Gamestop B2G1 starts 1/20-1/22, PUR members start 1/19

boneless

CAGiversary!
Feedback
88 (100%)
There's one this weekend based on information from a manager I know. Anyone have good flips to transfer GS credit to Bestbuy?

Just wanted to clarify that these should be pre-owned games only. I can't verify but I wasn't given any info except of a B2G1.

UPDATE: PowerUp Rewards members should get an email stating early access to the B2G1 on 1/19.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't plan on participating in the sale this time around as money is tight til payday (1/27), but it looks like I can get 6 older games I've wanted for a while for under $20 total so I think I'll pick them up! :)

[quote name='Saix_XIII']How come people are asking questions that can be answered in 5 seconds?.[/QUOTE]

We have some lazy or dumb members on this board. Sometimes both.

I got the email from gamestop confirming this sale is happening. Power up pro members get 24 hour early access. I'm going after work tonight.

[quote name='djsmf435']Cod MW3
Batman AC
???

Dead island, deus ex, uncharted 3....???[/QUOTE]

uc3 one of the best games i played last year

I went today with a $25 gift card I "won" at work.

Got for the 360:
Bulletstorm: Epic Edition
NCAA 11 (oh, myl0r...)
Trivial Pursuit

$8 out of pocket and I have a feeling I will be returning NCAA 11.

Today is a good day to be a powerup member. The discount really surprised me and it was nice to have first access. The manager said I was the first in this morning to do the B2G1.

Batman AC
???

Skyrim or UC3 will give you the most bang for your buck. Just remember UC3 multiplayer requires an online code so buying used might not be the best option.

Snagged a couple of BF3 LEs with working codes and an NCAA 12 for a friend. Sold the codes for $15 a piece and locked in one BF3 to AMZ for $32.

$82 -$62= $22 for bf3 and NCAA. Not bad as I still have an unused online pass from the b2g1 from the original BBY deal on release day.

Also NCAA came with the pass voucher, but can't see if it's active since PSN is down AGAIN. This time it was scheduled though

[quote name='kill3r7']Skyrim or UC3 will give you the most bang for your buck. Just remember UC3 multiplayer requires an online code so buying used might not be the best option.[/QUOTE]

Completely agree. I played UC3 for an hour and I almost considered buying a PS3 to play it (my old ps3 phat broke). Instead I am just swapping systems with a friend so he can play gears and I play UC3.

Skyrim is just an awesome game that has literally 100s of hours of gameplay.

Put in an order for the following PS2 games missing from my collection.

Way of the Samurai 2
Dino Stalker
Headhunter: Redemption
SD Gundam Force: Showdown!
Lupin the 3rd
Shinobi

Ended up being about 15 shipped. A bunch of PS2 games just got price cuts to 99cents-$2.99 level.

Batman AC
???

Along with the other suggestions , if you have a wii , skyward sword.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Snagged a couple of BF3 LEs with working codes and an NCAA 12 for a friend. Sold the codes for $15 a piece and locked in one BF3 to AMZ for $32.

$82 -$62= $22 for bf3 and NCAA. Not bad as I still have an unused online pass from the b2g1 from the original BBY deal on release day.

Also NCAA came with the pass voucher, but can't see if it's active since PSN is down AGAIN. This time it was scheduled though[/QUOTE]

How do you know the codes are still good without actually/accidentally using them? Are they scratch-off?

In a fighting game mood, going to pick up Mortal Kombat (yes I know the Komplete edition is coming out, but not for over a month) and UMVC3 for PS3. Need a 3rd game though.... thinking inFamous 2.

I bought a couple games earlier this month. Did anyone ever get a successful return/rebuy outside the 7 day return window using the B2G1 free in store?

[quote name='mattcube64']How do you know the codes are still good without actually/accidentally using them? Are they scratch-off?[/QUOTE]

No, they aren't scratch offs. They had 4 copies with codes in them. They also had an xbox set up. Got them to tether the Xbox to my phone for wireless and put in the codes online. If you enter the codes from the Xbox they have a dummy stop after you enter a valid code that asks if "you really want to redeem this" where you can hit no.

If you enter the code on the website it doesn't give that prompt and just links it to the account. The GS employee was dumbfounded that I knew that. 3/4 codes weren't redeemed, the employee helping me promptly set aside the 3rd one.

Ah! Thanks for the input forgot about the online pass, thats the reason i didnt list BF3 either. And i already have Skyrim, not that i need anything else to play. :)

Is Halo: CE worth it if I have Reach code? Should I wait till CE drops and buy or buy and then sell code on CL? Bit confused b/c no idea if CE has the maps/multi player as DLC etc

Also if I have Reach, can I DL CE as DLC or what?

[quote name='Tsel']So I'm thinking Deus Ex ($26.99), one other game, and possibly Rage ($26.99). Is Rage really that bad?[/QUOTE]

Rage is not that bad but it certainly is not as great as it could have been. When you consider all the other fps games out there it's a bit of tough sell. You can always exchange it for another game if you don't like it. It's only about 10 hours long.

I just know Rage will go right into the backlog, where as I might actually play Deus Ex and Rayman fairly soon. By the time I get around to Rage, it will undoubtedly have dropped to ~$20.

[quote name='Tsel']I just know Rage will go right into the backlog, where as I might actually play Deus Ex and Rayman fairly soon. By the time I get around to Rage, it will undoubtedly have dropped to ~$20.[/QUOTE]

Its already been around $15 on AWD.

Snagged Dark Souls, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, and Ico/SotC HD Collection for $62.98 total. Pretty solid deal. Considering going back for Dead Island/GoW Origins/Infamous 2 for the same price. Not sure I want to add that much to my backlog though.

[quote name='KtMack23']Its already been around $15 on AWD.[/QUOTE]

And that's why I'm probably going to pass. Now I just need to find another game in that $26.99 price range to go with Rayman and Deus Ex.

[quote name='Lemmiwinks531']Snagged Dark Souls, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, and Ico/SotC HD Collection for $62.98 total. Pretty solid deal. Considering going back for Dead Island/GoW Origins/Infamous 2 for the same price. Not sure I want to add that much to my backlog though.[/QUOTE]

I'm jealous. There isn't a nearby used copy of the MGS HD collection. Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer.

[quote name='Lemmiwinks531']Snagged Dark Souls, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, and Ico/SotC HD Collection for $62.98 total. Pretty solid deal. Considering going back for Dead Island/GoW Origins/Infamous 2 for the same price. Not sure I want to add that much to my backlog though.[/QUOTE]
Your local GS stock is solid, going to see if I can see Ico/StoC at mine.

I'd like to use this to get Batman: AC and some other games ....but looking at the prices online...
Batman Arkham City NEW 39.99
Batman Arkham City USED 54.99
:|

Anyone have suggestions for 3 PS3 games that have a decent used price?

[quote name='Tsel']And that's why I'm probably going to pass. Now I just need to find another game in that $26.99 price range to go with Rayman and Deus Ex.[/QUOTE]
I may get Warhammer Space Marine with Deus Ex, both $26.99. And my son wants a Gamecube, which goes for $30 used. Are used consoles/accessories included in the 2 for 1?

[quote name='mike95']I may get Warhammer Space Marine with Deus Ex, both $26.99. And my son wants a Gamecube, which goes for $30 used. Are used consoles/accessories included in the 2 for 1?[/QUOTE]

Accessories yes consoles no

Just got a ps3 this week so good time for a sale.
Picked up 3D Dot Game Heroes, Heavy Rain, Metal Gear 4, Nier, Uncharted 1, Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, Folklore, and Mirror's Edge.
Total = $97.90 or about $10.80/game.
Also grabbed Demon's Souls and Atelier Rorona both for 30 combined at a local shop.
I think im set for a bit, but what to play first?

[quote name='IamPro']Do I buy Halo: CE used from GS or new from Best Buy for $30???[/QUOTE]

Best buy because it'll actually be sealed not a gutted copy.

[quote name='IamPro']Do I buy Halo: CE used from GS or new from Best Buy for $30???[/QUOTE]

Buy it new for the halo reach code. If that is something you care about.

[quote name='kill3r7']Buy it new for the halo reach code. If that is something you care about.[/QUOTE]
I have a Reach code from Xbox holiday bundle but having 2 seems dumb... so I can pick it up for $20ish used or $30 new and sell the 2nd code I guess... sigh... no idea what to do

Forgot to ask but does the Shooter promo apply in store? And do u get an extra 10% off with Pro card?

Buy it new so you're guaranteed the $15 map pack of Halo 1 maps redone in the Reach engine.

It's not Halo Reach that's in Halo CE Anniversary, it's the maps from Halo 1 redone in the Reach engine and played in Halo Reach.

[quote name='IamPro']I have a Reach code from Xbox holiday bundle but having 2 seems dumb... so I can pick it up for $20ish used or $30 new and sell the 2nd code I guess... sigh... no idea what to do

Forgot to ask but does the Shooter promo apply in store? And do u get an extra 10% off with Pro card?[/QUOTE]

The Reach code is for maps, not the game itself.

I believe it applies in store as well, but not too sure. You will get an extra 10% online on top of the shooter sale and the B2G1, in store not sure.

[quote name='Thechaosdivision']Accessories yes consoles no[/QUOTE]

The last 2 or 3 of these sales used consoles did work. Just have the employee scan all 3 items and see if it discounts one of the games.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Buy it new so you're guaranteed the $15 map pack of Halo 1 maps redone in the Reach engine.[/QUOTE]

Ok cool

I want Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 for PS3 ($24) and maybe Dark Souls ($34) but can't find a filler/3rd game, can someone recommend something around $30 thats good

[quote name='IamPro']I have a Reach code from Xbox holiday bundle but having 2 seems dumb... so I can pick it up for $20ish used or $30 new and sell the 2nd code I guess... sigh... no idea what to do[/QUOTE]

The code that came with the holiday bundle is for the full download of halo reach, the code that comes with halo Ce is for some classic maps for halo reach. They aren't for the same thing.

[quote name='kill3r7']Skyrim or UC3 will give you the most bang for your buck. Just remember UC3 multiplayer requires an online code so buying used might not be the best option.[/QUOTE]

You get an online pass code when you purchase the Sony games used just like on the WB published games. That's why the price is $55 used on Uncharted 3 instead of $48 like it is for BF 3 and the 2012 EA Sports games.

[quote name='MSUHitman']The last 2 or 3 of these sales used consoles did work. Just have the employee scan all 3 items and see if it discounts one of the games.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try.

[quote name='MSUHitman']You get an online pass code when you purchase the Sony games used just like on the WB published games. That's why the price is $55 used on Uncharted 3 instead of $48 like it is for BF 3 and the 2012 EA Sports games.[/QUOTE]

Wait, can you explain that? Gamestop is giving out codes even if you buy used? and that only applies to Sony games? Or all non-EA games?

[quote name='MSUHitman']You get an online pass code when you purchase the Sony games used just like on the WB published games. That's why the price is $55 used on Uncharted 3 instead of $48 like it is for BF 3 and the 2012 EA Sports games.[/QUOTE]

That's awesome. I was not aware that was the case.

bread's done
Back