Gamestop.com/EBgames.com Promo Codes

d4rk

CAG Veteran
Gamestop/EBgames (online) codes and Special Offers

(Last Update: May 10th, 2011)

Valid Promotional Codes (as of 4/3):

VSHIP
- Free value shipping on orders of $24.99 or more. Offer excludes game consoles. Expires 4/30 - Doesn't seem to stack with PUR and CAG16 at the same time. This is the successor to the now defunct SAVER code. Not valid on preorders.
CAG16 - 16% off all in-stock used games & dvds. Online only. Other restrictions may apply - Will usually stack with Edge 10% discount for a total of 26% in savings on pre-owned games. Supposedly does not work with PUR.
FREESHIPORDER20 - Free value shipping on in-stock game orders of $20 or more. Continental US only. While supplies last. Not valid with other offers or bundles. Expires 6/5/11 - does not seem to stack with CAG16. Will work with PUR discount.
15SAVE
Receive 15% off the purchase of in-stock Xbox 360 or PS3 games totaling $79.99 or more after PUR discount. Offer excludes consoles and DLC. Expires 5/15/11. Stacks with PUR 10% off for 25% off (roughly). Games can be New or Preowned.

Other Offers

PUR/Edge Discount
- If you have a qualifying Gamestop/EBgames card which gets you 10% off in store on used products, you can use the same card online to receive a similar discount. Unfortunately, this doesn't always stack neatly with promos and can sometimes be a pain in the ass. There is a section specifically to input your card number on the cart page.
Free Shipping - In-stock items only. Consoles and downloads not included. Online only - Supposedly applies automatically when you have two qualifying products in your cart. Fine print says it can't be stacked with other offers, but who knows. This is value shipping, thus pretty much identical to VSHIP.

Recently Expired Codes

SAVER
- Pretty much identical to VSHIP but stacked with CAG16 perfectly.
20PRE - Was 4% better than CAG16.
10FREE - This was a 10 from 80 code with free shipping.

FAQ

Q) A code you say is valid isn't working or stacking with other promos as it's supposed to.
A) Read the error you're getting. If it says the code isn't valid it either is no longer valid or you entered it wrong. If it says that it can't be applied on that order read the fine print and make sure you're using it right. If you didn't make a mistake with either of those steps, try adding it and other promos in various orders (and with varying amounts of items in your cart, adding the rest later). Sometimes you have to jury rig it, Gamestop's promo system is notoriously screwy.

Q) I have a 10/20 dollar off unique promo code from a previous purchase that no longer works, but according to the expiration date it should.
A) Gamestop shut down almost all of those promotion codes after a couple of them were found to be buggy and have unlimited uses (they're intended to be a 1 time thing). Very few, if any, are still functional. Some people have had success in having the codes honored after talking with customer support. Typically if you arrange it in advance they'll take the code from you by email after you've placed your order then retroactively give you the discount. Don't hold me to this though, you'll have to go through customer support so it's YMMV.

Q) Will my pre-owned games bought online from Gamestop/EBgames come with a proper instruction booklet and case?
A) Maybe, but don't count on it. The quality of the discs is reportedly lower than in-store merchandise as well. Some people have gotten around this issue by bringing them to their local Gamestop and convincing the management to swap out for different discs and/or cases. This is also YMMV.

Q) Can I use in-store credit online?
A) Yes, easily. You will need the card number and its pin (which is concealed via a scratch off barrier on the back). Please keep in mind however that you will be charged sales tax for online purchases made with store credit even if Gamestop doesn't tax in-store credit purchases in your state.

Q) These deals suck. Gamestop sucks. I remember when they used to have good promos. So on and so forth, etc.
A) Yup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I used the following code: 38LK73G
Is there no longer a free ground shipping code? I used SAVER but it states I get 10% off my next online order.

[quote name='woodcan']Thanks, I used the following code: 38LK73G
Is there no longer a free ground shipping code? I used SAVER but it states I get 10% off my next online order.[/QUOTE]

It's a glitch that changes the message when you stack SAVER with another code. But you should still get the free shipping when you're checking out.

You guys probably dont need to be posting which one you used since while originally they were one time use for $10 off, they are now infinite use for 10% off.

Ship1019 free overnight shipping on the following titles

fallout new vegas
dead space 2
dragon age 2
god of war ghosts of sparta
rock band 3
vanquish
deus ex human revelution
yugi oh 5 d's tag force 5
kirbys epic yarn
fist of the north star kens rage
new Golden sun

[quote name='killer9']Ship1019 free overnight shipping on the following titles

vanquish
[/QUOTE]

I tried to use this, but it didn't work. Anyone else have luck with it?

[quote name='Reno Takamiya']Make sure if his account number has changed. from his edge card number to his power up card number.
Because I clicked save I didn't think the number changed so I kept retyping it in over and over until I checked that the number had changed on the edge card page.

@Everyone Else
Does Saver have to be on a 25$ order or can it be used on any other priced order? Because I just added the coupon and it didn't say anything about having to be an order of 25$ on the information I haven't ordered anything yet I just want to make sure.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I was wondering why this was not working. I sent a message to [email protected] a couple days ago but of course I did not get a response. I updated my card info but my old card info still shows but when I add a game I get the discount now.

[quote name='killer9']Ship1019 free overnight shipping on the following titles

fallout new vegas

[/QUOTE]

Anyone have luck with this yet?

I want to order something tonight. But my Edge card is expired. Can you borrow someone elses? If so, can anyone loan me their number?

sorry if this is a noob question but does anyone knows that if i were to order from GS online, is it a guarantee that i won't get a gutted copy? Im thinking of pre-ordering the new Golden Sun.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']when I click SAVE nothing happens... my card is active though, I have 1010 reward points. maybe it's because my original EDGE card doesn't expire until the end of October and is still active?[/QUOTE]
Exactly the same with me. I do not want to buy online now, because I do not know if the points will apply to my power up card. I may need to call them.

[quote name='ZeroXFlame']sorry if this is a noob question but does anyone knows that if i were to order from GS online, is it a guarantee that i won't get a gutted copy? Im thinking of pre-ordering the new Golden Sun.[/QUOTE]

I've never gotten a gutted game when I ordered a new copy online.

[quote name='rainking187']I've never gotten a gutted game when I ordered a new copy online.[/QUOTE]

thx..i guess from now on i will just order online from GS so i can save a few bucks and not have to deal with gutted games.

can those UFC codes be used more then once (The 10 off an order)

i had a few codes and cant remember what ones i used (i thought i deleted the emails when i used the coupons) Well i got one coupon on one emal that i though i used for FF 4 lights ... went in an placed an order and the coupon worked again

but not sure if i already used it or not...if they quote 22.09 for a game shipped can they turn around later and say coupon was used 2 weeks back and charge 30+ tax after the game shipps

Wow this thread needs to go away. It hasnt been updated in 2 months. If gamestop ever has a decent code again people are going to miss it.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Wow this thread needs to go away. It hasnt been updated in 2 months. If gamestop ever has a decent code again people are going to miss it.[/QUOTE]

Someone can take over it, I don't have time to update it everyday, nevertheless, every month lol.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Wow this thread needs to go away. It hasnt been updated in 2 months. If gamestop ever has a decent code again people are going to miss it.[/QUOTE]
Or you know, you can always read the thread, the posts do contain info, not just the OP.

[quote name='ackbar7']Or you know, you can always read the thread, the posts do contain info, not just the OP.[/QUOTE]
Oh definitely. That's clearly the best way to go about it.

[quote name='ackbar7']Or you know, you can always read the thread, the posts do contain info, not just the OP.[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me?

[quote name='kevgret']Are you kidding me?[/QUOTE]
Not at all. I hate CAGs who show up in threads expecting info to just be handed to them. If they don't like it that the OP hasn't been updated in 2 months they can start their own thread. If they don't though, they should just keep their mouth shut, as all they are doing is asking other people to do the work for them. There are many threads that are alive and well that have no regularly updated OP.

[quote name='ackbar7']Not at all. I hate CAGs who show up in threads expecting info to just be handed to them. If they don't like it that the OP hasn't been updated in 2 months they can start their own thread. If they don't though, they should just keep their mouth shut, as all they are doing is asking other people to do the work for them. There are many threads that are alive and well that have no regularly updated OP.[/QUOTE]

Wow... do you sound bitter or what.

I think they just said it wasn't updated.. I'm not sure there was any malice or ill will with their statements about the thread not being updated.

I've been on this board since the beginning (2003) and for the most part people are pretty helpful and useful and respectful... well most people anyways.

Kevin

[quote name='slidecage']can those UFC codes be used more then once (The 10 off an order)

i had a few codes and cant remember what ones i used (i thought i deleted the emails when i used the coupons) Well i got one coupon on one emal that i though i used for FF 4 lights ... went in an placed an order and the coupon worked again

but not sure if i already used it or not...if they quote 22.09 for a game shipped can they turn around later and say coupon was used 2 weeks back and charge 30+ tax after the game shipps[/QUOTE]

Interesting called up and was told that the UFC code can be used on 3 limits so maybe you can place 3 orders of 1 item 3 times and get 10 buck off each item

I am not bitter, I just think it is silly to call a thread dead when there are daily posts within. Obviously the community does not think it is dead, so why come in and pronounce it such?

werid i just placed an order BUT its not showing up in the order history... anyone know how long it takes

also i think gamestop website is #$#$# up cause it allowing you to reuse coupons (unless coupons are not considered used untll the item ships)

EDIT Order now shows up but its allowing me to reuse the coupon

Picked up

Z.H.P. UNLOSING RANGER VS. DA - PSP for 19.99 after coupon------ 21.40 after tax

can place another order using that same code and it takes 10 off another game (did not order it though)

[quote name='ackbar7']I am not bitter, I just think it is silly to call a thread dead when there are daily posts within. Obviously the community does not think it is dead, so why come in and pronounce it such?[/QUOTE]

QFT. If anything, threads like these reward actual members of the community, and keep lurkers from killing or taking all the good deals.

[quote name='ackbar7']Not at all. I hate CAGs who show up in threads expecting info to just be handed to them. If they don't like it that the OP hasn't been updated in 2 months they can start their own thread. If they don't though, they should just keep their mouth shut, as all they are doing is asking other people to do the work for them. There are many threads that are alive and well that have no regularly updated OP.[/QUOTE]

You know the whole point of this site is for someone else to do the work, right? If we just hunted deals down on our own there would be no need to come here. Dead OP's should be purged in a timely manner to keep the board clean, not kept around for people to chat on..........IMHO...........and then there would be room for the people complaining about the lack of updates to start a new thread!

If any good codes pop up, it's pretty much a lock that someone will start another thread about them or cheapy will post it on the front page and/or have a banner advertising it. I did like this thread though, as it consolidated everything into one.

[quote name='LackeyZero']
  • 15% off + Free Shipping on In-Stock Games $29.99+ Coupon Code: 15SHIP (Exp 10/31)
  • 15% off In-Stock PC Games Coupon Code: 15PC (Exp 10/31)
Copy and paste from http://www.techbargains.com/catsearch.cfm/1_2_0[/QUOTE]

Thanks man! Used this and got bioshock 1 + 2 new for $34 shipped. I had $30 in credit so only $4 out of pocket. It seems that if your order total is over 29.99 then it works because they were both $19.99 each.

[quote name='Fonz72']You know the whole point of this site is for someone else to do the work, right? If we just hunted deals down on our own there would be no need to come here. Dead OP's should be purged in a timely manner to keep the board clean, not kept around for people to chat on..........IMHO...........and then there would be room for the people complaining about the lack of updates to start a new thread![/QUOTE]

Wait so how does this site function? If everyone waited for someone else to do the work this site would never get updated. This entire site runs off of the generosity of its users. Nobody that find a deal has to actually put it up here. So in my eyes an updated OP is more of a bonus than anything.

Like it has been said before though. Make a new thread if it is so bothersome that the OP isn't being updated. But I guess you wouldn't want to do that yourself because that would be "work". And what is the point of coming to someone else's website if you have to do work on it... But complaining.... that anyone can do.

:applause::applause::applause:x infinity

[quote name='Fonz72']You know the whole point of this site is for someone else to do the work, right? If we just hunted deals down on our own there would be no need to come here. Dead OP's should be purged in a timely manner to keep the board clean, not kept around for people to chat on..........IMHO...........and then there would be room for the people complaining about the lack of updates to start a new thread![/QUOTE]
This forum is about being a community(albeit a dysfunctional one at times) and the whole point of a community is to share to be willing to help one another.

If all you're here for is to take a deal while letting everyone else do all the work of finding it, posting it and then explaining any loopholes/glitches in full detail, then you can get lost since we don't need anymore lurkers on here.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:applause::applause::applause:x infinity

This forum is about being a community(albeit a dysfunctional one at times) and the whole point of a community is to share to be willing to help one another.

If all you're here for is to take a deal while letting everyone else do all the work of finding it, posting it and then explaining any loopholes/glitches in full detail, then you can get lost since we don't need anymore lurkers on here.[/QUOTE]

I don't just lurk - look up my posts. I am not the first one to find many deals so I don't repost, but the ones I do find I have started a thread for. I have only been here for a couple weeks, but I think I have done more than lurk in that time. I pissed you off right? I just think that the board gets cluttered if you have a post full of dead links or deals. Lets say I find a post from a year ago about a sale at Best buy and bump it to the front with an update about a sale this week, that would be pretty lame right? A little house cleaning is not a bad thing! Also how is streamlining the board explaining a loophole/glitch in full detail? BTW............I joined
The IAmTheCheapestGamer Appreciation Group!

[quote name='Fonz72']I don't just lurk - look up my posts. I am not the first one to find many deals so I don't repost, but the ones I do find I have started a thread for. I have only been here for a couple weeks, but I think I have done more than lurk in that time. I pissed you off right? I just think that the board gets cluttered if you have a post full of dead links or deals. Lets say I find a post from a year ago about a sale at Best buy and bump it to the front with an update about a sale this week, that would be pretty lame right? A little house cleaning is not a bad thing! Also how is streamlining the board explaining a loophole/glitch in full detail?[/QUOTE]

You've been here for a couple of weeks -- the site has done just fine for 7 years. Rather than coming in with a bunch of suggestions, perhaps you should hang out for a bit longer to get a feel for how everything works.

Yes, some posts don't have updated OPs, Big deal, all of the current information can be found with a brief scan of the last two pages.

There's also a huge case for not putting everything in an updated OP -- and making folks do a little work... if everything is nicely organized it's a simple copy/paste onto fatwallet, slickdeals, or any number of the CAG clone sites out there -- which means deals disappear faster for those of us who contribute to the community that is CAG.

[quote name='daminion']You've been here for a couple of weeks -- the site has done just fine for 7 years. Rather than coming in with a bunch of suggestions, perhaps you should hang out for a bit longer to get a feel for how everything works.

Yes, some posts don't have updated OPs, Big deal, all of the current information can be found with a brief scan of the last two pages.

There's also a huge case for not putting everything in an updated OP -- and making folks do a little work... if everything is nicely organized it's a simple copy/paste onto fatwallet, slickdeals, or any number of the CAG clone sites out there -- which means deals disappear faster for those of us who contribute to the community that is CAG.[/QUOTE]

This all started because people in this post jumped all over someone for making a suggestion to start a new OP. When I seconded that opinion I too have been made the NOOBY VILLIAN! Sorry I didn't find out about this site 7 years ago so I would have all this figured out! :bouncy: I guess I have a lot more to learn. What's really funny is I actually scan the OP page and the last 4 or 5 pages on most posts. It doesn't really bother me, I just made a simple suggestion............

anyone get one of those $10 credit codes to stack with 15SHIP ?

have to dig through emails to for the credit codes so if they stack I can use these up for some new titles.

bread's done
Back