Gamestop Gameboy & GBC games 75% off no longer includes DVDs

neokellyzero

CAG Veteran
Deal in title starts tomorrow. Not sure if it's all stores, but but the manager at the one by me said it should stack with edge- he also let me hold about a dozen dvds (ATHF box sets will be like $3 after all discounts) Happy Hunting-

So far picked up-

Super rc pro am - .50
wario land 2- 1.25
wario land 3- 1.00
Quest for camelot- .75
Castlevania adventures- .75
Conkers pocket tales- .50
Game and watch gallery- .5
Mario golf- 1.25
Mega man 2- 1.25
Flintstones: Burgertime in bedrock- 2.50
Nobunaga's ambition- .75
4-in-1 Fun pak- 1.25
Robopon: Sun version- 1.25
Bubble bobble- 3.75

And i also got 1 dvd-
Voltron: defender of the universe Collection 1- Blue lion (3 disc) - 5

[quote name='lude21']So far picked up-
And i also got 1 dvd-
Voltron: defender of the universe Collection 1- Blue lion (3 disc) - 5[/QUOTE]

nice i would kill for that.

[quote name='Rave Child']I suppose my wording was probably a bit confusing, but I meant that using the Edge card will make things 40% cheaper than they would have been without using the Edge card. Mostly I'm good at numbers. Not so much with the words.

Also, I'm extremely jealous, Slim. I've tried all three stores I know of that sell DVDs, and I got maybe a dozen movies and box sets. I've also never seen a blu-ray at GS, only HD DVDs. Congrats on the haul![/quote]

Thanks! I'm going through it all now...my living room has completely full. :cry:

Iron Man was definitely worth the $2.50, I must say. ;)

This has been posted, but I'm going to ask (and then search through the thread) Do new Blu Rays ring up discounted? Has it been confirmed, or would they have to be sold as used?

Okay, haven't really found much so far in the way of BluRays or DVDs/Boxed Sets that have been worthy of picking up, but I struck gold as far as Gameboy/Gameboy Color is concerned.

I started by searching on gamestop.com to try and determine what the "dump" stores are in the LA area for Gameboy/Gameboy color games, since none of the numerous stores near me seem to have any at all. So after stepping through the games listed online that I'd be interested in, I found a few stores that had a decent selection near me. Most stores that have any selection or seem to be "dump" stores in LA are in the ghetto (probably because the poor people in those areas can only afford older, cheaper games and systems), but I found 1 in Torrance and 1 in Long Beach that looked like good bets.

Just an FYI, while the Buy 2 Get 1 Free all used games did indeed start today, it does NOT work on or stack with the Gameboy/Gameboy Color 75% off (85% off with Edge). So YMMV on that one. But that was the reason I held off until today to go hit these stores, and I paid for that at one of the stores.

The Torrance store was a bitch and a half to get to...tons of traffic, and quite a ways from the freeway. So I finally get there, and the guy tells me that someone NOT 2 MINUTES PRIOR cleaned him out of Gameboy Color games. They had a few crappy games left, but also from the look of it, they didn't have much selection to start with. But I was PISSED.

I was really feeling crushed, but I got down to the Long Beach store. In there, half of one of the tall cases was FILLED with Gameboy and Gameboy color games, and the manager tells me he has 2 BOXES filled with more in the back. So while these were all cart only, I didn't get the B2G1F on them, and some need a good cleaning, out of about 150 GB and GBC carts I ended up cleaning out all the good stuff...28 games, for $35.07

My receipt is literally 3 feet long.

Ok, I spend another day bargain hunting. I traveled about 60 miles to and from, but it turned out to be WELL worth it.

BLU Haul:

The Prestige
SWAT
Live Free Or Die Hard
Spiderman 3 x 11 (yes, 11 copies. I couldn't resist...and it paid off)
Stir of Echoes
Devil's Rejects
First Sunday
Superman- The Movie
Prom Night
War
Blood Diamond
Pirates of the Caribbean 1
Condemned
Chain Reaction
Species

About 20 GB/C games too, including Zelda: LA DX, Warioland and various Tetris titles.

Took those 10 extra Spiderman to a local CD Warehouse and traded them in for 200% profit each. Grabbed a MINT FRESH copy of blu-ray Godfather Coppola Restoration. Bam.

It came late this year, but I knew it would come. This gets the award for Best Haul of 2008.

Total Cost: $80.93

Okay here's the list of what I got. One of the Dragon Warrior 1 + 2's was actually Dragon Warrior Monsters Cody I think it was, mismarked. All prices are with the 85% off applied...sorry the names on some of these are cut off on the receipt, I don't have the games in front of me so some are dupes and some are 1, 2, etc. but I remember somewhat what these were.

The only one I really missed out on that I was looking for was Dragon Warrior 3. But there are some more stores I will hit over the next few days...

Final Fantasy Adventure $.90
Final Fantasy Legend $.75
Final Fantasy Legend 2 $1.50
Dragon Warrior I + II $1.50
Dragon Warrior Monsters $1.50
Legend of Zelda, Oracle of Ages $1.50
Lufia: The Legend Returns $1.50 x2
TMNT 3 $2.25 x2
Double Dragon $1.50
Ninja Gaiden Shadow $.60
Castlevania Adventure $.45
Super Mario Land $1.50
Mega Man Xtreme $1.50
Game and Watch Gallery $.30 x2
Bionic Commando $.45
Shadowgate Classic $.45
Beauty and the Beast $1.50
X-Men Mutant Wars $1.50
Wario Land 2 $.75
Battletoads $.75
Donkey Kong Land 2 $1.50
Harvest Moon $.90
Harvest Moon 2 $1.05
Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine $1.50
Kirby's DreamLand $.75

Total $32.40 + 8.25% tax = $35.07

There's another store I'm planning on demolishing on Friday...

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! I just got to my parent's house for Thanksgiving, and dinner was right near a Gamestop I haven't been to in about four years. It turns out they had TONs of DVDs (at least compared to what I'm used to). Unfortunately, there were almost no box sets, and no blu rays, but I managed to get 30 various titles for $45. Standouts include 24: Season 1, ATHF: Season 1 maybe, and LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring collector's/extended edition. Unfortunately, I think there are no GB/GBC dump stores in the area. I was really hoping to score some of those.

Hmm, I wonder how I'm going to get all these DVDs back home... It takes up almost as much as the rest of the luggage I brought.

[quote name='Rave Child']Awesome! I just got to my parent's house for Thanksgiving, and dinner was right near a Gamestop I haven't been to in about four years. It turns out they had TONs of DVDs (at least compared to what I'm used to). Unfortunately, there were almost no box sets, and no blu rays, but I managed to get 30 various titles for $45. Standouts include 24: Season 1, ATHF: Season 1 maybe, and LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring collector's/extended edition. Unfortunately, I think there are no GB/GBC dump stores in the area. I was really hoping to score some of those.

Hmm, I wonder how I'm going to get all these DVDs back home... It takes up almost as much as the rest of the luggage I brought.[/quote]

Leave the cases at your parents in say a banker's box, and use a CD/DVD case to haul the movies.

The 75% off also is good on GB/GBC hardware and accessories (as anyone who's seen the signs knows). I got a Game Boy Color for $2.50 (forgot what it's like to have a non-backlit handheld). The funny part, though, is the receipt proclaims "You saved $90 by buying used!" underneath the GBC specifically. So, I guess if you find a brand new GBC at a GS, they'll be charging $100 for it. :lol:

[quote name='dcgm']Ok, I spend another day bargain hunting. I traveled about 60 miles to and from, but it turned out to be WELL worth it.

BLU Haul:

The Prestige
SWAT
Live Free Or Die Hard
Spiderman 3 x 11 (yes, 11 copies. I couldn't resist...and it paid off)
Stir of Echoes
Devil's Rejects
First Sunday
Superman- The Movie
Prom Night
War
Blood Diamond
Pirates of the Caribbean 1
Condemned
Chain Reaction
Species

About 20 GB/C games too, including Zelda: LA DX, Warioland and various Tetris titles.

Took those 10 extra Spiderman to a local CD Warehouse and traded them in for 200% profit each. Grabbed a MINT FRESH copy of blu-ray Godfather Coppola Restoration. Bam.

It came late this year, but I knew it would come. This gets the award for Best Haul of 2008.

Total Cost: $80.93[/QUOTE]

pure curiousity on tiv for them.

[quote name='Animal7390']pure curiousity on tiv for them.[/quote]
?

Oh, and some retard gave me ONLY the bonus disc for Pirates. I am so pissed off. Can't drive back out there for that, either. I guess I lost $2.70...

[quote name='dcgm']?

Oh, and some retard gave me ONLY the bonus disc for Pirates. I am so pissed off. Can't drive back out there for that, either. I guess I lost $2.70...[/quote]

YOU GOT RIPPED!:bouncy:

LOL, with the way we're making out, I think we can live with getting dinged a little. For me, I got charged the Dragon Warrior 1 + 2 price for what was actually Dragon Warrior Monsters 1. I think I lost like $.25 on that one. WHAT A RIP!!!! HAHAHA!!!

[quote name='karkyco']YOU GOT RIPPED!:bouncy:

LOL, with the way we're making out, I think we can live with getting dinged a little. For me, I got charged the Dragon Warrior 1 + 2 price for what was actually Dragon Warrior Monsters 1. I think I lost like $.25 on that one. WHAT A RIP!!!! HAHAHA!!![/QUOTE]

One GB game I picked up - Williams Arcade Classics something or other - didn't even ring up for 75% off, so I had to pay $3.59 for that piece of shit. Since it was with 20 other games I didn't even notice. I got ripped!

[quote name='dcgm']?

Oh, and some retard gave me ONLY the bonus disc for Pirates. I am so pissed off. Can't drive back out there for that, either. I guess I lost $2.70...[/QUOTE]

i meant the tiv for spiderman 3

[quote name='karkyco']Most stores that have any selection or seem to be "dump" stores in LA are in the ghetto (probably because the poor people in those areas can only afford older, cheaper games and systems), but I found 1 in Torrance and 1 in Long Beach that looked like good bets.

The Torrance store was a bitch and a half to get to...tons of traffic, and quite a ways from the freeway. So I finally get there, and the guy tells me that someone NOT 2 MINUTES PRIOR cleaned him out of Gameboy Color games. They had a few crappy games left, but also from the look of it, they didn't have much selection to start with. But I was PISSED. [/quote]

Are you saying that Torrance is ghetto? :whistle2:s Maybe LB but I don't think Torrance is ghetto. Maybe I'm reading your post wrong.

Anyways, all I managed to find was Kiss of the Dragon BR and Are We Done Yet? BR. Both of the GS in Torrance that I checked didn't have anything good. I wasn't able to check one because they closed at 8pm.

Bah, my copy of Lufia: The Legend Returns has a dead battery and nothing saves...so sad to be returning this title. Not too keen on soldering the battery.

DBZ Supersonic Warriors will go back cause it's like a card game, and Resident Evil Gaiden is being returned due to the inability to progress beyond the intro (might be damage to the cart somewhere?).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='karkyco']YOU GOT RIPPED!:bouncy:

LOL, with the way we're making out, I think we can live with getting dinged a little. For me, I got charged the Dragon Warrior 1 + 2 price for what was actually Dragon Warrior Monsters 1. I think I lost like $.25 on that one. WHAT A RIP!!!! HAHAHA!!![/quote]

LOL so true. I was pissed, but seriously, I definitely shouldn't be.

[quote name='Animal7390']i meant the tiv for spiderman 3[/quote]
Ahh. I'm not sure of the tiv for gamestop, but CD Warehouse gave me 4 bucks a pop. That's what, like $25 profit? Plus that mint Godfather collection was cheap at $40. Awesome deal.

[quote name='Caliburn']Bah, my copy of Lufia: The Legend Returns has a dead battery and nothing saves...so sad to be returning this title. Not too keen on soldering the battery.[/quote]
Surely gasoline and time is worth more? Might as well keep it?

[quote name='dcgm']
Surely gasoline and time is worth more? Might as well keep it?[/quote]

Not in my case - it's a 5 minute walk to the GS, and I will be returning two other games as well to get my $4.35 + tax back. ;)

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']so with the B2G1 free starting tomorrow does anyone know if dvds/BRs will still be 75% ?[/quote]
It already started in most areas. I was at several GS's yesterday but they made it clear that the 2 deals won't stack.

The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages $1.50
The Matrix Reloaded wide screen edition 2 DVD complete $0.45
Oz the Complete First Season 3 DVD mint package - $3.00
Spiderman 3 Blu Ray disc only $1.95
X-Men the Last Stand DVD disc only $1.95
Holiday DVD disc only $1.50
World Trade Center DVD disc only $1.50
Pirates of the Caribbean Dead man's Chest DVD disc 1 only $1.95
Devil Wears Prada DVD disc only for my sister lol $1.50

I was not expecting to find much so I feel I did pretty good today.:)

Ok I made out on this sale (I need to hit more stores), the games are coming up super cheap for me (prices are after 75% off and edge):

Wildsnake (GB) - .60
Fighting Simulator (GB) - .60
Inspector Gadget (GBC clear cart) - 1.05
Shamus (GBC black cart) - .75
Snoopy Magic Show (GB) - .75
Jungle Book (GB) - .75
Tomb Raider (GBC clear cart) - .75

I wouldn't send back any games that had dead batteries, if anyone really needs the service for a rare game or some other reason, I can refer you to someone who knows how to change the battery. Even so you can probably find someone you know who knows how to change the battery, its not hard if you know how to solder.

so the guy in front of me in line tonight at GS traded in a couple blu-ray's and so when he was done i asked if i could buy the 4 blu-ray movies the guy just brought in and the guy cashing me out said that I had to wait a day before they got put into the system, i said that was a load of b/s and its never been like that before

Had a nice haul today; all prices are with edge and discount.

Title $
----------------------------------------------
Bart's Escape from Camp Deadly 0.75
Bart Vs. the Juggernauts 0.90
Batman: Chaos on the City 2.25
Blaster Master: Boy 1.50
Bomberman 0.75
Bomberman Max: Blue 0.45
Bonk's Adventure 0.75
Bugs Bunny: Crazy Castle 1.50
Bust a Move: Millenium 1.50
Buster Bros 1.50
Conker's Pocket Tales 0.30
Contra: Alien Wars 1.50
Crystalis 0.75
Darkwing Duck 0.45
Donkey Kong Land II 1.50
Dr. Mario 0.75
Empire Strikes Back 0.45
Fighting Simulator 0.60
Final Fantasy Adventure 0.75
Game and Watch Gallery 2 0.45
Golf 0.45
Harvest Moon 0.90
Harvest Moon III 2.70
Ishido 0.45
Jeopardy 0.75
Jungle Strike 0.75
Kirby's Block Ball 1.50
Kirby's Pinball Land 0.75
Klax 1.20
Legend of Zelda: Ages 1.50
Legend of Zelda: DX 1.50
Lemmings 0.60
Mario Picross 1.50
Mega Man: Xtreme 1.50
Metroid II 0.75
Mickey Mouse 1.50
Mr. Do! 1.50
Mr. Do! 1.50
Ninja Boy 1.50
Operation C 0.45
Pocket Bomberman 0.75
Pokemon: Crystal 2.55
Pokemon: Gold 1.50
Pokemon: Silver 1.50
Rescue of Princess Blobette 0.30
Return of the Ninja 1.50
Simpsons: Treehouse of Terror 1.50
Spider-Man 1.50
Spider-Man 2 1.20
Super Mario Bros: Deluxe 1.50
Super Mario Land 1.50
Super Mario Land II 1.50
Super Mario Land III: Wario Land 0.75
Tecmo Bowl 0.45
Tetris 0.60
Tetris Blast 1.95
Wario Land II 0.75
Wario Land III 0.60
Worms: Armageddon 0.75
Yoda Stories 1.50

[quote name='hobomatt']so the guy in front of me in line tonight at GS traded in a couple blu-ray's and so when he was done i asked if i could buy the 4 blu-ray movies the guy just brought in and the guy cashing me out said that I had to wait a day before they got put into the system, i said that was a load of b/s and its never been like that before[/QUOTE]

Wait a second, Gamestop is clearing out Blu-Rays at 75% off yet they're still taking in trade-ins for them? What are they giving, a quarter a movie?

Only one GS around here that still has a small stock of GB games, picked up Pokemon Silver and Gold for $1.50 each after edge and discount. Not bad at all.

[quote name='hobomatt']so the guy in front of me in line tonight at GS traded in a couple blu-ray's and so when he was done i asked if i could buy the 4 blu-ray movies the guy just brought in and the guy cashing me out said that I had to wait a day before they got put into the system, i said that was a load of b/s and its never been like that before[/quote]

I actually think that's pretty common... I've asked multiple times at multiple stores if I could get something that was recently traded, and they've always told me that they have to log it in the system. I was sucessful once, but it was clearly an under-the-counter deal since the clerk just did a straight-up trade with me.

[quote name='Josef']Wait a second, Gamestop is clearing out Blu-Rays at 75% off yet they're still taking in trade-ins for them? What are they giving, a quarter a movie?[/QUOTE]

i think some of them actually trade in for 6 bucks, but most 3 or less. which is funny because thats how much im paying for them after discount.

This is my first post here, so I hope I am doing this right. Does anyone know if the GBC itself has any trade in value? Or should I just freecycle it on the off-chance someone wants it?

I managed to get to one GS Friday, they had the scrappiest little cardboard box of beat-up Gameboy games, maybe a dozen total. The guy says, "This is all we have left, they're 50% off." I told him they were actually 75% now, according to the Gamestop website.

Got Pokemon Silver for $1.50, another employee warned me that it can have battery problems. I said for a buck fifty I'll take the chance.

[quote name='carlamj']This is my first post here, so I hope I am doing this right. Does anyone know if the GBC itself has any trade in value? Or should I just freecycle it on the off-chance someone wants it?[/quote]

I'm guessing it has almost no TIV, since they sell it used for $10. Apparently, it also qualifies for the 75% off, according to an earlier post, so I doubt they would give more than a couple of bucks.

I stopped by a Gamestop today to swap out some movies they had given me full screencopies of, instead of widescreen. I found out they had some Gameboy games hidden somewhere I hadn't seen before. I scored Dragon Warriors I & II, Wario Land II, Wario Land 3, Link's Awakening DX, and some Yu-Gi-Oh game. I'm loving this sale!

[quote name='carlamj']This is my first post here, so I hope I am doing this right. Does anyone know if the GBC itself has any trade in value? Or should I just freecycle it on the off-chance someone wants it?[/quote]

I believe they dont buy back anything from the GBC and older.

Try selling it on your local craigslist. Depending on the condition, you could get at least $10-20 for it.

[quote name='Josef']Wait a second, Gamestop is clearing out Blu-Rays at 75% off yet they're still taking in trade-ins for them? What are they giving, a quarter a movie?[/QUOTE]

I think it was a mistake on their part. I have a hard time believing they intentionally priced Blu Ray movies 85% off that is crazy.

bread's done
Back