Gamestop.com/EBgames.com Promo Codes

d4rk

CAG Veteran
Gamestop/EBgames (online) codes and Special Offers

(Last Update: May 10th, 2011)

Valid Promotional Codes (as of 4/3):

VSHIP
- Free value shipping on orders of $24.99 or more. Offer excludes game consoles. Expires 4/30 - Doesn't seem to stack with PUR and CAG16 at the same time. This is the successor to the now defunct SAVER code. Not valid on preorders.
CAG16 - 16% off all in-stock used games & dvds. Online only. Other restrictions may apply - Will usually stack with Edge 10% discount for a total of 26% in savings on pre-owned games. Supposedly does not work with PUR.
FREESHIPORDER20 - Free value shipping on in-stock game orders of $20 or more. Continental US only. While supplies last. Not valid with other offers or bundles. Expires 6/5/11 - does not seem to stack with CAG16. Will work with PUR discount.
15SAVE
Receive 15% off the purchase of in-stock Xbox 360 or PS3 games totaling $79.99 or more after PUR discount. Offer excludes consoles and DLC. Expires 5/15/11. Stacks with PUR 10% off for 25% off (roughly). Games can be New or Preowned.

Other Offers

PUR/Edge Discount
- If you have a qualifying Gamestop/EBgames card which gets you 10% off in store on used products, you can use the same card online to receive a similar discount. Unfortunately, this doesn't always stack neatly with promos and can sometimes be a pain in the ass. There is a section specifically to input your card number on the cart page.
Free Shipping - In-stock items only. Consoles and downloads not included. Online only - Supposedly applies automatically when you have two qualifying products in your cart. Fine print says it can't be stacked with other offers, but who knows. This is value shipping, thus pretty much identical to VSHIP.

Recently Expired Codes

SAVER
- Pretty much identical to VSHIP but stacked with CAG16 perfectly.
20PRE - Was 4% better than CAG16.
10FREE - This was a 10 from 80 code with free shipping.

FAQ

Q) A code you say is valid isn't working or stacking with other promos as it's supposed to.
A) Read the error you're getting. If it says the code isn't valid it either is no longer valid or you entered it wrong. If it says that it can't be applied on that order read the fine print and make sure you're using it right. If you didn't make a mistake with either of those steps, try adding it and other promos in various orders (and with varying amounts of items in your cart, adding the rest later). Sometimes you have to jury rig it, Gamestop's promo system is notoriously screwy.

Q) I have a 10/20 dollar off unique promo code from a previous purchase that no longer works, but according to the expiration date it should.
A) Gamestop shut down almost all of those promotion codes after a couple of them were found to be buggy and have unlimited uses (they're intended to be a 1 time thing). Very few, if any, are still functional. Some people have had success in having the codes honored after talking with customer support. Typically if you arrange it in advance they'll take the code from you by email after you've placed your order then retroactively give you the discount. Don't hold me to this though, you'll have to go through customer support so it's YMMV.

Q) Will my pre-owned games bought online from Gamestop/EBgames come with a proper instruction booklet and case?
A) Maybe, but don't count on it. The quality of the discs is reportedly lower than in-store merchandise as well. Some people have gotten around this issue by bringing them to their local Gamestop and convincing the management to swap out for different discs and/or cases. This is also YMMV.

Q) Can I use in-store credit online?
A) Yes, easily. You will need the card number and its pin (which is concealed via a scratch off barrier on the back). Please keep in mind however that you will be charged sales tax for online purchases made with store credit even if Gamestop doesn't tax in-store credit purchases in your state.

Q) These deals suck. Gamestop sucks. I remember when they used to have good promos. So on and so forth, etc.
A) Yup.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I know, no one has gotten cag16 to stack with PUR 10%. So anyone who is a new PUR member or updates their Edge to PUR loses the cag16 stack

[quote name='vherub']As far as I know, no one has gotten cag16 to stack with PUR 10%. So anyone who is a new PUR member or updates their Edge to PUR loses the cag16 stack[/QUOTE]

They stack for me. I put the stuff in my cart, then apply CAG16, then log into the website which adds the PUR 10% discount.

[quote name='bgame2']They stack for me. I put the stuff in my cart, then apply CAG16, then log into the website which adds the PUR 10% discount.[/QUOTE]

Tried clearing cookies, using a different browser, added cag16 one at a time... couldn't get it to do both. Share your leet ninja skills?

Also, is the Free Shipping on two or more items only for new games, not used? I can get it to register with 2 new games but not 2(or 3) used games.

[quote name='timmaa']Tried clearing cookies, using a different browser, added cag16 one at a time... couldn't get it to do both. Share your leet ninja skills?

Also, is the Free Shipping on two or more items only for new games, not used? I can get it to register with 2 new games but not 2(or 3) used games.[/QUOTE]

In reverse, free shipping has been much more "hit or miss" with me. Entering Value Ship, sometimes causes disasters on the other discounts. However, the most successful I've been has been to do the following:

Put 2 used games in cart. Most recently I went with FO:NV PS3 x 2. Then I entered the Vship code. Next I added a few more games, COD: BO and Homefront. I then entered CAG16 and got that "Oops...you suck" error message. At that point, I hit the X next to Valueship and got rid of that (more below). I then logged into the website which kicked in my PUR discount of 10% as well as the Cag16 discounts on each game. When I proceeded to the shipping screen, the cheapest method was still 0.00 even though I had X'ed out Vship.

I don't know if that will help or not. Their website is more about dumb luck than ninja skills. I do wish I had me some ninja skills though. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting, I can't repeat successfully what you've done though. At least cag16 replaces the 10% pur for me, though can't get free shipping with used items.
Once the sale goes live online, I know I am going to waste too much time being frustrated trying to get a stack going.

[quote name='RockMySocks10']For some reason VSHIP isn't working for me, I am trying to order Portal 2 for PC, anyone know why it won't work?[/QUOTE]

I don't think VSHIP works on preorders.

[quote name='rainking187']I don't think VSHIP works on preorders.[/QUOTE]

damn, do you know if there is anyway to get free shipping on preorders from GameStop?

[quote name='RockMySocks10']damn, do you know if there is anyway to get free shipping on preorders from GameStop?[/QUOTE]

Depends on the game...

[quote name='lllGurulll']VSHIP doesn't work with CAG16 now? Jesus, there is no point shopping online anymore.[/QUOTE]
Gamestop is holding a grudge against CAG for the whole Buy1Get1 fiasco where we made Space Chimps GOTY.

So I accidentally ordered an extra copy of Portal 2 yesterday, tried to cancel it immediately, couldn't. So emailed them to cancel it, and they replied and said they couldn't cuz it was already packed for shipping. Had to pay for shipping since VSHIP doesn't work on preorders (they should change the code to BSHIT). Can't get shipping money back on return. I hate shopping on GS.com. I'll stick with in-store, when necessary. Thankfully I buy most my games on amazon anyway.

[quote name='Ionotropic']So I accidentally ordered an extra copy of Portal 2 yesterday, tried to cancel it immediately, couldn't. So emailed them to cancel it, and they replied and said they couldn't cuz it was already packed for shipping. Had to pay for shipping since VSHIP doesn't work on preorders (they should change the code to BSHIT). Can't get shipping money back on return. I hate shopping on GS.com. I'll stick with in-store, when necessary. Thankfully I buy most my games on amazon anyway.[/QUOTE]

IIRC returning it to the store should get you your shipping costs refunded as well... The MN stores I've returned to always are slow with online returns because they add the shipping back in through sales tax.

[quote name='Hiro0015']IIRC returning it to the store should get you your shipping costs refunded as well... The MN stores I've returned to always are slow with online returns because they add the shipping back in through sales tax.[/QUOTE]

Really? here in CA they can't repay shipping. :roll:

[quote name='missingno81']Is there any code for orders over $80 besides free shipping?[/QUOTE]

*Are there

And no I there are not any active right now.

-Grammar Gestapo

[quote name='missingno81']Is there any code for orders over $80 besides free shipping?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Dark Rider']*Are there

And no I there are not any active right now.

-Grammar Gestapo[/QUOTE]
"Is there" was correct because he asked for a code, not pleural codes.

[quote name='Ionotropic']"Is there" was correct because he asked for a code, not pleural codes.[/QUOTE]

Ah, you're correct. I read that wrong.

If I was being super critical.

W: Is there any code for orders over $80 besides free shipping.
C: Is there a code for orders over $80 besides free shipping.

Any implies that there are multiples.

Grammar Gestapo out

Sorry for being an ass.

So I got one of those $10 off codes that expire on 2013. I read through some posts and saw that it's a glitch so if I place my order and call them will they give me $10 off? I wish I checked this thread earlier so I would've used it last year.

I got a few questions if someone doesn't mind helping me. I've never shopped online with GS, but looking over the site I can see it has a in-store pickup for online orders. Can I still use CAG16 on this?

[quote name='Devil May Cry']I got a few questions if someone doesn't mind helping me. I've never shopped online with GS, but looking over the site I can see it has a in-store pickup for online orders. Can I still use CAG16 on this?[/QUOTE]

nope it seems as soon as you have any discount other than EDGE/PowerUp
you lose the option for in store pick up.
It sucks :/

Ugh, sucks. I'm a collector, so the whole case/manual thing is a big deal to me. Don't want a maybe from buying online. Guess I'll stick to eBay/Amazon for now...

[quote name='Devil May Cry']Ugh, sucks. I'm a collector, so the whole case/manual thing is a big deal to me. Don't want a maybe from buying online. Guess I'll stick to eBay/Amazon for now...[/QUOTE]

As a serious collector, why would you bother purchasing used from Gamestop, knowing that the game has likely been in the sticky hands of a 9 year old?

15SAVE is expired. any current or upcoming codes?
It appears that gamestop.com is dropping many (maybe all) of their "online only" prices, e.g., games that were 44.99 online and 49.99 in store are now also 49.99 online. BOO!

[quote name='Ketsui']anyone got free shipping codes???[/QUOTE]

There is VSHIP and FREESHIPORDER20. But neither seem to stack with CAG16. I think they stack with PUR though. If there is another code that does stack let me know cause I would use it in a heartbeat. I feel like all orders over $25 should be free shipping automatically like it used to be. Oh well.

EDIT: looks like FREESHIPORDER20 expired on the 5th.

[quote name='xSiLeNcEx']does anyone know if i can use a $10 off pre-owned coupon on a $10 game in-store? gotta use it before it expires.[/QUOTE]

are you talking about the PUR coupon? if so, I think you HAVE to use it in store. Anybody correct me if I'm wrong here...

[quote name='DesertLeo']are you talking about the PUR coupon? if so, I think you HAVE to use it in store. Anybody correct me if I'm wrong here...[/QUOTE]

The question is can you use the $10 off coupon to get a $9.99 game?

[quote name='bagwelljeff']The question is can you use the $10 off coupon to get a $9.99 game?[/QUOTE]

I'm sick of GS/EB!. I went in to get Fight Night Champion which is 34.99 with my $10 off coupon and it wouldn't work because the game is on sale and that is considered an offer. Walked out and told them to stick it, POS. I said I'm glad I wasted my points on this piece of paper. I love that stupid look they have on their faces when you walk out.:hot:

[quote name='xSiLeNcEx']does anyone know if i can use a $10 off pre-owned coupon on a $10 game in-store? gotta use it before it expires.[/QUOTE]

you could use it on portal 2, since it just price dropped. 34.99$ pretty owned, any new codes working currently?

Hmm... is a used copy of Two Worlds II for $22.67 worth it? (used cag16 and vship). Need something to hold me off until Skyrim and want some multiplayer.

[quote name='killer9']are there any new free shipping codes that work[/QUOTE]

There have been cases where VSHIP still work, but they don't stack with anything else. I haven't tried it recently but you can give it a shot.

bread's done
Back