GameStop Buy 2, Get 1 Free Used Games (10/17-10/24) + $500 in Gift Cards Giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-l=4668]2900[/img-l]GameStop is having an in-store only Buy 2, Get 1 Free Sale on all used games and accessories from 10/17 to 10/24. You can also use your Edge Card to get an additional 10% off.

Thanks to this GameStop sponsorship, we are giving away 5 x $100 GameStop gift cards! Simply post in this discussion thread and list some games you would be interested in picking up this sale to enter the contest. Multiple postings will not increase (or hurt) your chances of winning.

Last edited by a moderator:
got a question a little off topic but should i wait to buy fable 2 fallout 3 and possibly mortal kombat vs dc universe later on since they will have another one before christmas or should i buy them now new?

[quote name='$hady']Yet another bad experience at Gamestop, this one guy always give me troubles I have no idea why as the manager is really cool. Went in today with the b2g1f coupon and game Nazi behind the counter didn't wanna take the coupon because he couldn't clearly read the small print. I explained that is because my printer sucks and it's running out of ink and told him to just scan it'll work. It's legible but you have to look at it you can't just glance and read it... He refused because it looked like a copy and most coupons say not to accept copies.......

Told him it's from the email newsletter that came out this weekend and he says well you shoulda brought the original in from the email and not a copy. Asked if it's an email and I print it isn't that a copy? He kept mumbling and resisting and reading the coupon. Finally he caves and rings me up and my "copy" magically scanned. The whole time we having our back and forth a line is forming behing me and of course everyone assumes i'm a scam artist. LOL fuck this guy i'm calling the manager tomorrow and corporate to see if I can have him put to sleep. This guy is always a pain in the booty.[/quote]

I've dealt with these DB's before, like with the 20% cellphone coupon. I showed one guy the phone and he said he needed a printout. A printout from a cellphone? Funny because I cropped the image and made my own coupon as well and that worked.

One way to deal with these jerks is to bash their customer service. Just go to www.tellgamestop.com and enter in the receipt info. You can even choose to be contacted by a DM. And the funniest thing is that this plays a major role in their weekly ranking...and their manager's yearly bonus! (so I've heard) Even though you said the manager is cool, which is a shame that he has DB's working for him. It's always fun to hit them below the belt, their weekly rankings and possibly a no promotion for this guy!

I mean, honesty, are these guys paid enough to care about this "email" crap?

I went to another gamestop and picked up three more games with this deal:

Full Spectrum Warrior XBox
Syberia Xbox
XIII XBox (I love XIII, I played tons and tons of it on PS2 and I look forward to having a go on the XBox in 720p).

Total = $9

I love deals like this...

I would go with all sports games on gamecube. The GC was a sleeper of a system. It was a Wii before Wii was cool. I already have all the wrestling, now I need the football. For the record, Madden 08 was THE last gamecube game produced.

I'll definitely be picking up Far Cry 2, but if take advantage of this deal, I'd probably pick up Uncharted, MoH: Airborne, and Lost Planet.

I got Orange Box (360), Burnout Paradise (360), and Civilization Revolution (DS). Great deal, I might bite again if I can scrape up two games to trade-in again. Ended up paying $27 for those three after trading in Chromehounds and Gears of War.

I was looking to pick up Rygar, Maximo, and Gripshift. All of them were priced under ten bucks. Unfortunately none had the original box art. I know its probably unlikely iI'll find them with original boxart this late in the stage but i say beggars can be choosers. Anyway picked up guitar hero 3, death jr. for the wii, and call of juarez for 43 bucks.

Definitely going to swing by and look for Pure, Dead Space and Far Cry 2. There's definitely a possibility of Dead Space already having used copies... but Far Cry 2 could be a problem.

i have a question... is there a coupon or something i need for this deal? i went into a gamestop yesterday and they said you needed a printable coupon. i live in brooklyn, ny. if someone already covered this topic, i apologize. i wasnt about to read thru 2000+ posts. thanks!
and if i do buy some games, i was looking at a few older titles that are like $8 ea like prey and
perfect dark zero. then i was going to buy a few newer ones. anyone have any opinions on Dead Space and Too Human, or any suggestions?? i also want to get NHL 09 and Tiger Woods 09... we shall see!

[quote name='psychobuck']i have a question... is there a coupon or something i need for this deal? i went into a gamestop yesterday and they said you needed a printable coupon. i live in brooklyn, ny. if someone already covered this topic, i apologize. i wasnt about to read thru 2000+ posts. thanks!
and if i do buy some games, i was looking at a few older titles that are like $8 ea like prey and
perfect dark zero. then i was going to buy a few newer ones. anyone have any opinions on Dead Space and Too Human, or any suggestions?? i also want to get NHL 09 and Tiger Woods 09... we shall see![/quote]

It's in the first post...

bioshock... great game. just beat that this week. also just beat the first part of orange box. good game too. those are the kinds of games i like. wats burnour paradise? racing game?

Man, I really want to pick up some Metal Gear Solid games, the Substance/Subsistence versions, so I can catch up and finally play MGS4...

I definitely want to pick up Nights for the Wii and also Godfather: Blackhand Edition, as for my free game, I have no clue.

[quote name='psychobuck']wats burnour paradise? racing game?[/QUOTE]

Dude, if you like racing games in any way, you HAVE to try out the Burnout Series! You can probably get Burnout Revenge (the 1 before Paradise) on the cheap (I've seen it for $1.97 at Sears). It's all about "taking down" your opponents & Spectacular Crashing.

Unexpectedly, there's an actual coupon this time. I was going to get:
Lady Sia,
Nightmare of Druga,
and a third, currently unknown, game, but I didn't have a coupon with me.

I'm looking to build up my PS3 library since I'll be getting the actual system later this week, so I'm tentatively leaning towards GTA IV, Burnout Paradise and The Darkness - depends on if my store still has all three or not.

Man, I'm spending way too much money at GS this week!! :3

Picked up:

DOA XBV2 (360)
Kameo (360)
Siren (PS2)

&

Eternal Ring (360)
Dark Cloud (360)
King's Field (360)

...it's nice to fill in a few holes in my library (especially on the cheap! All those games cost ~$30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back