GameStop.com MLB 2k10 Download $3 Opening Day Only (April 5th)

I tried the key on Steam. No luck there. Oh, well. I'm happy to pick up the game for $2.99 (and already have the 360 version, which I enjoy greatly.)

Purchase was quick and am now downloading the game. I hope I can back it all up to dvd/external hdd so I don't have to download again. Never used gamestop's digital store.

ok..heads up for those who may care but in the email it says the game is limited to 3 activations.

[quote name='Pratt75']I've gotten credit card errors multiple times on two different cards. WTF!![/QUOTE]

Same here. It's just not working!

FYI folks, I had all kinds of problems getting this transaction to go through at first as well, then I decided to switch my browser to IE from FF and everything then went through just fine, strangely enough. Must be a problem with that trymedia.com site.

In for one, thanks OP! AWESOME deal.

[quote name='cusoman']FYI folks, I had all kinds of problems getting this transaction to go through at first as well, then I decided to switch my browser to IE from FF and everything then went through just fine, strangely enough. Must be a problem with that trymedia.com site.

In for one, thanks OP! AWESOME deal.[/QUOTE]

Still doesn't work for me.

[quote name='cusoman']FYI folks, I had all kinds of problems getting this transaction to go through at first as well, then I decided to switch my browser to IE from FF and everything then went through just fine, strangely enough. Must be a problem with that trymedia.com site.

In for one, thanks OP! AWESOME deal.[/QUOTE]

I just tried and still not working for me. Hopefully they'll get it fixed soon.

[quote name='spree4567']I just tried and still not working for me. Hopefully they'll get it fixed soon.[/QUOTE]

Opera, FF and IE. Same error.

[quote name='cusoman']I only wish this was MLB The Show 10 :([/QUOTE]

THREE. DOLLARS. In 2013, you might get MLB The Show 10 for that much... preowned.

Now if only their damn site would work. I've tried two cards and no dice thus far.

This worked perfectly for me (no errors) on my first try. Every one putting their information in multiple times would be wise to check their card balance.

I have this DLing while I'm at work. It would have been just an hour but I only had 10 minutes before I left this morning. FYI the PC version was rated better then the console versions on IGN. $3 for a 7.2 game is an easy decision for any one who wanted a new baseball game. This will be the fist one for me in five years.

[quote name='FOOTE']This worked perfectly for me (no errors) on my first try. Every one putting their information in multiple times would be wise to check their card balance.[/QUOTE]

Absolute worst case scenario, their temporary balance might reflect multiple purchases, but they won't get charged for multiple orders.

No problems paying for the game with my cc. Download took about 3.5 hours and it's installing as I right this up. Thanks OP. Great deal.

Great deal! I'm going to flip at Wal-Mart because they don't check the original place of purchase!!1

You didn't take me seriously, did you? ;)

[quote name='stewie75']hmmm... no dice for macs? fuckers.[/QUOTE]

Yes, this is the first major deal like this has been PC only. No I meant to say like the millionth. :roll:

No luck for me last night. Still no luck for me today. I've tried two different cards. I've also tried it with Firefox and IE. One of my cards has two pending purchases for $2.99. I tried sending an email to support and I got an email back saying that they would have an answer for me within 24 hours.

FF latest version.

Guys post your impression of the game. I was a hardcore show devotee but this game is pretty damn fun. Runs like a greased up.........well I can't finish it :D

Gotta love a recent baseball game with recent rosters for 2.99. Debating if I should goozex my copy of the show, using X to hit, pitch and the face buttons to throw seems horribly boring now. I was getting bored of it before.

i couldnt get to the gamestop site this am so i used the ebgames site to download. try that as an alternate method, it just may work for you

still waiting for the error stuff to be fixed. Any drm invovled? besides the limited activations? Somone earlier mentioned real and adware being involved? I don't want any "extra" hidden goodies if I can get around to buying this game.

Wonder if anyone has tried to back up their install and see if it will re-install yet ?

yall do know that you're really just paying for the license...i'm confident you could just download this off a torrent or sharing site of your pleasure much faster and just input the code given to us

ya know?

I keep getting "There has been an error processing your credit card!" --- using FF 3.5.8 on Ubuntu 9.10. However, my online CC account doesn't show anything posted yet.

Tried this over lunch...no problems.

As a first-time digital downloader, a question to the educated masses. Can you successfully install this to a personal network drive or thumb drive, or does it have to have access to your system folders to work right? I can work with the three licenses, but I just thought I'd ask.

This is frustrating. I have two charges on one card and one on the other. I don't want to try anymore, but I'd really like to get in on this deal.

Keeps saying there's been an error processing my card. Guess I'll give it another go later on. I'm using the newest FF BTW.

[quote name='knee']This is frustrating. I have two charges on one card and one on the other. I don't want to try anymore, but I'd really like to get in on this deal.[/QUOTE]

Two failures and no charges (yet) on my Visa.

I'm wondering for the guys that are getting errors, are you guys trying debit / bank cards? I also tried a prepaid debit. No Dice

I got 6 charges I have to dispute :(

*First Post BTW

Thanks OP.

How does the Gamestop game downloads work? Can I buy it and come back later and download it or is it a one time chance to download?

Edit: nevermind, found my answer. Going to take forever to download tho.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same credit card issues here. Tried FF and IE, tried a Mastercard, a Visa and a debit card. Just seems to be broken. Bummer, but I'll keep trying.

Oh, and Go Phillies!

bread's done
Back