Gamestop B2G1 Free Sale - Starts 6/28 PUR Members

poker360

Banned
790X161_B2G1F.jpg

Terms and Conditions: Free pre-owned item must be of equal or lesser value. Not valid with any other offer. Hardware not eligible as free item. See associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Valid 6/28/12-7/1/12 for PowerUp Rewards Members. 6/29/12-7/1/12 for all customers.

I picked up SMT: Devil Survivor, SMT: Strange Journey, and Yakuza 3 for 34.xx with tax. Not an amazing deal, but I definitely found some games I was looking for.

[quote name='crypto186']any good ps3/xbox 360 game for 5 bucks?

I only found duke nuke and prince of persia..

Any recommendations much appreciated![/QUOTE]

I just bought Turok, Alone in the Dark Inferno and Rise of Argaonauts for $12 bucks. Turok is actually pretty good--like Halo with Dinosaurs. Haven't tried the other two yet. Also Devil May Cry 4 is a steal at $5.

Had a ton of credit and I used quite a bit of it on a bunch of single player PS3 games. Many for myself, and a few for the kids. Ended up with...

Captain America
Thor
Iron Man 2
Green Lantern
Prince of Persia
de Blob 2
Medievel Moves: Deadmund's Quest
CSI: Fatal Conspiracy
Prison Break
WWE:Legends of Wrestlemania
Trivial Pursuit
The Penguins of Madagascar (start of the kid's games)
Ben 10: Ultimate Alien
Kung Fu Panda 2
Megamind
Where the Wild Things Are

There were quite a few games I really wanted like Uncharted 3, Jak and Daxter Collection, Saint's Row The Third, and God of War Origins. However, those were all still higher prices so I could not really stock up and a couple have online passes so I didn't want to buy them from Gamestop.

I know the numbers do not make sense, but that is due to a couple DS games being bought for the kids as well.

Alright. I had an excellent trip to Gamestop/BB. I spent $85 on around 18 games and flipped them all for $240 BB credit. Additionally, I kept another 4 PS3 games: Prince of persia, Duke Nuke (yeah it sucks, but it was free), R3 (new - @gamer), and MOH Limited Edition. To conclude, I also received $19 in-store credit at Gamestop for SSX and bought a 90day membership of RS for that flaming skull.

I want to change the BB credit for Amazon credit to buy creatine and protein..and PS3 Display! Any suggestions how to change BB credit to Amazon is much appreciated.

All it took was about 40 mins research and 1:15 hrs flippin..so total 2hrs isn't bad for a 19 yr old college student enjoying summer break!

In b4, rs is for mentally challenged people.
In b4, do you even lift?

RIP Zyzz - Forever Mirin

[quote name='matrix9280']Your PS3 is gonna vomit after you put all that crap in it.[/QUOTE]
de blob 2 ps3 was really good (got it on clearance somewhere). can't vouch for the rest of his list.

Finished Asura's Wrath, so I'm going to swap it out tomorrow with something else. I'm not sure, i'll have ~35 to play with. Any suggestions? I kind of want Alice, but I want one that has the code for the original included. I'm sure my odds are 1000 to 1 of having that happen. Wish I could find out ahead of time on my phone if a code has already been used...

[quote name='crypto186']I want to change the BB credit for Amazon credit to buy creatine and protein..and PS3 Display! Any suggestions how to change BB credit to Amazon is much appreciated.
[/QUOTE]

Buy amazon (kindle) gift cards. they are good for anything on amazon (despite being called kindle cards)...they come in $20 and $50 denoms

:ps2:
hitman contracts
r-type final
viewtiful joe
total under $4

r racing evolution
okage
guilty gear x2
total under $3

picked up splinter cell double agent, rainbow six vegas and rainbow six vegas 2, all for 360, for $11.xx. dont know if it was intentional but the cashier gave me the limited edition of vegas 2 in pristine shape. i was only expecting the disc since i took up one of those beat up cases with the gamestop cover, so it was a very nice surprise

[quote name='masterchief2291']picked up splinter cell double agent, rainbow six vegas and rainbow six vegas 2, all for 360, for $11.xx. dont know if it was intentional but the cashier gave me the limited edition of vegas 2 in pristine shape. i was only expecting the disc since i took up one of those beat up cases with the gamestop cover, so it was a very nice surprise[/QUOTE]

When I used to work there, and I assume this is most people who do work there, I would always try to give the people who actually seemed to care about games and stuff the best copies. Unless it's the last one, of course.

[quote name='crypto186']I want to change the BB credit for Amazon credit to buy creatine and protein..and PS3 Display! Any suggestions how to change BB credit to Amazon is much appreciated.[/QUOTE]

1) Look for Kindle Gift Cards near the Kindles.
2) Buy them. You can buy GC with GC.
3) Feel silly for not figuring this out while you were in the store.

If your store is one that doesn't carry Kindle cards, you're sort of boned since Amazon hasn't run any good trade in promos in a long, long time. You could try to bleed it over slowly by locking in trades on the BB deals of the day early, but that'll take forever @ a max of two per game per year (and, since some DOTD don't even help move credit -- looking at you, Battlefield).

Picked up Pokemon Heart Gold and Diamond with Dragon Age: Origin's Ultimate Edition being free. Also picked up Killzone 2 for my dad.

[quote name='@FIF']Intersting. Do PUR coupons stack with the 10% discount, too? The Skyrim coupon for 4000 points * 2 + a free copy of Black Ops could be a big positive at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm Skyrim coupon works with B2G1F (not sure what happens if it's the cheapest game but it otherwise works) and the price of Skyrim post coupon is $27 for PUR Pro.

Grabbed Shadows of the Damned, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and Vanquish (all for the 360) earlier for $32.xx. Deus Ex won't install or play for some reason (disc looks pristine minus a sticker on the top around the hole in the center) so I'm headed back tomorrow to exchange it or get something else. Almost grabbed Fable III, Deadly Premonition, and Enslaved while I was there. Might do that tomorrow.

[quote name='superhippy1986']You guys think Gamestop would be angry at me if I returned MW2 & Lego Star Wars for a refund and keep Prince of Persia?[/QUOTE]

They do not allow returns unless you return all 3 at the same time. You can exchange games though. And besides, you are talking about engaging in return fraud which is a big :cry:

[quote name='shiftymcneely']They do not allow returns unless you return all 3 at the same time. You can exchange games though. And besides, you are talking about engaging in return fraud which is a big :cry:[/QUOTE]

Umm what? You saying I gotta bring all three? Ummm why? I just want to return those two out of three. And not talking about fraud.I just bought them today & I don't like the lego game or MW2 which I bought used. If I have to I'll call up one in NJ just to ask them if I can return it then go to the store in my area.

[quote name='superhippy1986']Umm what? You saying I gotta bring all three? Ummm why? I just want to return those two out of three. And not talking about fraud.I just bought them today & I don't like the lego game or MW2 which I bought used. If I have to I'll call up one in NJ just to ask them if I can return it then go to the store in my area.[/QUOTE]

You realize you have to pay for the third that you did not pay for correct? I mean that's the whole thing, you can't just have a free game...

[quote name='tuffguycore']You realize you have to pay for the third that you did not pay for correct? I mean that's the whole thing, you can't just have a free game...[/QUOTE]

So do I bring all three to them tomorrow and ask for a refund on the two I paid for and they refund my money minus the $5 for the free game?

Or would it be easier to return all three because I'll do it if I gotta lol.

why would gamestop refund 2 of the games in full and let you keep the 3rd game at no cost? if they did that, then anyone could go in, pick up 3 games and just turn right around and say "here's the 2 i technically paid for, obviously i'll be keeping the 3rd game since it comes up as $0 on the receipt!" then you could collect an endless amount of free games!

[quote name='superhippy1986']Okay what are you people not understanding.... Refund MINUS the $5 the free game will cost.

MINUS THE $5 of the free game.[/QUOTE]

and what we are saying is you gotta bring in all THREE GAMES. so uhm what are you people not understanding? since the game is free it is counted as free. to unfree it we need to get rid of all three games at once.

also this

[quote name='cancerman1120']Kids stay in skool[/QUOTE]

+1

on topic went in for 4 or 5 games came out with 12. got one game that was used but it was still sealed! wartech on the 360. got it to fill out the lower games 5 dollars and less. dont know why she just gave me a sealed copy with a preowned sticker. awesome.

[quote name='kayne2000']and what we are saying is you gotta bring in all THREE GAMES. so uhm what are you people not understanding? since the game is free it is counted as free. to unfree it we need to get rid of all three games at once.

also this

+1

on topic went in for 4 or 5 games came out with 12. got one game that was used but it was still sealed! wartech on the 360. got it to fill out the lower games 5 dollars and less. dont know why she just gave me a sealed copy with a preowned sticker. awesome.[/QUOTE]

Sigh..... Fine!!!! I'll bring all three in! God damn it all!! I'd slap you if I could!!!!!

[quote name='superhippy1986']Sigh..... Fine!!!! I'll bring all three in! God damn it all!! I'd slap you if I could!!!!![/QUOTE]

...and I'd ban you from this place if I could.

[quote name='superhippy1986']Sigh..... Fine!!!! I'll bring all three in! God damn it all!! I'd slap you if I could!!!!![/QUOTE]

is it really worth getting angry over having to carry three cases in instead of two?

EDIT:

also slapping the messenger(though more than one of us answered your question) is helpful how? i suppose next time i wont answer.

[quote name='sotc1988']...and I'd ban you from this place if I could.[/QUOTE]

I'd ban you for the lolz. Don't ban me... I'm lovable!!!

[quote name='kayne2000']is it really worth getting angry over having to carry three cases in instead of two?[/QUIOTE]

Sorry I was having a moment... I think we all get three "moments" per year on here...

Picked up these:

Pure $5 *Great ATV racing game*
Dead Rising $5
Lost Planet Colonies Edition $0

Batman Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition $13
Bayonetta $13
Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion $0

Picking up Nier tomorrow and two other games I still haven't decided on. (Want Shadows of the Damned, but not at the current price)

It's not like you're giving up the game forever..
You can return all 3, then when you get 3 other games, one can be the one you wanted to keep. :cool:

[quote name='superhippy1986']I'd ban you for the lolz. Don't ban me... I'm lovable!!!

[/QUOTE]

You actually sound like an arrogant motherfucker.

[quote name='zlatour']You actually sound like an arrogant motherfucker.[/QUOTE]

No I'm not! Just your friendly neighborhood spider-man!

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Is Saboteur worth it? How does the game play...stealth, action?[/QUOTE]

Both. Its stealth and action ww2 adventure game

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Is Saboteur worth it? How does the game play...stealth, action?[/QUOTE]

For $12.99 it's without a doubt worth it. It's a GTA clone but I actually prefer the clones to the real thing, so take that for what it's worth. I would compare it more with The Godfather game (the first one).

[quote name='iduncurr']So would
Black Ops (Ps3)
Black Ops (360)
and Skyrim with the PUR Coupon work?

Hmmm...tempted.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure you can't stack the coupon with the B2G1.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I can confirm Skyrim coupon works with B2G1F (not sure what happens if it's the cheapest game but it otherwise works) and the price of Skyrim post coupon is $27 for PUR Pro.[/QUOTE]

^
But is the only one person who confirmed it, so not sure if his store is a little lax then other stores.

I'm pretty friendly with my GS so I might be able to pull it off...it won't be the free game either.

[quote name='iduncurr']So would
Black Ops (Ps3)
Black Ops (360)
and Skyrim with the PUR Coupon work?

Hmmm...tempted.[/QUOTE]

I know Black Ops works for the B2G1 sale but not sure about Skyrim with coupon.

[quote name='metallicoholic']For $12.99 it's without a doubt worth it. It's a GTA clone but I actually prefer the clones to the real thing, so take that for what it's worth. I would compare it more with The Godfather game (the first one).[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Actually just finished with Saints Row 3. Thinking about Saboteur...maybe Nier. Need a third.

[quote name='Tsel']Pretty sure you can't stack the coupon with the B2G1.[/QUOTE]

You can. If your store is chill, you can use the coupon * 2 for Skyrim on each system and free copy of Black Ops. +38 on the trade after tax for me. Nearly 30 if you flip two Black Ops and a single Skyrim w/ the coupon. I found a BOPs Hardened Edition steel book on the shelves, so I grabbed that, traded the game in disk only, and will clear another $20 selling the case on eBay. Not bad for a 15 minute side trip on the way back from the grocery store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up:

Lost Odyssey ($13)
The Last Remnant ($10)
Infinite Undiscovery (free)

They all weren't the same price to start with, but I couldn't really find 3 games I wanted that actually were the same price.

bread's done
Back