Gamestop.com B2G1F used game sale

y2jasper

CAGiversary!
Just read on gamestop's twitter page, now through 2/28, buy 2 get 1 freeon used games with code "FEB2G1".

http://www.gamestop.com/

time to hunt for stacking codes?

EDIT: just to avoid any confusion to new readers, codes DO NOT stack anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, I am new here but I got in and used the Feb2g1 and CAG16 ($50.00 w/ tax and codes):

Skate 3, Dirt 1 and RDR ALL WITH NO MANUALS OR ORIGINAL CASES and skate 3 did not work.

I can say I would NEVER order again online from Gamestop, even with the promo. I could simply get these on Ebay and have the cases.

[quote name='HCO_kawi']Hey guys, I am new here but I got in and used the Feb2g1 and CAG16 ($50.00 w/ tax and codes):

Skate 3, Dirt 1 and RDR ALL WITH NO MANUALS OR ORIGINAL CASES and skate 3 did not work.

I can say I would NEVER order again online from Gamestop, even with the promo. I could simply get these on Ebay and have the cases.[/QUOTE]

That's the risk you take buying from Gamestop online with used titles. For a while they had a program in place that all newer used titles would ship with case and manual, but I guess it proved to be too costly for them. Unless you have a Gamestop close by that you can return the incomplete titles to its almost not worth it.

[quote name='HCO_kawi']Hey guys, I am new here but I got in and used the Feb2g1 and CAG16 ($50.00 w/ tax and codes):

I can say I would NEVER order again online from Gamestop, even with the promo. I could simply get these on Ebay and have the cases.[/QUOTE]
Some combination of games work better than others, and could potentially be worth the hassle. If you can buy it on eBay for a similar price as what you can get from the promotion, I would say it's not worth it.

My combination was Resident Evil 5: Gold [PS3], Destroy All Humans: Path of the Furon, and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (used as a subsitute to trade in for Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes for the PS3 with $.51 left over). I contemplated alternative selections, but I chose these given they were exactly the same price.

got mine shipped to me in one day.
360-BLOPS - typical 360 condition, i already traded it in
ps3-BLOPS - complete with manual, box a little beat up
ps3-Mass Effect 2 - complete with manual great condition

Got my first of two shipments in. 3x FNV 360. (all complete, about to check the discs now)

EDIT: one disc is fine, two have 3 dots on them in a triangle. Those are getting swapped out.

Good news is that one of them came with a classic pack token. Now to see if it has been used or not!

Could I go into a gamestop location and ask for them to give me the manual and actual case if I show them my receipt ?

As stated before all my three games came with no manuals and cheap cases

If I wanted to exchange a game, how would it work? Say I bought a $50 USED game online, on the receipt the price shows up as the B2G1 price. So if I wanna get a different $55 USED game at GS, I would have to pay the difference right? Would it be the $5 difference or the difference between the B2G1 price?

Im just guessing but I think it would be the difference of what you actually paid because it's not like they are going to "pay you" so to speak to buy from them.

When a surly GS employee suggested I would have to pay the $5 difference to exchange my Mass Effect 2 I informed them that I could just as easily buy the preowned copy in the store and then return my mail order copy..its not like they differentiate whether they have case/manual when they sell them. She promptly just swapped the game for me w/o ringing it through, grumbling the whole while.

My combination was Resident Evil 5: Gold [PS3], Destroy All Humans: Path of the Furon, and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (used as a subsitute to trade in for Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes for the PS3 with $.51 left over). I contemplated alternative selections, but I chose these given they were exactly the same price.

I tried to do the same thing, so while I don't regret "rolling the dice" in this instance (because if it worked, it would've been a great deal), I won't be doing it again after the condition of the items. I picked a couple of duplicate titles for trading purposes, and I also ordered about an hour into the sale. My breakdown:

Destroy all Humans Path Furon 360 - generic case (broken), no artwork, no manual
NCAA Basketball 2010 360 - generic case (broken), no artwork, no manual
Force Unleashed Sith 360 - heavily damaged case, no manual
Force Unleashed Sith 360 - damaged case, no manual
Lips Party Classics - generic case, no artwork, no manual
Lips Party Classics - complete in box with manual (the only one)

My real issue was the Force Unleashed boxes...they weren't just dented. I wouldn't dream of keeping one in my library or re-selling it -- one is so smashed I would have a hard time describing it as "poor", the other could barely be described as "acceptable" with the amount of dings, dents and scratches on it.

Seeing as most of these are all OOP I doubt my local GS is going to be of any help. At least the shipping was free so if I have to send them back, I will.

[quote name='kidray666']When a surly GS employee suggested I would have to pay the $5 difference to exchange my Mass Effect 2 I informed them that I could just as easily buy the preowned copy in the store and then return my mail order copy..its not like they differentiate whether they have case/manual when they sell them. She promptly just swapped the game for me w/o ringing it through, grumbling the whole while.[/QUOTE]

Is this her?
14wboex.jpg

[quote name='WiiShopChannels']If I wanted to exchange a game, how would it work? Say I bought a $50 USED game online, on the receipt the price shows up as the B2G1 price. So if I wanna get a different $55 USED game at GS, I would have to pay the difference right? Would it be the $5 difference or the difference between the B2G1 price?[/QUOTE]
I don't think you can exchange games from a B2G1F willy-nilly.

[quote name='sadboy']I don't think you can exchange games from a B2G1F willy-nilly.[/QUOTE]

I have in the past B2G1F brought in games that I paid the discounted price as long as instore they have that game for the original price it still was a fair trade. They still sell the game that you return for the $55 in their store.

Got my games yesterday from the B2G1; LBP2, Tales of Vesparia, and Resonance of Fate all in original cases with instructions condition on ToV and RoF light scratches installed fine however. :)

[quote name='JustinTheGamer']I have in the past B2G1F brought in games that I paid the discounted price as long as instore they have that game for the original price it still was a fair trade. They still sell the game that you return for the $55 in their store.:)[/QUOTE]
Really? I'll have to give it a shot.

[quote name='Nightmarecast25']So is this over at 11:59 tonight or tomorrow night?[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure it ends tomorrow night, since tomorrow is the last day in Feb, and the code is called FEB2G1. I gotta go to GS tomorrow and trade in Blops so I can get in on some stuff :bomb:

[quote name='HCO_kawi']Could I go into a gamestop location and ask for them to give me the manual and actual case if I show them my receipt ?

As stated before all my three games came with no manuals and cheap cases[/QUOTE]

Yes, if you ask them they should give it to you. I think that it is corporate policy in fact.

Well I received 6 of my games today any 3 were complete (that seems to be about right now adays) 2 came in black cases (one smashed up) and the other in a green one with no artwork. All the other 3 had no manuals. Not that upset since I paid next to nothing for them. I do plan on ordering some new green cases from Amazon though since I have a bunch of games with bad cases.

While on a road trip today, I found a GS that had Yakuza 2 in stock, swapped in store for a complete copy. So happy I jumped on this when everything was stacking.

[quote name='Dark Rider']Yes, if you ask them they should give it to you. I think that it is corporate policy in fact.[/QUOTE]

The policy on the online receipt states that "actual store policy may vary", so I guess if you get a dick manager/employee they could hassle you about it.

[quote name='Rozz']The policy on the online receipt states that "actual store policy may vary", so I guess if you get a dick manager/employee they could hassle you about it.[/QUOTE]

This. I've come across one particular store that refused to let me return a game that came fucken defetive! fucken assholes!

8320 La Palma Avenue, Buena Park, CA (714) 821-6738

[quote name='Asgardian']This. I've come across one particular store that refused to let me return a game that came fucken defetive! fucken assholes!

8320 La Palma Avenue, Buena Park, CA (714) 821-6738[/QUOTE]

Call GameStop corporate at (800) 883-8895 and let them know about it.

I didn't wanna have to read through this whole topic, but I noticed they're charging full tax on the order BEFORE the discount. Will it automatically adjust after the order is placed?

[quote name='Asgardian']This. I've come across one particular store that refused to let me return a game that came fucken defetive! fucken assholes!

8320 La Palma Avenue, Buena Park, CA (714) 821-6738[/QUOTE]

yea my friend bought a used game once that didn't work, he tried to return it and they refused to even give him a copy that actually works.

Has this happened to anyone before? I bought 2 identical orders w/ different email addresses. They shipped the first, and part of the second (tracking # is dead though). Could it be because of the BlOps 1 copy limit?

Any advice on how to proceed?

Second order shows:
[FONT=&quot]DANCE CENTRAL - Xbox 360 $60.46[/FONT]
Shipped (2)

[FONT=&quot]CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS - Xbox 360 $0.00
Backordered N/A

[/FONT]

[quote name='XF Gator']Has this happened to anyone before? I bought 2 identical orders w/ different email addresses. They shipped the first, and part of the second (tracking # is dead though). Could it be because of the BlOps 1 copy limit?

Any advice on how to proceed?

Second order shows:
[FONT=&quot]DANCE CENTRAL - Xbox 360 $60.46[/FONT]
Shipped (2)

[FONT=&quot]CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS - Xbox 360 $0.00 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Backordered N/A[/FONT]

[/QUOTE]

It just looks like they'll ship you Black Ops at a later date. I had something similar happen to me with other games and I just had to wait an extra 3 days.

[quote name='Donut2922']It just looks like they'll ship you Black Ops at a later date. I had something similar happen to me with other games and I just had to wait an extra 3 days.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

Bought Kinect Sports, Dance Central, and Black Ops. They are all scratched up. Black Ops I am going to return to the store next to my house and the other two I have asked for replacements since no store within 25 miles has them. Wait a pain, oh well.

[quote name='Ketsui']feb2g1 is officially DEAAD[/QUOTE]

Coupon FEB2G1 - Buy 2 preowned games, get 1 free. Online offer only. May not be combined with other offers. Expires 3/4.
:D

got my 3 today, 2 in mint, 1 beat to hell, but all discs worked. The case looked as if someone chewed it up. Worst I have ever seen. Looked online for a store near me and took it in and they gave me what looked to be a brand new copy, even game me the disc which looked absolutely untouched compared to the scratches on the one I had. Worked out great.

John Daly-Mint
RDR-UD-Mint
NBA Jam- crappy

You guys are really lucky - I've had to return quite a few bad Gamecube/360 games to my local stores and most of 'em really don't like it. I often find myself rotating between the four local ones 'round here 'cause of it, and I can only imagine how half of the employees would react if I asked to switch out a box/case.

On another note, is it not possible for the Powerup Pro discount to stack with the feb2g1 code? They're not for me, at least.

[quote name='Ketsui']nothing stacks?????[/QUOTE]

Nope, shit, powerup doesn't even stack with cag16, you just get a point bonus and the edge card bonus, but the edge card stacks with cag16, which makes no sense at all, I mean you would think the card you pay for would stack, not just the free one, jeez! This is a partial disaster but still better than nothing.

So I got Heavy Rain in this deal for 34.99. Can I go to a gamestop and get some money back for the deal since the price went down?

[quote name='Reo 15x']So I got Heavy Rain in this deal for 34.99. Can I go to a gamestop and get some money back for the deal since the price went down?[/QUOTE]

Just return it at a GameStop store. Take the money over to Walmart or Best Buy and buy it new for $29.99.

one of the games that i ordered doesnt work. my console says that the disk is unreadable. what should i do guys? am i going to be able to change it if i bring the disk to the closest gamestop? :(:(

[quote name='HydroX']Just return it at a GameStop store. Take the money over to Walmart or Best Buy and buy it new for $29.99.[/QUOTE]
I can't, it only gives GS credit.

[quote name='pipir']one of the games that i ordered doesnt work. my console says that the disk is unreadable. what should i do guys? am i going to be able to change it if i bring the disk to the closest gamestop? :(:([/QUOTE]

You should. Just make sure to take the receipt and let them know that it doesn't work.

[quote name='Reo 15x']I can't, it only gives GS credit.[/QUOTE]

That's not true, you just have to show evidence of what method of payment you provided and, in theory, it has to be within 7 days of the package's arrival. I pulled up the purchase record on my phone from gamestop.com to show the credit card I used, otherwise I was only going to receive credit with the shipping slip that comes with the games.

Anyone know if there will be a B&M b2g1free going on anytime soon? It's just disheartening to see people having to post the condition-received for all orders placed on the website, when there's a store just down my street that always has what I want in-stock :cry:.

Just got my shipment.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 - Full case but it's a little messed up - Disc has minimal scratches but plays fine

Borderlands - Black generic case but has cover - Minimal scratches and plays fine

Left 4 Dead 2 - Generic gamestop case and cover and it smells like cheap plastic- Disc has almost nohing and plays fine.

Considering they were free I can't complain.

Here's the great shit I ordered for this sale:

Fallout - New Vegas - Cracked Disc, (I won't even put it into my 360 it's so crappy).
Need for Speed shift - Resurfaced of course, but looks okay
Enslaved - Generic Black Case - no cover - no manual - still shows circular scratches.

Konami Classics Vol. 1 - They sent me a Vol. 2 by mistake and it froze my xbox. - Generic Black Case - no cover - no manual - still shows circular scratches.
Konami Classics Vol. 2 - Generic Black Case - no cover - no manual - still shows circular scratches.
Rock of the Dead - Original case and manual - very scratched

Then I bought 9 cheap ass old 2006, 2007, and 2008 sports games that I expected to be messed up. Four of the Nine games have cover art. Zero of the nine games have manuals. Eight out of 9 have a pretty good resurfacing job done on them. Just 1 or 2 look damaged beyond repair. Nine out of the Nine games came in cheap black case.

These 4 had cover art:
NBA Live 07
Tiger Woods 07
PES 07
NBA 2k7

These 5 didn't have cover art:
MLB 2k7
NHL 2k7
FIFA 06
NHL 08
NBA 2k8

I wasn't very suprised. I expected them to be in bad shape, but I thought at least 1 of them would have a green 360 case. The cheap sports games ended up being $2 a piece. I just bought them for achievement whoring purposes.

I've got to drive pretty far to go get Konami Vol. 1. No stores around here have vol 2 unfortunately. At least they sent me two copies of Vol 2 to choose from.... :whistle2:(

[quote name='canestim']Bought Kinect Sports, Dance Central, and Black Ops. They are all scratched up. Black Ops I am going to return to the store next to my house and the other two I have asked for replacements since no store within 25 miles has them. Wait a pain, oh well.[/QUOTE]

How do you ask for replacements when no store has them? I'd greatly appreciate some help.

bread's done
Back