Gamestop.com B2G1F used game sale

y2jasper

CAGiversary!
Just read on gamestop's twitter page, now through 2/28, buy 2 get 1 freeon used games with code "FEB2G1".

http://www.gamestop.com/

time to hunt for stacking codes?

EDIT: just to avoid any confusion to new readers, codes DO NOT stack anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
All of these horror stories make me glad I skipped on this deal. I was tempted, but figured I would get disc only copies of every game I ordered.

All-in-all, for me, it wasn't too bad. Ordered six games, half were shipped USPS and the others UPS, which I found odd. Both orders were placed within minutes of each other, and shipped from the same place. USPS showed up last week, UPS last night.

As far as the game condition, all were complete except for Final Fantasy XIII, which game in a cracked and broken single disc DVD case, and all three discs had moderate scratching. I took it to a local Gamestop and the kid pulled a complete and far less scratched copy from the drawer and exchanged it all. No problems at all, but I've never had any problems at this Gamestop.

I ended up getting from this sale:

All :360:

• Final Fantasy XIII
  • Fallout: New Vegas (even came with an unused Classic Pack code)
  • Red Dead Redemption (Complete with map, too)

• Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (This was actually tagged used, but was new. The shrinkwrap was gone, but the security seal was completely intact)
  • Mass Effect
  • Eternal Sonata

Got my games on Saturday, it took three days.

Sakura Wars Wii- Original Box good condition, Missing Manual
Sonic Genesis Collection PS3 - Original box Mint condition
Deathsmiles - Original Box Great Condition Complete

Shipped in a padded bubble mailer.

Received my games yesterday...

LittleBigPlanet 2 - Original box complete with manual. Disc is in great condition
Dirt 2 - Original Box, heavily used box complete with manual. Disc had quite a few small scratches but works great
Fallout : New Vegas - Original Box, PERFECT condition. Looks like a new game and box. Even got an unused code inside for some in game items.

Had good luck this time, I usually get generic boxes. Oh well, at least the games work!

[quote name='hawaiiboy']he's probably gonna return them online, not in any store.[/QUOTE]

I understand that. I want to know how the process of exchanging a game online fucking works. I'm sure it's long, but I'm willing to do it.

Got my order in yesterday.

:ps3: Super Street Fighter IV - Almost mint condition case, manual, and disc
:360: Fable II - Case was in good condition, typical shelf wear, had original 48 hour XBL trial card in it unused, disc has very few light scratches
:360: Devil May Cry 4 - Generic case, no manual, disc has a few light scratches

I'm going to Gamestop today to trade in some games, so I should be able to score a case for DMC4 off of them. I'm sure they have plenty of them. Oh, and I know when doing B2G1 it's best to get things of the same value, but the only thing I really wanted was SSFIV, but I figure why the hell not pick up some good cheapies.

I ordered 6 games on day one of the sale and they have now arrived.
All this discs look pretty great. There were fingerprints on one, but really no scratches on any of my games, I'm glad.

All of them also came complete with cover art and manual. Just one game, Fallout Vegas, had a generic box, but with the original art and also the original cardboard slipcover. It also still had the Classic Pack download codes, I assume unused.

I'm quite happy with the quality overall.

Well I got my final 3 games (Turok, End War, and The Club). The funny thing was they all had original artwork but the were in the crappiest, busted up black cases I have ever gotten. No manuals either but that is less an issue for me. I did order some replacement cases since the number of used games I have with black cases justified the cost. Supermediastore.com has 100 cases (green) for 33.99 shipped for free as of Monday. Its more than I need right now but most places are selling 25 for like $20 so I thought for the extra $14 I would get enough to cover my used games buys from here on out.

[quote name='Luxuria']Are you sure? I used it about 5 hours ago.[/QUOTE]

On site it said it was supposed to expire the 28th if Feb...hence the promotion code.

[quote name='linkbear']On site it said it was supposed to expire the 28th if Feb...hence the promotion code.[/QUOTE]
If what Luxuria says is accurate, it could be still in their system. I think some codes have carried over past their expiration before. But yeah, that's that. C'est la vie. (nonchalantly throws smoke grenade and disappears into the rafters)

Does ACBH used require you to buy a code to play online like EA's games? I'm thinking of getting that along with MH & DBZ raging blast.

Well, got Splatterhouse & Naruto UNS 2 today and Splatterhouse works but UNS 2 doesn't, so I gotta return it to my local store, I am gonna call and make sure they have it.

It's still live. I just applied it to a test order and it says the coupon code expires 3/4. If I wasn't saving my credit for Home Front I'd have some new games. :(

For the people who wanted to know:

Got my 3 games. The two PS3 games i ordered had original cases and inserts and were in excellent condition. One had a manual one did not.

The lone 360 game I ordered came in a generic black case with no insert or manual. Game was somewhere between fair and good in terms of condition.

My 360 copy of Continuum Shift wouldn't load, and it was the free game, so I took it to GS who were out, but they let me put the original value towards a pre-order.

Still shows the link on the website with no ending date but yeah, the code is not working. I am hoping they will do some sort of promotion like this again because we just stocked up on credit and got a new xbox 360 with Kinect. My girlfriend wants Dance Central and some other Kinect games.

Typically they use the influx of 50% credit now they "should" do a buy 2 get 1 free in store or something similar to sell all the excess inventory they got from the trade in event. I am sure someone works at Gamestop around here can possibly confirm an upcoming sale?

So I had ended up buying games right before the promotion was over and just got them today. Enslaved downloaded fine but had a huge scratch on the disk (came complete though). Wet arrived in great condition and the disk had no scratches and Magna Carta 2 arrived in a generic black case which sucks. Does anyone know if you can call up a Gamestop and ask if they have the case and manual? The closest GS that has a used copy of MC2 is about a 20 min drive and... yeah. >_>

[quote name='Luxuria']So I had ended up buying games right before the promotion was over and just got them today. Enslaved downloaded fine but had a huge scratch on the disk (came complete though). Wet arrived in great condition and the disk had no scratches and Magna Carta 2 arrived in a generic black case which sucks. Does anyone know if you can call up a Gamestop and ask if they have the case and manual? The closest GS that has a used copy of MC2 is about a 20 min drive and... yeah. >_>[/QUOTE]

I doubt the employees will actually go look around very hard, but I don't see why you couldn't try.

MAGNACARTA 2 , BATTLEFIELD BAD COMPANY 2 , ENSLAVED: ODYSSEY TO THE WEST 2/25/2011

*checks tracking number*

Your item was processed through and left our COPPELL, TX 75099 facility on March 07, 2011 at 5:16 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:
Processed through Sort Facility, March 07, 2011, 5:16 pm, COPPELL, TX 75099
Processed through Sort Facility, March 06, 2011, 6:51 pm, COPPELL, TX 75099

Jesus Christ!!

[quote name='Luxuria']So I had ended up buying games right before the promotion was over and just got them today. Enslaved downloaded fine but had a huge scratch on the disk (came complete though). Wet arrived in great condition and the disk had no scratches and Magna Carta 2 arrived in a generic black case which sucks. Does anyone know if you can call up a Gamestop and ask if they have the case and manual? The closest GS that has a used copy of MC2 is about a 20 min drive and... yeah. >_>[/QUOTE]

I always do the pick up at store option on the website and it will show you the best one to attack. You don't have to reserve it, but just use the tool. Whenever they have the in store buy2get1 I do that method.

Does anyone know the time frame for an instore exchange? I got my games yesterday. Everything in horrible shape but one game can't be found anywhere near me. I want to know how long to wait for before returning everything if I can't do an exchange. Of course, the one I wanted the most is in the worse shape and is the free one.

[quote name='haimez40']I always do the pick up at store option on the website and it will show you the best one to attack. You don't have to reserve it, but just use the tool. Whenever they have the in store buy2get1 I do that method.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I do that as well. Thing is that for a few of the games I've ordered, it's not available anywhere near me which blows.

[quote name='RallyV']Does anyone know the time frame for an instore exchange? I got my games yesterday. Everything in horrible shape but one game can't be found anywhere near me. I want to know how long to wait for before returning everything if I can't do an exchange. Of course, the one I wanted the most is in the worse shape and is the free one.[/QUOTE]

I think you have 30 days, however I'd go into the store now and see if they can have a new copy shipped to you from another store. I've had that done for me in the past.

bread's done
Back