Gamestop/EB April FSI Sale 4/2-4/9 (B2G1 FREE, Free Games, Price Drops etc)

tenzor

CAGiversary!
Two Day Sale 4/2-4/4
-Get Fable Lost Chapters (XB) or Conker (XB) FREE when you purchase the following:
Call of Duty Big Red One XB $39.99
*The Incredibles 2 XB $29.99
*Sonic Riders XB $39.99
*Winning Eleven Soccer 9 XB $39.99

4/2 - 4/9
-Free Spongbob Squarepants the Movie GBA game when you purchase TWO of the following:
Spongbob Squarepants Lights Camera Action GBA $29.99
*Zoo Tycoon DS $29.99
*Spongbob Squarepants yellow avenger DS $29.99
*Nicktoon Unite DS $29.99

-Sale $9.99 (regular price $14.99-$19.99)
Sonic Heroes PC
*Madagascar PS2/GC
*Shrek 2 PS2/GC
*Call of Duty Finest Hour PS2/GC
*XBOX 360 Skins for console (selected ones)

-
Sale $14.99 (regular price $19.99)
Bratz GBA
*Sonic Gem Collection GC
*Sonic Heroes PS2
*Sonic Mega Collection GC
*Sonic Mega Collection Plus PS2
*Virtua Tennis PSP
*GTA San Andreas PS2/XB

-Sale $19.99 (regular price $29.99-$39.99)
*Chronicles of Narnia PS2/XB/GC
*City of Villans PC
*Crash Tag Team Racing PSP/PS2/GC
*Yoshi Island GBA
*True Crime NYC XB
*Super Mario Advance GBA
*PSP Mobile Pro Bundle Accessory Pack

-Sale $29.99 (regular price $34.99-$49.99)
*24 The Game PS2
*DBZ Tenkaichi PS2
*F.E.A.R. PC
*Ice Age 2 PS2/XB/GC
*Marc Eckos Getting Up PS2
*Quake IV PC
*Sonic Riders PS2/GC
*Shadow The Hedgehog PS2

-Save $20.00 when you purchase any 2 Activision 360 Game on the same receipt
*Tony Hawk American Wasteland
*Quake 4
*Gun
*Call of Duty 2

-Condemned Criminal Orgins XB360 - $49.99

-Save $80.00 on a XBOX 360 system when you trade in a complete original XBOX system.

-Free Katamari Zipper Pouch
w/purchase of Me and My Katamari (while supplies last)

-Free Dynasty Warriors Empires Art Book
w/purchase of 360 Dynasty Warriors Empires ($39.99)

-Get a new XBOX 360 Game for free when you trade in two XBOX 360 games.

-Free select GAMECUBE players choice game with a purchase of a new Gamecube hardware system

-FREE USED GAME when you purchase 2 used games (Buy 2 Get 1 Free)
*Lowest price or equal value game will be the free one

-FREE USED DVD when you purchase 2 used dvds (Buy 2 Get 1 Free)
Lowest price or equal value dvd will be the free one

-EXTRA 10% trade in credit when you apply trade credit towards a pre-order of any game not out.

Co-worker and I needed to pick up some GBA games for another co-worker's kids birthday-party, he bought Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga and I bought him Crazy Taxi, and I scored a Coded Arms for PSP out of the deal.

please excuse my stupidity, but is the B2G1 free sale internet only, or is it good in the B&M gamestops/ebs?

I hate the condition of some of these stores. Took a quick look around 2 stores, and I just couldn't find a third game worth having for the 'get 1 free' part. The games just don't have the correct stickers (used vs. new), or are in some serious need of alphabetizing. Add the poor condition of the actual games (no manuals, cd only, heavily scratched), and it's a lot more difficult than it should be to take advantage of this deal.

[quote name='dragonjud']I hate the condition of some of these stores. Took a quick look around 2 stores, and I just couldn't find a third game worth having for the 'get 1 free' part. The games just don't have the correct stickers (used vs. new), or are in some serious need of alphabetizing. Add the poor condition of the actual games (no manuals, cd only, heavily scratched), and it's a lot more difficult than it should be to take advantage of this deal.[/QUOTE]

You just been to bad stores.Even with the wrong stickers you can point out the mistake to the employee and ask them fix it.Example is shadow hearts convent label with a shadow 1 price tag on it.On the alphabetizing it varies between stores and customers always make a big mess.Most of the stores I went have alphabetizing games.In condtion it is expected to have no manual,cd only or heavily scratched due people who trade them in.So far,most of the 30+ game and 15 different stores I went during the sale came out in mint-near mint condition or excellent condtion with few light scratches.

The third game is very easy to pick.Just pick up a rare game like World of Outlaws,Marvel vs Capcom 2,Dukes of Hazzard,Mc Groovz,Futrama and just ebay it.This way it turns more like a buy 1 get 1 free deal.

Yeah, if you see a game online at one price, but different in the store, just ask them to check the price. It does happen from time to time that they don't update the price drop in the store. I've seen a couple of DVDs with the wrong price sticker on them too.

However, I have to admit that I'm sorta suprised by HOW MANY games for XBOX/PS2/GC (i.e. newer systems) don't have manuals, cases, etc. Exactly how bad does a person have to treat their games to lose everything but the game?...lol.

Oh, BTW: If there is a game on the shelf without a case/instructions/etc., be sure to ask the clerk if they have a complete copy. Sometimes they get a complete one in but don't put it on the shelf since there is already one with a price sticker out. I've found a few complete games this way behind the counter that were incomplete on the shelf.

i got some good stuff today...

burnout revenge 360
condemned 360
COD2 360
tales of legendia
wild arms 4
shining force neo

i traded in a bunch of fodder i've been holding onto, plus i had an extra 10% off coupon through the email, plus the 10% discount card which also gives you an extra 10% on trade ins.

i wound up spending about $80.

not bad.

they had some pretty recent titles used too that i might go back for.

I just noticed that Sonic Gems Collection is $15 on Gamestop's website, does this mean that the sale on this game is really a pricedrop? Sorry if this has been already discussed.

Went to another Gamestop closer to my house. Picked up:

All 360:
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter - $54.99
Need for Speed Most Wanted - $54.99
Perfect Dark Zero - $39.99 (free)

Used my Gamestop card plus 10% off from an email and everything was around $97. They had a very weak selection of 360 games except for GR and Oblivion (too bad I already have it though).

can anyone else confirm that you can buy 1 game from one GS or EB and go to another EB or GS and buy 2 games and still get the deal?

[quote name='swetooth9']can anyone else confirm that you can buy 1 game from one GS or EB and go to another EB or GS and buy 2 games and still get the deal?[/quote]that's slightly YMMV. strickly speaking you can do it, but some GS/EB managers will give you a hard time about it.

I just wish GS took EB credit already... I forgot I had $20 sitting on a gift card when I bought my games a couple days ago, and I'm planning on picking up Cubivore and Zelda CE x 2 (they have 4+ copies according to the store locator, so I'm hoping at least two of them are in good shape so I can eBay one) at GS.

[quote name='banpeikun']that's slightly YMMV. strickly speaking you can do it, but some GS/EB managers will give you a hard time about it.[/quote]

any idea how you would approach something like this?

[quote name='swetooth9']any idea how you would approach something like this?[/QUOTE]
Bring your receipt(s). They don't need the games to do a return, so just tell them you'd like to rebuy your games for the B2G1F. They'll do a return of the one or two games on your receipt, then ring them up again with the game or two that you buy in the store. The YMMV issue will be if the manager says you can't do this. So I advise calling ahead to make sure it won't be an issue.

picked up a complete like new used copy of Devil saga 2 at EB today. Ahh if only I bought it along with Metal Gear acid I bought on a seperate transaction yesterday oh well....

[quote name='botticus']Bring your receipt(s). They don't need the games to do a return, so just tell them you'd like to rebuy your games for the B2G1F. They'll do a return of the one or two games on your receipt, then ring them up again with the game or two that you buy in the store. The YMMV issue will be if the manager says you can't do this. So I advise calling ahead to make sure it won't be an issue.[/quote]
sounds good, thanks...didnt know that eb/gs took returns on used games in different stores (i thought it had to be at the same exact location)

thanks

[quote name='botticus']Bring your receipt(s). They don't need the games to do a return, so just tell them you'd like to rebuy your games for the B2G1F. They'll do a return of the one or two games on your receipt, then ring them up again with the game or two that you buy in the store. The YMMV issue will be if the manager says you can't do this. So I advise calling ahead to make sure it won't be an issue.[/QUOTE]

Yea... I was able to do it today, but the manager there (who is a friend) says it looks better for the store if you get the credit back and decide to spend it on something else in the store, rather then getting a complete refund.

Being a nice guy, and appreciative that he even let me return three games to do the buy 2 get 1 free, took my $40 and preordered Tomb Raider for the PC in full.

[quote name='Roufuss']Yea... I was able to do it today, but the manager there (who is a friend) says it looks better for the store if you get the credit back and decide to spend it on something else in the store, rather then getting a complete refund.

Being a nice guy, and appreciative that he even let me return three games to do the buy 2 get 1 free, took my $40 and preordered Tomb Raider for the PC in full.[/quote]

wait...you were able to do a b2g1 free with the "return" but what do you mean by spending it on something else in the store (arent you rebuying your game that you brought there?)

i dont think i fully understand this process :) explain please :D

[quote name='swetooth9']wait...you were able to do a b2g1 free with the "return" but what do you mean by spending it on something else in the store (arent you rebuying your game that you brought there?)

i dont think i fully understand this process :) explain please :D[/QUOTE]

I bought three games before the sale started. I paid $45 + $45 + $40. I had a friend who was going to do what botticus said: ring up the whole sale again, and credit me back the $40 for the game that was supposed to be free. He didn't charge me for the entire three games again, just took out the free one.

However, instead of putting the $40 back on my credit card, he explained to me that it would look better for the store and him if I were to use that $40 in credit I'd get back to get something else in the store. He's not the type to just lie to me, he usually hooks me up with a ton of stuff, so I figured I wouldn't be an ass and took the $40 I got back and preordered a game with it.

I was grateful, since other Gamestop's told me they wouldn't refund it back at all if I wanted to do that.

[quote name='Roufuss']
However, instead of putting the $40 back on my credit card, he explained to me that it would look better for the store and him if I were to use that $40 in credit I'd get back to get something else in the store. He's not the type to just lie to me, he usually hooks me up with a ton of stuff, so I figured I wouldn't be an ass and took the $40 I got back and preordered a game with it.
[/QUOTE]
I would imagine that makes it look like an exchange, rather than a return, which stores tend to hate.

just got Gitaroo Man, Rez and Cubivore from the same store...the employees couldn't find Rez (it was still in the box that just came in) and kept telling me they don't have it....I asked one of them nicely to go to the back and check the boxes and he found one! =D (both guys working there was like what the hell is Rez...what kind of game is it? they both have never heard of it)

just tried Gitaroo Man and i love it. Rez is weird, but i like the techno music so it's good. havent tried cubivore yet but i'm sure i'll like it too since I'm into all the asian weird games

[quote name='Roufuss']I bought three games before the sale started. I paid $45 + $45 + $40. I had a friend who was going to do what botticus said: ring up the whole sale again, and credit me back the $40 for the game that was supposed to be free. He didn't charge me for the entire three games again, just took out the free one.

I was grateful, since other Gamestop's told me they wouldn't refund it back at all if I wanted to do that.[/quote]
ahhh, i see now...so would i have to do it that way (buy 3 games for full price) and then go and do that?

would it be possible to buy 1 game at one store and 2 games at the other store which is where i would ask to do the whole return-rebuy + i buy something else?

will the sell 2 360 games, get new one free deal be going on past the date of every thing else ending? cause i really want to wait to see if bf2:mc is going to be any good.

I got :
$18 Starwars Knights of the old republic II : Sith lords (this sucker was in such good condition!)
$18 Hack.sign mutation (the first one)
Free ($18)Baiten Kaitos
$8 Tekken Tag
$8 Max payne 2
Free ($5) Deusx invisible war

$54 with tax for 6 games, good deal

Damn aint ordering online from them again. Gave me just some crappy cd game only. When it stated on the site that it comes complete.

Edit: I actually added it on my cart! Damn description doesn't show up until you CLICK the game. Damn misleading! None of their used games come complete anymore.

just tried to play my new Cubivore and....................................it's the wrong game in the case -_- they gave me Custom Robo....ahhhhhhhhh

oh my gosh......they better don't give me trouble when i try to exchange it to the right disc!

used games at ebgames are non refundable so I don't understand how you can just return something you bought before and try going for B2G1 Free? This would be awsome if it works since I purcahsed MG acid and DDS2 from diff EB games.

Hmm... turns out my store does have Ultimate Spider-Man used... now I have to see if I want to try to get them to swap Lost in Blue for it (with some store credit left over), or pass on it. Or go to another store that has Spidey and Lockdown, and find a third game to pick up. Decisions, decisions.

I finally just scored a haul -

Marvel Vs Capcom 2 PS2 - $45
Shadow Hearts: From the New World - $32.50
Wild Arms 4 - Free

I can sell MvC 2 for around $80, making the other two pretty much free. Everything is in complete condition and on hold, I just have to drive up there and snag them.

Here's what I got recently from this sale:
PsOne Harvest Moon: Back to Nature $13 No manual :(
GB Final Fantasy Legend III $13 cart only :(
PsOne Lethal Enforcers 1+2 $12 =free complete :)
All last copies for me in a 20 mile radius! Did I do okay for someone who can't buy/sell on-line?

here's my haul:
megaman x collection (ps2) $24
thief 3 (xbox) $17.99
animal crossing (GC) $0

i was hopin' to score a copy of shadow hearts 1, as the locator said there were copies in my area, but the stores i went to didnt have it. also picked up a copy of sonic gems for myself and madagascar (GC) for the nieces

Scored some more

Metal Gear Twin Snakes 17.99
Metroid Prime 2 Echoes 17.99
Ultimate Spiderman $0

I think Im done buying for awhile, I have way to much to play.

excellent! i finished off my collection of sopranos dvd sets for around $26 (preowned) apiece! i also snagged a used six feet under season 1 for the same price. :)

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']excellent! i finished off my collection of sopranos dvd sets for around $26 (preowned) apiece! i also snagged a used six feet under season 1 for the same price. :)[/quote]

damn i wish the stores around here had sopranos or six feet under. Ive been looking to buy those tv sets for a while, but keep holding back because of the high price.

[quote name='mackaikai']just tried to play my new Cubivore and....................................it's the wrong game in the case -_- they gave me Custom Robo....ahhhhhhhhh

oh my gosh......they better don't give me trouble when i try to exchange it to the right disc![/quote]holy crap, worst deal ever!

[quote name='banpeikun']holy crap, worst deal ever![/quote]

hehe yah, but the lady who's working there is cool and exchanged it for me right away

Was planning on giving GS a lot of money they don't deserve, but they proved why... I was going to pick up Cubivore and Zelda CE x2, but of the 4 Zelda CEs they had, one was disc-only and two had no manual. So that's $80 saved.

Would have (and will, if the B2G1F continues past this weekend) gone to another GS to get Ultimate Spiderman, Lockdown, and Tony Hawk DS, but I found Lockdown at BB for $15, so I'll wait till something else for $17.99 strikes my fancy.

i remember reading that the trade 2 360 games for a new one promotion ends on the 9th on the ad. or is it really going on to about the 11th as stated in previous posts? also, do they take game disc only trade-in for this promotion? :eek:

Scored today -

Marvel Vs Capcom 2 PS2 - $44.99
Shadow Hearts: From the New World - $31.50
Wild Arms 4 - Free

Marvel Vs Capcom 2 PS2 - $44.99
Nintendogs: Best Friends Edition - $24.99
Viewtiful Joe DS - Free (had to pick something)

I had to drive an hour and 1/2 to both stores, but I think I scored an amazing haul.

Does anyone else think that G-Stop makes a TON of money off this sale. Yes they lose the sale on the 3rd game, but they give so little in credit it doesn't make much difference. Overall i would think that they get so many more people purchasing 2 games or 4 instead of just 1 or , i would think that they would be raking in the profits. I really don't understand why they don't do it more often.

I went pretty cheap:

Ghosthunter (PS2)
~$12 (after GS card), best used disc I've gotten in a LONG time, perfect condition. I've played a little bit of it, really fun, like a mix of Ghostbusters and Resident Evil 4 :D

Otogi (Xbox)
~$13 (after GS card), haven't played it, disc in typical used condition.

And the last one was...unexpected, to say the least:

Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1+2 (GCN)
Free, but was priced $8.99...I wish it was the Plus version, but this was a pretty cool find, so I got it anyway. ^_^

bread's done
Back