GameStop B2G1 on PSP/PS2/GC Games ONLY! Ends Sunday 6/24

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
Starting 4/23, all pre-owned PSP/PS2/GC will be B2G1 free.

This DOES NOT apply to 360/PS3/Wii.

Not sure if this is regional or not, but I was putting up the signs at closing tonight.

Some store do not carry Gamecube games anymore. The store I work for, we ship out all of ours, so if you are looking for GC games, you should call your local store and ask if they still sell GC games.

Going to Gamestop soon for this sale, does anyone know if local Gamestops carry $10 PSN cards?

I know that Best Buy carries them, but if I can get a $10 card there it will save me a trip. If not, I guess I could just get a $20 card if I still got some money after this sale.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Wow, "Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together" is no longer $10 for a new copy. On Gamestop's website it is $40 for a new copy and $30 for used copy. I should have jumped the last time.[/QUOTE]

I stopped in to my GS last night and found that they had not updated the sticker price on the used version of the game. They gave it to me for $8.19 (after PUR). Was pleased. =)

[quote name='Jack_Frost']smh lol

*FFVII Crisis Core :p[/QUOTE]

lol, playing XIII right now so that X must have just slipped in....;)

I picked up the entire .hack collection during the 60% off any ps2 game.

i'm on the 4th game of the first series

:), all the saves count towards the next one

[quote name='KtMack23']My gamestop said it ends at the end of the market cycle which is like May 13th or something around those lines.[/QUOTE]

I got the same thing from the associate this morning when I went to the one near work. Ends May 13th.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Going to Gamestop soon for this sale, does anyone know if local Gamestops carry $10 PSN cards?

I know that Best Buy carries them, but if I can get a $10 card there it will save me a trip. If not, I guess I could just get a $20 card if I still got some money after this sale.[/QUOTE]

No BB are the only ones to carry the $10 PSN cards.

[quote name='akuma77']I picked up the entire .hack collection during the 60% off any ps2 game.

i'm on the 4th game of the first series

:), all the saves count towards the next one[/QUOTE]

I hated the first one (lasted about 10 minutes), but I do very much like the spill-your-stats-over-to-the-next game aspect. I wish more games did that. Harkens back to the old wizardry games.

I think I'm happy enough with my current collection of gamecube games to wait for a 60% off sale or better before buying anything else. I feel like that day is definitely around the corner since they stopped taking stuff in and ran that promotion before, and the same thing happened with original xbox games, so I'll just hold off for now.

[quote name='dvgamer']Would bite on this if all the GC games I missed out on weren't scattered at different stores.[/QUOTE]

If it matters, the girl that helped me the other day said you could return/rebuy at a store that does have a game you want, though I don't know how much of a pain it would be.

Got Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion complete and a wireless controller; want to grab a few more things but the hunt could be lengthy.

nice but i would rather wait till the next 50% off gamecube games.

my gs has a few pikman 2 and zelda collector's edition in stock.

[quote name='destro4eva']When does this expire?[/QUOTE]

More importantly, when does this become buy 2 get 2 like it was last April? ;)

[quote name='destro4eva']When does this expire?[/QUOTE]

May 13th

I had some good pick ups.

20120429_184103.jpg

20120429_184050.jpg

Theyre all complete except for G.U. Which is missing the manuel, so I bought the manuel on Amazon.

[quote name='KtMack23']May 13th

Theyre all complete except for G.U. Which is missing the manuel, so I bought the manuel on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Amazon is into the Mexican slave trade now?

[quote name='savagepastry']Amazon is into the Mexican slave trade now?[/QUOTE]

I laughed a little too hard at this.

But on topic, I'm gonna stop by and see if they've got a copy of Shadow of the Colossus and FF12... I've been meaning to get my hands on those two games.

4 stores within 15 miles of me.

2 of them have about 20 PS2 games, no GC.
1 has a bunch of GC and quite a few PS2, but mostly sports games.
Hopefully the last one is a home run!

If anyone sees class of heroes complete nearby, I'd be interested in arranging a purchase from you... send me a PM

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KtMack23']I feel stupid now[/QUOTE]

No way. Just a little playful ribbing. You got some good games to play, cheaply; nothing stupid about that.

Bumping this because it took me awhile just to find it again. May 13th apparently is the last day for this. I didn't see any indication of that when I looked at the promotional buy 2 get 1 free sign on the PS2/GCN racks.

Oh by the way, PSP UMD movies do not count towards this deal. The employee rang me up and it would not give me the cheapest one for free.

Figured, Gamestop was trying to get rid of those and would have included them as a part of the PSP games.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Bumping this because it took me awhile just to find it again. May 13th apparently is the last day for this. I didn't see any indication of that when I looked at the promotional buy 2 get 1 free sign on the PS2/GCN racks.

Oh by the way, PSP UMD movies do not count towards this deal. The employee rang me up and it would not give me the cheapest one for free.

Figured, Gamestop was trying to get rid of those and would have included them as a part of the PSP games.[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks! I was thinking it was over... I have some time later this week when I plan to go.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Bumping this because it took me awhile just to find it again. May 13th apparently is the last day for this. I didn't see any indication of that when I looked at the promotional buy 2 get 1 free sign on the PS2/GCN racks.

Figured, Gamestop was trying to get rid of those and would have included them as a part of the PSP games.[/QUOTE]

Did you actually purchase something and have it work?

I was told (and saw the signage removed for) the ps2 and psp portion of the b2g1 free.

The gamecube b2g1 was still going strong, though.

I bought Dot Hack G.U. part 3, Tales of Symphonia, and SSBM yesterday as part of the B2G1 free, so I believe its still going on.

[quote name='KtMack23']I bought Dot Hack G.U. part 3, Tales of Symphonia, and SSBM yesterday as part of the B2G1 free, so I believe its still going on.[/QUOTE]

Goddammit! I love being lied to by gamestop employees.

Thanks for clearing that up.

So I'm going to assume my Gamestop employees have no reading comprehension because last Friday, they said all preowned games were B2G1 free and it did work. I'm going back today to see if they still don't know.

[quote name='savagepastry']Did you actually purchase something and have it work?

I was told (and saw the signage removed for) the ps2 and psp portion of the b2g1 free.

The gamecube b2g1 was still going strong, though.[/QUOTE]

I brought a PSP game, a PSP UMD movie, and a Gamecube game to the counter. The employee rang it up and hit total. The free one didn't happen like normal B2G1 free sales at the end of the scanning.

Employee claimed that PSP games weren't included, even though at the time the little plastic signage that sits on the racks said otherwise.

I didn't want to argue with the employee over the contradiction. This happened last week, maybe last Monday or Tuesday.

I've been hunting a used copy of Zelda Wind Waker to no avail...its the only last gen game I need!

Shouldn't games this old be a B1G2?

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I brought a PSP game, a PSP UMD movie, and a Gamecube game to the counter. The employee rang it up and hit total. The free one didn't happen like normal B2G1 free sales at the end of the scanning.

Employee claimed that PSP games weren't included, even though at the time the little plastic signage that sits on the racks said otherwise.

I didn't want to argue with the employee over the contradiction. This happened last week, maybe last Monday or Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

PSP UMD movies have a different SKU (970xxx), while PSP Games SKU are 935xxx.

That's why it's not included as part of the sale. It'd be nice if it were included since hardly anyone comes in to buy them.

I got Resident Evil 2, 3, and Code Veronica X in like new condition for GC for $44 (had a gift card too which was nice). Would have held off for a better discount but figured it was just about a 1 in a million chance of finding these all in mint condition during a sale like this.

Any word on B2G2 or any better sales coming up? I talked to the cashier and he said not to expect that for over a year, but that doesn't sound accurate

[quote name='whitereflection']On their website at least, the promotion runs through 6/3. Dunno about in stores.[/QUOTE]

I'm not seeing anything on the site about this. Do you need a coupon or promotional code? I can't find a copy of :gc: Donkey Kong Jungle Beat anywhere near me. Got some bongos, just need the game.

EDIT: It does it by itself.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Thanks for the info. Noob question, but when is that? :)[/QUOTE]

I'd have to double check on an exact date tomorrow. It's at least 2 weeks though.

[quote name='sasukekun']I'd have to double check on an exact date tomorrow. It's at least 2 weeks though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the updates Sasukekun. They are appreciated as always. :applause:

Let the hunt for complete Gamecube games continue!

Still looking for Eternal Darkness & Metal Gear Twin Snakes & other cheap GC Exclusives.

[quote name='invizibleskratchpikl']Yeah I think it's nationwide. I put up the signs for them by close as well.

This sale has some potential with the trade promo Target is having this week.[/QUOTE]

You have the world's greatest username, and one of the world's greatest pics. Well played.

-Darth Fader and Skratchy the Seal

[quote name='destro4eva']Thanks for the updates Sasukekun. They are appreciated as always. :applause:

Let the hunt for complete Gamecube games continue!

Still looking for Eternal Darkness & Metal Gear Twin Snakes & other cheap GC Exclusives.[/QUOTE]

U should make a list of cheap gamecube games

Eternal darkness is hard to find

Stopped by three stores during the past few weekends while shopping and 2 out of three don't even carry GC,PSP, and PS2 games anymore. Sad IMO.

It's been a downhill trend with the growing generic cases and no manuals, but at least you could buy something if you really wanted to. I miss being able to browse at the stores and exchanging the inevitable crap they send from their online warehouse.

This sale is the nail in the coffin for the portables. The DS games have a foot and a half in the grave too. At least I won’t have to renew my powerup next time.

I smirked inside seeing the sparse Vita shelf where the PSP games were before.

Most Gamestops actually still have GC games, they just keep them in the back. If you ask nicely, they usually will print out an inventory of Gamecube games they have in stock.

bread's done
Back