Gamestop/EB Games Flyer Coupons YMMV

rufio2004nfg

CAGiversary!
Notice: This may need to be in the regional deals section, but I've seen people get away with worse. The flyer is only supposed to work in certain locations in Lake Charles, LA, El Paso, TX, and Plano, TX. But it never hurts to try, especially now that they have been sending a lot of email coupons.

I picked up a copy of the UTEP school newspaper and there was a Gamestop flyer in it with great deals.

1. 50% Extra Trade-in Credit on ALL GAMES

2. $30 Extra Trade-in Credit on Game Systems (excluding Gamecube and Game Boys)

3. $5 Off Any New Game

All offers expire 10/31/07

[quote name='screwkick']50% extra works well. Did it yesterday for 6 360 games.[/quote]

was it scannable or did they enter it in manually?

I used this deal this month and posted in the southeast region thread about my deals that I got.

But to add to my original 329, I got another 248 for more old stuff I found, and traded my launch 360 for a new elite. woooohoo. I have been to both plano stores and they were both ok with it, but the e.parker store employees get the +1 for not being as douchy as I normally get treated by GS employees.

I was successful in using the 50% coupon. I was originally gonna get 40% (10% from EDGE and 30% for pre-ordering Halo 3), but then realized I had a copy of the coupon. So I ended up getting 60% trade in, instead of only 40%. They couldn't scan the coupon, so they had to manually input the extra trade values on one game.

Thanks, OP!

[quote name='xswiftwolf']was it scannable or did they enter it in manually?[/QUOTE]

They entered it manually, but you have to have an edge card I believe.

You should probably sell it on ebay (or here) instead and get more money for it. It might only be like 10-12$ or even less and then they resell it for 59.99!!!

[quote name='MadFlava']So what is the Gameboy SP's trade in Value these days? I've been debating whether to trade it in to get a White DS lite.[/quote]

I don't know the exact figures, but if I remember correctly from the last time I took a trade-in flyer/ pamphlet (looking for coupons) I think I saw an ad listed for trading in your GBA SP to purchase a DS Lite for $99.99. So I guess, they might take it in for ~$30.00.

My Gamestop scanned it, it didn't work but they manually entered it. Heavenly Sword went from $30 to $45. And after that, they gave me an additional 10% which I was happy about so I got $49.50 for a game I got during the Toys R' Us B2G1 Free sale.

wow this is a great deal, too bad some GS aren't allowing it. I would be skeptical to of a 50% trade in deal that the employees don't know about. I'm going to try this with SPM soon.

[quote name='Poolking99']wow this is a great deal, too bad some GS aren't allowing it. I would be skeptical to of a 50% trade in deal that the employees don't know about. I'm going to try this with SPM soon.[/quote]
To be fair, half of the time I bring in coupons that I receive from newsletters, the employees know absolutely nothing about them. If you can get it to work, more power to you.

anyone know what ds lites get in trade in? My hinge is cracked on my launch day unit and I may trade it in to get a new one with this $30 extra credit coupon.

I took one to another GS today and it took the guy AN HOUR AND 20 MINUTES to figure out how to do it. Should I call GS corporate about this?

Gee, I wonder why? Is it because Tampa, Florida ISN'T listed at all in the participating locations?

Complaining would do you no good. Be thankful you even got it to work.

[quote name='Tsukento']Gee, I wonder why? Is it because Tampa, Florida ISN'T listed at all in the participating locations?[/quote]
No shit, but it shouldn't take an hour and a half to use it. He either could told me no or price overrode it.

Well then there you go. You can't call corporate to complain that it took them forever to get an area-specific deal to work in an area it's not assigned to work in just because you wanted to try sneaking past the system.

You knew it wasn't meant to be used in your area. Yes, it may have taken an hour to get an override done, but you still got the deal to go in your favor. You weren't supposed to, but you did.

I just went and traded Mario Strikers and got $49.50
$30 + $15(50% extra credit) + $4.50 (edge card)
then bought Eternal Sonata and got the free faceplate and used 10% off so I paid $4.89 with tax.

Wow, had an amazing trade experience with this. Dealt with a manager, and my store not only took it and entered it manually to give me the 50%, but, since he was already manually overriding things, ALSO let me have the 20% bonus for putting my credit toward Galaxy.

So I traded in:

Mario Sunshine (base $7.00)
Super Smash Bros Melee (base $15.00)
Soul Calibur II (base $2.50)
ExciteTruck (base $16)
Jet Set Radio Future (base $0.75)

and after edge card, 50%, and extra 20%, ended up with $81.68 in credit. I was able to pay off Phantom Hourglass entirely and put $25 each on Galaxy and Brawl.

Nope, mine didn't even take a second glance. He didn't try scanning it, either. He just manually started putting in everything as 50% more once I handed it to him. Makes me wonder if I could write "ANY GAME FREE @ EB GAMES" on a napkin and get the same treatment.

[quote name='garfep']Nope, mine didn't even take a second glance. He didn't try scanning it, either. He just manually started putting in everything as 50% more once I handed it to him. Makes me wonder if I could write "ANY GAME FREE @ EB GAMES" on a napkin and get the same treatment.[/quote]

are you a hot chick?

[quote name='garfep']Nope, mine didn't even take a second glance. He didn't try scanning it, either. He just manually started putting in everything as 50% more once I handed it to him. Makes me wonder if I could write "ANY GAME FREE @ EB GAMES" on a napkin and get the same treatment.[/quote]
lmao I wouldn't doubt it if that works.

Seriously, if I was an employee, I'd do a double take at that whole 50% deal considering most deals done nationwide (not that this is one) usually never go over 30%.

But eh. I'll give this a shot. I have seven games I wanna dump off that I could make over $100 on (total I've paid in all seven: $30).

A GBA:SP goes for $20. I will trade mine in(not the brighter screen version) for $20 + $30 = $50. A new one with the brighter screen sells for $80. I'll end up paying $30. I hope this works.

An Xbox goes for $10 with no serial number. You need cables and a controller.

I remember when a guy was trading one in, but his had no serial #. He was offered $10. I told him I would give him $15. He said give me $20 I said no, he said no.

Thanks for the coupons.

I just got a DS for $76.

I traded in my GBA:SP, since they had the trade in a GBA:SP and get a new DS for $99. Then they added the $30 to my trade in. So I basically got $60 for my SP.

I still want a GBA:SP brighter light though. I'm trying to figure out what I should trade in and use the 50% extra credit coupon.

I got pwned today. Tried to use both the 50% extra credit as well as the $30 extra. Was forced into revealing that it came from an internet website, and, after 30 minutes of waiting, was told it was "fake".

I didn't want to explain what it was exactly, and asked her if she could at least try to enter the coupon code below the barcode. I was refused. Had to settle for the $20 extra deal they've got going on now. And didn't get any bonuses with the games I traded.

Kinda sucks, since these two deals would've netted me around $35 extra.

The $20 extra trade-in credit that they have right now, does it work on the old GBA?

I know the trade in value for a GBA is $7 plus the $20 would be good.

Got the $30 bonus tradein on consoles coupon to work at the store in Englewood/Clayton, OH today. The worker originally read the coupon as 30% not $30, and told us the current $20 deal was better, which confused us, so we had to point out that it wasn't 30%, it was $30. He scanned the coupon, and after checking out and looking at the coupon, it only scanned and gave us a bonus $20.

Went back and pointed it out and after a little bit of a wait, had the transaction voided, and rerung, overriding the $20 to $30.

Got $50 for my xbox after the bonus $30. For the wiki:

Xbox original system: $20

I also traded in a headset and the communicator, which rung up as two items, but I'm not entirely sure which is which here... As it says on the reciept:

Xbox Headset

Unless my eyes are bad, I could swear there was nowhere on the coupon excluding previous gen systems from this deal. Maybe it's on the back of the coupon? I'd grab this and take a PSOne in for credit, lol.

[quote name='ryanflucas']Maybe it's on the back of the coupon? I'd grab this and take a PSOne in for credit, lol.[/quote]

Except they don't take PSOnes for trade in anymore.

As for trade-in deals, they've pretty much excluded Gamecubes & original GBAs from every console trade-in deal they've had or are having right now. Probably because the games are fully BC on newer systems unlike the Xbox & PS2, so no one wants them.

Same here, I'll be giving this a try after work.
They'll either hate me or deny me the cupon because I have an unreal amount of PS2, Gamecube, and PSP games I want to unload. I also wonder if they'll let me use the extra $30 for a console trade in because I have two of them I want to get rid of.

I used it in a store with the District Mgr there today. He told me that if I use to many coupons (this is the 2nd time I used it), he would suspent my GS account. Can they really do this?

Yeah, worked for me.
Even though I only got $20 extra for my console trade-ins instead of $30 (which I did not complain about because it's a sweet deal either way) I managed to snag $505.50 in store credit.

I told you I had a lot of crap...and the look on their faces when I came in was priceless.

Traded my ds lite and got $110. $60+$30(coupon)+$20 bonus right now=$110
I then went back and traded my wifes ds lite in and also got $110. I bought 2 brain age 2 bundles for us. The employee didn't catch I got the $20 when he did a price adjustment for the extra $30. I left extremely happy.

[quote name='hlb96']Traded my ds lite and got $110. $60+$30(coupon)+$20 bonus right now=$110
I then went back and traded my wifes ds lite in and also got $110. I bought 2 brain age 2 bundles for us. The employee didn't catch I got the $20 when he did a price adjustment for the extra $30. I left extremely happy.[/quote]

Wow, just wow.

I got this coupon to work today at a different store after having failed yesterday. Now I kinda wish I didn't trade my stuff in yesterday, as I would've netted an extra $40. And if I had gotten what you did, it would've been an extra $60. And if I used an Edge card that would've added on another $20 (I'm stupid) and thus I would've paid $120 for my 360 instead of $200.

Oh well, you can't exploit everyone all the time. I'll make it up somewhere.

Good ole seller's remorse. Dont you have some time window to change your mind and undo the deal at EB, cause I thought followed pawn shop type laws, or am I completely off?

Has anyone verified the $30 bonus other than cypress in CA?

[quote name='Farny']Wow, just wow.

I got this coupon to work today at a different store after having failed yesterday. Now I kinda wish I didn't trade my stuff in yesterday, as I would've netted an extra $40. And if I had gotten what you did, it would've been an extra $60. And if I used an Edge card that would've added on another $20 (I'm stupid) and thus I would've paid $120 for my 360 instead of $200.

Oh well, you can't exploit everyone all the time. I'll make it up somewhere.[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back