I can see how you might be thrown by this stuff, too.

4) See point 3.

5) Imagine that- you read something and took it totally different than what was written there. That seems to be your M.O. You might want to work on that reading comprehension issue you have.

Some anger management courses probably wouldn't be a bad idea, either. If your idea of having fun and kicking back is tearing into people in a condescending and psychotic manner, you could sure use them.

bread's done
Back