GameStop.com MLB 2k10 Download $3 Opening Day Only (April 5th)

Anyone have experience with Gamestop's download service? What if our PC crashes and we have to re-format?

Steam seems to be the best system for digital downloads at the moment....just curious how Gamestop's works if anyone has prior experience.

Thanks!

Is anyone having trouble purchasing the digital copy? I've tried one card twice, and one other card, but I keep getting an error message. My cards are being charged, but no game.

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']Yeah I still have it in my cart for $2.99 it hasnt changed back to $29.99 . Thinking about ordering it but I will NEVER play it lol[/QUOTE]

I made the mistake of backing out to add saver for the free shipping and now i cant get it back in, im thinking about trying for a price match.

[quote name='dkongzoom']Anyone have experience with Gamestop's download service? What if our PC crashes and we have to re-format?

Steam seems to be the best system for digital downloads at the moment....just curious how Gamestop's works if anyone has prior experience.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

You can buy "insurance" that will let you download it again if something happens. The insurance is $3.95 though...lol.

Anyway, I already have The Show 10 but for $3, what the heck.

[quote name='Killbomb']You can buy "insurance" that will let you download it again if something happens. The insurance is $3.95 though...lol.

Anyway, I already have The Show 10 but for $3, what the heck.[/QUOTE]

I saw someone else mention that you had 3 activations. It sounds as if the game can be installed on 3 'different' PCs or ....perhaps 3 different installations of Windows (if you crash and have to reformat 2 times???)

According to the install files one should be able to separate them and put onto 2 single layer dvds. I'll be doing that when I'm done dling it.

whookid, steam won't match it. Not unless 2k is going to run this price on every service. But the way gamestop was advertising it it's probably gamestop only.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']According to the install files one should be able to separate them and put onto 2 single layer dvds. I'll be doing that when I'm done dling it.[/QUOTE]

Even so...I'm curious what their defintion of 'activation' means. You can always save the download files, but if you have to activate the install of the game online everytime you install it, 3 times might be the max (this is something they need to clean up with digital downloading in general)

I just read the email. To me it sounds like you have 3 concurrent installs/activations. Could be 3 times max completely, however for 2.99 I'm willing to let it go. I hardly buy DD elsewhere from steam, so it's usually only on good deals.

whookid, you'll be able to backup on one dual layer, or break up the files into two single layers.

Will paypal $4 for someone to gift it to me. I don't have enough on my debit card to buy it and still have an emergency buffer, and the digital dl service doesn't accept Paypal. :(

I wish they had dedicated ftp for this. 6 hour download ain't what's hot in the streets right now...

Good thing I have to go to sleep now anyways!

In for 1 ... would have to be terribad for me to feel ripped off at this price point.

About to see if it runs on my studio xps laptop

[quote name='strongpimphand']I wish they had dedicated ftp for this. 6 hour download ain't what's hot in the streets right now...

Good thing I have to go to sleep now anyways![/QUOTE]

Mine's 68% complete already at 2.8 MB/sec.

[quote name='UberSwiss']Is anyone having trouble purchasing the digital copy? I've tried one card twice, and one other card, but I keep getting an error message. My cards are being charged, but no game.[/QUOTE]

im having the same problem tried two cards and im getting "There has been an error processing your credit card!"

[quote name='Blazex']im having the same problem tried two cards and im getting "There has been an error processing your credit card!"[/QUOTE]

Same problem here.

No clue if im getting charged though, will def check tommorow.

Wow, I just bought it and got a lot of warnings from ESET Smart Security about potential trymedia adware threats. They're the ones selling the game for gamestop. The run file is signed by real networks, not surprising. Just real networks under a different name. Real is well known for unwanted adware.:bomb:

"This game has 3 licenses available. This means you may install the game on other computers and activate it up to 3 times."

I read that as on the 4th time you install this, your copy will not activate ... as opposed to max 3 concurrent installs.

[quote name='dcm1602']Same problem here.

No clue if im getting charged though, will def check tommorow.[/QUOTE]

Well I'm glad I'm not alone in this. I just had my girlfriend try her card with her own address and she also got an error message. I sent their tech support an e-mail about it, but I doubt I'll get a worthy response.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']25% done here, but my internet sucks. Well it's not too bad, about 6mb down usually.[/QUOTE]

Ha! You think your internet sucks, I'm 2% done and still need 13 hours 45 minutes to finish. :cold: 1.5 mb at most, stupid ATT and their old ass network.

I remember having 500kb down and thinking that was fast, and actually it was fast. Because that was when our cable company first got into internet and not too many in town had it. Also, for a few years they ran the internet no one got charged for it. We had free broadband for a few years. Maybe a trial run? idk, anyway I now feel humbled.

I take it that's all there is in your area too? I mean I live in ND, which is pretty barren. In our town we actually have two different tv/internet places. They're local too, so they compete which gives us better service.

i'm also getting the credit card error message. I just checked my bank account and i now have a few $2.99 charges in pending status. Hopefully this gets cleared up automatically and i can get my download started.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']I remember having 500kb down and thinking that was fast, and actually it was fast. Because that was when our cable company first got into internet and not too many in town had it. Also, for a few years they ran the internet no one got charged for it. We had free broadband for a few years. Maybe a trial run? idk, anyway I now feel humbled.

I take it that's all there is in your area too? I mean I live in ND, which is pretty barren. In our town we actually have two different tv/internet places. They're local too, so they compete which gives us better service.[/QUOTE]

ATT who leases to other providers here refuses to fix or improve the systems here.
So you can only get up to 6 mb download if your like 500 feet from their main CO.
It's crap but what can you do.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']You get a CD key[/QUOTE]

Can you use that key to activate the game on Steam then? Since they sell the game, I'd imagine you could...

MLB 2k10 isn't listed as being able to be activated on steam. The only 2k game you can do that with is nba 2k9 I believe.

I had no problems purchasing this. I also have AT&T and I am lucky to live close to one of their c.o. I get decent d.l. speed but at the moment I have 1% done and have 7 hrs & 15 mins. left. I wish we had FiOS in our area :cry:

Downloaded in under three hours on Uverse internet, installed and burned off a copy for safe keeping. Lets see if it was worth $3 (and two DVDs)

Just installed it and played a bit. Very fun and runs like butter. However way too easy on default. I hit two grand slams in one inning.

Purchase went through without a hitch. Already at 10% downloaded with only about an hour left. Guess I'll have to wait until I get off work to try it. Oh well, for $3 it was worth the chance.

bread's done
Back