GameStop Deal of the Day - Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery 2-Pack $14.99

mossfan563

CAGiversary!
Feedback
59 (100%)
I'm sorta surprised I haven't seen a thread about this.
Probably because some of the deals have been meh.

NOTE: These deals are ONLINE ONLY. Can't be redeemed in-store. YMMV if it can.

GameStop Main Deals Page

Today's Deal:

:360: Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery 2-Pack $14.99

Will try to update this every morning before I go to work.
However, after 12/15 I won't be able to. Therefore, I wikified it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or you can just get an Astro Mixamp and leave the A30's behind.

Instead you can buy really quality headphones for the same price and just attach a snap on mic if you want to chat in games.

[quote name='Seraphinianus']last time i checked, we're allowed to talk about the value of the deals on this site. Nobody cares if you want to wear Beats, just be aware they're overpriced and they're pretty far out of style.[/QUOTE]

Any other style tips?

[quote name='henry00x']dont waste your $$ on beats , do yourself a favor buy a pair of Audio Technica ATH M50's instead, they go for $100 on amazon and sound better, thank me later[/QUOTE]

YES!!!

I use these as DJ headphones and they sound brilliant! And they're hella cheap too, and look simple but sexy.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']On the topic of headphones... can anyone recommend any good in-ear buds? Just want them for everyday use, but wanted a good sounding pair that would last me a long time and are comfortable to wear.[/QUOTE]

Anything by V-Moda. Trust. Hella underrated but totally worth it. Can find them at Radioshack or Amazon where they frequently go on sale. I've been using V-Moda for over 6 years I think and have only purchased two earphones. The first one I had was BassFreq, which I think it discontinued but now I have the all-metal Remix. Totes worth it.

EDIT: Klipsch S4 sound great too. Anything by Shure as well.

V-moda has pretty overbearing bass. But their build quality is unmatched.

If you want something that will last a while, V-moda is perfect.

[quote name='Ralph444']V-moda has pretty overbearing bass. But their build quality is unmatched.

If you want something that will last a while, V-moda is perfect.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, 6 years, and haven't been happier.

..unless you're in the back ass of Mississippi

I live in MS. No one wears Beats around here. There are rednecks, but it's not ass backwards, so get over yourself, newbie

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']On the topic of headphones... can anyone recommend any good in-ear buds? Just want them for everyday use, but wanted a good sounding pair that would last me a long time and are comfortable to wear.[/QUOTE]

It all depends on your price range and the type of music you listen to.
For about $30 the Sony MH1C is great and sound better than anything Beats has right now.
If you want to go higher up the Vsonic GR07 is awesome.
Other to consider is Shure SE215 or Sennheiser IE8, there's too many to list

As for Beats headphones, if you go into any real audio forum they will tell you Beats are a Joke.
Only kids with no experience , and would rather have a fashion accessory to look cool buys Beats.
It's kinda sad to see so many CAG so uneducated about headphones.

[quote name='ProppaT']Yup, as has been stated, Beats are junk. For the price, you can get MUCH better headphones.

Seeing that this is a gaming site, if you're looking for affordable gaming headphones I highly recommend Audio Technica ath-ad700. You can usually find them in the $79-99 range (they periodically go on and off of sale). The spatials/soundstage is unmatched by anything else in the price range, which is fantastic for FPS games. The headphones lack a bit in the bass department, but everything else about them sing. For music, they're best for classical, acoustic, classic rock, and power pop. The soundstage is good enough to close you eyes and tell instrument placement in music and tell where enemies are coming from in games.[/QUOTE]

I can vouch for audio technicas. Can't recommend them enough. Though I think I have one step up from the model you listed (maybe not, I'd have to look to see what I have. Insanely comfortable too with the wing things out has on your head

[quote name='Ralph444']V-moda has pretty overbearing bass. But their build quality is unmatched.

If you want something that will last a while, V-moda is perfect.[/QUOTE]

V-Moda headphones were the ones I'd seen returned the most for blown speakers when I worked retail, even a pair I had broke after 2 months. Unless they've changed in the last two years.

Get some Audio Technica or Sennheiser headphones. I wouldn't waste my money on junk like Beats.

If you can find some skullcandy "riot" model, buy them. They are cheap and sound great.

Definitely recommend that people who are thinking about getting this go to a nearby target and try them out first. Then try basically any of the other headphones they have to sample. I can almost guarantee you will not like how the Beats sound in comparison.

One thing I"d like to point out. -i think we all are blinded by "bass" in music at first. But really, when you get some of these better headphones available-you'll soon realize how much you're really missing if you only go for BASS (i.e. like beats). I have some bass heavy IEM's and I really can't use them anymore-it was a thing i was into early on.

[quote name='shadowkast']I can vouch for audio technicas. Can't recommend them enough. Though I think I have one step up from the model you listed (maybe not, I'd have to look to see what I have. Insanely comfortable too with the wing things out has on your head[/QUOTE]

I love the wings on these headphones, it allows you to adjust the cans properly for your ear canals and have them stay in place.

One note on the Audio Technica ath-ad700s, though. They're open air headphones, so if you crank it up people are going to hear your music/game/whatever. If this isn't an issue, open air headphones will always be better for gaming as that's a large part of what gives them an extended soundstage.

[quote name='Demontooth']Any other style tips?[/QUOTE]

Nah, nothing relevant to thread, at least.

maybe there's a general rule that if gamestop is selling it, it'll make you look like a tool?

[quote name='Seraphinianus']Nah, nothing relevant to thread, at least.

maybe there's a general rule that if gamestop is selling it, it'll make you look like a tool?[/QUOTE]

Look like a tool ? Yea you wish lmao. Im rocking these things good my friend. Get a black pair of these sexy headphones and they go with anything you wear. Wether they are from Gamestop or not :D. I think new users on here just hate on Gamestop to try to look cool lol

Oh and I got my price ajustment today :D

We hate on them because buying Beats is a waste of money when you can literally get the same or even better product for much, much cheaper. You're paying a premium for the brand name and that's it.

[quote name='Tsel']We hate on them because buying Beats is a waste of money when you can literally get the same or even better product for much, much cheaper. You're paying a premium for the brand name and that's it.[/QUOTE]

Well its a good thing that gamestops trade in promos and my flipping expertise made me get my pair for only half as much in cash out of my pocket huh. No way I would pay 200$ cash for headphones lol :)

[quote name='Tsel']We hate on them because buying Beats is a waste of money when you can literally get the same or even better product for much, much cheaper. You're paying a premium for the brand name and that's it.[/QUOTE]

Geez you can say this about anything brand name clothes, luxury cars, high end electronics, fancy watches. The biggest lames and tools aren't the people buying or wearing beats, it's the people who spend tine complaining about beats products and the people wearing them. Seriously, get over it and get a life. It's one person money, they can buy whatever makes them happy.

[quote name='ProppaT']I love the wings on these headphones, it allows you to adjust the cans properly for your ear canals and have them stay in place.

One note on the Audio Technica ath-ad700s, though. They're open air headphones, so if you crank it up people are going to hear your music/game/whatever. If this isn't an issue, open air headphones will always be better for gaming as that's a large part of what gives them an extended soundstage.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have the a700 closed ear models. best $130 I've spent

[quote name='shadowkast']Yeah, I have the a700 closed ear models. best $130 I've spent[/QUOTE]

Even my Audio-Technica ATH-M30's I got on Amazon for $38 are better than Beats.

[quote name='finstersucks']Geez you can say this about anything brand name clothes, luxury cars, high end electronics, fancy watches. The biggest lames and tools aren't the people buying or wearing beats, it's the people who spend tine complaining about beats products and the people wearing them. Seriously, get over it and get a life. It's one person money, they can buy whatever makes them happy.[/QUOTE]

Except this isn't like luxury cars. Luxury cars usually have great performance in the form of high horsepower or torque which is measurable and inarguable. If you go and look at tests and reviews for the Beats, you will see that they are measurably worse than headphones that aren't even half the price.

That said, of course people can spend their money on whatever they want. While there definitely are haters in here, I think most people just want to help people make an informed purchase. I'm sure many people who were considering purchasing these had no idea that they actually perform horribly.

[quote name='finstersucks']Geez you can say this about anything brand name clothes, luxury cars, high end electronics, fancy watches. The biggest lames and tools aren't the people buying or wearing beats, it's the people who spend tine complaining about beats products and the people wearing them. Seriously, get over it and get a life. It's one person money, they can buy whatever makes them happy.[/QUOTE]

And here you are, complaining about people complaining. We're on CAG. You expect people to not hate on those who buy Beats headphones? It goes against pretty much everything CAG stands for.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Look like a tool ? Yea you wish lmao. Im rocking these things good my friend. Get a black pair of these sexy headphones and they go with anything you wear. Wether they are from Gamestop or not :D. I think new users on here just hate on Gamestop to try to look cool lol

Oh and I got my price ajustment today :D[/QUOTE]
You are correct, they are nothing more than a fashion accessory little kids wear around their necks to look cool. It's not a real headphone.

It's called informing the noobs and uneducated. CAGs don't let CAGs waste money on garbage.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Look like a tool ? Yea you wish lmao. Im rocking these things good my friend. Get a black pair of these sexy headphones and they go with anything you wear. Wether they are from Gamestop or not :D. I think new users on here just hate on Gamestop to try to look cool lol

well, at least you didn't get the lipstick red or orange ones. those are the worst :)

Gamestop will give you $40 for a 3DS. Gamestop is scum, plain and simple. Any sensible person should "hate on" them. The only creatures who should like them are their employees and stockholders, and they don't count. Because they aren't people.

All beats are the most uncomfortable headphones and earbuds I have ever had the chance to demo, wear for a day. I can't keep them on for more than about 5-10 minutes without my head hurting or ears hurting. They sound like cheap name brand cans to me honestly. If you want or are looking for legit difference in sound quality, look at the MDR-7506 on the low end (these are the cans used by ALL and i seriously mean it, all, the people mastering your audio DVD, Blu-ray, and CDs. Other wise, if you want real high end, look at the upper end name brands like Sony, Sennheiser (if you want open), Denon, Audio Technica, etc and so forth.

Agreed.

It's one thing to hate the product and inform folks of a better option, it's another thing to insult folks. You hate Beats and you hate Gamestop, we get it.

[quote name='Zolor23']Oh...PM to BB for $20 each, basically two free NBA Baller Beats....[/QUOTE]

They trade in for 25¢ at BB according to trade in app.

I'm pretty amazed that NBA Baller Beats ever got out of the proposal phase. I mean who could possibly think that there would be a large enough audience with a workable setup existing for this thing? Pretty amazing. Which isn't to say the game wouldn't be fun, but where this belongs is at an arcade, not in anyone's living room.

[quote name='crunchewy']I'm pretty amazed that NBA Baller Beats ever got out of the proposal phase. I mean who could possibly think that there would be a large enough audience with a workable setup existing for this thing? Pretty amazing. Which isn't to say the game wouldn't be fun, but where this belongs is at an arcade, not in anyone's living room.[/QUOTE]

with the track record of the studio who made this game im shocked they havent gone under yet lmao

[quote name='strait edge follower']with the track record of the studio who made this game im shocked they havent gone under yet lmao[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure they went down this year.

edit: found it
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HB_Studios
At the end of July 2012 HB Studios closed their satellite studio after 5 years of operation. The last games developed by it were NBA Baller Beats for Kinect and Medal Bound on iOS.

[quote name='Wario64']Is it confirmed in store don't have these deals? It doesn't say online only on the site[/QUOTE]

The banner above baller beats says "Today's Daily Deal online only"

I know it has been mentioned by others, but if I try to place an order on the website and it kicks back that address doesn't match language error, I'm banned from online ordering right?

Must admit I'm tempted by NBB because I'm sure it is fun and that is cheap, and you get a basketball, but I really don't think my wife is going to appreciate me bouncing a basketball in the living room. And I'm pretty sure when the ball goes astray and smashes into a lamp, that I won't appreciate it either. :lol:

[quote name='crunchewy']Must admit I'm tempted by NBB because I'm sure it is fun and that is cheap, and you get a basketball, but I really don't think my wife is going to appreciate me bouncing a basketball in the living room. And I'm pretty sure when the ball goes astray and smashes into a lamp, that I won't appreciate it either. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Just hook up your xbox 360 and kinect to your backup/bedroom TV in the garage, maybe temporarily on top of your chest freezer/table saw and you are good to go.

Doh! Just got Baller Beats for $25 shipped from Amazon. Well, well worth it. Had a chance to play two songs, and loved it. It's going to get very challenging at the higher levels. Great fun. Reminds me that videogames are about enjoyment, not just engrossing stories and big explosions.

bread's done
Back