GameStop B2G1 on PSP/PS2/GC Games ONLY! Ends Sunday 6/24

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
Starting 4/23, all pre-owned PSP/PS2/GC will be B2G1 free.

This DOES NOT apply to 360/PS3/Wii.

Not sure if this is regional or not, but I was putting up the signs at closing tonight.

Some store do not carry Gamecube games anymore. The store I work for, we ship out all of ours, so if you are looking for GC games, you should call your local store and ask if they still sell GC games.

I went to my nearest gamestop and picked up a couple PSP games

-Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
-Resistance Retribution
-Prinny Can i Really be the Hero
-Rockband Unplugged
-Daxter
-Dead Head Fred
-Untold Legends Warriors Code
-Ratchet & Clank Size Matters
-Kingdom Of Paradise

I might go to a different GameStop During the weekend to see if i find the God of War Games,Mega Man Powered Up,Final Fantasy Dissidia

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']I went to my nearest gamestop and picked up a couple PSP games

-Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
-Resistance Retribution
-Prinny Can i Really be the Hero
-Rockband Unplugged
-Daxter
-Dead Head Fred
-Untold Legends Warriors Code
-Ratchet & Clank Size Matters
-Kingdom Of Paradise

I might go to a different GameStop During the weekend to see if i find the God of War Games,Mega Man Powered Up,Final Fantasy Dissidia[/QUOTE]

Theres a two pack of Mega Man Powered Up/Maverick Hunter X, you should try to find that if you don't have either of the games already.

http://www.gamestop.com/psp/games/mega-man-dual-pack/92816

[quote name='poehitman']According to my local Gamestop, this promotion ended on Sunday, May 13th. Hopefully they are wrong.[/QUOTE]

GS website says the promotion goes until June 3. Like sasukekun said, it's all the way to GS's next set of trade in deals (all current deals expire on June 3.)

[quote name='MSUHitman']GS website says the promotion goes until June 3. Like sasukekun said, it's all the way to GS's next set of trade in deals (all current deals expire on June 3.)[/QUOTE]

Where does it say this?

I'd really like to know before I head down a local gamestop with PSP games still in stock.

[quote name='Thirdkoopa']Where does it say this?

I'd really like to know before I head down a local gamestop with PSP games still in stock.[/QUOTE]

It is still going on.

[quote name='Thirdkoopa']Where does it say this?

I'd really like to know before I head down a local gamestop with PSP games still in stock.[/QUOTE]

Go to GameStop.com, click on trade in offers at top of page.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']It ends June 24th. It's on the GS web page under trade in offers. Hopefully we'll see bigger discounts by then.[/QUOTE]

I remember their B2G2F sale, last BF I think? After that, all the GS around me were wiped clean. I wonder why they haven't done some bigger discount yet.

I'm thinking about doing Kingdom Hearts 1,2, and Chain of Memories. Never played them, just decided to keep a PS2 to play Max Payne, so why not?

[quote name='Obiwan456']I'm thinking about doing Kingdom Hearts 1,2, and Chain of Memories. Never played them, just decided to keep a PS2 to play Max Payne, so why not?[/QUOTE]

Do it! theyre all great games. I personally like the first one the most; It had the best storyline.

most GS's around me got rid of their 'used' psp games. A lot their PS2 as well. They have tons of 'new' PSP games though, but they are not really new. Every single one is a gut/used game. I guess i'll have to wait for them to convert to used or something

[quote name='snowmint']Can you use the gs reward coupon along with the b2 g1?[/QUOTE]

No.

And to anyone who was wondering, the b2g1 does NOT stack with the current extra 10% off for buying three or more games.

[quote name='AugustAPC']When can we get a real B2G1 :( I've got credit I've been waiting to use.[/QUOTE]

Should be using those 2000 point 10 off $19.99 coupons from Power Up Rewards. In some cases its better than B2G1 free.

[quote name='htz']BB is doing a b2g2 right now, on all psp and ps2 games. More info in the BB preowned dotw thread.[/QUOTE]

Didn't know that, thanks for the heads-up.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Didn't know that, thanks for the heads-up.[/QUOTE]

that was two months ago o___o

[quote name='Gosha']Should be using those 2000 point 10 off $19.99 coupons from Power Up Rewards. In some cases its better than B2G1 free.[/QUOTE]

It's better than a B2G1 if you're buying games $29.99 or less.
B2G1 is better if you're buying games of $30 or more.

Plus B2G1 doesn't cost points.

Regardless, I actually did redeem one of those and got Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles for $13, so that was cool.

I dunno, I'm not sure what I'd buy as of yet. There are a lot of games I've got on my radar: Asura's Wrath, Dragon's Dogma, Twisted Metal, Tales of Graces f and a bunch of older ones to add to my backlog, lol.

It HAS been a really long time (in gamestop terms) since the last full-store b2g1. I seem to remember that there is always a lull this time of year, though.

[quote name='savagepastry']It HAS been a really long time (in gamestop terms) since the last full-store b2g1. I seem to remember that there is always a lull this time of year, though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I had hoped that with BB constantly doing one that they would try and compete.

This weekend, I think BB is having another one and that would make 2 b2g1's BB has had since the last GS one.

I was hoping that Father's day weekend would have made them do one but I guess not. Maybe During the 4th of July? We'll see.

Just noticed something. This sale doesn't seem to combine with the extra 10% off when buying 3 or more used games and being a PowerUp Rewards members.

On their website, if I add 3 games for the same console, I get the cheapest one free. But if I add from different consoles, or add more than 3 games, the free game goes away and is replaced by 10% off every single game (PUR Pro) and an extra 10% off every single game (buy 3 used games, get 10% off)

[quote name='AugustAPC']It's better than a B2G1 if you're buying games $29.99 or less.
B2G1 is better if you're buying games of $30 or more.

Plus B2G1 doesn't cost points.

Regardless, I actually did redeem one of those and got Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles for $13, so that was cool.

I dunno, I'm not sure what I'd buy as of yet. There are a lot of games I've got on my radar: Asura's Wrath, Dragon's Dogma, Twisted Metal, Tales of Graces f and a bunch of older ones to add to my backlog, lol.[/QUOTE]

you should hold on dragon dogma, i see the price dropping at amazon frequently.
I saw a copy of dragon dogma going for $39. I feel theres going to be a price drop on that gamer very......just like Max Payne 3

[quote name='DarkPGR']Just noticed something. This sale doesn't seem to combine with the extra 10% off when buying 3 or more used games and being a PowerUp Rewards members.

On their website, if I add 3 games for the same console, I get the cheapest one free. But if I add from different consoles, or add more than 3 games, the free game goes away and is replaced by 10% off every single game (PUR Pro) and an extra 10% off every single game (buy 3 used games, get 10% off)[/QUOTE]

Correct, it doesn't, which I already said 8 posts before your post.

I have been all over this sale the last two weeks. I picked up a refurb ps2 slim from GS and...

MVP Baseball 05
MVP Baseball 06 NCAA
The Getaway
Hitman Contracts
Socom 3
True Crime LA
True Crime NYC
Syphon Filter Omega Strain
Syphon Filter Dark Mirror
Hitman 2
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2
Bully
Red Dead Revolver
Black

Any suggestions looking at my list?

The GameStop stores around here don't even have a PS2 or PSP display anymore in my area. They have like a shoebox on the corner of the counter where you flip through really terrible games priced at like $1.99. Occasionally you come across something like Guilty Gear or Soul Calibur but overall this promo is useless to me. GameStop is useless to me too.

GS here doesn't even keep cases for pre-360/wii/ps3 games anymore.

Sucks because they have a lot of great deals but no cover/manual = no thanks.

This was B2G2 this time last year. I refuse to buy any games that are a year older at a higher price than what I would have spent before. Ridiculous company.

[quote name='Blade']This was B2G2 this time last year. I refuse to buy any games that are a year older at a higher price than what I would have spent before. Ridiculous company.[/QUOTE]

That was for gb games

[quote name='sasukekun']Sale ends on Sunday 6/24 @ closing time, (Start of new marketing period) unless they decide to extend it again.[/QUOTE]
I just tested it out myself with 3 PS2 games in my cart, and the discount was automatic. However, it said the offer expires 7/15.

In addition, 99-cent games cannot be added to the cart.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']I just tested it out myself with 3 PS2 games in my cart, and the discount was automatic. However, it said the offer expires 7/15.

In addition, 99-cent games cannot be added to the cart.[/QUOTE]

Interesting... Guess they havent updated the website yet. Guess I'll be changing those for next marketing period on Sunday.

extending B2G1 PS2/PSP again?
isnt B2G1 deal running over month now?
GS should just do B2G2 deal and do away with B2G1 for last gen titles.
My local store said they hardly get anyone to buy PS2/PSP/GC games anymore even with B2G1 going on so why pro-long it.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']extending B2G1 PS2/PSP again?
isnt B2G1 deal running over month now?
GS should just do B2G2 deal and do away with B2G1 for last gen titles.
My local store said they hardly get anyone to buy PS2/PSP/GC games anymore even with B2G1 going on so why pro-long it.[/QUOTE]

Two months or more so far, actually.

[quote name='ajh2298']What are good cheap PSP games? Are there any Call of Duty or medal of Honor type games worth playing?[/QUOTE]

Medal of Honor Heroes 2 is my favorite handheld FPS.

bread's done
Back