Gamestop B2G1 starts 1/20-1/22, PUR members start 1/19

boneless

CAGiversary!
Feedback
88 (100%)
There's one this weekend based on information from a manager I know. Anyone have good flips to transfer GS credit to Bestbuy?

Just wanted to clarify that these should be pre-owned games only. I can't verify but I wasn't given any info except of a B2G1.

UPDATE: PowerUp Rewards members should get an email stating early access to the B2G1 on 1/19.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got Neptunia, Agarest, and Island of Happiness... Came home, and realized I already had a play copy of Agarest. Sigh. Now I have to find a third game.

slim pickins for me. I got RE5, final fantasy XIII, and halo 3 odst
thinking bout swappin out FFXIII for something else just dont know what

[quote name='sterlingice']Same- with the keeping games clean. My copies of Chrono Trigger or Super Mario 3 look like they did when they came out of the box.

There was also the threat of parental beating for not taking care of my stuff, too ;)

SI[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. All my stuff is in pristine condition. I figure if I am going to spend that much money on games, my stuff will look like it has never been used.

Unfortunately with the collection I have now, there's some stuff in mediocre condition. It's not like they're seling new NES or Dreamcast games, for instance- I'm relying on the secondary market. Genesis seems to be the worst: despite having easily collectable boxes and manuals, it's hard-ish to find them and Genesis fans seemed to be pretty sloppy with their stuff- lots of stuff to clean off.

SI

I have said this in the past but remember that some "used" games are brand new where GameStop removes the new seal and sells them as used. This is very common with DS games and with older popular games like MW2. I used to work for GameStop... Most people don't take care of their things. I have seen a 360 console full of cockroaches. The owner said he had it in the attic for 2 years.

Picked up Resident Evil 5, Dead Rising 2 and Splinter Cell Conviction for $32 on Friday and then i got Rainbow Six Vegas 1 & 2 and EndWar today for $16. 6 games for $48 isn't bad.

[quote name='Golden Lemonz']Picked up Resident Evil 5, Dead Rising 2 and Splinter Cell Conviction for $32 on Friday and then i got Rainbow Six Vegas 1 & 2 and EndWar today for $16. 6 games for $48 isn't bad.[/QUOTE]
How did you get those three for $16? I was at my local GS and RSV2 alone was $14.99. Would have combined it with something else since I'm a local co-op whore, but the only games left at $14.99 was New Vegas, Killzone2 and Resistance2.

[quote name='TooPoor']How did you get those three for $16? I was at my local GS and RSV2 alone was $14.99. Would have combined it with something else since I'm a local co-op whore, but the only games left at $14.99 was New Vegas, Killzone2 and Resistance2.[/QUOTE]

PS3 version is $14.99, but the 360 version is $7.99.

fuck the Gamestop at 1625 Campbell Lane, Bowling Green, Ky. Biggest dick cashier ever, first off i pick out 3 games, i go up there and he pulls the shit, oh we don't have this game even though there were multiple cases on display, so I'm like fine whatever I pick out another, buy those. Then go to get 3 more, they had everything I wanted except one of the games had a new label on it even though it was in the used game bin and the case was all beat up and shitty, so I'm like ok first I tried to just ask if I could just have it changed to used since it was so messed up, (The game was Toy Story 3, 19.99 new 17.99 used, he said nope, just like that-"noope!", so then I was like ok can I buy it and just return it? "Noope!" why not? it's already open, then he gave me this whole long story about how he couldn't possibly understand how selling opened new games didn't seem fishy, I said how am I supposed to even know that the the disc you put in there isn't used? He literally said "ummmm because you can look at it, every new game we are required to take out and put into an envelope" pretty sure they do that to every used game as well

sorry for such a long story, this guy just pissed me the fuck off and it takes quite a lot to do that

ohhh and I really want to complain about him seeing as how he denied me the purchase of a new game, because finally i was like i'll just get my other 3 plus the new game and he wouldn't let me, so whats the best way to go about that?

[quote name='Glass Ghost']fuck the Gamestop at 1625 Campbell Lane, Bowling Green, Ky. Biggest dick cashier ever, first off i pick out 3 games, i go up there and he pulls the shit, oh we don't have this game even though there were multiple cases on display, so I'm like fine whatever I pick out another, buy those. Then go to get 3 more, they had everything I wanted except one of the games had a new label on it even though it was in the used game bin and the case was all beat up and shitty, so I'm like ok first I tried to just ask if I could just have it changed to used since it was so messed up, (The game was Toy Story 3, 19.99 new 17.99 used, he said nope, just like that-"noope!", so then I was like ok can I buy it and just return it? "Noope!" why not? it's already open, then he gave me this whole long story about how he couldn't possibly understand how selling opened new games didn't seem fishy, I said how am I supposed to even know that the the disc you put in there isn't used? He literally said "ummmm because you can look at it, every new game we are required to take out and put into an envelope" pretty sure they do that to every used game as well

sorry for such a long story, this guy just pissed me the fuck off and it takes quite a lot to do that

ohhh and I really want to complain about him seeing as how he denied me the purchase of a new game, because finally i was like i'll just get my other 3 plus the new game and he wouldn't let me, so whats the best way to go about that?[/QUOTE]

Not sure what games you picked out, but even though there might be lots of copies on display does not always mean they are in stock. Certain sections (Best Sellers, New Releases, etc) are required to have a certain amount of games out on display, because GS Corp. wants the stores have them on display. It's possible you just saw some promo cases or display boxes.

Just because a game is in the used bin does not mean it's used. Most of the time customers move games around and games get misplaced in other sections they arent supposed to be in. It's hard to keep the store clean and organized if there are only 2 sales associates working with a long line of customers waiting at the register.

As for the buying and returning part... It's true what he said about buying and returning a game. We cant just convert new games to used games just because they are opened. Would you rather have a genetic art-box on display for a game, rather than the actually game-art box? We cant always have unopened copies of the game, otherwise the stores would sit on unwanted inventory, that's not how you want to run a business. I'll admit sometimes the new games can get damaged if they sit inside the envelopes too long, but all you need to do is ask for another copy or goto a different store. No one is forcing you to buy it. If you don't like the condition of the game, don't buy it.

The reason he might of not allowed you to buy the new (Toy Story 3) game is because you gave him the impression that you were gonna try to rip off the store by buying a new game, opening and playing it, then returning it.

[quote name='sasukekun']Not sure what games you picked out, but even though there might be lots of copies on display does not always mean they are in stock. Certain sections (Best Sellers, New Releases, etc) are required to have a certain amount of games out on display, because GS Corp. wants the stores have them on display. It's possible you just saw some promo cases or display boxes.

Just because a game is in the used bin does not mean it's used. Most of the time customers move games around and games get misplaced in other sections they arent supposed to be in. It's hard to keep the store clean and organized if there are only 2 sales associates working with a long line of customers waiting at the register.

As for the buying and returning part... It's true what he said about buying and returning a game. We cant just convert new games to used games just because they are opened. Would you rather have a genetic art-box on display for a game, rather than the actually game-art box? We cant always have unopened copies of the game, otherwise the stores would sit on unwanted inventory, that's not how you want to run a business. I'll admit sometimes the new games can get damaged if they sit inside the envelopes too long, but all you need to do is ask for another copy or goto a different store. No one is forcing you to buy it. If you don't like the condition of the game, don't buy it.

The reason he might of not allowed you to buy the new (Toy Story 3) game is because you gave him the impression that you were gonna try to rip off the store by buying a new game, opening and playing it, then returning it.[/QUOTE]

1.The game was Rayman Raving Rabbids, they shouldn't have the cases out there if they don't have games in stock, plus I even checked online before going to the store and it said they were in stock.
2.I understand that cases can get placed in the wrong location, what I'm saying is it didn't look new, and I don't care what kind of bs Gamestop makes up, no game is "new" if its been opened, if I take a bunch of a product, take all the factory sealed wrappings off of them and try to sell them as still new, pretty sure that wouldn't fly anywhere else.
3.I was going to pay 19.99 for the Toy Story game, was gonna buy it brand new, then trade it in, then buy it back, how is that ripping the store off? If anything I was ripping myself off but I haven't been able to find it used anywhere else and I didn't want to order it offline, but that's what I ended up having to do, because Gamestop had to be a douche and didn't care about its customer. Like I said, it takes a lot to piss me off, but when someone doesn't care about their customers its just sad, I never had anything like this at my old gamestop, moved away, they were cool because I did business with them on a reg. basis.

Overall it's just ridiculous that the store tries to sell opened games as new, if it was a new game like Skyrim or MW3 then yeah I would have understood but an old game that was open where the diff in price is from 19.99 to 17.99 its just crazy

Going to get Dragon Age Ultimate, Borderlands GOTY and Oblivion GOTY for around 40 bucks. Probably end up just adding them to the backlog but I have a $25 GC to burn.

1.The game was Rayman Raving Rabbids, they shouldn't have the cases out there if they don't have games in stock, plus I even checked online before going to the store and it said they were in stock.
Online stock isn't always correct. Even on the website itself, it says:
"*Quantities may be limited.
We strive to provide you with accurate availability information. Item quantities are continually changing and availability information provided here is approximate. Availability cannot be guaranteed."

What might have happened is they sold some before you got there or they sold some copies without the case. Sometimes the cases get misplaced or cant find the case and just sell it game-only or game with generic (blank case). I cant even check to see if other stores have games in-stock, the system only shows "

It all depends on the cashier they hire, in my area, GS attitude can vary drastically. Unsurprisingly, the GS inside the high end shopping center has a very nice dude who lets almost everything slide. The new vegas on display was practically new with a tear in the wrap, I asked about it and he said he can lower the price and let me do the B2G1. Since I wanted to wait for the complete version I didn't take the offer.

[quote name='sasukekun']

Why would you buy a $19.99 game, then trade it in (for probably $3-5 or maybe less), then re-purchase it at $17.99. Even if it was your B2G1 free game, it wasn't free cause you paid to make it free.

I try to help out the customers the best I can, but there are a lot of times were customers try to pull fast ones on us. As much as I try to please customer that walks in, it's just not possible.[/QUOTE]

This is one of my main points, I as the customer have the right to do that, if I wanted to buy a 60 dollar game and trade it in for 5 bucks I should be able to. So what i'm trying to say is, he had no right to deny me the sale....and also they have no F.U.C.K.I.N.G right to sale an opened product as new, shut the fuck up you fucking gamestop kiss ass, I'm pretty sure the majority of people on this site agree with the fact that gamestop sells opened games as new as being complete bullshit

And all they have to do is put up a generic case, god knows they have a million of those things, that way they don't have to open the games, there is no reason to why gamestop has to open new games

[quote name='Glass Ghost']This is one of my main points, I as the customer have the right to do that, if I wanted to buy a 60 dollar game and trade it in for 5 bucks I should be able to. So what i'm trying to say is, he had no right to deny me the sale....and also they have no F.U.C.K.I.N.G right to sale an opened product as new, shut the fuck up you fucking gamestop kiss ass, I'm pretty sure the majority of people on this site agree with the fact that gamestop sells opened games as new as being complete bullshit[/QUOTE]

You don't have to be a jerk about it. I'm just trying to help. You're the one getting all angry about having to buy opened products as new. If you don't like it, don't shop there. If you want to buy a $60 game and trade it in for $5, go ahead. But the way you made it sound like is that you wanted to buy the new game, play it, then try to return it, that's probably what the employee thought you were asking. And you can't do that.

[quote name='Glass Ghost']And all they have to do is put up a generic case, god knows they have a million of those things, that way they don't have to open the games, there is no reason to why gamestop has to open new games[/QUOTE]
There are people who want to see the actual game cases. I am one of the picky shoppers when I go there, I don't want a generic game case with no manual. If you're fine with just buying games with generic cover-arts, good for you. But there are people who wont buy games with like that and want the actual cover arts and manuals for their game.

Well, wanted to buy a set of games today, the ended up not having Dynasty Warriors Gundam even though the case for it was out. Ended up leaving empty handed since that was the main title I wanted and the rest I was only going to buy if I got it.

[quote name='Glass Ghost']This is one of my main points, I as the customer have the right to do that, if I wanted to buy a 60 dollar game and trade it in for 5 bucks I should be able to. So what i'm trying to say is, he had no right to deny me the sale....and also they have no F.U.C.K.I.N.G right to sale an opened product as new, shut the fuck up you fucking gamestop kiss ass, I'm pretty sure the majority of people on this site agree with the fact that gamestop sells opened games as new as being complete bullshit[/QUOTE]

Based on your last posts I can see why the GameStop employee "gave you attitude". You want to cheat the system and get things your way.

GameStop can sell opened games as New. If you don't like that, then don't buy and move on. If this was illegal, GameStop would have stopped this practice a long time ago. This reminds me of when you buy a new pair of jeans. So if someone tries a pair of jeans at the store, are these jeans used? How about a new car? If someone drives it before you, does that make it used? Where does it stop?

What really cracks me up is that people bitch about "New" games that have been opened, yet nobody bitches when GameStop sells you a brand new PS2 as used (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313874)

Also, as a former employee, I can tell you that plenty of "used games" are brand new. All GameStop does is remove the wrapper and sell it to you as used. Again, nobody bitches when they buy an "used game" that looks flawless.

[quote name='sasukekun']You don't have to be a jerk about it. I'm just trying to help. You're the one getting all angry about having to buy opened products as new. If you don't like it, don't shop there. If you want to buy a $60 game and trade it in for $5, go ahead. But the way you made it sound like is that you wanted to buy the new game, play it, then try to return it, that's probably what the employee thought you were asking. And you can't do that.

There are people who want to see the actual game cases. I am one of the picky shoppers when I go there, I don't want a generic game case with no manual. If you're fine with just buying games with generic cover-arts, good for you. But there are people who wont buy games with like that and want the actual cover arts and manuals for their game.[/QUOTE]

why are you being so thick? I wanted to buy the game new, return it right then, then buy it used so that I could include it in my b2g1, there's nothing against that, have done a b2g1 and returned one making it a b1g1 but like I said my old gamestop was cool.

And, I clearly said the generic cases would be on display, hell just put a picture up with no case, you would get the actual sealed game case when you went to purchase it, only on "new" and i use that word loosely, games not used

[quote name='oasisboy']Based on your last posts I can see why the GameStop employee "gave you attitude". You want to cheat the system and get things your way.

GameStop can sell opened games as New. If you don't like that, then don't buy and move on. If this was illegal, GameStop would have stopped this practice a long time ago. This reminds me of when you buy a new pair of jeans. So if someone tries a pair of jeans at the store, are these jeans used? How about a new car? If someone drives it before you, does that make it used? Where does it stop?

What really cracks me up is that people bitch about "New" games that have been opened, yet nobody bitches when GameStop sells you a brand new PS2 as used (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313874)

Also, as a former employee, I can tell you that plenty of "used games" are brand new. All GameStop does is remove the wrapper and sell it to you as used. Again, nobody bitches when they buy an "used game" that looks flawless.[/QUOTE]

for the last time, how was i trying to cheat the system?!?!? Gamestop wasn't losing anything, don't they make more money when a game is traded in and purchased at a higher price than the trade in value

who the hell cares about a ps2, the system is ancient, they should just be given away

and your last point is exactly why gamestop is shady if it's true, like i said used games is where they make they're money, so they're opening new games to sell as new so that they make more money, fuck that

[quote name='Glass Ghost'] I wanted to buy the game new, return it right then, then buy it used so that I could include it in my b2g1, there's nothing against that[/QUOTE]

Can't do that champ. Your trade-ins are sent to Corporate so they can be refurbished at their facility in Grapevine, TX. You can't trade in a game and then rebuy it as used. Get over it.

[quote name='oasisboy']Can't do that champ. Your trade-ins are sent to Corporate so they can be refurbished at their facility in Grapevine, TX. You can't trade in a game and then rebuy it as used. Get over it.[/QUOTE]

i know for a fact that's a fucking lie, me and my friend have done this multiple times so that we can rent titles from gamestop, the manager at my old store even tells customer they have the right to do that. their is a 7 day return policy

[quote name='Glass Ghost']1. for the last time, how was i trying to cheat the system?!?!? Gamestop wasn't losing anything, don't they make more money when a game is traded in and purchased at a higher price than the trade in value

2. who the hell cares about a ps2, the system is ancient, they should just be given away

3.and your last point is exactly why gamestop is shady if it's true, like i said used games is where they make they're money, so they're opening new games to sell as new so that they make more money, fuck that[/QUOTE]

1. I already mentioned this... "[quote name='oasisboy']Can't do that champ. Your trade-ins are sent to Corporate so they can be refurbished at their facility in Grapevine, TX. You can't trade in a game and then rebuy it as used. Get over it.[/QUOTE]

2. Given away? Dude, you got mental issues.

3. How is GameStop shady? If this was "shady" it would be illegal. Last time I checked, it is still happening. Don't like, don't buy. This is a country of choices. It is called capitalism.

[quote name='Glass Ghost']why are you being so thick? I wanted to buy the game new, return it right then, then buy it used so that I could include it in my b2g1, there's nothing against that, have done a b2g1 and returned one making it a b1g1 but like I said my old gamestop was cool.

And, I clearly said the generic cases would be on display, hell just put a picture up with no case, you would get the actual sealed game case when you went to purchase it, only on "new" and i use that word loosely, games not used[/QUOTE]

I realize that, but on your initial post, you didn't word it that way. As for returning one game making it b1g1, they aren't supposed to do that and should get fired for doing so.

I think you're the one being thick here. Not everyone wants to just see generic art-box with a picture on it. They want to see the actual game box.

[quote name='sasukekun']I realize that, but on your initial post, you didn't word it that way. As for returning one game making it b1g1, they aren't supposed to do that and should get fired for doing so.

I think you're the one being think here. Not everyone wants to just see generic art-box with a picture on it. They want to see the actual game box.[/QUOTE]

you're right i am being "think" here

[quote name='Glass Ghost']1. i know for a fact that's a fucking lie, me and my friend have done this multiple times so that we can rent titles from gamestop, 2. the manager at my old store even tells customer they have the right to do that. their is a 7 day return policy[/QUOTE]

1. Dude, I worked for GameStop so you are bullshitting. Nobody "rents" games from GameStop. I have seen the company manual and there is a code that HR uses to fire people who borrow games. It is against company policy. Employees and managers have been fired for this.

2. You are talking about "USED games". Customers can return these games within 7 days regardless of reason.

You are cracking me up.

[quote name='Glass Ghost']you're right i am being "think" here[/QUOTE]

Oh no! We got an english teacher here!

[quote name='Glass Ghost']... like i said used games is where they make they're money, so they're opening new games to sell as new so that they make more money, fuck that[/QUOTE]

When you purchase a new game, about 90-95% of that money goes right back to the developer. GameStop probably makes at most $5 off new game sales.

[quote name='Glass Ghost']i know for a fact that's a fucking lie, me and my friend have done this multiple times so that we can rent titles from gamestop, the manager at my old store even tells customer they have the right to do that. their is a 7 day return policy[/QUOTE]
You and your friend should be banned from GameStop. It's true that there is a 7-day return policy for all pre-owned items, but it's people like you and your friend who abuse that system.

[quote name='sasukekun']I realize that, but on your initial post, you didn't word it that way. As for returning one game making it b1g1, they aren't supposed to do that and should get fired for doing so.

I think you're the one being thick here. Not everyone wants to just see generic art-box with a picture on it. They want to see the actual game box.[/QUOTE]

Don't waste you time with this dude. He is one of those that think they deserve the world at every store they shop.

[quote name='sasukekun']

Hypocrite. When you purchase a new game, about 90-95% of that money goes right back to the developer. GameStop probably makes at most $5 off new game sales.[/QUOTE]

He will not understand your explanation about profits. He is not that smart. He just wants to get his way.

I think you're the one being thick here. Not everyone wants to just see generic art-box with a picture on it. They want to see the actual game box.[/QUOTE]

the only reason they should get fired is if the company doesn't care about customers, i didn't return it just to get b1g1, i returned it because i didn't like it, i didn't make anyone do it. Also i just remembered, a while back I bought Blur, but when i tried to play it it would freeze and it wouldn't install it would fail, i took it back and they only had new copies, the guy gave me the new copy for the same price

I've worked in customer service for years now and my whole point is that theres a difference between being a jerk to a customer, trying to make a customer happy/make a sale, and following the rules. If the guy hadn't have been a jerk and just been nice and gave me some explanation as to why he couldn't have done it then I wouldn't have even cared, its just the way he went about it that was poor customer service

[quote name='oasisboy']1. Dude, I worked for GameStop so you are bullshitting. Nobody "rents" games from GameStop. I have seen the company manual and there is a code that HR uses to fire people who borrow games. It is against company policy. Employees and managers have been fired for this.

2. You are talking about "USED games". Customers can return these games within 7 days regardless of reason.

You are cracking me up.[/QUOTE]

thats what i fucking said dumbass, the manager tells customers they can buy a used game, return it, get a new one, sometimes paying more sometimes less, but you can do that as many times you want hence "renting" used titles, and as a gamestop employee you are allowed to check out games

[quote name='sasukekun']Oh no! We got an english teacher here!

When you purchase a new game, about 90-95% of that money goes right back to the developer. GameStop probably makes at most $5 off new game sales.

You and your friend should be banned from GameStop. It's true that there is a 7-day return policy for all pre-owned items, but it's people like you and your friend who abuse that system.[/QUOTE]

and you got me, i messed up too, i meant used instead of new

[quote name='Glass Ghost']

I've worked in customer service for years now and my whole point is that theres a difference between being a jerk to a customer, trying to make a customer happy/make a sale, and following the rules. [/QUOTE]

You were not helping by insisting for the employee to perform a transaction that would get him fired.

listen if you were there, you would understand where i'm coming from, all i asked was if i could buy the game and return it and buy it back, that's when he started being a jerk and feeding me bs lines, he was even being a jerk to his coworker who was checking everyone in the store out, and saying how he couldn't believe he hadn't done anything all day, he was completely rude and all i did was ask questions about it being beat up and already opened. Even my fiance said she felt like he was accusing us of stealing when all i wanted to do was buy the game because i had checked all the other local gamestops and didn't want to order it. Like we even established i was going to be at the loss not gamestop

Picked up CoD: World at War, Fallout 3, Fallout 3: Point Lookout and Broken Steel dlc disc, and Tom Clancy's Hawx

Can we please ignore the ignorance from this Glass Ghost guy?

Back on topic...I was thinking about getting Fallout 3 and NV on PS3, but are they really as unplayable as some people say? Seems to be mixed opinions out there.

I know I'm getting Eternal Sonata and The Banjo Kazooie/Viva Pinata pack. I need a few recommendations on what to buy for games under 20 bucks. I'm up to pretty much anything.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I have a 360, PS3, and a 3DS. Thanks again for any recommendations guys.

[quote name='captaintek3304']Can we please ignore the ignorance from this Glass Ghost guy?

Back on topic...I was thinking about getting Fallout 3 and NV on PS3, but are they really as unplayable as some people say? Seems to be mixed opinions out there.[/QUOTE]

New Vegas played OK on the PS3 for me, of course I only got about an hour in. I love the hell out of FO3, but I've tried on 3 different occassions (thanks for $5 games at Blockbuster) to give New Vegas another chance and I just cannot get past the beginning. It's slow and boring. I even made it to the Strip once but found the quests random and forgettable.

I'd honestly find another game in that price range to try.

[quote name='dwmacfar2']I know I'm getting Eternal Sonata and The Banjo Kazooie/Viva Pinata pack. I need a few recommendations on what to buy for games under 20 bucks. I'm up to pretty much anything.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I have a 360, PS3, and a 3DS. Thanks again for any recommendations guys.[/QUOTE]

Has Dragon Knight Saga dropped to that price range yet? It's a great game and would be well worth it.

Also, after having it sit on my shelf, I finally gave Dungeon Siege 3 a spin and i haven't been able to put it down. It's pretty damn fun once you get all the abilities and special moves straight.

[quote name='captaintek3304']Can we please ignore the ignorance from this Glass Ghost guy?

Back on topic...I was thinking about getting Fallout 3 and NV on PS3, but are they really as unplayable as some people say? Seems to be mixed opinions out there.[/QUOTE]

i played both on ps3, and didnt notice any problems with either (lag/performance wise) with the exception of one small area in NV. then a later patch seemed to have fixed that, but I was already done with the primary story. i gave FO3 to my brother to play and sold back NV, but if it's any indication, i just picked up NV again yesterday on the sale to play a couple of the DLC packs.

FO3's story is probably more coherent, but NV's is more complex and branching. both are quite enjoyable once you get immersed in the world, used to the gameplay, etc.

Fallout games were meant to be played on PC/XBOX360... just like Metal Gear was meant to be played on PlayStation consoles.

[quote name='oasisboy']Fallout games were meant to be played on PC/XBOX360... just like Metal Gear was meant to be played on PlayStation consoles.[/QUOTE]

if you stopped at PC i'd be right there with you.

meant to be played vs. capable to be played.

i have no idea what the developers intentions were (meant), but i'm quite certain that they are capable of being played on ps3.

also, see the recent re-release of MGS collection for X360 - most studios will do cross platform if they have the budget for it...it's just foolish not to.

[quote name='thesuzukimethod']if you stopped at PC i'd be right there with you.

meant to be played vs. capable to be played.

i have no idea what the developers intentions were (meant), but i'm quite certain that they are capable of being played on ps3.

also, see the recent re-release of MGS collection for X360 - most studios will do cross platform if they have the budget for it...it's just foolish not to.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, all of Bethesda's games on the Gamebyro engine have been buggy crap on PS3. Numerous issues with all of them that make them nearly unplayable in many cases.

[quote name='Glass Ghost']i know for a fact that's a fucking lie, me and my friend have done this multiple times so that we can rent titles from gamestop, the manager at my old store even tells customer they have the right to do that. their is a 7 day return policy[/QUOTE]

+1
I rarely shop at gamestop and I have been told this. They don't mean 'rent' like they have a rental program. They say you can take it home for 7 days and return it if you don't like it which is basically a rental. I have had 2 employees tell me this at 2 different store when I ask about return policies.

bread's done
Back