Gamestop Buy 2 Get 1 Free Preowned (Pro members only, NOT THE RENEWAL COUPON!) 8/30-9-2

Hemi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
88 (100%)
This looks to be a coupon all Power up rewards *PRO* members will receive some time in the next few days. It will be valid from 8-30 to 9-2. To be clear you WILL nee to be a PRO member to receive this, this is not the coupon for renewing, merely a coupon going out to ALL pro members, and will be good for the small time period.

It is mentioned in the "Xtra Points" section of the poweruprewards.com website, and a survey can be done regarding your interest in it, although it is not mandatory from what I can tell.

Live now on GS.com

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=28-xu0,1350

790x135_Buy2Get1_nocta.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So If I trade in one xbox controller would it trade in for 15$+30%(Current Deal)+10%(PUR)?
Yeah. Another thing for you guys that don't have any Playcation coupons: the current 30% promo applies to preowned products as well. So you can buy something cheap (and heavily stocked) like Kinect Adventures or Link's Crossbow Training if you just want to boost your credit.

You could essentially purchase Madden, Saints Row, and Splinter Cell for ~$100 total and then trade back in for $120 with Playcation coupon.

Or go to BB

You could essentially purchase Madden, Saints Row, and Splinter Cell for ~$100 total and then trade back in for $120 with Playcation coupon.

Or go to BB
BBY is $126 if it's right down the road. If the good stuff isn't cleared out by the time the games I have coming from Amazon show up tomorrow I'll be able to grab nine newer release games for $300 if I can find them still. Or buy them all, take the half dozen playcation coupons and just stand there and trade things in until they ban me...

^yeah, it'll be tough to find copies together. One of my local has Madden, both consoles, and a Saints Row.

Might use a $10 off coupon if applicable via the PUR Rewards.

Two questions.
Does this work in store?
And would I get this if I signed up to be pro so I'd really get two buy 1 get one free deals my membership just ended yesterday

BBY is $126 if it's right down the road. If the good stuff isn't cleared out by the time the games I have coming from Amazon show up tomorrow I'll be able to grab nine newer release games for $300 if I can find them still. Or buy them all, take the half dozen playcation coupons and just stand there and trade things in until they ban me...
Yeah... This has amazing potential, I could essentially clear one store out, take it trade it in at another. Rebuy it and take it right back to the other store. With my math, I have about $700 to play with, very interested as to how much credit I can make tomorrow and points I can stack. Also need to move credit for GTA and batman at best buy.

Yeah... This has amazing potential, I could essentially clear one store out, take it trade it in at another. Rebuy it and take it right back to the other store. With my math, I have about $700 to play with, very interested as to how much credit I can make tomorrow and points I can stack. Also need to move credit for GTA and batman at best buy.
That's also a good way to get banned from either store.. just be careful with how much you do man.

I have three different cards I use, I'll be fine, might have to go to a third store.  As Ive stressed in other threads Ive been at this for about five years now, Im on a first name basis with and friends with the people who work at the two locations I frequent, as in outside of gamestop as well, I'll be fine.

Just to clarify, you guys are going to be buying Madden, SR4, and SC:B for ~100 plus tax, then trade it in for $120, making around a $10 profit, and going to keep doing this as many times as possible till you get banned?

There is a TRADE HOLD policy at GS, where anything traded in has to be held for something like 10-15 days before it can be resold. It's part of the pawn shop laws regarding used merchandise so that stolen items can be tracked by law enforcement. Isn't really effective for video games, but any store that buys used merch has to abide by this rule.

It's going to throw a wrench in your "Rebuy it..." idea.

There is a TRADE HOLD policy at GS, where anything traded in has to be held for something like 10-15 days before it can be resold. It's part of the pawn shop laws regarding used merchandise so that stolen items can be tracked by law enforcement. Isn't really effective for video games, but any store that buys used merch has to abide by this rule.

Then these stores here are breaking the law, everything traded in is immediately processed and put out for resale. Which was the case when I managed a store for a few years. I have went into stores countless times and bought stuff that is sitting waiting to be processed before they label it. Im pretty sure thats probably fact in some states but it is not in North Carolina as far as I'm aware.

Also to the prior question, no.

This is only applicable in certain states and counties. Many jurisdictions are fully able to re-sell immediately. Unfortunately, my state just enacted the trade hold nonsense.

Sale is active, just go to gamestop.com and you can see it advertised. Still says PRO members only.

Just to clarify, you guys are going to be buying Madden, SR4, and SC:B for ~100 plus tax, then trade it in for $120, making around a $10 profit, and going to keep doing this as many times as possible till you get banned?
i think they will probably use store credit to save on the tax, so $20 a pop. if i could find a madden 25 for ps3 and 360 in stock somewhere id find a 3rd game i wanted and trade those 2 to best buy for $90, new release for 10 bucks.

edit: last of us might be easier to find in stores, $44 at best buy. nearby gamestop has that and madden 25, but no tales of xillia, 11 mile away store has last of us, tales of xillia, but no madden, grrr.

have not gotten my coupon yet in my active on powerup rewards.

1. Is this supposed to be a b2g1 for pro?

2. instore or online?

3. games only? 

I have gotten 3 e-mails from GameStop about this. They REALLY want me to upgrade even though I haven't accumulated enough points in my 3+ years of the free membership to get even the lowest reward. Doubly so since my initial sign up points expired a while back.

hey so does anyone know that if i go to the store that i can do the buy 3 for 10$ and the buy two get one free in different transactions?Also how many times can you do the buy two get one free i would assume 3 times?

There is a TRADE HOLD policy at GS, where anything traded in has to be held for something like 10-15 days before it can be resold. It's part of the pawn shop laws..
This varies by location, there is no federal law that applies this policy nationwide. This is a local ordinance in your city or county that requires this. In most parts of the country, trades are put back out for sale the same day.

have not gotten my coupon yet in my active on powerup rewards.

1. Is this supposed to be a b2g1 for pro?
2. instore or online?
3. games only?
You won't get a coupon. It's a code that needs to be applied.

Its both online and instore, and yes it's supposed to be for pro members.

That's a lot of tax. At 6% here it's still a $20 profit for driving three blocks down the road.

You won't get a coupon. It's a code that needs to be applied.

Its both online and instore, and yes it's supposed to be for pro members.
1. What s the code?

2. Where/when/how were we supposed to get it? I filled out the extra points surevey but not no notice or anything.

This looks like you just show your pro card and they give you the B2G1 right there in store. Not seeing anything about codes/surveys in my email from GS

That's what I'm curious about. Unless it's tied to your actual PUR account to activate the sale when they enter the code it probably isn't though. If no one else chimes in I'm hopefully leaving in about an hour to go try it.
It's for PRO members so it might be limited to one per card, but I haven't been able to get to their details page. It just redirects to the page with all the items that are included.

It's for PRO members so it might be limited to one per card, but I haven't been able to get to their details page. It just redirects to the page with all the items that are included.
Exactly. Either way I have to drive past several stores so will try it. If not maybe I'll just sign up for a new card at each store and only make like $10 a stop but have 14 PUR cards. Collecting PUR cards will be my new hobby and funded by selling videogames! :whee:

I hope that the date on these BBY orders are wrong and these eight games show up tomorrow since they're in the local area already. The possibility of how many PUR cards I can buy with them is making me salivate.

bread's done
Back