Gamestop B2G1 officiallly starts on 11/25 - Dead

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/b2g1/default.aspx
Code for online: B2G1FREE

Active Now!

Got confirmation at all 3 immediate stores around me. They will be starting it on Wednesday 11/25/09 all day (none of that 7pm crap) and then it will continue through until Sunday closing as usual. Huzzah! Don't need to crowd in with crazy black friday shoppers!

Edit: Added in that it may start on 11/25 since its apparent there is no way to confirm besides just my word and the managers at the 3 stores I have talked to, this and people are bitching and whining too much, so just going to go with this for now.

[quote name='denos-games']i am a manager at a gamestop and i can confirm to everyone the sale is going on for 3 days friday, saturday, and sunday and we are closed on thursday (Thanksgiving)
There was some confusion on if we want to start it on wednesday but decided not to
Any other questions just ask
and as far as the blackfriday ad goes for new releases that are on sale for 39.99 the used prices will stay the same

Happy holidays[/QUOTE]

Noted

Edit: Confirmed and with link (thanks to DJP519),

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/b2g1/default.aspx

And to the Gamestop "manager" above (and a special dedication to kidu),

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxFc1RMbko4

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='evildeadjedi']Please tell me that Golden axe is a gag gift or for a mortal enemy.[/QUOTE]
My wifes sister has 5 boys between the ages of 6-13, I really dont think they will give a rats ass what games they're getting

I just hit jackpot for the most part.. I got COD MW 2 (360) New Super Mario Bros Wii (no clue why someone traded it in so early) and Smack Down VS RAW 2010 (I may switch it for boarderlands in a day or 2.. They have 4 copies of it in, I rented it first with a free rental from blockbuster so I'll see how I like it. I got all of that for $99 after edge discount...

I also picked up, Zelda Phantom Hour Glass (DS), Castlevania Order of Ecclesia (DS) and a classic wii controller. All for $36 (after edge card discount)

I also had trade in credit so I got ALL of that for $65. Cant beat that! :)

Oh ya I also picked up Soul Calibur IV (360) for $10 at blockbuster (great price) :)

Just picked up Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3 GOTY ed., and Left 4 Dead 2. Already have Borderlands and Dragon Age... finished Brutal Legend last week, but the backlog... it just keeps growing...

picked up the following:
1st ebgames: Call of duty modern warfare 2, Ninja gaiden sigma 2, and uncharted 2.
2nd store: Dragon age orgins, batman, and infamous.
Might pick up another three games this evening on my way to school.

[quote name='gomikeoh']i know it says games, but usually accesories apply. is that the case this time around? thankx.[/QUOTE]
someone last page posted that he bought 2 games and got a DS3 for free, so I'd say so

[quote name='gomikeoh']i know it says games, but usually accesories apply. is that the case this time around? thankx.[/QUOTE]
i tried to get an assessory with 2 games, dude said it was only games. But i'm pretty sure other ppl have been able to combine so YMMV

This was in georgetown BK, NY

First person at my gamestop this morning lol.

Batch 1:

Modern Warfare 2
Uncharted 2
Demons Souls

Batch 2:

Wanted
Tomb Raider Underworld
Alone In The Dark Inferno

(batch 2 is for trophies then trade off on craigslist, batch 1 is to add to the collection).

Every single game in original case, perfect manual and artwork, and not a single scratch on the games.

A++++.

p.s. - I had to call 8 stores to find MW2 PS3 yesterday till i finally got it, did a return and rebuy on it.

p.p.s. - I got the last Uncharted 2 in the store and the 2nd to last Demon Souls in the store.

[quote name='atrsixaild']i tried to get an assessory with 2 games, dude said it was only games. But i'm pretty sure other ppl have been able to combine so YMMV

This was in georgetown BK, NY[/QUOTE]

Ya my gamestop let me do it. I got 2 $20 DS games and a Classic Wii remote.
But ya he said they allow you to mix games and accessories. So I did just that w00t.

Oh ya can anyone think of 2 GOOD PS3/360/Wii games for $30 each used? I got 2 sets of games so far and want to do one more. My gamestop has kingdom hearts in for the DS for $30 so I am trying to think of 2 other good games to match it for the same price.

So, I had $180.00 from my trade-in credit. And I got the following

Modern Warfare 2 (PS3)
Uncharted 2 (PS3)
Dragon Age Origins (PS3)

Total - 98.98

Then I picked up

Valkyria Chronicles
Folklore
Dead Space (360)

Total - 34.95

If you buy more than 3 games be careful to get it rung up so that you don't get ripped off. I had to be very insistent (but polite); the clerk seemed to think I was ripping them off. Just as an example, if you buy 3x $50 games and 3x$10 games they will try to give you 2 $10 games as the free ones.

I'm sure there's probably some way to do a sub-total on the register to make sure this doesn't happen but at least at my store they didn't seem interested in finding out.

[quote name='atrsixaild']i tried to get an assessory with 2 games, dude said it was only games. But i'm pretty sure other ppl have been able to combine so YMMV

This was in georgetown BK, NY[/QUOTE]

It's not a "YMMV" thing - Goto the details at the official Gamestop website. The fine print clearly state:

"Buy any 2 used games or accessories, get one free."

Went out and got
All 26.99 games:
Ghostbusters (PS3)
Endless Ocean
Uncharted
All 17.99 & all PS3
LEGO Batman
LEGO Indiana Jones
Trivial Pursuit
80.96 was the total. About 13.50 for each on average. Not bad, especially since Endless Ocean goes for about $40 on ebay.

[quote name='donkeydrop']If you buy more than 3 games be careful to get it rung up so that you don't get ripped off. I had to be very insistent (but polite); the clerk seemed to think I was ripping them off. Just as an example, if you buy 3x $50 games and 3x$10 games they will try to give you 2 $10 games as the free ones.

I'm sure there's probably some way to do a sub-total on the register to make sure this doesn't happen but at least at my store they didn't seem interested in finding out.[/QUOTE]
This is not at all how it worked for me, the guy rang up all 6 games I got, totaled them and it took off one 26.99 game and one 17.99 game, he didn't do anything special to make that happen either. The employee you got was trying to rip you off.

right on there web site it even shows Buy any 2 used games or accessories, get one free. Offer valid in stores and online from November 25-29, 2009. Discount applied to lowest cost game. Free used item must be of equal or lesser value. Cannot be combined with any other offers. so idk why they guy wouldent let u get that accessiries i know i gotten the ps3 dualshock controller to work with it odd

[quote name='atrsixaild']wanted to get a used a 360 hard drive with two games, but the dude told me it was games only... lame[/QUOTE]

you guys are lucky that were able to pick up COD: MW2

in suffolk county, ny, apparently there's a law that Gamestop can't resell a game traded in for 21 days. So some stores had it and couldn't sell it to me :(

but I was able to pick up(all PS3 except the RE):

Uncharted 2
NHL 10
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
Assassin's Creed
Resistance 2
Uncharted
Skate
NBA Live 09
RE: Umbrella Chronicles

for about $200. not bad, but disappointed about COD.

[quote name='brainstorm']you guys are lucky that were able to pick up COD: MW2

in suffolk county, ny, apparently there's a law that Gamestop can't resell a game traded in for 21 days. So some stores had it and couldn't sell it to me :(

but I was able to pick up(all PS3 except the RE):

Uncharted 2
NHL 10
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
Assassin's Creed
Resistance 2
Uncharted
Skate
NBA Live 09
RE: Umbrella Chronicles

for about $200. not bad, but disappointed about COD.[/QUOTE]
Is it 21 days from release date? or 21 days from trade in date? if it is from release date, they will be able to sell them tuesday, so just return one of your 54.99 games and exchange it for that one.
even if it is trade in date, someone may have traded one in early, so just start calling everyday, or just ask when the first one is available to sell.

its from the trade in date, for instance one Gamestop told me they couldn't sell me Uncharted 2 until the 28th, but another Gamestop had copies available

i got a few more days to get lucky somewhere but its unlikely unless i go to a different county, which i'll probably try honestly

Can anyone confirm whether or not Smash Bros. is still $30? The weekly ad says the sale runs through the 25th but would it stack with b2g1?

Just got back from Gamestop and ended up spending $95 dollars on six games. These are the following games I bought with their original price and their price after the edge card + the two free games.

Metroid Prime Trilogy - $45 to 40

Phantom Brave We Meet Again - $26 to 0

Resident Evil Umbella Chronicles - $20 to 18

House of the Dead Overkill - $18 to 0

Trauma Center Second Opinion - $20 to 18

Metal Gear Solid 4 - $20 (pre-owned price was 20 from the previous weekly sale) to 18

Smash Bros Brawl was on the same weekly sale as Metal Gear Solid 4, so it should work.

I didn't want to spend too much, I would have gotten Borderlands and CoD:MW2 but didn't feel like dishing out over $110. One game I needed to get was Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm for an xmas gift so I tried to keep the games near $35ish. Ended up getting Beatles Rock Band and Beautiful Katamari with it. With tax spent $90. Good times.

I do have to say its pretty sweet to do this today and not have to squeeze in with the million of crazy soccer moms and angry dads and screaming children during this weekend.

---------------------------

[quote name='donkeydrop']If you buy more than 3 games be careful to get it rung up so that you don't get ripped off. I had to be very insistent (but polite); the clerk seemed to think I was ripping them off. Just as an example, if you buy 3x $50 games and 3x$10 games they will try to give you 2 $10 games as the free ones.

I'm sure there's probably some way to do a sub-total on the register to make sure this doesn't happen but at least at my store they didn't seem interested in finding out.[/QUOTE]

Thats not how it works in the system at the stores. They can't choose which one to zero out. The computer automatically does it for them. This was a problem maybe a year and a half ago when their system still sucked, but I have never ran into this issue at all when doing these in the store for the past year and a half. And why would the clerk think you were ripping them off. He might be new and is a complete retard and do not know how B2G1 work since this would be the first one during their holiday career seeing one. They are just retarded. But when it gets total'd, it has nothing to do with the clerk choosing which games to give you for free and which ones he doesn't. That is a fireable offense and I don't think anyone would be that bored to do that just to smite you and get fired.

[quote name='adawg555']Is DJ Hero still $60 used for the 360, or was that only the Wii version?[/QUOTE]

All 3 versions are $59.99 used

[quote name='myl0r']Is it 21 days from release date? or 21 days from trade in date? if it is from release date, they will be able to sell them tuesday, so just return one of your 54.99 games and exchange it for that one.
even if it is trade in date, someone may have traded one in early, so just start calling everyday, or just ask when the first one is available to sell.[/QUOTE]

Most likely it's from trade-in date as those are pawn shop laws designed to keep stolen property from being fenced to a third-party. In many areas of the country, Gamestop is forced to abide by those types of laws (also including some areas that require a fingerprint and 18 or older to trade.)

I would just do it as separate transactions to make it easier on everyone.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Most likely it's from trade-in date as those are pawn shop laws designed to keep stolen property from being fenced to a third-party. In many areas of the country, Gamestop is forced to abide by those types of laws (also including some areas that require a fingerprint and 18 or older to trade.)[/QUOTE]

Not in my state though :D

i thought i could scrap up nothing, but i went to the mall today (which has two gamestops literally right across from one another because of some eb competition gone wrong) and got a load by the return some/rebuy some strategy.

the beatles rock band (PS3, ridiculously hard to find)
GH5 (PS3, same story)
Borderlands (360)

Episodes of liberty city (360)
fallout 3 (360)
skate 2 (360)

All for around $170. although the guy didn't include the edge for the $50 games, so it should be $160. maybe i'll go back this week.

also, i didnt get the goty for fallout because i ordered it used online to download the disc and then return it for refund.

Just came back from two Gamestops where I got...

Halo 3: ODST
Rachet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time
Assassin's Creed 2 (360)
Brutal Legend (360)
Left 4 Dead 2
Modern Warfare 2 (360)

The guy at the second GS was nice enough to throw in a bunch of pre-order codes for various games. All in all, it was a pretty good day. I got all the gemes I wanted.

Went this morning to Gamestop and picked up some older stuff for my backlog.

Turning Point: Fall of Liberty (PS3) - $8.99
Genji: Days of the Blade (PS3) – $7.99
Perfect Dark Zero (360) - FREE

Crackdown (360) - $12.99
Earth Defense Force 2017 (360) - $12.99
Stranglehold CE (PS3) - FREE

Call of Juarez (360) - $19.99
Secret Service: Ultimate Sacrifice (360) - $19.99
Okami (Wii) – FREE

After using my in-store credit,
I walked away getting 9 games for $2.11 in cash!

Which 3 of these 4 should I get? Can't decide which to cut...

Dead Space
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
The Last Remnant
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection

I am trying to hold myself back. There is a store by me that has what I want (L4D2, ACII, and Infamous) but I don't feel like spending $100 on games that will just join my back log. Maybe I will just pick up cheaper games.

I think I will wait until GameCrazy's B2G1, as I have $60 in credit so it won't hit my wallet that hard.

Sooooo tempting to get in on this. All of you guys got great deals and good taste. I'm trying to hold back considering CodMW2 is taking up way too much of my time.

Was able to pick up Batman AA, Uncharted 2, and Borderlands which I eventually flipped later :p

I would've liked to play those games though if I wanted to keep them.

I went there right at opening to pick up Assassin Creed 2, LBP GOTY, and Uncharted 2 since website said it's in stock. I couldn't find it on the floor... I went to the register to ask, and I saw an employee wrote her name on AC2, and LBP to purchase later ater work. She won't let me purchase them.. Is that OK per company policy? I know that most employee will do this, but mostly probably not doing it in front of the customer that looking for them..

picked up Borderlands, Dragon Age and Assassin's Creed 2 till I realized that its pretty much just cheaper to buy them new. Ended up returning them and buying a Wii

bread's done
Back