GameStop Buy 2, Get 1 Free Used Games (10/24-10/26) + $500 in Gift Cards Giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-l=4668]3031[/img-l]GameStop is having an in-store only Buy 2, Get 1 Free Sale on all used games and accessories from 10/24 to 10/26. You can also use your Edge Card to get an additional 10% off.

Thanks to this GameStop sponsorship, we are giving away 5 x $100 GameStop gift cards! Simply post in this discussion thread and list some games you would be interested in picking up during this sale to enter the contest. Multiple postings will not increase (or hurt) your chances of winning.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to get The World Ends with You for DS, Dead Space, and maybe the Orange Box on PC (i only played portal)

Yay, they had Dead Space for PS3, so I got that along with Metal Gear Solid 4 and Mercenaries 2 for 360. Now I just need LittleBigPlanet and Fallout 3 and I'll be set for a while for the games I want.... well, along with Resistance 2... and Gears 2... and COD: WAW.... and EndWar.... and... oh hell, it never ends :(

I went tonight and got:

Lost Planet: Colonies Edition(360),

Turok(360),

God of War II (PS2),

Unreal Tournament III (PS3),

Lara Croft: Tomb Raider Anniversary (360, unfortunately it was in a replacement case with no manual),

Armored Core 4 (360)

With the 10% edge card discount it came out to $85.69 with tax total. That's about $14.28 per game.

I figure that all of them are worth that to most people except maybe Armored Core 4 (a very niche game) and Turok (very medicocre). And I guess the whole replacement case and no manual thing for Tomb Raider: anniversary may make it seem less like an awesome deal.

Maybe I didn't do so good. I dunno.

I was kind of hoping to snag Dark Watch, Black, Phantom Brave, and Makai Kingdom too but all they had of those was Black and they were all in replacement cases. I almost bought The Darkness, Blacksite: Area 51, and F.E.A.R. Files instead , but got God of War II, AC:4, and Tomb Raider: Anniversary.

Finally gave in to the evil weasel that is Gamestop. Saw the thread on here, drove over to my local GS and opted to pick up my first Edge card. Gotta say, nice new blackness = pimp action. Picked up Dead Space, BioShock, and Rainbow Six Vegas 2. Gotta say 10% off and a free game, wow, kick-ass. Well, can't wait to hit them up again to get some bargains.

little big planet
mirrors edge
fallout 3
resistance 2
call of duty:world at war
far cry 2
socom:confrontation
prince of persia
gears of war 2
fable 2

the last buy 2 get 1 free offer was not in effect at my gamestop. I guess it is depending on locations. This one however was in effect.

I will be planning to get:
Dynasty Warriors 6
Too Human
Fable 2

I was able to snag Dead Space with this deal yesterday as well as a couple other games, thanks for the heads up! Looking forward to getting Left 4 Dead, Legendary, Saints Row 2 and a few others when this deal comes around again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Luckiest buy ever.

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 Xbox $ 53.99 (mine)
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 Xbox $ 53.99 (my cousin's)
Last Copy of Final Fantasy VII (non-greatest hits) $ 0.00

got very lucky, both MvC2 were in brand new condition and final fantasy vii was the last brand new copy that they found couple days ago when they were cleasing the back room. I feel very lucky.

Bah, missed this. Oh well. Still too busy playing other stuff. I'd actually love some old SNES games to show up, but they don't sell those any more...

I still need to get Contra 4, The World Ends With You, and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, among others. Too bad I won't have much time for them... Castlevania, Star Ocean, Mother 3, and Persona 2 are killing my free time.

[quote name='kart007k']Luckiest buy ever.

got very lucky, both MvC2 were in brand new condition and final fantasy vii was the last brand new copy that they found couple days ago when they were cleasing the back room. I feel very lucky.[/quote]

Wait, FFVII? Is this the PS1 version? GS stopped selling PS1 titles back in 2003, didn't they? In any case, I think further clarification is needed.

[quote name='kart007k']Luckiest buy ever.

got very lucky, both MvC2 were in brand new condition and final fantasy vii was the last brand new copy that they found couple days ago when they were cleasing the back room. I feel very lucky.[/quote]I gotta say that was a lucky buy. my gamestop last sold them for $59.99. It's been years since I saw a new Final Fantasy VII non gs new. I'm surprised they didn't keep it or that they sold it new.

Answered my own question, but it cost me a view of my cellfire discount code, which sucks. Bah they have enough of my money anyways.

[quote name='aojeda']Anyone know if you can use a coupon code on top of the B2G1 deal? Like that 20% cellfire coupon?

It'd cool if so, I'd pick up:

Mario Party 8
Mario Cart
Super Mario Galaxy[/quote]

Argh I keep missing these, and there's a copy of star ocean for ps2 at the local gamestop I want... and I'm going in to pick up my copy of Fallout 3 Collector's tomorrow too... they need to run it for 2 weeks haha!

[quote name='punkmaggit']Wait, FFVII? Is this the PS1 version? GS stopped selling PS1 titles back in 2003, didn't they? In any case, I think further clarification is needed.[/quote]

No, they probably stopped taking them in...and last year they were all 75% off...and a few months ago all N64, DC, and PSX games and such pennied out. You may have been had there, getting a $0.01 game as your free one, but great find nonetheless. ;)

[quote name='Dingleberry']Is this still going on...or is the date wrong in the thread title?[/quote]
Nah dude this deal is over yesterday. We are just waiting for cheapy to draw up the winners of the gift card:drool:.

I was thinking about getting some of the older God of War games to try out before the new one comes out. I also went this weekend to try to get my hands on Little Big Planet ... but I totally failed. Am I too late for the gift card giveaway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back