Gamestop Buy 2 Get 1 Free Preowned (Pro members only, NOT THE RENEWAL COUPON!) 8/30-9-2

Hemi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
88 (100%)
This looks to be a coupon all Power up rewards *PRO* members will receive some time in the next few days. It will be valid from 8-30 to 9-2. To be clear you WILL nee to be a PRO member to receive this, this is not the coupon for renewing, merely a coupon going out to ALL pro members, and will be good for the small time period.

It is mentioned in the "Xtra Points" section of the poweruprewards.com website, and a survey can be done regarding your interest in it, although it is not mandatory from what I can tell.

The gamestop employee I spoke with yesterday thought the sale is just going to be a regular b2g1 with no coupon because his manager was asking him to put up signage and stuff. He doesn't know what he's talking about, does he?

When I click on the Xtra points link It still give me the picture that says coming soon?

Where would I go to get the B2G1 coupon?

You know that game is pretty much sold out nationwide, right? You will need to count your blessings to find 1 used copy, let alone 2.
I found/bought two. Gave one to a friend. But yeah, it's really hard to find them used this early in its release. Maybe a few more copies will pop up.

The gamestop employee I spoke with yesterday thought the sale is just going to be a regular b2g1 with no coupon because his manager was asking him to put up signage and stuff. He doesn't know what he's talking about, does he?
I heard that was a possibility but the employee didn't seem sure enough to post it at the time. If so is it just going to activate once per card or are we going to be able to exploit enjoy the bejesus out of it?

You know that game is pretty much sold out nationwide, right? You will need to count your blessings to find 1 used copy, let alone 2.

They fucked up that launch badddd

Speaking of coupons...Anybody able to update the Birthday Coupon? It would be soo much appreciated I'm sure!

I was going to this month but haven't received my coupon yet.

Maybe I can next month if they send it after the first.

So the promo is going to require an EBC code that the employee will enter in a transaction. It was in GS' execution list for the week. And this promo is for Pro members only.

Went to gs to buy the games to return rebuy tomorrow. They were really a secretive about the b2g1. Apparently someone called and told them not to talk about it. They told me I could not return rebuy and that if I did it wouldn't register tomorrow. I asked them if I held them for pickup online would they be there tomorrow. They ended up holding the games for me till tomorrow, but made me feel like a total dick about it.

These type of sales such as buy x get x free or big bonuses on trade ins is probably going to be more and more common with the next gen consoles coming out.

Doesn't Gamestop usually roll things out instead of sending out coupons to everyone? Also you can always contact CS. If it helps, I haven't gotten my coupon either.
Did you guys not see this:

So the promo is going to require an EBC code that the employee will enter in a transaction. It was in GS' execution list for the week. And this promo is for Pro members only.

Went to gs to buy the games to return rebuy tomorrow. They were really a secretive about the b2g1. Apparently someone called and told them not to talk about it. They told me I could not return rebuy and that if I did it wouldn't register tomorrow. I asked them if I held them for pickup online would they be there tomorrow. They ended up holding the games for me till tomorrow, but made me feel like a total dick about it.
That makes no sense; why wouldn't a return-rebuy register? I picked up used copies of Saints Row IV and Payday 2 tonight to return-rebuy over the weekend with one other game, and when I told the employee that that was my plan, he just said he was "psyched" for the B2G1 and otherwise didn't comment on whether I could do that.

I guess if I had to, I could have an employee return the games in one transaction, then ring them up with the third game in a second transaction. There's no reason that wouldn't work, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the email in hand with the ebc code. It's going to be on the Gamestop employee website and should be no problem to get. Just tell them to go on GO stores

That makes no sense; why wouldn't a return-rebuy register? I picked up used copies of Saints Row IV and Payday 2 tonight to return-rebuy over the weekend with one other game, and when I told the employee that that was my plan, he just said he was "psyched" for the B2G1 and otherwise didn't comment on whether I could do that.

I guess if I had to, I could have an employee return the games in one transaction, then ring them up with the third game in a second transaction. There's no reason that wouldn't work, right?
Sounds more like he got some employees that just didn't want to be helpful in any way.

If a GS employee is known to do that or get caught, they could be termed for violating the sales fraud/integrity policy.

If a GS employee is known to do that or get caught, they could be termed for violating the sales fraud/integrity policy.
To do what, a return-rebuy or my "backup" idea? I've seen too many employees cool or indifferent doing a return-rebuy to think that doing it would violate anything.

To do what, a return-rebuy or my "backup" idea? I've seen too many employees cool or indifferent doing a return-rebuy to think that doing it would violate anything.
Just the return/rebuy. That stuff is "frowned" upon by the higher ups as it is a backdoor to circumvent the system. Such as telling a customer to buy the procard, two games and come back with the coupon tomorrow to return/rebuy and get the 3rd game free. Instant ouster

I did a return and rebuy on Xenoblade because the PUR discount didn't stack the first time and the guy was awesome about it. He did a manual input thing because it was giving him issues, but he did it. I've done it two other times and they've been great about it. I did it with the B2G1 coupon as well.

I have the email in hand with the ebc code. It's going to be on the Gamestop employee website and should be no problem to get. Just tell them to go on GO stores

So your thinking its a generic ebc code like the birthday coupon and could be potentially used at each gamestop in town?

lol

I just want to try and get Saints Row IV, Pikmin 3, Last of Us/Splintercell Blacklist

I'm planning on doing that too--just need to find a third game.

Hmm so could I return my xenoblade since they dropped the price then rebuy it using the b2g1? If it will then I this will be awesome!

No email with coupon and nothing on pur site (checked active offers and that xtra thing which hasn't updated for me).

also I'm guessing people returning/rebuying xenoblades aren't getting wii games since I thought there was a b2g1 on wii games

No email with coupon and nothing on pur site (checked active offers and that xtra thing which hasn't updated for me).

also I'm guessing people returning/rebuying xenoblades aren't getting wii games since I thought there was a b2g1 on wii games
Where did you see wii games were B2g1?!? I've been acquiring games all week and only thing they had was the b2g2 coupon. I would have been using that all week

Do you guys read the thread at all? Two GS employees stated that it will just be a code that the employees will have to enter. No coupon needed.

Do you guys read the thread at all? Two GS employees stated that it will just be a code that the employees will have to enter. No coupon needed.
There's a lot of people who are doing really well with the internet despite being illiterate so cut em some slack.

There's a lot of people who are doing really well with the internet despite being illiterate so cut em some slack.
not to mentioned it is for paid pur pro members only. you have bunch of free pur members trying to get in on this deal, and getting denied asking why.

Still getting this in my Xtra Points page:

PUR_xp_comingsoon.jpg

...so I guess I'm getting screwed over yet again by GS.  If this is the case, the title needs to be changed to YMMV because not all paid members are getting it.

That has nothing to do with anything other than letting some of us know about it ahead of time. From the way things are looking now it's going to be in store with no actual coupon on our end. We'll know tomorrow I'm sure.

PUR_xp_comingsoon.jpg

...so I guess I'm getting screwed over yet again by GS. If this is the case, the title needs to be changed to YMMV because not all paid members are getting it.
Et tu, Brute? RTFT!

This looks to be a coupon all Power up rewards *PRO* members will receive some time in the next few days. It will be valid from 8-30 to 9-2. To be clear you WILL nee to be a PRO member to receive this, this is not the coupon for renewing, merely a coupon going out to ALL pro members, and will be good for the small time period.

It is mentioned in the "Xtra Points" section of the poweruprewards.com website, and a survey can be done regarding your interest in it, although it is not mandatory from what I can tell.

There might not be signage, he was just saying that he believed that they were.

They will be unique barcodes since it's going to go out to your PUR account and be one use. This would be a cray cray sale otherwise.

Everything's indicating that it's going to be a coupon that needs to be printed or presented on your phone.

The employee I talked to about it assumed you would get an email linking to your active offers like most coupons.

---------------------------------

Et tu, Brute? RTFT!
Uh, yeah, I did RTFT and it's a clusterfuck of conflicting information and people assuming things.

Most of the posts I've seen pertain to people having something showing in their Xtra Points page (surveys, etc), while mine says (and has said for weeks) "Come back some other time."

I'll just wait until tomorrow and see what happens.

Sounds more like he got some employees that just didn't want to be helpful in any way.
That's pretty much what it was. The two usual guys are pretty good about promotions, but these guys made it seem like it was personal. They were on some kind of mission to avoid me getting the deal. Hopefully tomorrow goes smoothly. I traded in my collection towards a ps4 and need to resupply.

That's pretty much what it was. The two usual guys are pretty good about promotions, but these guys made it seem like it was personal. They were on some kind of mission to avoid me getting the deal. Hopefully tomorrow goes smoothly. I traded in my collection towards a ps4 and need to resupply.
Probably wanted to buy the games you were going to buy before they left and do the same thing.

---------------------------------

Uh, yeah, I did RTFT and it's a clusterfuck of conflicting information and people assuming things.

Most of the posts I've seen pertain to people having something showing in their Xtra Points page (surveys, etc), while mine says (and has said for weeks) "Come back some other time."

I'll just wait until tomorrow and see what happens.
Not even 5 pages and in the last 2 pages 2 GS employees have stated that it's just a code they'll input with no coupon needed.

If I lost a receipt on a used game, they can pull it up at the same location with my card and the item, right?
Yes, but super YMMV if they will and depending on what you want to do they likely will tell you that you need your receipt. Had this conversation with one of the friendlier local employees last week when he handed the receipt to my daughter.

I know when we will know for sure how this works: 8 hours and 37 minutes from now when most of the eastern time zone stores open!

bread's done
Back