Gamestop.com B2G1F used game sale

y2jasper

CAGiversary!
Just read on gamestop's twitter page, now through 2/28, buy 2 get 1 freeon used games with code "FEB2G1".

http://www.gamestop.com/

time to hunt for stacking codes?

EDIT: just to avoid any confusion to new readers, codes DO NOT stack anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP, just order

Atelier Rorona:The Alchemists of Arland
Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon
Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love

After B2G1, EDGE, CAG16 & Tax, Total: $40.XX

[quote name='MSI Magus']Probally because the only way I could do it was to show them my receipt. When I brought them in to the store they said there is no way they could take 12 copies of the same game that the chances of them being stolen were too high or some such thing. I showed them the gamestop.com receipt and they had no choice but to let me trade them in. They grumbled about it and someone probaly reported me, but end of the day I turned like $250-$300 in to about $550 or so gamestop credit AND earned enough rewards points from buying and flipping the games to get a $20 PSN card to boot. Still think its crap I got banned since as I said I have spent $1,000s with their company, but ah well gamestop sucks anyways and it was rare I used them(90% of what I bought got returned for being incomplete)and hey they gave me $150 in credit + a $20 PSN card to boot as a good bye gift ;)[/QUOTE]

No offense, but that's why you don't trade in 12 copies of the same game to one store. I used to get questionable looks when I'd have 2 of the same game, and that made me feel like I was pushing it. Trying to unload 12 is just asking for trouble. If you don't want to get caught, next time try to be a little more discreet.

It was their mistake. Seems rather silly to bar a customer for their own stupidity. Seems like the wrong way to keep business. But then again, I spose they could care less so long as they rake in cash hand-over-fist.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $33
Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest $35
Dead Rising 2 $33
----------------------------------
$100.97
-discounts + tax
----------------
$59.72

Thanks OP!!!

[quote name='the4thnobleman']It was their mistake. Seems rather silly to bar a customer for their own stupidity. Seems like the wrong way to keep business. But then again, I spose they could care less so long as they rake in cash hand-over-fist.[/QUOTE]

Regardless, anyone with the smallest knowledge of flipping knows you don't do that. They're not obligated to take your trade ins to begin with. Why make trouble for yourself by trying to push 12 of the same game on them? Gamestop locations are a dime a dozen. Would it have been that much more trouble to spread it around to 3-4 more stores? Would have saved him a banning. And then once they call him on it, he shows them the receipt to show them how he's fucking them? Are you kidding me? lol

Picked up Fallout New Vegas, Mafia 2 and SMB: All-Stars for ~$38, and AC:Bro, Atelier Rorona: Alchemists and Time Crisis Razing Storm for ~$50. Everything for PS3 except the obvious.

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']OP please put "online only' in the title.[/QUOTE]

Have you been inside a Gamestop.com before?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']No offense, but that's why you don't trade in 12 copies of the same game to one store. I used to get questionable looks when I'd have 2 of the same game, and that made me feel like I was pushing it. Trying to unload 12 is just asking for trouble. If you don't want to get caught, next time try to be a little more discreet.[/QUOTE]

Thing is that at the time they had a promotion going on that when you traded like 5 or more games you got like 50% extra credit or something crazy like that. Flipping them 1 or 2 at a time would result in a loss, flipping all at once meant as I said a $100-$200 profit and a $20 PSN card.

[quote name='the4thnobleman']It was their mistake. Seems rather silly to bar a customer for their own stupidity. Seems like the wrong way to keep business. But then again, I spose they could care less so long as they rake in cash hand-over-fist.[/QUOTE]

Kind of what I thought.....as I said over the years I had spent $1,000s at their store and now they ban me meaning I do not really shop with them anymore. I spent the credit I made mostly on console point cards and moved on. The money they lost was their own stupid mistake and they already have lost even more money by banning me.

Mafia 2, Enslaved, and The Saboteur (all PS3) for $42.95 in credit. 3 games I have had my eye on, and gamestop credit I needed to use = :D

Thanks OP!

[quote name='MSI Magus']Thing is that at the time they had a promotion going on that when you traded like 5 or more games you got like 50% extra credit or something crazy like that. Flipping them 1 or 2 at a time would result in a loss, flipping all at once meant as I said a $100-$200 profit and a $20 PSN card.[/QUOTE]

Ah, well, at least that makes sense. You had to know you were pushing it though, haha. Come on. That's pretty ballsy, especially once you show them how you're screwing them over. It shouldn't have been a total shock that you pissed somebody off.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Kind of what I thought.....as I said over the years I had spent $1,000s at their store and now they ban me meaning I do not really shop with them anymore. I spent the credit I made mostly on console point cards and moved on. The money they lost was their own stupid mistake and they already have lost even more money by banning me.[/QUOTE]

Right, but from their perspective, you're a shady customer (or even a "dealer"). For all they know, you only buy from them when you can turn around and make a profit. They decided they would rather lose your business. Not defending Gamestop here. Just saying it's not really surprising.

Awesome just bought 9 games. Now hopefully they dont send me beat to crap cases and dont jip me on the manuals and/or cases lol

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Ah, well, at least that makes sense. You had to know you were pushing it though, haha. Come on. That's pretty ballsy, especially once you show them how you're screwing them over. It shouldn't have been a total shock that you pissed somebody off.[/QUOTE]

Hehe O I knew I was pushing it and risking them reporting me but as I said I figured making almost $200 in credit and a $20 PSN card was worth it. As I said I only shopped there once or twice a year during the b2G1 sales and even then id play like a $500 order and end up returning $300 of it because it came in shit condition. Totally worth the ban.

Gah, this sucks. All the games I want aren't in stock. :/ I hope they move this to the store, there are like 4 around me.

Got 9 Games to Canada for $177. Gonna make a packet off these for sure.

1x Red Dead Redemption
2x NBA 2K11
2x AC: Brotherhood
3x Fallout: NV
1x Tiger Woods 11

Thanks guys!

Update: Under Review, is this normal?

[quote name='fuerza']I just ordered 3 games over the weekend :([/QUOTE]

Return them at your local store if the stuff you want online is available. It's the same process if you want to swap out cases or crappy disks.

I went with Destroy All Humans: Path of Furon (360), Batman AA GOTY (PS3), and Yogi Bear (Wii). I didn't even know DAH existed. I enjoyed the PS2 games so this was a nice surprised. As for Yogi, what can I say? I'm a sucker for side scrollers.

According to many CAGs, GameStop is the worst B&M retailer of the year! Seriously? I guess your local Wal-Mart and Best Buy have deals like these all the time.

I'm wanting to pull the trigger but can't seem to bring myself to do it with the huge backlog of games. I think I'll just wait. :)

[quote name='ravens52bears54']Can someone refresh my memory? Does AC: Brotherhood require a one time use code for online multiplayer?[/QUOTE]

Nope, no code required. There's not even an instruction manual. It's more like a 2-3 page insert, so don't worry if that isn't included.

[quote name='oasisboy']According to many CAGs, GameStop is the worst B&M retailer of the year! Seriously?[/QUOTE]

Where were the CAG awards posted anyways? I always miss them.

[quote name='pdornwvu']I completely agree with this. Bought 4 Splinter Cells not too long ago, Double Agent and the original 3. Only Double Agent came with original box and instructions. The other 3, generic custom cases and no instructions.[/QUOTE]
Why would you do that with the SC HD Trilogy coming out in a few months?

[quote name='dino88']Nope, no code required. There's not even an instruction manual. It's more like a 2-3 page insert, so don't worry if that isn't included.[/QUOTE]
Awesome! Thanks for the response.

[quote name='sabanoo']Unless it's not easy to swap them out or they don't have them...[/QUOTE]

This, plus you don't know if the employee will cooperate. I haven't had much trouble in the past which is good, but ya never know.

The biggest thing keeping me away is what do they have that I need? The flood of sales elsewhere has kept my backlog well stocked with new games at good prices, making the used market less useful to me. There's a thought, is the sale good on controllers? I need a new DS3 and could use a nav controller if I ever get the sharpshooter.

Their website is damn slow... I actually wanted to order a few things this time too but it'll take forever to even find anything at this rate.

[quote name='Drclaw411']glad i got my order in already...their servers are being raped right now[/QUOTE]

I assume someone must have posted this sale on slickdeals or something

ebgames.com always works when gamestop.com is getting slammed

Very sweet deal, thanks for posting! I love the stacking action.

Well, I placed my first order for 3 games and was going to place another (since the B2G1 only works once per order, it seems), but looks like we've crashed their servers for now... the site has locked up and I can't get my second order in. Ha! That's always the best measure of a good deal!

I haven't checked out or anything but my Power Up discount is only working on two of the games in my cart for some reason?

CAG16 doesn't seem to work for me either? Should I plug that in BEFORE the FEB2G1 code?

Edit: Never mind. I had to type CAG16 in first.

I still don't know why my PUR card isn't working on Donkey Kong?

[quote name='MSI Magus']Sigh I am still banned from last b2g1 apparently. Bought a few copies of Black ops then traded them back in to gamestop for about $15 profit a copy.[/QUOTE]
:-({|=

Eh....definately didn't need this, but got PS3:

Fallout: New Vegas
Dead Rising 2
COD: Black Ops

all with FEB2G1, PUR, CAG16, and SAVER...for a grand total after tax of $62.03. Plan on flipping Black Ops since I already have 2 copies (for my 2 PS3's), should net me ~$40 on CL.

Was going to get Castlevania LOS instead of DR2, but hell I love everything zombie since I was 3 in 1985.

Thanks!

I ordered 3 games all for $32.99 with all the discount applied. Can anyone explain why it says $24.99 was deducted in the summary, instead of $32.99? I submitted the order anyway after realizing that the combination I chose was the best deal I could get.

[quote name='sadboy']I ordered 3 games all for $32.99 with all the discount applied. Can anyone explain why it says $24.99 was deducted in the summary, instead of $32.99? I submitted the order anyway after realizing that the combination I chose was the best deal I could get.[/QUOTE]

I think it's subtracting the cost of one of your games (the free one) after applying the 16% discount to that game.

So, it takes 16% of all 3 of your games, and then subtracts that discounted price to make the one free.

Sound right?

bread's done
Back