GameStop Game Days! Final Clearance begins 5/3 and lists are in!

bigdaddybruce44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
4/30 Update

The final clearance prices are in. Not quite as good as I hoped, but a few deals to be had. Thanks again to (classified) for the information. If a game is not on this new list, it is going back up to its old price. So, if you want something from the sale, get it now with the coupon.

DS
Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp 9.99
Bella Sara 14.99
Bleach: Dark Souls 12.99
Chicken Shoot 7.99
Digimon World Championship 12.99
Diner Dash 12.99
Dinosaur King 9.99
Fantasy Aquarium 9.99
Guitar Rock Tour 7.99
Journey to the Center of the Earth 14.99
Line Rider 2 7.99
Loony Tunes Duck Amuck 9.99
Matchstick DS (Dreamcatcher) 9.99
National Geographic Panda 12.99
Shrek's Carnival Craze 12.99
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 12.99
Sonic Rush Adventure 12.99
Tom & Jerry 12.99
Touchmaster II 14.99
Word Jong 9.99

PSP
300 March To Glory 9.99
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles 7.99
Chessmaster The Art of Learning 9.99
Crash of the Titans 9.99
Diner Dash 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road 12.99
Dungeons & Dragons Tactics 9.99
Dynasty Warriors Vol 2 12.99
Final Fantasy I 7.99
Final Fantasy II 7.99
Flatout Head On 7.99
Hellboy Science of Evil 7.99
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus 7.99
Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained 7.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Silent Hill Origins 7.99
Sonic Rivals 2 12.99
Test Drive Unlimited 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 9.99
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command 7.99
Warriors of The Lost Empire 9.99
Worms Open Warfare 7.99
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 7.99

Xbox 360
Bee Movie 9.99
Call of Duty 2 12.99
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath 12.99
Crash of the Titans 12.99
Facebreaker 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights 12.99
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade 9.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 12.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground 14.99

Wii
Battle Rage 12.99
Boogie Superstar (Game Only) 7.99
Celebrity Sports Showdown 9.99
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed 12.99
Facebreaker KO Party 9.99
Game Party 9.99
Game Party II 14.99
Godzilla Unleashed 14.99
Iron Man 14.99
Kidz Sports: Crazy Golf 9.99
Manhunt 2 12.99
Mercury Meltdown 9.99
North American Hunting Extravaganza 12.99
Obscure Aftermath 12.99
Ratatouille 12.99
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 24.99
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis 14.99
Sega Bass Fishing 12.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 12.99
Star Trek Conquest 7.99
Top Spin 3 12.99

PS3
Baja 1000: Score International 14.99
Call of Duty 3 14.99
Facebreaker 9.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Juiced 2: Hot Imports Nights 12.99
Stuntman: Ignition 12.99

PS2
Baja 1000: Score International 9.99
Dog Island 3.99
Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Snow Princess 7.99
Friends: The One with All the Trivia 3.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 9.99
Mortal Kombat Kollection 17.99
MLB Power Pros 3.99
NHRA Countdown to the Championship 3.99
Nitrobike 3.99
Ratatouille 7.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES 14.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 9.99
Speed Racer 7.99

PC
Hidden and Dangerous .29
Viva Pinata 7.99

Accessories
Wii Intercooler 3.99
DS Headphones (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Hanna Montana Case (Cokem) 7.99
DS Lite LEGO Star Wars Tin (BDA) 7.99
DS Lite PlayGear Pocket (Logitech) 7.99
DS Lite Mario Sleeve (BDA) 1.99
DS Lite Duo Game Case 3.99
Wii Sports Pack 8.99
Wii Action Pack 9.99

4/26 Update

I have been informed that final clearance will begin 5/3. I should have information concerning titles and prices around 4/30. Stay tuned.

4/5 Update

Sale is live!
:ps3: PS3
:360: 360
:wii: Wii
:ps2: PS2
:pc: PC
:ds: DS
:psp: PSP - UMD Movies

* Note: Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection is not part of this sale. It was apparently a mistake, one that has not been fixed. It's still listed on the site, but no discount has been applied to it.

4/4 Update

Thanks to (radio edit) for supplying us with the lists and prices. He also confirmed that the free wired 360 guitar promotion IS still valid with the purchase of Guitar Hero Aerosmith!

The lists were previously posted on GameStop.com at the following address. More than likely, when the sale does go live, this is where we will find the pricing.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/gamedays09/

And here is a scan of the 10% off coupon that was in this month's Game Informer. Thanks to xycury! Coupon is in the spoiler.

oqk2yw.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Is this sale for new or used games?
A: New games only. In the past, there have been B2G1 sales on used items associated with Game Days, so keep an eye out for that.

Q: Will all of the games be "gutted" or opened?
A: YMMV. Some stores I have been to basically open everything up and dump it into the bins. Others will only open a few copies and leave the rest behind the counter. If you want a sealed copy, make sure to ask.

Q: Is this in-store or online?
A: Both.

Q: Will the store accept a print-out of the 10% off coupon?
A: YMMV.

Q: Does the coupon work for one item or the whole purchase?
A: It works on all Game Days items bought in a purchase.

Q: Is there going to be a B2G1 on used games and accessories?
A: As previously mentioned, there could possibly be one later, but as of now, nope. There is only a B2G1 on used PS2 games when you buy a new PS2 system.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ryanflucas']I don't see it listed, but the Gamestop I went to was discounting items that are not listed. For example some PC games were 50% off their retail price. Mostly poker games, but I picked up Dirty Dancing the PC game. Made my little cousin practically squee her brains out.[/quote]

Dirty Dancing was part of last years sale...

[quote name='CMoney™']Sorry if this was already asked, but does anyone know when the sale ends?[/quote]
According to the coupon 5-2-09..

Does anyone know if the stores will be restocking any of the Game Days stuff before it ends? The 2 GS stores nearest to me sold out of VC fairly quick. There are a couple more that do have it in stock, but they are way out of my way.

Just called Gamestop online & got my return label printed. They will not ship out my replacement order till they receiving a wrong items. 1st they canceled my ordered with $5 off $60 coupon and shipped out wrong items. They should gimme free $10 or let me keep the wrong items to make me happy, lol :) I wonder how long i waits for my replacement order :(

I ordered VC and PES back the day after the sale went live, and they still havent shipped the games.... I'm slowly getting more bothered by it.

[quote name='me_schnitzel']I ordered VC and PES back the day after the sale went live, and they still havent shipped the games.... I'm slowly getting more bothered by it.[/quote]
I think the sale sucks if you order online. You're better off going to the actual store.

[quote name='NegativeZero']i checked my order status online and my order for VC was cancelled, no email / nothing. So fuck you Gamestop, fuck you indeed.[/QUOTE]
Shit, mine was cancelled too w/o any notification. Thanks Assholes!

[quote name='Sarrasis']Shit, mine was cancelled too w/o any notification. Thanks Assholes![/quote]

Same.

Unfortunately for Valkyria Chronicles I'm about done caring to buy this game from Gamestop. Not that I'm suggesting anything is wrong about the game; just two failed orders later I now feel like waiting and seeing what becomes of this.

Knowing my luck however it will be the wrong move considering how fast the game actually sold out at thirty dollars but we will see I guess.

Took two days after my order for it to actually ship, but apparently I got a shipping upgrade from media mail by using SAVER and my edge card, so it only took a total of 4-5 days from the time the order was placed for it to arrive.

Good times.

[quote name='me_schnitzel']I ordered VC and PES back the day after the sale went live, and they still havent shipped the games.... I'm slowly getting more bothered by it.[/QUOTE]

Was yours back ordered when you placed your order or did you not order at the start of Gamerdays? Mine came within three days...but i ordered within minutes of the online deal going live.

Quick question. If a game days sale game doesn't have a sticker price but is on the shelf (e.g. saw a copy of VC with a 60 dollar tag but no sale sticker), is the sale price still applicable? I would think those would be sealed copies...

Just wondering something here - if you were to take a copy of the GameDays flyer to Best Buy, would they price match VC there? Best Buy seems to have at least 10 copies every time I go, and if GameStop doesn't have any but they'll price match it at BB, I could point some people in that direction.

[quote name='katamaris4ever']Quick question. If a game days sale game doesn't have a sticker price but is on the shelf (e.g. saw a copy of VC with a 60 dollar tag but no sale sticker), is the sale price still applicable? I would think those would be sealed copies...[/quote]

It should be. This is the copy that my store sold me. They went to the PS3 section and pulled down the copy with the NEW stickers on it and stuck the disk in. I was just happy to find it after visiting 3 stores.

[quote name='xjjjay']anybody had success pming valkyria chronicles to best buy or walmart?[/quote]
would also like to know this. i'm not sure if its still in stock at my local GS and i would rather get RZ points for it anyway.

[quote name='SecretAgentHam']would also like to know this. i'm not sure if its still in stock at my local GS and i would rather get RZ points for it anyway.[/QUOTE]

as long as the GS is a local competitor of Best Buy you should not have a problem, I didn't. I simply printed out the page with all the games and printed out the ad that showed the date of the sale so they wouldn't give me crap

Picked Up:

Final Fantasy I 8.99
Final Fantasy II 8.99
GH Aerosmith (with guitar) 9.99

Couldn't get the 10% coupon to stack with Aerosmith and didn't feel like fighting them about it. Letting anybody in Pasadena,CA know that the gamestop in Alhambra just got a fresh stock of x-plorer guitars and a decent amount of aerosmith left.

Funny thing I noticed after looking at the site, they have some games listed higher then they originally were on sale for.

Example of this is Juiced 2 (PS3) at the beginning of the sale it was $14.99 and now its $19.99

Wow just wow.

[quote name='themidnighter23']as long as the GS is a local competitor of Best Buy you should not have a problem, I didn't. I simply printed out the page with all the games and printed out the ad that showed the date of the sale so they wouldn't give me crap[/quote]

thanks, i'll probably just do this when i pick up the Xmen trilogy on blu-ray. papa johns coupon ftw with that one... thanks again.

So my order was finaly sorted out. I ordered FES and VC on Sunday, the site was not on back order or cancelled with VC yet. After waiting forever for it to process i finaly get an email telling me that VC is sold out and I'm SOL.

The Gamestop CS is rather bad. Have been trying to place an order for Namco Museum and Sonic Rush Adventure since my order with the $5 off coupon was canceled 10 days ago, but it still says that the purchase quantity limit has been exceeded. When I sent them a email they directed me to the telephone hotline. But when I tried to order through the phone the CSR told me that I can't use any coupons with the order, not the complimentary $10 coupon they sent me after my order was canceled, and not even the SAVER, which he said he has never heard of it before. He then told me that there's no code for free shipping. That's really frustrating.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Well, it's really good to know that GS is consistent in their hiring of inept, lazy people.[/quote]

Consistency is the key.

I haven't found anything that has caught my eye thus far on my gamestops. I did pick a nintendo ds accessory kit that my sister has wanted for a while.

[quote name='alvinksl']The Gamestop CS is rather bad. Have been trying to place an order for Namco Museum and Sonic Rush Adventure since my order with the $5 off coupon was canceled 10 days ago, but it still says that the purchase quantity limit has been exceeded. When I sent them a email they directed me to the telephone hotline. But when I tried to order through the phone the CSR told me that I can't use any coupons with the order, not the complimentary $10 coupon they sent me after my order was canceled, and not even the SAVER, which he said he has never heard of it before. He then told me that there's no code for free shipping. That's really frustrating.[/quote]

Well, I've been having a similar issue. I called 3-4 different reps and none of them could do anything about exceeding the limit. However, they did allow me to use a code, but only ONE code. They said it was either the $10 off or SAVER. Apparently, they say their system will only allow one. One of them also said the limit status would clear in about a week and that obviously didn't happen.

[quote name='Sarrasis']Shit, mine was cancelled too w/o any notification. Thanks Assholes!
ig.jpg
[/quote]

That's too bad that they cancelled your orders like this.

I picked up probably the last Valkyrie Chronicles in Philadelphia today in the GS in the Gallery. It was still sealed in plastic! Woo hoo. I don't even like JRPGs but you damn people talked me into over the past two weeks. Arg peer pressure! I hope you're all right about this game...

add another canceled without notification. fuckers didn't even give me another coupon code (used the 10.00 off from the apology about 5off60 code goof). I emailed them asking about it, and all they said was

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

We do apologize in regards to your order. However, all orders for Valkyria Chronicles will be “Sold Out”. We are no longer carrying this item until further notice from the Buyer. If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this email.

Best regards,

Edward Customer Service Agent

OK, I get it, too many VC were ordered, but where's my coupon back then. I'll happily pick up something else using the code (Guilty Gear AC Plus is lookin mighty tempting). assholes

[quote name='Mugen Power']Well, I've been having a similar issue. I called 3-4 different reps and none of them could do anything about exceeding the limit. However, they did allow me to use a code, but only ONE code. They said it was either the $10 off or SAVER. Apparently, they say their system will only allow one. One of them also said the limit status would clear in about a week and that obviously didn't happen.[/quote]

The CSR clearly leaves a lot to be desired. Actually I think it shouldn't be too difficult to manually correct the limit. It's unreasonable that we have to end up paying much more because of their fault. And I find it strange that the rep I talked to didn't know the SAVER code. He even told me that it was a glitch and I wasn't supposed to use it.

Since these GameDays games are all new, can you return an opened/gutted 'new' copy for a full refund? They are selling it to you as new, so I don't see why not.

Anyone know?

Is VC a good game? I like RPGs with good story (Lost Odyssey)and a good gameplay (persona). If it is best in both parts then I will defenitly pick it up.

Also, do you think that these prices will drop more?

[quote name='TheFreshPrince']Since these GameDays games are all new, can you return an opened/gutted 'new' copy for a full refund? They are selling it to you as new, so I don't see why not.

Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

dont they seal the game in a bag and if that's been opened u cant return. i think u can exchange tho, not sure

[quote name='themidnighter23']dont they seal the game in a bag and if that's been opened u cant return. i think u can exchange tho, not sure[/QUOTE]

My copies were completely opened with a little GAMEDAYS sticker on the outside

If the game is already opened, it's a YMMV thing, unfortunately. You might have a reasonable employee or manager who realizes they are selling OPENED games. Others...well...this is GameStop. When buying opened games, GS will sometimes put a stick on the case to "seal" it, so that you can return it if you change your mind.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']If the game is already opened, it's a YMMV thing, unfortunately. You might have a reasonable employee or manager who realizes they are selling OPENED games. Others...well...this is GameStop. When buying opened games, GS will sometimes put a stick on the case to "seal" it, so that you can return it if you change your mind.[/quote]

This. I've seen them put a clear sticker over the case so they can tell if you've opened it or not. Those things are such a pain to remove too.

[quote name='JesusMaximus']Does anyone know when the Guitar Hero Aerosmith free guitar thing ends?[/quote]
This. I'm not very good with a 360 controller on GH2 and still need to solder-fix my WT guitar.
So an X-Plorer would be very sexy right now.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']If the game is already opened, it's a YMMV thing, unfortunately. You might have a reasonable employee or manager who realizes they are selling OPENED games. Others...well...this is GameStop. When buying opened games, GS will sometimes put a stick on the case to "seal" it, so that you can return it if you change your mind.[/QUOTE]

Yep. For example, for all the 360 games that I've seen what they do is remove the plastic wrap and cut the green seal. Then when you buy the game they put the game in the case and "re-seal" it with a sticker.

bread's done
Back