GameStop Game Days! Final Clearance begins 5/3 and lists are in!

bigdaddybruce44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
4/30 Update

The final clearance prices are in. Not quite as good as I hoped, but a few deals to be had. Thanks again to (classified) for the information. If a game is not on this new list, it is going back up to its old price. So, if you want something from the sale, get it now with the coupon.

DS
Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp 9.99
Bella Sara 14.99
Bleach: Dark Souls 12.99
Chicken Shoot 7.99
Digimon World Championship 12.99
Diner Dash 12.99
Dinosaur King 9.99
Fantasy Aquarium 9.99
Guitar Rock Tour 7.99
Journey to the Center of the Earth 14.99
Line Rider 2 7.99
Loony Tunes Duck Amuck 9.99
Matchstick DS (Dreamcatcher) 9.99
National Geographic Panda 12.99
Shrek's Carnival Craze 12.99
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 12.99
Sonic Rush Adventure 12.99
Tom & Jerry 12.99
Touchmaster II 14.99
Word Jong 9.99

PSP
300 March To Glory 9.99
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles 7.99
Chessmaster The Art of Learning 9.99
Crash of the Titans 9.99
Diner Dash 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road 12.99
Dungeons & Dragons Tactics 9.99
Dynasty Warriors Vol 2 12.99
Final Fantasy I 7.99
Final Fantasy II 7.99
Flatout Head On 7.99
Hellboy Science of Evil 7.99
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus 7.99
Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained 7.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Silent Hill Origins 7.99
Sonic Rivals 2 12.99
Test Drive Unlimited 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 9.99
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command 7.99
Warriors of The Lost Empire 9.99
Worms Open Warfare 7.99
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 7.99

Xbox 360
Bee Movie 9.99
Call of Duty 2 12.99
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath 12.99
Crash of the Titans 12.99
Facebreaker 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights 12.99
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade 9.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 12.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground 14.99

Wii
Battle Rage 12.99
Boogie Superstar (Game Only) 7.99
Celebrity Sports Showdown 9.99
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed 12.99
Facebreaker KO Party 9.99
Game Party 9.99
Game Party II 14.99
Godzilla Unleashed 14.99
Iron Man 14.99
Kidz Sports: Crazy Golf 9.99
Manhunt 2 12.99
Mercury Meltdown 9.99
North American Hunting Extravaganza 12.99
Obscure Aftermath 12.99
Ratatouille 12.99
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 24.99
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis 14.99
Sega Bass Fishing 12.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 12.99
Star Trek Conquest 7.99
Top Spin 3 12.99

PS3
Baja 1000: Score International 14.99
Call of Duty 3 14.99
Facebreaker 9.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Imports Nights 12.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99

PS2
Baja 1000: Score International 9.99
Dog Island 3.99
Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Snow Princess 7.99
Friends: The One with All the Trivia 3.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Mortal Kombat Kollection 17.99
MLB Power Pros 3.99
NHRA Countdown to the Championship 3.99
Nitrobike 3.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES 14.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 7.99

PC
Hidden and Dangerous .29
Viva Pinata 7.99

Accessories
Wii Intercooler 3.99
DS Headphones (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Hanna Montana Case (Cokem) 7.99
DS Lite LEGO Star Wars Tin (BDA) 7.99
DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Logitech) 7.99
DS Lite Mario Sleeve (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Duo Game Case 3.99
Wii Sports Pack 8.99
Wii Action Pack 9.99

4/26 Update

I have been informed that final clearance will begin 5/3. I should have information concerning titles and prices around 4/30. Stay tuned.

4/5 Update

Sale is live!
:ps3: PS3
:360: 360
:wii: Wii
:ps2: PS2
:pc: PC
:ds: DS
:psp: PSP - UMD Movies

* Note: Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection is not part of this sale. It was apparently a mistake, one that has not been fixed. It's still listed on the site, but no discount has been applied to it.

4/4 Update

Thanks to (radio edit) for supplying us with the lists and prices. He also confirmed that the free wired 360 guitar promotion IS still valid with the purchase of Guitar Hero Aerosmith!

The lists were previously posted on GameStop.com at the following address. More than likely, when the sale does go live, this is where we will find the pricing.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/gamedays09/

And here is a scan of the 10% off coupon that was in this month's Game Informer. Thanks to xycury! Coupon is in the spoiler.

oqk2yw.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Is this sale for new or used games?
A: New games only. In the past, there have been B2G1 sales on used items associated with Game Days, so keep an eye out for that.

Q: Will all of the games be "gutted" or opened?
A: YMMV. Some stores I have been to basically open everything up and dump it into the bins. Others will only open a few copies and leave the rest behind the counter. If you want a sealed copy, make sure to ask.

Q: Is this in-store or online?
A: Both.

Q: Will the store accept a print-out of the 10% off coupon?
A: YMMV.

Q: Does the coupon work for one item or the whole purchase?
A: It works on all Game Days items bought in a purchase.

Q: Is there going to be a B2G1 on used games and accessories?
A: As previously mentioned, there could possibly be one later, but as of now, nope. There is only a B2G1 on used PS2 games when you buy a new PS2 system.

Last edited by a moderator:
most places will gut their copies, while others will gut a few to put into the bin and have some wrapped copies behind the counter. i believe bigdaddybruce mentioned this earlier.

from last year's sale (in socal), every store i frequented gutted every available copy. i hope this won't be the case over here in the east.

[quote name='J7.']Just like previous years it's up to 50% off. So the games you see could end up being 50% off. Games will most likely be gutted, but depends on each store. These two answers are also in the OP...[/QUOTE]

Huh, so these games are all 50% off or UP TO? I don't think I've been to the sale in the past and why would they gut every copy - do they just keep the cases in a bin? Seems like it'd make more sense to keep one copy of every game in a bin if that's the case (just like they keep one copy of every game out there).

they have to announce more games that this, the email says hundreds of games, the website has maybe 100 listed, and just to really stomp it in...the 360 list sucks

Seems kind of obvious, but thought I would ask. If you bought some of the games today, you could go back during the sale and have them adjusted right?

It is up to 50%. So I'd say it's a pretty fair bet that the newest, most interesting titles will likely be a lot less of a discount. Maybe 20-30% at most.

[quote name='dizz.lee']most places will gut their copies, while others will gut a few to put into the bin and have some wrapped copies behind the counter. i believe bigdaddybruce mentioned this earlier.[/QUOTE]

Question: why do the stores do this? What's the rationale? Why open them?

[quote name='prateeko']Huh, so these games are all 50% off or UP TO? I don't think I've been to the sale in the past and why would they gut every copy - do they just keep the cases in a bin? Seems like it'd make more sense to keep one copy of every game in a bin if that's the case (just like they keep one copy of every game out there).[/quote]

Someone said that they do that in order to make the bins look full. Seems really stupid since there are customers out there who definitely prefer a factory sealed copy.

To anyone who wants to know if they will gut everything:
Generally, and this happened in the last two gamedays sales, the first week or two the employees will NOT gut the games. Whether it's laziness or holding back, they generally will have a sealed copy SOMEWHERE. Whether it's behind the counter or out there, ask them. However, as time goes on, the copies will take space behind the counter, so they will almost all be gutted and put out. If you want a sealed, go in the first day and ask. First week even might be fine. Remember that as long as the product is truly sealed, if you have buyer's remorse, just send it back(though that requires a second trip admittedly).

You folks only willing to get VC at $40 and under make me sad. I can understand you, but your going to completely kill any chance for a VC2. It's got a Fallout 3 level of DLC coming to it in the next few months, there's really no reason not to buy it and I'd bet ten to one that after this, it's gonna be even harder to find at retailers.

And yes, the 360 list is poor. We get it already, do we need 40 more pages of posts filled with it?

For DS and PSP owners, this sale is hawtness tho. I fully intend to stock up on UMD movies. You gotta feel for the GS staff though, the sale starts the same day as the DSi release, so I'll warn you folks right now, don't think your going to be able to wait on any DS games, because ten to one, folks will snap those up with their new DSi's. I know for a fact I will. Next to Black Friday this is gonna be one of their biggest time for DS games, I almost wonder why they aren't attempting to move MORE DS titles, on DSi launch day, they could clear stocks of everything if priced right.

[quote name='Sixtail']And yes, the 360 list is poor. We get it already, do we need 40 more pages of posts filled with it?
[/quote]
Oh well in that case...

The 360 list has nothing worthy of purchase on it.

Just in case some people can't decide that on their own and don't want to read ~15 pages to figure it out.

The only thing that can save this deal for me is if the word of B2G1 is actually true.

[quote name='gunstar808']Seems kind of obvious, but thought I would ask. If you bought some of the games today, you could go back during the sale and have them adjusted right?[/quote]
Not a chance in hell. GameStop has never heard of such a thing that all other retailers have.

[quote name='Sixtail']You folks only willing to get VC at $40 and under make me sad. I can understand you, but your going to completely kill any chance for a VC2.[/quote]
How do you figure that? It's not a used game sale. It's a NEW game sale. The developer and publisher still get their money based off of sales. GameStop profits more from used games.

[quote name='Tsukento']Not a chance in hell. GameStop has never heard of such a thing that all other retailers have.

How do you figure that? It's not a used game sale. It's a NEW game sale. The developer and publisher still get their money based off of sales. GameStop profits more from used games.[/quote]

If they don't buy it.

Also publishers have to sort of 'eat it' when a underpreforming game has to go though a bunch of mark downs or sales to move, I believe.

How do you figure that? It's not a used game sale. It's a NEW game sale. The developer and publisher still get their money based off of sales.

They get their money when the game is sold to the retail store, not after it gets into the consumer's hand. They don't collect money like a tax and give it to the supplier after it's been sold. And I've heard of retail getting rebates to put certain merchandise on sale, but for something like this, I doubt Gamestop is getting anything back from a supplier or publisher. It's usually in the form of a percentage off future shipment or purchases. It's pretty rare in the retail industry to get money back from a supplier after a sale.

I'm sure Gamestop is eating any loss and just trying to recoup some cash and shelf space from these non-moving dogs, not the publisher. They got their money already, they aren't giving it back.

I don't honestly think the game will be marked down by very much. Even if they don't get the right amount of money back, sales numbers speak quite loudly.

Look at how many times Guitar Hero and Rock Band go on sale. Even with that, the sales numbers still say people are buying it.

The list is looking pretty good. The 360 is absolute crap, but the rest is pretty solid. I hope Sonic Rush Adventure is 50% off. That game has been around forever.

im just hoping for a good discount on the metal gear, devil may cry, and resident evil essentials collections...maybe tomb raider 360 too

There are a handful of items I'm interested in if the price is right, but I won't know about the prices for at least another week. Gamestop, I'm disappointed in you yet again. . .

[quote name='bmulligan']They get their money when the game is sold to the retail store, not after it gets into the consumer's hand. They don't collect money like a tax and give it to the supplier after it's been sold. And I've heard of retail getting rebates to put certain merchandise on sale, but for something like this, I doubt Gamestop is getting anything back from a supplier or publisher. It's usually in the form of a percentage off future shipment or purchases. It's pretty rare in the retail industry to get money back from a supplier after a sale.

I'm sure Gamestop is eating any loss and just trying to recoup some cash and shelf space from these non-moving dogs, not the publisher. They got their money already, they aren't giving it back.[/QUOTE]

Actually, for this particular sale, Gamestop typically negotiates with distributors to obtain a selection of games at a significant discount rather than clearing out stock that has been just sitting around. That's why there are titles that show up that haven't been in stock for a long time in some cases. Gamestop also gets significant credits from their distributors on unsold stock, particularly since they are the largest video game retail chain in the world and distributors are eager to maintain their business. While Gamestop may not make a huge margin on this sale, they make up for it in volume and driving people into their stores who may buy other non-sale items.

#1. That list is horrible and Pathetic.

#2. whats up with Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles priced at $49.99???
When it sells for $14.99 at Best Buy along with Resident Evil 4 Edition I should now I just bought it as a gift for my nephew.

#3. At this point I would much prefer the coupon that came out in late 2007 Buy a used Gamecube and get 1 Free used game. Since Twilight Princess is still $39.99

#4. Where the Buy 2 used get 1 Free Coupon???? (this I need)

[quote name='ddrpower']Last year, the coupon applied to everything that applies to the gamedays sale.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately though, that didn’t answer my question.

What I wanted to know is if I were to go up to the checkout with a couple of different items that are on sale as part of the Game Days sale, (Valkyria Chronicles & Metal Gear Solid Collection, for example) would the entire order get the additional 10% off if I use the coupon, or would I only be able to take the 10% discount off of one of those games?

[quote name='doodofdoods']handful of games that I'd buy for the right price. Phantasy Star Portable for $20 sounds good.[/quote]
That'll be $30 if anything.

[quote name='gunstar808']Seems kind of obvious, but thought I would ask. If you bought some of the games today, you could go back during the sale and have them adjusted right?[/QUOTE]

I'd say it depends on the personnel in your store. You could buy the games today, keep them sealed and then try the price adjustment. At worst, you'll have to return the games and make sure you get the correct, full refund back. At best, you can return and immediately rebuy the still sealed games.

I'm lucky enough to know the people at my local GS. I brought them a list of games I wanted sealed copies of come next Sunday. The manager grabbed the stuff he could (no sealed copies of D&D Tactics at the moment) and stashed it in a drawer along with my list.

The 360 got screwed in this sale. Most of that junk was on sale two Black Fridays ago. Seriously, Stuntman?!?!? With the exception of GH:Aerosmith, most of those games have been out for a couple of years.

Those are some really good DS games, no one has any excuse to not buy chrono trigger. FFTA2 tempts me too. Also want Digimon world tournament.

Wow, the list is pretty damn good IMHO. If your store has sealed copies, at least.

Valkyria Chronicles, Chrono Trigger and some of the other DS and PSP RPGs - Phantasy Star Portable, and the PS2 bundles...I think I'll pick up extra copies if they're sealed and sit on them...

It's not a terrible list from my perspective. Price depending this is what I'm going to be watching.

:ds:
Final Fantasy III
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution
Final Fantasy Tactics A2
Exit

:wii:
Mushroom Men: Spore
Sonic and the Black Knight
Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors

:ps3:
Valkyria Chronicles

If you own a PSP, a PS3, and Phantasy Star Portable is discounted to a decent price, you should pick it up for some ad-hoc party online action. Im really surprised they are discounting Chrono Trigger and Valkyria as well...but the ad does say up to 50% off.

[quote name='Hacker Snacker']#1. That list is horrible and Pathetic.

When it sells for $14.99 at Best Buy along with Resident Evil 4 Edition I should now I just bought it as a gift for my nephew.

#3. At this point I would much prefer the coupon that came out in late 2007 Buy a used Gamecube and get 1 Free used game. Since Twilight Princess is still $39.99

#4. Where the Buy 2 used get 1 Free Coupon???? (this I need)[/QUOTE]

Are you a joke account? I can't tell.

[quote name='Hacker Snacker']#1. That list is horrible and Pathetic.

#4. Where the Buy 2 used get 1 Free Coupon???? (this I need)[/QUOTE]

Regarding #1, that is certainly your opinion. I think the list of titles is actually pretty good. But it's all dependent on price of course.

Regarding #2, you are wrong, as a chain Best Buy still sells Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles for $49.99. You either lucked out with a mispriced item or a YMMV clearance at an individual location.

[quote name='The End']Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately though, that didn’t answer my question.

What I wanted to know is if I were to go up to the checkout with a couple of different items that are on sale as part of the Game Days sale, (Valkyria Chronicles & Metal Gear Solid Collection, for example) would the entire order get the additional 10% off if I use the coupon, or would I only be able to take the 10% discount off of one of those games?[/QUOTE]

The 10% off will come off ALL Game Days items in the order. I used it for 7 games in one order last year.

Is there any confirmation of the B2G1 deal?

Also, if a game's "new" price gets reduced for Gamedays, does it's "used" price also drop the same amount during the sale?

Here's to hoping I can stockpile games for summer now...

[quote name='Mongoose07']Is there any confirmation of the B2G1 deal?

Also, if a game's "new" price gets reduced for Gamedays, does it's "used" price also drop the same amount during the sale?

Here's to hoping I can stockpile games for summer now...[/quote]

I don't think used prices will be reflected during the sale as weird as that sounds. I remember last year that a few games in mind were cheaper buying new than buying used (odin sphere is one that comes in mind).

[quote name='kosmos13x']I don't think used prices will be reflected during the sale as weird as that sounds. I remember last year that a few games in mind were cheaper buying new than buying used (odin sphere is one that comes in mind).[/quote]

Is it almost guaranteed that there'll be a b2g1 deal, though?

My Gamestop said there would be no buy 2 get 1 free since they just had one. However we all know how much we can trust what the employees say.

[quote name='Josef']The 10% off will come off ALL Game Days items in the order. I used it for 7 games in one order last year.[/QUOTE]

Great. Thanks for the reply.

Not for nothing, guys, but can we cut out the "the list isn't good" crap? I mean, honestly, if you don't like anything on it, that's fine. But it's pretty apparent by the replies I have seen so far that the majority of CAGs are very interested in some of the games on the list. It's one thing to swing in and say, "Nothing for me." It's another to be like, "This list is pathetic." Let's discuss the deals and issues relating to it to them. If you got problems with GameStop, take it to the shopping discussion board.

And I honestly can't believe a few people are still pointing out that the games are at MSRP. I'm gonna hope and pray that they are joking.

[quote name='tagout']Here's hoping Valkyria Chronicles would get trophies update along with the upcoming DLC contents.[/quote]

I wish I still had the link a dev. from Sega said something along lines of why have trophies when you have the stats in New Game+. Trophies would be cool.

Please buy it if interested, it would be very nice to get a second VC someday.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Not for nothing, guys, but can we cut out the "the list isn't good" crap? I mean, honestly, if you don't like anything on it, that's fine. But it's pretty apparent by the replies I have seen so far that the majority of CAGs are very interested in some of the games on the list. It's one thing to swing in and say, "Nothing for me." It's another to be like, "This list is pathetic." Let's discuss the deals and issues relating to it to them. If you got problems with GameStop, take it to the shopping discussion board.

And I honestly can't believe a few people are still pointing out that the games are at MSRP. I'm gonna hope and pray that they are joking.[/quote]

A Gamestop fanboy? Now I've seen everything that list is a bunch of crap.

bread's done
Back